The Sims 2 Fanatics Club!

Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: The Sims 2 Fanatics Club!

Post by Keika »

That's kind of what I'm hoping for with TS4. I don't want to get into all the missing features drama that's been going on around the internet, but I'm hoping for a game that goes back to the essence of what TS2 is, combines some of the best features of TS3, and adds in some good ones of its own. I don't know, maybe I'm just an optimist. Even if it does end up that way, though, you'll still find me in the corner with good ole' TS2. :)
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Keika wrote:That's kind of what I'm hoping for with TS4. I don't want to get into all the missing features drama that's been going on around the internet, but I'm hoping for a game that goes back to the essence of what TS2 is, combines some of the best features of TS3, and adds in some good ones of its own. I don't know, maybe I'm just an optimist. Even if it does end up that way, though, you'll still find me in the corner with good ole' TS2. :)
Yeah, the only point at which I will believe anything that anyone says about the game online is when it's out and people start playing it. I just blocked it on Tumblr and went on my merry way when I couldn't stand the ads and hype any more. I'm probably not going to buy TS4 though. After being the go-to debugger for all my friends with TS3 at college (despite not owning a copy myself) I'm hesitant to sink any money into the system if EA is going to continue doing things like selling blank discs and requiring people who got them to install via Origin, and that weird thing with the Generations that I never understood. Plus, I have no money, need to get a real job, and my legacy lives in TS2. 8-)
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Scribal_Goddess wrote:I'm probably not going to buy TS4 though. After being the go-to debugger for all my friends with TS3 at college (despite not owning a copy myself) I'm hesitant to sink any money into the system if EA is going to continue doing things like selling blank discs and requiring people who got them to install via Origin, and that weird thing with the Generations that I never understood. Plus, I have no money, need to get a real job, and my legacy lives in TS2. 8-)
All very good reasons, I think. Sims may be awesome, but it is also expensive. :?
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Keika wrote:
Scribal_Goddess wrote:I'm probably not going to buy TS4 though. After being the go-to debugger for all my friends with TS3 at college (despite not owning a copy myself) I'm hesitant to sink any money into the system if EA is going to continue doing things like selling blank discs and requiring people who got them to install via Origin, and that weird thing with the Generations that I never understood. Plus, I have no money, need to get a real job, and my legacy lives in TS2. 8-)
All very good reasons, I think. Sims may be awesome, but it is also expensive. :?
And I have at least as much fun watching other simblr people flail through the demo and go "Where are the options? Where did the buttons go? WHERE IS MY 80'S LOOKING DORKY CARDIGAN!?"
Pea

Post by Pea »

Pony wrote:I sometimes wish there was a way to smush both games together. I love TS2, but I would like the customization without having a buzillion recolors. (Has iCad's complete wall collection....)
That's pretty much the only thing I really want. I really dislike having all those recolors, but it's just a limitation of a ten-year-old game. :grin:
LaurenElizabethJayne
Origin ID: Lauren_Dillon_x

Post by LaurenElizabethJayne »

I don't know if I'll get TS4...I mean the sims I've made in the demo are so cute, but I cannot afford/be bothered starting off with nothing, whilst EA release expansion packs/stuff pack after stuff pack and try to make us pay to download custom content just to make the game feel complete. For £40 I would like to see weather, pets or university in the base game...but obviously we'll have to pay a huge amount a few months down the line to get that stuff.

Never really liked TS3 either. I honestly think all the sims look exactly the same, and I hated building/decorating in it. I'm not a fan of the create-a-style.

So I think I'll continue to play TS2, and maybe lurk around to see how TS4 looks/costs. Sims 2 is just everything I want from the game, feel connected to the simmies and I love their cute cartoon look. :whome:
mandarine

Post by mandarine »

Ts4...*sighs*
Spoiler:
I mean, if you guys like what you see, go on, but I feel like EA doesn't really care anymore. I mean, how hard can it be to programme something like a crude collision box for a sim so they Won't clip together? How hard can it be to have different heighted teens/adults? How hard can it be not to slaughter your own universe?
Yep, CAS is fantastic. I adore the Ts4 CAS. But the game itself feels and looks like it is probably full of bugs, loveless gameplay and weird inside jokes.
I'll stay with Ts2 until Ts4 is something around 30€ here. Which will, considering EA, take a long time. Probably until Ts5 comes out.
Pea

Post by Pea »

mandarine wrote:Ts4...*sighs*
Spoiler:
I mean, if you guys like what you see, go on, but I feel like EA doesn't really care anymore. I mean, how hard can it be to programme something like a crude collision box for a sim so they Won't clip together? How hard can it be to have different heighted teens/adults? How hard can it be not to slaughter your own universe?
Yep, CAS is fantastic. I adore the Ts4 CAS. But the game itself feels and looks like it is probably full of bugs, loveless gameplay and weird inside jokes.
I'll stay with Ts2 until Ts4 is something around 30€ here. Which will, considering EA, take a long time. Probably until Ts5 comes out.
That's pretty much my stance on it too. I just don't want to go through the long process of EA releasing expansion packs until they add something I actually want. They suckered me into buying TS3 close to launch (about three or four months after), and I was immensely disappointed back then. I'm just not going to put down such a large amount of money (for a computer game, at least) and regret it a few months later.
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Is it okay to say that I'll be a die-hard TS2 fan even if I've never touched TS3? the funny part is, I have it installed too, taking up about 100GB of my space since I have almost all the expansions and stuff packs, so I could try it anytime. :rotfl:

It's just that I really really really don't like how the sims looks. Yes, I'm shallow when it comes that, but I always thought that of all the Sims version, TS2 is the best looking ones once you got you CC in. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, even with all the CC, TS3 sims don't look as good as TS2s.

Aesthetic aside, although I really like the idea of open worlds, I just couldn't get past the complaints that a lot of seasoned simmers have complained about TS3. i.e. one family per neighborhood, lack of controls over sims, having to add mods to make the game functionable, etc. :thdown:

:haha: I might as well uninstall TS3 since it's been sitting there forever taking up spaces I could make use of.

As for TS4, I really really not liking the fact that they took out toddlers and pool and is probably gonna make us pay for it in a later expansion pack. I also extremely HATE the we need Origin and an internet connection to play it. WTH!!! Not everyone have internet and what happens to those days when any games we buy may is ours to who with whatever we wish?! :diablo: Wish the ground opens up and take to hell all those greedy EA creators.

Unfortunately for me, since I have the TS4 collector's edition pre-ordered, I might as well see what happens.
ImageImage
Vivi

Post by Vivi »

The Sims 2 is my childhood, why wouldn't I appreciate it? XD Count me in as a fanatic. I love sims 2, I miss playing it after all of these years.

I do own the sims 3, but it never was the same as the sims 2. The sims weren't even that appealing to me in features, custom content is hard to install, and I don't like the fact that the store is even implemented into the game. There's a lot I don't like about sims 3. But I do like some of the customizable features, such as being able to turn off aging. The seamless world is nice too, so long as I have aging off. I'm glad they added that in, although I wish it were only for the household and not universal. :banghead:

As for the sims 4... I love the CAS, I tried out the sims 4 demo and loved it. I'm just hoping that when I get into the actual game (It comes out on my B-day XD ) It'll be a nice change from the sims 3 and represent the sims 2 more, though I can be optimistic at times. XD (And I hope none of my sims die from laughter. That little thing is kind of ridiculous. ) I know EA has been really rotten lately, so I hope they finally listened to their customers. That in itself is highly optimistic, though. ^^;
Formerly Vampy/Vampire3218

Auluna

Post by Auluna »

Oh look, my fellow TS2 loonies gathered in one spot! :highfive:

Man oh man, the hours I lost to that game in the beginning! Had no clue what I was doing and I loved every moment of it! Now I would consider myself quite Sim-savvy, but I rather miss the days when it was all fresh and new. I went through several copies of certain expansions simply because I played them to death in anticipation of the next one coming out. My playing of TS2 died off when I got into other games, but recently, with Ultimate Collection; it's game on once again!

Don't know if I'll log as many hours as I did before (and let's pray I don't give into my CC addiction!), but I'll darn sure give it a try! Not to mention on this machine TS2 runs quite beautifully, something that my old clunker of a desktop back then couldn't boast.

Happy Simming, everyone! :drinks: :celebration: :raspberry:
Hi, my name is Auluna and I'm a shameless user of emoticons :P :D ;)
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Auluna wrote:Oh look, my fellow TS2 loonies gathered in one spot! :highfive:

Man oh man, the hours I lost to that game in the beginning! Had no clue what I was doing and I loved every moment of it! Now I would consider myself quite Sim-savvy, but I rather miss the days when it was all fresh and new. I went through several copies of certain expansions simply because I played them to death in anticipation of the next one coming out. My playing of TS2 died off when I got into other games, but recently, with Ultimate Collection; it's game on once again!

Don't know if I'll log as many hours as I did before (and let's pray I don't give into my CC addiction!), but I'll darn sure give it a try! Not to mention on this machine TS2 runs quite beautifully, something that my old clunker of a desktop back then couldn't boast.

Happy Simming, everyone! :drinks: :celebration: :raspberry:
it is possible NOT to give into CC addiction? For myself, when I'm hooked, I'm HOOKED and never looked back. lol. For simmers who doesn't want to clog their download folder and slow down their games, I suggest getting at least the default replacements for face templates, skintones, eyes, hair, etc. See? that's my addiction talking. :rotfl:
ImageImage
Auluna

Post by Auluna »

Oh I've already got one default replacement in place (face templates for less yoogly townies). I'd love to get more CC in there, but darn near everything available for download is in .RAR form, and the last time I tried installing an unzipping program (WinRAR), I got adware. Name me a legit safe program to use and you can bet I'll get back into the CC game! :P
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Auluna wrote:Oh I've already got one default replacement in place (face templates for less yoogly townies). I'd love to get more CC in there, but darn near everything available for download is in .RAR form, and the last time I tried installing an unzipping program (WinRAR), I got adware. Name me a legit safe program to use and you can bet I'll get back into the CC game! :P
Really? I've never had a problem with WinRar. You could maybe try 7-Zip, though.
Auluna

Post by Auluna »

Heather wrote:
Auluna wrote:Oh I've already got one default replacement in place (face templates for less yoogly townies). I'd love to get more CC in there, but darn near everything available for download is in .RAR form, and the last time I tried installing an unzipping program (WinRAR), I got adware. Name me a legit safe program to use and you can bet I'll get back into the CC game! :P
Really? I've never had a problem with WinRar. You could maybe try 7-Zip, though.
7-Zip (from what I researched) looks like the safe route. But I don't know what it is that scares me, downloading a new program onto my computer, or that the switch in my head will go off and suddenly I'll be like: "MUST DOWNLOAD ALL THE THINGS!!!" :rofl:
Chan

Post by Chan »

Oh man, here I thought I was a part of a dying breed of Sims 2 players. And I was already writing out my epitaph: "Here lies Chan.. Sims 2 til death... She was lonely... But she had sims 2."

No but I can't let go of Sims 2 because 1: I swear the Sims 3 sims all look alike. They're all round faced to me. I don't know, maybe I'm weird but they're just not my type. Two, it's just... So much, Sims 3. From how to get a promotion to the Lifetime Wants, it's just so much. Sims 2 is familiar, it runs well, I have ALL THE EPS AND SPS, and it's pretty. Tried Sims 3... Then I went home, lol.
Whispiee

Post by Whispiee »

As much as I'm enjoying Sims 4, and enjoyed Sims 3 - I've always found myself running back to Sims 2. :roll: It's just always been my favorite of all the Sims.
Auluna

Post by Auluna »

I think TS2 is more sentimental to me than anything. I first started playing when it originally came out, and that was when I first started seriously getting into PC gaming. I think the best part was that I had no idea what I was doing with this game and enjoying every moment of it :goodvibes:
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

I enjoy ts3 and 4 quite a lot. HOWEVER... I miss alien genetics of sims 2...

And I am incredibly embarrassed to admit that I've forgotten the testing cheats enabler for sims 2

It was a couple years back that I got the bundles for S2. good thing my original discs work for freetime, bv, seasons and AL...
So yeah, if someone could kindly refresh my memory of the one cheat thru pm, I would really be grateful.
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

I use Extract Now, and never had an issue. It extracts just about everything. :)

ETA: I still haven't even attempted Sims 3 - it holds zero appeal for me besides some of the oddball things here or there. 4 kind of reminds me of what 3 SHOULD have been in a way - almost like a 2.5, but I haven't played that one either. Sims 2 will probably be coming along for the ride with me for a long time to come. :lol:
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”