Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC - Chapter Five - 11/11/14

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
I'd forgotten how strange Hex looks without his CC! But hooray for him being a baby daddy! Shame about the Unsavory Charlatan.

Also Rhys really is everywhere! And the Vetinaris! So many classic and well-known sims! What other classic legacy sims have you got hiding in your 'hood?

Jessie's sims are so cute, I can't wait to see their offspring.

Loved it, and looking forward to more kids! :D
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC - Chapter Five - 11/11/14

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Lots and lots of simselves, and classic legacy sims oh my!
They came out in droves this chapter huh?
Isn't that just typical of sims...they never play along when we want them to. Stupid Charlatan.
But hey Hex is still a pretty cool dad.
And wow Fiona really is adorable isn't she? And yay Aspiration variety.
Wow you're Garrett's kind of a jerk isn't he? :rotfl:
Another baby gone to twonie land..they grow up so fast. *sniff*
Looking forward to more Wynter Wonderland adventures.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC - Chapter Six - 11/19/14

Post by Keika »

Updated~! Chapter Six is all bright and shiny and new for you! Now, about those replies...

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Yes, yes he does. *pets Hex's son who hasn't quite been born yet in Chapter 5* Thanks, Ani-Mei!
Anne:
Spoiler:
Thanks, Anne! :D

Isn't he, though? I was so pleased when I found him! Kind of a goal to get him into the family tree. :yes:

Man, your simself really loves popping up at community lots! And always so recognizable, with that lovely red sweater that I'm actually really rather jealous of. ;)

Thanks again! :)
Rosie:
Spoiler:
Thanks, Rosie! :awesome:

I know, right? That was the version Sam sent me, though, and I decided to stick with it. He looks awfully dreamy even without CC. ;)

Thanks, Rosie! Can't wait 'till you finally come back to visit, you college student you! Also, happy early birthday! :party:
Jessie:
Spoiler:
My pleasure. ^^

Yep! BB are finally starting to come out of the woodwork and hang out at community lots!

It's amazing how much just a different skin default can change the look of a sim, isn't it? :lol: I like your sims--they look great even without the skin default, and I already had their hair and clothes. :yes: Plus, they're just such fun characters! The type that keeps you reading the challenge just to read more about. ;)

Oh, don't worry. I kept Bruges in mind. :diablo:

Thanks, Jessie, on both counts! :D
Sam:
Spoiler:
He does look super different, doesn't he? :lol: Still plenty dreamy, though!

Yep! Now he's invading more recent games, too. :shifty: Actually, you've already mostly seen all my classic legacy sims. I looked for Cecil Goodytwoshoes and Gage Uglacy, too, but couldn't find them. :P

Thanks, Sam! :D
Ash:
Spoiler:
Yep, they sure did! They all seemed to show up at the same time while Wynn was out man-hunting! :lol:

I know, right? The one time I want him to pickpocket my sim, and he doesn't. :roll: I waited on that lot for ages.

Yeah, he kinda is. :rotfl:

Thanks, Ash! :D
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Pretty eyed baby is pretty eyed. I should totally do some legacy importing but well things...not good here. Anyway, nice to see some Rhys spawn in the mix always need more eevvilll around right? Nice chappie and Hex spawn too.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
I like the pretty eyes. :3 Sorry to hear that things aren't good. I'm thinking Levi is going to do his father proud, at least more so than Hazel did for Larch. Where did she get all those nice points, anyway?

Thanks, Ani-Mei. :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:)
Spoiler:
Yay for a Hex-baby! And I was *just* reading a book with a character named Jace in it, so good choice on the name there, too. Also, those are some awesome eyes from Bruges there! Eric is still awesome, I love him very much. And I look forward to seeing more of Levi - and whether or not he got the nose!

Also, as far as the gender ratio goes, surely that should even out a little as more babies are born? We were taught in stats that the more trials you do, the closer the results are to the expected results. So I guess there's plenty of babies to even that out!
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

Spoiler:
I love your chapter! Dude, when Eric grew up, he got hot! *whistle* Also, all the new kids are adorable! Ivan cracks me up. Just a bit too self aware for his own good. I noticed you had an update right before I had to leave for work and was rather put out that I didn't have time to read it, then. :P Wynn is totally going to figure out who you are. I can't wait. It will be so exciting! Great chapter! Can't wait for the next one. :bounce:
IchigoMcCoy

Post by IchigoMcCoy »

Spoiler:
Yay. :D

Okay, first, Eric is gorgeous. He may be my favorite of Wynn's kids. Ivan is hilarious and I can't wait to see Jace fully grown. Poor Don. I liked him at first. I thought he'd be a villain. And there are few purple clothing options for men? My purple-loving, Hawkeye-fangirling self is saddened by this revelation.

Second, yay, Bruges! Always good to see more Bruges kids! I love how scared he is of the whole thing, from the creepy way Wynn approaches him to the awkwardness of sitting on her couch afterwards. He's so awkward during the whole "wooing." I also love that he was hesitant to go along with the whole thing. Oh, yes, Bruges, it did cause problems and it will cause many more...so many more...MWAHAHAHAHAHA! ...I mean, what?

I love how when you first met Bruges, you said, "I don't trust him!" Now, you're like "You have big, pretty eyes and respect me, I like you!" And I mean that in a good way.

Kale is adorable! Bruges must have some strong genes because Kale looks a lot like Drusilla. I hope you'll put the kids up for download. I'd love to add Kale to my game. And Eric.

Look out, Don. Barcelona has decided to make you one of her associates.

Oh, no, Rhys. Levi will be interesting to see grow up. At least it's not Gage...

I can't wait to see the next update and see Kale grow up!
Call me Jessie.
Night Legacy
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I've been offline for a few weeks, and I missed two chapters! Wow!

Comments - I'm loving this! The kids are so cute, and I really like Ivan. He's got character. Can I put in a vote for him to get a house, too?

I'm glad for Fiona, as well.

Also, good for you for being careful about the Charlatan. He can be downright dangerous.

P.S. : To all the NoNoWriMers out there, good luck! I hope you have better luck than I did. I got sick, and then my novel went "Poof!" and I have to start over. Blergh. On the plus side, being sick meant I didn't have all that much done for me to lose. Now, I'm going to be busy all next week, so I'm just gonna do my own NaNo in December, instead.

In the meantime, I'm going to sim without pressure.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
apocalypticautumn
Steam ID: attackonautumn
Origin ID: attackonautumn

Post Counts

Post by apocalypticautumn »

I'm still on Gen. 8 of the White Legacy, but I decided to catch up on Wynter's escapades now so I don't fall perpetually behind on all your challenges. :smirk:
Let me just say: "CUTENESS EVERYWHERE BABIES AND GENES AND DAWWWW :whome:" because that was my reaction through all of this.
Oh oh and Fiona definitely takes topspot as my favorite spawn. :hearts:
Autumn, Lv26 Magikarp✰
[spoiler]Currently Playing
TS2 - A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy [May 31]
TS3 - The Spectrum's Rainbow Roulette

Elsewhere

Apocalyptic Sims :plumbob: Magikarp Wow
Tweeter&Backloggery[/spoiler]
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Hi, everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!! :D

The new chapter is going to have to wait until December. I'm pushing internet data as it is. :shifty: Sorry.

Sam:
Spoiler:
I was so pleased I got to use Hex! :3 I actually pulled the name "Jace" from a book... I'll betcha it was the same one. ;)

Those eyes are the first and foremost reason I brought Bruges in. He has a really adorable daughter in Jessie's legacy, and I wanted one, too. ^^

That's bound to happen, right? I mean, twenty-six kids, it's bound to even out, right? :P Although, to be completely honest, I don't mind so much. I had a streak of girls in the White legacy, it's nice to have boys for a change.

Thanks for reading and the comment, Sam!
Rosie:

We already talked. :)

Jessie:
Spoiler:
Totally. The men in this family are all gorgeous. :yes:

Villains? In this plotless haven? NEVAAAAAR.

Bruges is a blast. Good job with him. ;) He just seemed so awkward the whole time, poor guy. :lol:

Kale looks so much like Bruges! No kidding, he must have such strong genes! I'll certainly put the kids up for download, though it might be a while yet. I still haven't gotten all the Whites uploaded yet. :roll: If you want one of the kids in particular, though, I'd be happy to get them up early for you.

Barcelona going after Don... dun dun duuuuun.

Thanks, Jessie! :)
Michelle:

Thanks! Ivan's a fun one. He'll definitely be getting a house. :)

The Charlatan is a jerk. >.< A lovable jerk.

I actually opted out of NaNo this year, but good luck with your December NaNo! :) And have fun with the unpressured simming!

Autumn:

Okay! :smirk:

Yep, yep. Precisely. That's the point, really... d'awww!! Babies!! :yoyo:

Thanks for the comment, Autumn! :D
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

December's almost here, anyway!
Spoiler:
I was thinking of the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare :)
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
That's the one. ;)
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC - Chapter Seven - 12/1/14

Post by Keika »

Alright, it's December 1st, and I have enough internet data to upload again! *throws confetti* Chapter seven is all ready for you! This is the last chapter I have completely prewritten, so we are now all on the same page! :D
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Yaaaaay! :D
Spoiler:
This was such a fun update! Also: HI ME! Twice in one update, I'm proud of you (me? us? I'm confused...).
I laughed out loud a couple of times while reading, mostly at Hazel's "...what" when you told her Landon was going to be her new stepfather. :P
Landon's adorable though. He's gonna be fun, I can already tell.
Also: YAY for the Fitzhugh nose! :D
Can't wait for more!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Ah, there's my Percy. *pets* He should have the red hair gene in him since his father Julian had it, his mother was Marsha Bruenig too. Unless it gets lost when he's moved with Sim PE...he never got to have kids in Hidden City so Baby P will be his first, which I guess makes him/her special to Percy. Looking forward to next chapters.
apocalypticautumn
Steam ID: attackonautumn
Origin ID: attackonautumn

Post Counts

Post by apocalypticautumn »

[spoiler]Landon is so sweet and simple! He'll be the perfect husband for Miss Winter. :smirk:
THE UNSAVORY CHARLTON IS MY FAVORITE NPC EVER, so I'm mega excited!! I hope his spawn doesn't cause your 'hood serious corruption though. :begging:[/spoiler][/size]
Autumn, Lv26 Magikarp✰
[spoiler]Currently Playing
TS2 - A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy [May 31]
TS3 - The Spectrum's Rainbow Roulette

Elsewhere

Apocalyptic Sims :plumbob: Magikarp Wow
Tweeter&Backloggery[/spoiler]
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I'm supposed to be revising. This can count as a study break, right?
Spoiler:
I also like to have furniture on 45 degree angles, but sims do like to walk through them.

All the interesting genetics! Ivan's got some interesting genetics. Who's his Daddy again? Also, hooray for the nose! I do like that face template. And Kale's eyes are awesome, too.

Your headmaster is very odd. But hooray for the arrival of baby 'M'! Max lucked out in the interesting genes department, too. Red hair and gold eyes!

I love Landon. He's adorably clueless. It'll be interesting to see how his kids turn out (and also the other 12 babies).

That church is gorgeous! I am envious of your building skills.

Awesome chapter, Keika!
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

So...I read both this and The White Legacy in between schoolwork sessions and then I got too shy to comment on either of them. :oops: I'm sorry. Now that Wynter Wonderland is a featured story (congratulations!) I'm fixing that!
Spoiler:
Wynn is so pretty! She makes great kids too. I've liked all of the kids so far, but my favourite is probably Hazel. You've also been really lucky with interesting genetics. Ivan is very good-looking, and I can't wait to see what Max looks like when he's older! The Unsavoury Charlatan's kiddo should be interesting too, assuming he doesn't completely destroy your game. Then there's sweet, dumb Landon. I love that he's in Politics! I don't know if you watch Parks and Recreation, but there's a congressman who pops up in an episode who really reminds me of Landon. He's just...not all there. Anyway, keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing Baby N!
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Yowch, sorry for the two-week wait, everybody! IRL issues prevented me from taking much of any kind of enjoyment in the sims, and I kind of faded away from the community a little bit... and as soon as those started going away, I get sick enough that my head's all fuzzy, and writing is a bit of an... experience. But enough excuses! Expect the next chapter in the next couple of days, and thank you so much for all the comments!

Also, I am so honored for the featured story highlight! Thanks so much! :awesome:

Anne:
Spoiler:
Simselves break all logical time and space continuums... :shifty:

Oh, I'm having so much fun with Landon! Poor, sweet guy... Wynn really doesn't deserve him. :haha:

Thanks, Anne! :D
Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Yeees, Percy has appeared! :D It's nice to have him working in an environment where he doesn't have to be the out-of-character vampire. Consider this my final apology for his extreme behavior in my legacy: an honored spot in my WYDC.

Spoiler alert: Percy has a son, with brown hair. :P Dominant genes rule.
Autumn:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I love Landon to death. :smirk:

I KNOW, RIGHT!? HE'S MINE TOO!! I just love everything about the Unsavory Charlatan! :rotfl: Don't worry... I've played ahead, and my game survives his spawn. And he has very pretty kids. (Face one. ;))
Sam:

Totally. :yes:
Spoiler:
I love the 45 degree angle for furniture (as you can see), but they do tend to lead to some... rather unfortunate accidents. o.o

This is one of my favorite parts of the challenge--seeing all the genetics flying around! Ivan's daddy is Thai. ^^

No kidding. I don't much like the headmaster. :P

Thanks! It's inspired by the church Twoflower built for her prosperity challenge, Apple Grove. You can see the church on the banner on the top of the page. :)

Thanks, Sam! :D
Emily:

Oh, no need to be shy! Comments are always appreciated, and I love to know who's reading! Thank you so much for leaving a comment, Emily! :hug:
Spoiler:
Isn't she, though? I love Wynn to death. ^^

All these kids, and not an ugly one in the lot! I might be biased, though. :awesome: Hazel is up there with my favorites, too--she's just so sweet and nice to a fault. Really kind of a surprise, considering how closely she resembles her father's side of the family tree!

Luckily, I have played ahead, and I can say that the Unsavory Charlatan's child does not asplode my game. (such a relief!) And that child is a hoot! :D

I've never actually watched Parks and Recreation! I thought it was so funny too that Landon turned out to be in Politics, considering how his personality turned out... and yet, it all seems to make sense. Maybe there's a theme in common between politicians with Landon's IQ and the line of thought that sparked the character in Parks? (If that made sense at all...)

Thanks so much! Again, thanks for dropping by! :D

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”