Quick challenge: superntural Water & Oil

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Quick challenge: superntural Water & Oil

Post by madeinsixam »

I've been in kind of a Sims rut so I decided to do a quick challenge! It's the Water & Oil challenge and here's my results. ^^

(I didn't use the lot linked in that post since I have no idea where to find it these days.)

Part 1
Spoiler:

This is Sunny. As per the challenge rules, she's got the Family aspiration and is nice but sloppy.

And this is Draca! She's a neat and grumpy Romance sim.

As you can see, I decided to make them a plantsim and a vampire for the extra challenge of them having different schedules and activities.

They hated each other so much, Draca was willing to risk her life to fight Sunny outside.

They've got opposite interests, which means Sunny loves sports and Draca does not. Of course, Draca had to watch a match with Sunny, presumably just to cheer for the rival team :P

And yet... watching the game together actually proved to be an opportunity to have a decent, normal conversation. Progress!

Sunny rolled the want to adopt a puppy. Meet Cuddles!

I imagine Draca wasn't very pleased about this "surprise" at first, but she ended up becoming completely obsessed with Cuddles. I mean, who could resist?

Could a shared pet help them bond? Maybe, maybe not. Animals are not a shared interest!

Draca: I love elephants! I watched a great documentary--
Sunny: Ew, elephants. Do you KNOW how many innocent plants they eat?!

Whenever they had a positive conversation, that progress was often undone by spontaneous poking. And yet. Slowly, in fits and starts, they began to hate each other a little bit less.
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Quick challenge: superntural Water & Oil

Post by madeinsixam »

Part 2
Spoiler:

What with Sunny being a nice Sim, it made sense that she'd apologise to Draca. Draca accepted the apology but was still furious. That's one Sim who knows how to hold a grudge!

Cuddles does not like the gargoyle in Draca's room.

Cuddles as an adult looks nothing like his puppy form, somehow. I love him.

Watching TV together in the evening became a bit of a ritual for these two.

Draca bathing Cuddles. No reason for this picture.

They did still have their disagreements, due to their completely different interests.

Sunny wanted to give someone a gift. Since Draca is the Sim she interacts with most, she gave her a jar of fireflies.

(I don't know why Sunny's hairstyle reset here.)

Interestingly, Draca's relationship towards Sunny was higher than the other way around! Draca had like 50+ points, whereas Sunny's relationship with Draca was much lower. This could explain why Sunny did not initially accept Draca's attempt at reciprocating the gift. :(
B. Scirocco
Steam ID: Le Tresor Interdit
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Post by B. Scirocco »

I hadn't heard of this challenge before. It looks trickier than getting the Pleasant family to work out their differences, although they're on the way to making peace. (I wouldn't have thought of adding an extra oil and water aspect by using a plantsim and a vampire; that's creative.)
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

B. Scirocco wrote: February 12th, 2024, 8:47 pm I hadn't heard of this challenge before. It looks trickier than getting the Pleasant family to work out their differences, although they're on the way to making peace. (I wouldn't have thought of adding an extra oil and water aspect by using a plantsim and a vampire; that's creative.)
Thank you! I've previously enjoyed the challenge of trying to make the Pleasant twins get along so I figured this would be fun :) Thank you for the compliment, I love playing Supernatural sims so it made sense. I know there's a challenge where people try to pull off a Plantsim-Vampire couple, but I do use mods in my game that make vampires more like TS4 (their motives drain normally indoors during the day, they're only affected by sunlight) and them starting out as friends or a couple wouldn't make it too hard. Given that these two start out getting along badly, it makes it more challenging to make their little bonding time work out... especially with all the autonomous negative interactions setting things back at times :D
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Chapter 3 (final chapter)
Spoiler:

Are you wondering about Draca's outfit here? She's in the criminal career and this is one of the outfits hahaha. I just can't picture her wearing this of her own accord!

Anyway, Draca's relationship to Sunny was high enough that they were eventually able to flirt. This kind of moved in fits and starts due to Sunny's relationship to Draca being lower.

Surprisingly, Draca rolled the want to go on a date with Sunny earlier than I expected!

Their date consisted of hanging out at home and it went very well. They shared their respective first kisses at the end!

The way they sometimes bump noses with one of the kiss types is so cute to me haha. I love this game's attention to detail!

It didn't take long for both of them to want to Woohoo so... that's what happened. I'm not sure Sunny's closet is the most romantic place for a first time but whatever makes them happy.

After a frankly disturbing amount of Woohoo wants, their mutual relationship was at 100/100 on both short and long term. Challenge accomplished! :heartbeat:
Thank you for reading!

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”