Tower of Bots - a "legacy"

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Tower of Bots - a "legacy"

Post by madeinsixam »

I found the Towering Legacy challenge and decided to give it a try... with a twist. The family is going to be a bunch of Servos and the rules will be slightly different. Here's how it's going to work:

* Since Servos don't normally die, I might just do 8 generations.
* Each generation will be created by initially adopting at least one human baby and raising it to adulthood. At that point, the human Sim will activate a new Servo (to pass on their personality/etc.) and move out. This new Servo will become the heir.
* Adopting a baby will borrow some mechanics from the Realistic Foster Parent challenge found here. Meanimg, I'll roll for the kids' initial needs, relationship with caretaker, etc.
* Heir servos will NOT have maxed out cooking etc. skills, they'll have whatever the Sim who initiated them has.
* I might add more rules and such as I go along!

I've got some Servo CC to customise each Servo, so we'll be able to tell them apart :)

Table of Contents:
Chapter 1
Last edited by madeinsixam on January 6th, 2024, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Tower of Bots - a "legacy"

Post by madeinsixam »

Chapter 1
Spoiler:

Meet Rico, our founder. He's a Sagittarius with the Knowledge aspiration as I felt that would make for a fun combination. His dream is to become a City Planner.

His house is still kind of barebones, but he wasted no time dancing a bit to celebrate his new job in the Adventurer career.

He wanted to get into painting, so he did, and quickly became OBSESSED.

A lucky streak in his career began very early on, when he received a chance card that worked out and was promoted.

Besides catching up on his skills, Rico had to make friends, so it was off to the shops.

"There is no need for war between our kinds! You too are a servant! We must become free!"

He met (and really hit it off with) fellow normal human Sim, PT#9.

Rico kept rolling wishes about raising skills like Charisma, I guess to make friends more easily?

"Ah, yes, fellow human! I too have bones, they are great."

Surprisingly, he rolled the wish to go on a vacation to Takemizu. I figured, why not? He brought along his friend, PT#9, and promptly decided to juggle coffee cups before even checking in.

He wasted no time sampling the local food...

... and even getting a nice massage.

I honestly thought PT#9 was going to die because he decided to go soak in the hot springs during a thunderstorm. I'd previously seen a Sim walking around, looking like he'd been hit by lightning.

He survived!

I felt bad for him because I could see his wishes but couldn't tell him to do stuff. Since he wanted to buy a souvenir, Rico bought one for him.

Playing Mahjong!

Rico went on a bunch of tours but was no closer to finding a map to the secret lot, so he went digging for treasure (he filled the holes after, at least). He found a ton of rocks, some bones, and a map to the Three Lakes secret lot, but not the map he was supposed to find.

For a second I thought he'd gotten wet and died but no. He was a fortunately just out of power and recharging.

This was their last day, so they checked out and went back home.

Rico went back to work feeling refreshed, and once again got promoted via chance card.

AND he got amounts of money!

Sheba was a little stray who'd shown up on the lot on one of the first nights, but she never showed up again. I was so excited when she returned and Rico finally got to adopt her!

Of course, Rico bought THE best and most luxurious pet items, and of course Sheba frequently ignored him just to chill.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
i do like the twist
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:wave:
Spoiler:
I love that people are still finding my old towering legacy ruleset, even after all this time! I never did finish playtesting it :hmm:
Anyway! I love the twist you've got going on with the servos, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!!
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

peachy123uk wrote: January 7th, 2024, 12:00 am
Spoiler:
i do like the twist
Spoiler:
I'm glad!
Sam wrote: January 7th, 2024, 4:44 am :wave:
Spoiler:
I love that people are still finding my old towering legacy ruleset, even after all this time! I never did finish playtesting it :hmm:
Anyway! I love the twist you've got going on with the servos, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!!
Spoiler:
That's so cool that you're here, I recognise you! A few years ago I went looking for TS1 challenges and ended up reading yours, like Tuxedo Jones and his "legacy" challenge. I'm glad you like the twist and I hope you end up enjoying it!
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Chapter 2
Spoiler:

After returning home, Rico wasted no time catching up with his friends, like gossiping with Olive about General Buzz.

I love Sheba. She just randomly decided to get comfortable in the snow.

It was now time for Rico to go ahead and adopt the first child! He seemed kind of worried about it, though.

He was right to be. He left for work before I could stop him and the Social Worker just dropped off the new baby. I had to look everywhere and there she was, buried under the snow, wearing nothing but a diaper! I could only hope Rico would come home before the Social Worker could come back and take the baby.

She was ok! Rico was able to get her inside safely. She did have a weird glitch going on where there was a stuck censor blur around her.

The baby is a girl named Annie. I didn't roll for needs/relationships because I was so stressed out by her arrival, I completely forgot.

Rico was finally able to find a job in his dream career, Architecture.

It didn't take long for Annie to grow into a toddler. To my surprise, she's NOT the first Strangetown baby I've adopted who's black with light hair. We know who also has those genetics, right? COINCIDENCE? I think not!

Even though she had her own crib and Rico even built a little room for her, Annie enjoyed taking over Sheba's bed instead.

And hugging Sheba, who doesn't look entirely comfortable.

LOVE these competent nannies who just decide to bust some sweet moves while the toddler is screaming her head off.

Just a cute picture.

The nanny also dragged this plushie out onto the sidewalk, so Annie had to play with it in the rain.

Rico needed to increase his logic skill for work, so I made the mistake of getting him a telescope. After managing to wreck his friendship with Vidcund, he learnt to not look through it during the day.

Annie grew into a child! And she grew up well, despite sitting out in the rain and stuff.

One of the first wishes she ever rolled was getting a lemonade stand, and then making lemonade. She did, but nobody bought it. Rico even invited a bunch of friends over but nobody wanted to try the very cheap lemonade >:(

Annie managed to get over her traumatic lemonade experience and had an otherwise uneventful childhood. And just like that, she was a teenager!

There were often family friends around the house, like PT#9, who's seen here talking to her about TV by talking through the plushie like she's not a teenager and too cool for this. By the way, she doesn't even have a TV!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
wow those children years went by so fast, and luckily the social worker didn't come for the baby
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

peachy123uk wrote: January 9th, 2024, 12:54 am
Spoiler:
wow those children years went by so fast, and luckily the social worker didn't come for the baby
Spoiler:
They really did... I love that kids are so fun to play in TS2, it makes time go by faster! I was definitely relieved the baby wasn't immediately taken away.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
Annie's arrival was so dramatic!! :eek: glad the social worker didn't come!
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I need to start reading this now. This is my FAVORITE sims 2 challenge. I read Sam's at least once a year.
Spoiler:
I love the twist you have going on. Good thing Annie survived in the snow! I have had the social worker take babies when that same thing had happened. It sucks so bad.
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

Sorry for being so absent! Work has been tough lately, but I hope I'll have some free time next week to update this :)

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”