Whimsy Expanded - Updated 4/13/24

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Whimsy Expanded

Post by ciyrose »

This seems like a fun challenge with the 'expanded' part, really looking forward to what you are able to tell with this.
Spoiler:
Kara is beautiful! This will be fun to watch how she builds up. I might have to mark this challenge for myself later. I need to use the maker spaces more and find some to put in other neighborhoods. They are kind of fun, and very useful for "homeless' sims. That fabricator machine can be very temperamental. lol YAY for Kara and Harper getting married, they are really cute together! What a fun way to furnish the house so far. I think it's really a cute idea to "make" your house as you go like this.
I really look forward to seeing how it goes next time!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Whimsy Expanded

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: September 18th, 2023, 12:51 pm This seems like a fun challenge with the 'expanded' part, really looking forward to what you are able to tell with this.
Spoiler:
Kara is beautiful! This will be fun to watch how she builds up. I might have to mark this challenge for myself later. I need to use the maker spaces more and find some to put in other neighborhoods. They are kind of fun, and very useful for "homeless' sims. That fabricator machine can be very temperamental. lol YAY for Kara and Harper getting married, they are really cute together! What a fun way to furnish the house so far. I think it's really a cute idea to "make" your house as you go like this.
I really look forward to seeing how it goes next time!
Thanks for the comments and feedback. One tip if downloading community spaces is your sim needs to live in the neighborhood or you can't vote for what type of space it will be. I learned that the hard way. I am looking forward to having Kara fabric all of the furniture for the house. I don't play with eco lifestyle very often so it's been fun.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Whimsy Expanded - Updated 11/5/23

Post by ciyrose »

Yay, a new week!
Spoiler:
Week 2: Wow, those were some good dives! The collection of insect stuff happens after a while. It's sort of like honey from bees, it's not constant, but usually, if you hover over the farm it will tell you if it's ready to collect or not. Wow, nice a fridge!!! Harper did good too! Looks like you go the insects figured out. :) The house is coming together, and I didn't know you could get rainbow hearts, how fun! I really am enjoying watching you go through this challenge.
A great update, very fun!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Whimsy Expanded - Updated 11/5/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: November 10th, 2023, 4:40 pm Yay, a new week!
Spoiler:
Week 2: Wow, those were some good dives! The collection of insect stuff happens after a while. It's sort of like honey from bees, it's not constant, but usually, if you hover over the farm it will tell you if it's ready to collect or not. Wow, nice a fridge!!! Harper did good too! Looks like you go the insects figured out. :) The house is coming together, and I didn't know you could get rainbow hearts, how fun! I really am enjoying watching you go through this challenge.
A great update, very fun!
Thanks for reading and providing comments.
Spoiler:
I am glad you enjoyed the update. I was worried it was a little boring because not a lot happened besides fabrication and making candles. When I was putting the hearts on the wall I realized there were different swatches that made it look like it had been painted.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Whimsy Expanded - Updated 12/18/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

Generation One - Weeks 3 & 4: Winter is now available!

I want to give a shoot out to @ciyrose for one of the ideas I incorporated into this update. I was really struggling with this family as it felt like they were not moving forward. But thanks to her idea I feel like progress was finally made.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Whimsy Expanded - Updated 12/18/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

Sorry there is no new update of this legacy today. I went in to fix a typo on the page and somehow ended up making a new post by mistake. I am actually playing with this family right now so a new chapter should be available soon. I am a bit behind though in posting updates as I need to post Joy of Life, Career/Master Simmer, and DIFT first. The good news is I am off work this week for my birthday and Easter holiday so I should have some time to work on posting updates.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Whimsy Expanded - Updated 4/13/24

Post by ciyrose »

Well I think I'm only about 4 families behind now, you'll probably have even more new posts by the time I catch up. :D Always good to have things to read.
Spoiler:
Winter 3 & 4 - Wow a fridge and stuffed bigfoot, it's amazing what you can find in the dumpsters. I LOVE the A-frame house!!! It looks great. Good luck with finding a stove eventually! Love the name, and way to go finding a plant with the name so it even fits! I don't blame you for just buying the stuff, most everything you and found/made which is pretty impressive. Awww, I haven't ever seen that sculpture either, interesting. I love when you are "forced" to do something a little different. These kids could be a handful for sure, but they are cute. You do seem to get a lot of self-soothers. Lucky. Love the family photo, and hey, not all families will be at the same pace, you have to do what feels right for the family. I think these guys are in a perfect place.

Spring 1: Oh I'm glad your milestones were still there. Hopefully that got fixed for sure. Whoops, at least you remembered with plenty of time to get those goals done. This little family is so cute! I am loving all the little moments with the kids. Also, same about infants and pets sleeping, SO CUTE. It's always so sad to be out of wellness treats. Oh my, Poppy is so adorable. Nortonn did grow up into a decent look. Great job on the social butterfly. It does get easier as families expand and there are more people to meet up with that are known.

Spring 2: Way to go bandit, you get rid of that NAP inspector. They are pretty annoying. I think the last upgrade to the treehouse is the bell, but I could be wrong. Well, I agree Norton seems responsible, and sometimes that means that the "cool" things don't always work out for you. :D Oh my, I love the look you gave Poppy, super cute. HAHA, so much drama for Arun, and also with Jayden. Your game is really loving the drama! Oh man, I am actually HOPING for an alien pregnancy in one of my saves. May your luck rub off on me. Looking forward to seeing the new baby, even if they won't be eligibal for heirship.
That was a very fun set of updates!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Whimsy Expanded - Updated 4/13/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

Once again thanks for reading and providing comments. I think you actually only have two families left in my Achievement Challenge - 100 Glorious Gardens and the Postcard Legacy. With this rotation done I decided to play a few of my other saves as I feel like I haven't done anything with my MySims Legacy, Not So Berry with a Twist, Super Sim, etc for months. So you should be all caught up by the time I post these families again. :)
Spoiler:
I couldn't believe that I had forgotten about those challenge requirements to max Wellness and Handiness. I think the fact that this family is living in a Micro-home really saved me as skills go up much faster. I laughed so hard when Bandit attacked that NAP. They are always so annoying. I can't get over the drama MCCC and/or My Neighborhood Stories seems to be creating with both Arun and Jayden. But I might have to change some settings with MCCC because it keeps using the same 5 or 6 male sims to impregnate female townies. MCCC spawns new pregnancies every Saturday but I only unpause pregnancies for a two week period each full rotation. So the last time I unpaused pregnancy I had 12 notifications that Johnny Zest had fathered a child with someone. I ended up going in to manage worlds and deleting some of them because I thought it was ridiculous - LOL.

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”