House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Advice regarding blogging/photo sharing

Post by Designergirl81 »

I have several different legacies going and am just starting the Achievement challenge and I do use separate WordPress sites for each one but I am still running into issues with space. Worpress recently changed new free accounts from having 3 GB of storage down to 1 GB. I am only 3 generations into my Build a Circus challenge and already running out of space and that is only a 5 Gen legacy. There is no way I can do something like a 100 generation legacy without running out of space. I have a few wordpress sites that I upgraded to paid sites but I can't have more then one or two of those because it gets expensive. I have tried editing the images to make them smaller but that has only helped somewhat. I see you can upload images into WordPress via a URL and wondered if anyone had used something like Photobucket or Flickr and then linked to the images - but I think you have to pay for storage there too. Or is there is something other than WordPress that people have used with more storage space? Do you create new sites once you run out space?? Any suggestions are appreciated.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Advice regarding blogging/photo sharing

Post by peachy123uk »

i use Blogger and their haven't said anything about storage yet.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

Thanks for the recommendation. I will give it a try.
CeresIn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Argentina

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by CeresIn »

I use both blogger and wordpress, like peachy said blogger doesn't have a limit of storage so I upload the screenshots directly there, it's more limited in terms of the options than wordpress, but I find it much user friendly. In worpress I don't upload the screenshots, I use Imgur to storage them and then link them to the blog.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I have used both wordpress and blogger as well as Livejournal in the past and I do understand the struggle. The one thing you may or may not have thought about, when you were talking about editing your photos is are you still upload png (like that come from the game) or have you actually converted them to jpegs? I only ask because using jpegs I have 11 challenges on one wordpress blog, not all of them are long term, but at least 3 or them are past generation 3 and I'm only using about 1.25 GB for all my pictures (which are a lot.) All of my achievement challenges are currently on their own pages and after 1 generation I'm at around 50 Mbps, so still going to get there after 100 gens for sure, so it might be worth using blogger, but that might help you extend your time at least.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: August 3rd, 2023, 4:40 pm I have used both wordpress and blogger as well as Livejournal in the past and I do understand the struggle. The one thing you may or may not have thought about, when you were talking about editing your photos is are you still upload png (like that come from the game) or have you actually converted them to jpegs? I only ask because using jpegs I have 11 challenges on one wordpress blog, not all of them are long term, but at least 3 or them are past generation 3 and I'm only using about 1.25 GB for all my pictures (which are a lot.) All of my achievement challenges are currently on their own pages and after 1 generation I'm at around 50 Mbps, so still going to get there after 100 gens for sure, so it might be worth using blogger, but that might help you extend your time at least.
I have still been using PNG files so might try saving them as JPGs at least for the challenges I already have on Wordpress like the My Sims Challenge and Not So Berry. I think for the Achievement Challenge I am going to try out Blogger and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone for the great advice.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

I ran out of storage space a long time ago on my Wilde ISBI site. I just made a new wordpress site specifically for photos and just copy the url from that wordpress site to the actual blog site.

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by madeinsixam »

I use imgbb.com... I think they've got unlimited storage. There's a limit on file size but it's very generous and unlikely to be an issue with Sims pictures. I believe Blogger has unlimited storage so it might be convenient if you're not set on using any specific blogging platform. :)

I've been using Dreamwidth for blogging but the Sims community on there seems pretty dead so I'm not sure if I should switch to a different one.

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”