House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

Infant update and Decades challenges

Post by calientequeen »

hi hi!

So as I'm sure most people are aware, a huge update arrived yesterday for the sims 4 adding a whole new lifestage: infants.

Now the issue I am running into is this:
I've currently been playing a decades challenge, where you keep tabs on the sim days to correlate to however many 'years' are going by. When the challenge was made and all the aging rules were included, this was before we got a whole new lifestage.
I haven't actually played with infants myself yet but from youtube videos i've watched, it looks like infants have 5 days in this lifestage before moving up to a toddler.

At the moment in my game I am playing 1 year = 2 sim days; thus a decade (10 years) = 20 sim days.
Now with this logic ages for everyone else lines up fairly 'normally' and a new generation of sims hitting young adulthood starts every 20ish years. With what I've worked out so far, I've just played through the 1920s, and my current heir's children (who were born right at the start, in 1920) will start young adulthood at the beginning of the 1940s. If we add in an extra lifestage of effectively another 2.5 years, I feel like this could have a domino effect and mess up timings etc.

I may well just be making this more complicated for myself than needs be, but I can't figure out if maybe I need to move to 1 year = 3 sim days, or go into full on manual mode of aging everyone up once they've lived X amount of days in each lifestage.

Does this make any sense?

Someone who is also doing this challenge please help my brain :pan:
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Infant update and Decades challenges

Post by Seera »

The Ultimate Decades challenge which does 1 year = 4 Sims days has it set to 1 day for baby and 5 days for infant before aging up to toddler. Originally they had 6 days for baby before going to toddler.

I would take from baby and toddler days and leave the total days to child the same.
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: Infant update and Decades challenges

Post by calientequeen »

Seera wrote: March 15th, 2023, 4:27 pm The Ultimate Decades challenge which does 1 year = 4 Sims days has it set to 1 day for baby and 5 days for infant before aging up to toddler. Originally they had 6 days for baby before going to toddler.

I would take from baby and toddler days and leave the total days to child the same.
That makes a lot of sense, thank you!

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”