Baby Bach (BabyBoom) July 31

All Boolprop Challenge stories go here. All games are can enter!
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Baby Bach (BabyBoom) July 31

Post by Loyalty »

Since ALL of my saves were deleted, I'd love to start a couple of the 10+ challenges I once had. This is one I'd like to begin again. It is the Baby Boom Challenge. My couple needs to give birth to 12 Boys and 12 Girls and raise them to Young Adult in order to win. You can find the rules here: Baby Boom Challenge Rules

In my last attempt, before the save was deleted, I reached 3 babies. Two boys and one girl. I hope to do better than that this time. The heat of this summer is sapping my will to do anything though. I hope it does not sap my will to relax in a nice game of Sims 4 Baby Boom.

Name Theme for all Countable Children:
H T T P S B O O L P R O P N E T I N D E X P H P

10/24

1. Paul
  2. Samuel
  3. Orion
  4. Locke

1. Heather
  2. Tessa
  3. Tina
  4. Bonnie
  5. Opal
  6. Penny

Last edited by Loyalty on August 4th, 2022, 7:55 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Baby Bach (BabyBoom) July 21

Post by Loyalty »

Notes and Points and Thoughts and Ramblings and you get the idea ♥

Thought #1: They do have the Knight of Round Table but I'm considering moving them from Tartosa to a larger lot.
Thought #2: I grabbed them fresh from the saved households and will be placing them down in a proper legacy-sized lot for a better start.

NOTE #1: The difference between starting out with a small lot versus a big one, when it comes to building their first home, is very noticeable. Here are the two homes from Thought #1 & #2. I'm glad I moved them. It makes it more fun. Though I do like the layout of the first. So I will try to expand to it as we get more simoleons.
Spoiler:
NOTE #2: Practice Debate in the mirror, choose 1-3 skills to improve, send Sim to University to get a career degree.
NOTE #3: Gilbert has completed university with an A+ GPA (I have a mod that shortens the length of the experience to a more realistic/reasonable time frame). He will be a freelance programmer, if I can remember how to get that for him.
Last edited by Loyalty on July 22nd, 2022, 7:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Loyalty »

Introducing my founding couple...

Here we have a lovely couple that have no idea what's ahead of them. They'd probably have mortified looks upon their faces if they did. But thankfully, we have their stoic smiles to gaze upon and snicker behind our hands as we wait for them to learn the truth. The truth that their lives will NEVER be the same again. Twenty-four babies, at least, is in their futures.

Gilbert & Ariella Bach

Gilbert Bach is an Erratic, Outgoing Sim that Loves the Outdoors. I'm not surprised. One would have to be erratic to sign up for something like this.
Ariella Bach is a Perfectionist, Paranoid and Creative Sim. I don't blame her for being paranoid considering the challenge that lays before her.
Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Loyalty »

♥ PICS! ♥

Heather (Wild) Genius, Self-Assured, Good
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Tessa (Wild) Dog Lover, Geek, Family Oriented
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Tina (Angelic) Perfectionist, Hot-Headed, Self-Assured
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Paul (Independent) Erratic, Materialistic, Self-Assured
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Samuel (Silly) Creative, Bookworm, Recycle Disciple
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Bonnie (Angelic) Geek, Proper
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Opal (Independent) Loves Outdoors, Erratic,
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Orion (Silly) Dog Lover,
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Locke (Angelic) Genius
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Penny (Inquisitive)
Spoiler:
pic coming soon
??? (?)
Spoiler:
not born yet
Last edited by Loyalty on July 26th, 2022, 6:10 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Baby Bach (BabyBoom) July 22

Post by Loyalty »

I have to admit to being rather worried for a while. Three girls in a row before the first boy was born. I hope that is not a trend. I'll end up with 30 girls and 10 boys, desperately begging for more boys. It makes me want to laugh as I imagine the possibilities of how this challenge could go. I am rather proud as I've come farther with this challenge, with four babies, than I did with the previous one. I'm enjoying it very much too. I've been increasing the size of their home a little at a time and now have the final outline walled in. More simoleons will have to be earned before carpeting, walls and furniture can be added into the child wing of the house. There will be six bedrooms and two bathrooms in the middle.

Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Loyalty »

I have entered this into SimNaNo 2022. Anything beyond this point will be added to my update goal!
Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Loyalty »

What was once a half-finished home has turned into a giant one-level mini-mansion. Yikes! I have to rethink this. Its a mess of a floorplan. I'm glad my Sims have enough simoleons to actually build something nice so I am contemplating bulldozing the lot and beginning fresh. Here is the hot mess we currently have.

While the home is being contemplated, I will tell you what has happened to the father, Gilbert. He finally graduated from Uni with and A+ GPA. Way to go Gilbert!

I placed him as a freelance programmer but I'm not happy with this choice. Yes he has level 9 in the programming skill and will use it but not as a freelancer anymore. With so many in the household to keep track of, its better for me not to have to control his every task. Speaking to client, making a web page x 4 etc. So we will be switching to another career that will use his university degree and will be more autonomous.

I hope he can handle being away from the sea during a full day of work because something other than graduating happened to him too. He's a good example of 'Don't eat everything you think looks good.' You'd think he was a toddler. Now look at him. He's a fish!

Ariella, the mom, is the one that has been funding the home building project mostly. I was shocked when one of her masterpieces was sold for a great deal on plopsy. It was delightful to have her ship off that one in the mail.

As for the kids, there are six of them now. Four are girls and two are boys. I hope they can even out their numbers soon or there will be 50 girls by the time we reach the 12 boys required for the challenge.

This concludes my first update for the 2022 SimNaNo Event. I hope you liked it!

Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Baby Bach (BabyBoom) July 23

Post by Loyalty »

A new day dawns for the Bach family. With their old home gone, a new one takes its place. Each child gets a mini-suite with bedroom and bathroom all to themselves. Next we have a large open floorplan for the living area, toddler play, creative, learning zones. A big kitchen with plenty of seating in the dining area are also part of what makes this home perfect for this growing family.

Speaking of growing families, I'm not so thrilled with how the genders of babies have been going. Five girls and only two boys. The boys better catch up soon or I might hyperventilate before too long. The youngest girl, Opal, has just aged up to toddler. She's a cute red-head like her mother. Getting her to level 3, at least, on all her skills will be challenging with a full house.

The second oldest girl, Tessa, got an A in school. She aged up to YA and moved out. Even though I have room for more than 8 in my Sims household, I like to keep it to 8 if possible. So this worked out nicely. The firstborn, Heather will probably come home with an A today. She'll move out after aging up too. The other kids are getting As pretty soon too so they get to enjoy aging up to teen.

Here is a picture of the family before Tessa moved out and before Opal was born.

You can see all the pics of the kids as they grow from toddler to teen up above in one of the beginning posts of this story. I might not be able to keep it up but I'll try.

A random note, if you were curious what Gilbert (dad) looks like as a fish, and with a beard now, here he is in all of his fishy glory.

This concludes the rambling, disorganized second update for SimNaNo 2022. Hope you liked it!
Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Baby Bach (BabyBoom) July 25

Post by Loyalty »

Heather, Tessa, Tina and Paul have aged up to YA and left the home. This leaves us with Samuel, Bonnie, Opal and Orion. There is another baby on the way too. I peeked to see if it was a male and it is! I already have an L name picked out for him too. I love that the number of girls versus boys are becoming more even now. This is what the family looks like now.
I will leave you with a few more pictures to show the family's day to day peek into their lives. This update will be less words but more pictures. I hope you like this third update for my SimNaNo 2022 goals!

Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Baby Bach (BabyBoom) July 26

Post by Loyalty »

Well I tried to write an update but it was eaten and disappeared. Here it is again in summary. This is Locke the youngest son. He is a Genius and I love his black hair and blue eyes. Out of all the kids so far, his looks are my favorite.
ImageImage
This is update #4 for SimNaNo. I need to make one more before midnight to make my goal. Sorry for the shortness of it. Its the best I could do.
Last edited by Loyalty on July 31st, 2022, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Baby Bach (BabyBoom) July 26

Post by Loyalty »

Bonnie Loves her guitar. It gives her peace of mind when she is stressed from school. It keeps her out of trouble too. Mostly.

Here is the family now. Little baby is Penny. The two teens are Bonnie and Opal. The two boys are Orion and Locke. The older kids have moved out already. The numbers of girls and boys are starting to even out now. 4 boys and 6 girls. I hope for another boy with this next pregnancy. It will be named with an R as the first letter according to my theme. Ranger if it is a boy and Rose if it is a girl.

Update Five is complete. My goal for SimNaNo is done! Barely. I really couldn't do much better since its only a couple hours before the end of the month and I haven't been able to play in a few days. Thanks for reading my rambling mess of a story.

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Stories”