The Paraverse - Rotation 16.1 [Mar 20/24]

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 3.3 [18/9/22]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 3.3 (Winchester) has been posted, and can be read here. Rotation 4 will feature an extra update for spring break, before resuming the usual rotation of households, and then in Rotation 5 there will be 3 new households added. :)

Planning to get Rotation 4 posting this week!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I've got a cold and my brain is less than fully functional, so hopefully this comment makes sense :lol:
Spoiler:
Love that you're giving the gang a spring break, I can't wait to see it! And looking forward to seeing the new households - the names looked a little familiar ;)

Collins:
Love that shot of Turtle on the scratched up couch, acting all innocent :lol: "Me? Scratch up a couch? Never!" Andy's movie & take-out night with Miko was so cute! I adore how you've decorated her apartment. Love that her Dad dropped by! Andy & Miko's snow day leading into the romance festival was really sweet :heart: the power going out but setting the mood made me laugh though, as did Andy kicking off at Penny :lol: Loved Jeff and Alec's facial expressions at karaoke!

Spencer:
Glad Alec and Andy are getting along better now! :D Jeff and Alec's date was so cute - having them take less credits per term really does give them so much more free time! Kass's judgement of Alec! Poor boy :heart: Jeff and his bros having a go at winter sports was fun to see! Jeff's grades are still pretty decent given how busy he's been!

Winchester:
Even the campus statue is wrapped up for winter :lol: Your makeover of the Realm of Magic lot is so good! I haven't actually played on a haunted lot yet, so it was really neat to see what Temperance got up to! Poor Alec having to deal with it, though. He's having quite the week. Glad he and Jeff managed to squeeze in some time together. Chilli at 3am seems like a bad choice but who am I to judge :lol:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Sam wrote: September 19th, 2022, 2:17 am I've got a cold and my brain is less than fully functional, so hopefully this comment makes sense :lol:
Spoiler:
Love that you're giving the gang a spring break, I can't wait to see it! And looking forward to seeing the new households - the names looked a little familiar ;)

Collins:
Love that shot of Turtle on the scratched up couch, acting all innocent :lol: "Me? Scratch up a couch? Never!" Andy's movie & take-out night with Miko was so cute! I adore how you've decorated her apartment. Love that her Dad dropped by! Andy & Miko's snow day leading into the romance festival was really sweet :heart: the power going out but setting the mood made me laugh though, as did Andy kicking off at Penny :lol: Loved Jeff and Alec's facial expressions at karaoke!

Spencer:
Glad Alec and Andy are getting along better now! :D Jeff and Alec's date was so cute - having them take less credits per term really does give them so much more free time! Kass's judgement of Alec! Poor boy :heart: Jeff and his bros having a go at winter sports was fun to see! Jeff's grades are still pretty decent given how busy he's been!

Winchester:
Even the campus statue is wrapped up for winter :lol: Your makeover of the Realm of Magic lot is so good! I haven't actually played on a haunted lot yet, so it was really neat to see what Temperance got up to! Poor Alec having to deal with it, though. He's having quite the week. Glad he and Jeff managed to squeeze in some time together. Chilli at 3am seems like a bad choice but who am I to judge :lol:
Spoiler:
It was super fun to play, and I was so excited to finally get to the point where I could post it! Hope you enjoy it. :) (And excited to get to posting those new households soon, too! I was hoping at least one or two of them would look familiar. ;))

He would never! Must have been one of those pesky new werewolves running around town. Andy's spaces are always fun to decorate, and that maximilism kit really came in handy for some of those pieces! I kinda love how both of the couples had a little something go wrong when they were trying to get romantic this rotation, haha. And I was very entertained by Penny getting told off for being too loud (dressed as a maid!) by half-dressed her alien neighbour, who was clearly making just as much noise in her own apartment! :lol:

Alec always takes a minute to warm up to Andy, it's classic Alec behaviour at this point haha. I am so glad I limited the credits this time around, it may have taken a little longer to get to graduation, but having the time for outings really paid off! It also came in clutch in terms of the grades, like you said even with busy schedules and ghosts they were all able to do pretty well in school. I can only imagine Alec tried to be as 'normal' as possible to avoid suspicion, and just bored Kass instead lol.

If the campus statues haven't been yarnbombed by winter I like to do it myself, because I think it's cute. :lol: Thank you! Still a work in progress, it's massive project and the unseen third floor is pretty barren haha. The haunted lots are such fun gameplay! Adds a nice bit of a challenge. And yes, I agree, but that decision was entirely out of my hands. ;)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 4.0 [3/10/22]

Post by Heather »

Spring Break has been posted, and can be read here!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 4.1 [17/10/22]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 4.1 (Collins) has been posted, and can be read here!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 4.2 [27/10/22]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 4.2 (Spencer) has been posted, and can be read here. :)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 4.3 [12/11/22]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 4.3 (Winchester) has been posted, and can now be read here. The first round of Rotation 5 will also be posting this week!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 5.1 & 5.2 [26/11/22]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 5.1 (Collins) and 5.2 (Winchester) are both posted. Three more households will be joining this rotation, with the next one being posted soon!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 5.3 [08/12/22]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 5.3 (DiCarlo) has now been posted, and can be read here. :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I had a spare morning so I'm playing catch up! Sorry in advance for the long comment :lol:

Spoiler:
spring break: I love the makeovers you gave the gang for their vacation! The whole chapter was so cute, and full of so many pretty screenshots! Miko and Andy :heart:

Rotation 4
As if Andy won the lottery, I've never had that happen to my playable sims! The gang rallying around after Vlad's visit was really sweet. Alec and Jeff's Love Day was very cute too. Their engagement was lovely, although it did remind me that we used to have dinner table proposals back in TS2 - how long til they give us that back :lol: Jeff telling Aunt Kass was really sweet! Alec getting cursed from his first potion, bless him!

Rotation 5
It's nice to see some more of the old gang back!

Collins: I love Andy's new apartment! It's so colourful! Akira trying to charm Andy into giving him cookies :lol: that's very Akira if you ask me! The gang on the slip 'n' slide! :lol: perfection! Gosh, she's just a vampire magnet isn't she? :heart:

Winchester: Poor Jeff having to get used to the spooky house! Loved Alec taking him home to meet James :heart: them all having extended family is so good! The camping trip was sweet, even with Jeff's...encounter :shifty: :lol: He makes a great werewolf! Alec being open about being supernatural but Jeff keeping it to himself for now :eek: looking forward to seeing what happens there!

DiCarlo: It's nice to see Carlotta again! Love that she immediately wanted to make acting a dislike :lol: Your Caleb makeover! He looks so good! Carlotta and Alec having history is an interesting addition, love that. Her new friendship with James is also interesting :lol: It was so fun to see her again, looking forward to seeing what she gets up to next!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Well so I haven't really read for a bit, but I've seen so many pretty upcoming reno's that I needed to come back.
Spoiler:
Alec's update was a lot of fun. I really should grab stuff from the flea market more.

I really like the updated versions of these guys. Not that they weren't good before, but I really like their looks now.

Season 2:
So just a quick note, Andy's 2.1 update starts with saying she "has to hang out with her friends" vs what I'm assuming was supposed to be "have time to hang out with her friends." Just in case. :) Not a big deal, I just know I hate when I realize I typed something out wrong and didn't catch it. Andy did great. One more question though, did I miss a piece of the story, I went from flipping pancakes to 'after they left...'?

I like all of Jeff's 'bros' that he lives with. Wow, poor Jeff really took that first game hard. At least the round ended well, with a win and a kiss.

Poor Alec, from a cursed apartment to a haunted one. :) At least he's doing well in school.

Season 3:
I love seeing some of the family once in a while. I love your main sims, but it feels so nice for them to have family. Yay for Miko and Andy! I love the self-care nights with Turtle. What fun.

Wow, I'm not sure I've ever seen that pop up about how someone feels about someone else. Poor Alec. It's nice that Jeff has so much fun, and hey, grades aren't everything they are still high.

Man, Alec really had quite the situation with his house. I'm loving it. Oh man, that really hurt his grades, poor kid. Also poor Jeff, not being warned. lol

The spring break just looked like so much fun. It was a great set of pictures, and how sweet of a spring break would that have been in RL? Love it

Season 4:
Poor turtle got sick...I always feel so bad for the pets. Congrats to Any on winning the lotto. One of these days one of my sims might win. Andy is quite the student.

Jeff's update was so sweet, and yay for the engagement. Which of course I knew was coming, but still.

Oh geez, poor Alec now has vampires to deal with to. Good for him fighting off the vampire. At least his grades are good. It's too bad he's so cursed.
Ok, that's all the time I've got to read for now, but it's been super fun to catch up!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Ok, now I can finish. I'm hoping reading a bit tonight will give me inspiration for my own.
Spoiler:
Season 5:
I LOVE Andy's new apartment! It's so cute! I do love that you can take the telescope with you. Why does it NOT surprise me in the slightest that Jeff did the "impressive" move? lol Your days out with friends always seem like so much fun. Poor Turtle, another cone of shame. Andy is doing GREAT in school, even with vamps.

Guess we are down to 2 households for now. :) Why does it not surprise me that Jeff gets along great with Alec's brother....the hunter. :) Welp, guess Jeff is a werewolf now. Awww, sweet Alec, I'm sure Jeff will be just fine in telling him. lol

I like all the new sims, they seem like they will be a lot of fun!

Hmmm, I wonder whose star Carlotta vandalized. :) Poor Miko, Carlotta really didn't like her. Oh no! Carlotta is Alec's ex-fiance? I actually didn't see that coming. What fun! Oh no and now she's on to his brother. lol She's going to be a fun sim.

Poor Scott, he's not having a great week so far. What luck that you get that pop up for Scott. :) Oh what fun, I like the options you can get after you are an initiate. Enjoying his update so far!
Yay, all caught up! What fun!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 5.4 [08/01/23]

Post by Heather »

Totally forgot to update this thread, but 5.4 (Talbot) has been posted, and I am posting 5.5 (Galloway) at the moment. :)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 5.4 [08/01/23]

Post by Heather »

Sam:
Spoiler:
No worries Sam, I love reading long comments! :heart:

Their spring break was such a fun bonus rotation to play! I am glad you enjoyed their vacation outfits, I had a good time picking them out!

She's the first sim I ever had win! And of course I had to immediately cheat the amount down to something more reasonable, because having that much money so early into the save would have just made things too easy. :lol: I miss those table top proposals too! I was really hoping the wedding pack would give them back to us, but sadly not... perhaps there is still hope though, seeing how long it takes them to add things like reasonably sized telescopes! And Alec is just a magnet for things going wrong in this save, haha.

I've probably said this before, but I just love decorating for Andy! Since I don't play the other premades much, my interpretation of Akira is now entirely based on how Akira acts in your games, haha. The pool visit may have been entirely motivated by my desire to watch them all have a try at the slip n' slide! And I think all the vampire visits are actually caused by a mod I have that makes them happen more often - unfortunately the tuning for San Myshuno seems to be set a little too high.

I wasn't sure how much I'd use the extended family sims, but being able to have the occasional family visit has made me so glad I decided to give them families this time around! Jeff in the spooky house was highly entertaining to play, as was his encounter in the tunnel. Took sooo long, but so worth it! And we'll have to see. ;)

It was very Carlotta of her to immediately try to disrupt my plans! I am so proud of both of my Vatore makeovers this time around, (though I have to say I absolutely loved your country makeover for Caleb.) I thoroughly enjoyed coming up with her little backstory between her and Alec! And of course with James living next door I could not resist introducing them...

Cindy:
Spoiler:
I feel bad because some of those renos are probably gonna take another five rotations before they even appear, haha. But glad you've enjoyed catching up!

Flea market is best for collectibles I find, but I usually forget about it myself.

I was a little worried when I shared the earlier versions that some people might like them better since they used cc, but I'm happy you appreciate the updated looks!

Thanks again for catching that typo! There is a post in between those two where Jeff and Miko arrive, and I checked to make sure it's tagged properly, so odd that it didn't show for you! I'll have to chalk it up to tumblr being weird, haha. The bros were super entertaining to have running around in the background. I felt a little bad for him being so upset about his first loss, but it was also kinda funny watching him sulk around the house. The kiss definitely cheered him up though!

As I said in my reply to Sam, I'm really happy I decided to add in some extra family! They were largely made so that they could show up to future weddings down the road, but being able to visit them for holidays or to introduce partners is fun. You can get the pop-up if you ask your sims how they feel about other sims! Very entertaining results sometimes, like Kass' reaction to Alec. :lol:

Playing a haunted house in uni is a fun challenge and I definitely recommend it some time! Poor Alec is hilariously cursed in this save, I agree.

I think I need to incorporate 'spring breaks' more often into my uni gameplay, because it was super fun! And yes, I would love a vacation like that irl!

Fingers crossed you get your sims to win one day! Andy is the first time I've ever seen one of my own sims win, only took what... five years of playing the game? :lol:

I've got another Andy apartment that I'm excited to reveal in the future, but I'm also looking forward to the new updates and packs coming out this year, so I can maybe decorate this one a second time before she moves! She just suits bright colours and fun furniture pieces so well. The group outings are the one time my sims get a break from dealing with uni stuff, so I like to make a whole day out of it! Otherwise my pictures would all be of them doing homework and skilling, haha. Andy is definitely struggling the least out of all of them, with her straight As and new lotto winnings!

Not down to 2 for long! ;)

I was hoping they would get along well, but after Kass was unimpressed with Alec I wasn't so sure, haha. And of course it make sense that the sporty jock would get along well with the hunter. Of course, that was before Jeff became a werewolf...

It was Thorne Bailey! He's probably my least favourite premade, so I like to use him as a target whenever I need a victim for something. And her past relation to Alec was a very fun surprise to come up with! Almost as fun as introducing her to James. ;)

It was an extremely fitting pop up for him! Things will get better for Scott, don't worry! His first week was definitely a little rough though, as I used him to learn how werewolves work.
Apologies for the late reply guys! Took a break in between posting households and totally forgot that I still needed to reply to comments. :duh:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 5.5 [14/01/23]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 5.5 (Galloway) has been posted, and can be read here. :)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 6.1 [21/01/23]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 6.1 (Collins) has been posted, and can be read here. :)
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Spoiler:
Galloway: Leo is just such a cute little farmer guy. He seems so happy with his canned goods. I love the bird gifts, getting some wool is super handy, especially various color wools. Aww, poor Leo, I know he finds someone to make those nights a lot less lonely soon. :)

6.1: Crazy to think you are already at round 6 in posting, and that the kids won't be in college much longer. Oh dear, poor Andy got the death fear. That has cropped up a couple of times for me lately. The fall is so pretty in Brindleton. I really love the pumpkin patch. Very nicely done. Cute that you bring the pumpkin home, I should do something fun like that. I did miss something that would require Andy to smooth something over with Miko? I feel like there was a missing slide perhaps. Anyway, fun update!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:wave: late with the comment, I've been sinking all my freetime into Stardew, but I have been seeing your posts on my tumblr dash and I always love seeing them :heart:
Spoiler:
5.4: Talbot
It's so good to see Scott again - and he actually gets to be a werewolf this time! I've never played a household with the simple living trait on :hmm: was it much of an inconvenience? They always smash up the kitchen, don't they :lol: I love that his summer look is just another variety of overalls, 10/10 :lol: :heart: it's interesting seeing Moonwood Mill in this update too, as I don't feel like I've really explored it yet, what with Jared living in the city.

5.5: Galloway
I have to say, I'm really enjoying all of these familiar faces returning :D his cottage is so cute! The country lifestyle suits him so well. Was he actually waving at Mrs Crumplebottom from his bike?! I've never seen that before! Also: his little gardening gloves!! I feel like Caleb might need a pair now :lol: I really like how you've decorated Leo's bedroom too :) Hopefully he'll be a little less lonely next season, though I did really enjoy his slow living update!

6.1: Collins
I love Andy's photo wall! :heart: I can't believe she got the fear of death from eating pufferfish nigiri! I'm not loving the fears atm I have to say, I feel like half my save is going through some kind of life crisis that seemed to spring out of nowhere :lol: And of course Vlad puts in an appearance! Andy & Turtle's trip out was great, especially Turtle just screaming along to Andy's singing. Also loved the gang's trip to the pumpkin patch, and the lil pumpkin she's keeping on the balcony. Aw, Miko and Andy are moving in together!
Can't wait to see what the rest of the gang gets up to over autumn :)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 6.2 & 6.3 [09/02/23]

Post by Heather »

Cindy:
Spoiler:
Farm life is suiting him well! I don't always remember to check the rabbits and birds for gifts, but I really should try to make more of an effort, because Leo's been getting some pretty good stuff from them! And yes, very soon in fact. ;)

It is! They're all going to be starting careers and families soon! Even crazier to me that I'm coming up to the same point where I stopped playing in my last version of this save; finally getting to experience new things with them now that I'm playing them further! Andy is actually the only sim I've seen that fear pop up for, surprisingly. Brindleton Bay has some especially pretty scenery in the fall with all the trees changing colours! And thank you, it was equally fun to build and play with!
Sam:
Spoiler:
I can not blame you, Stardew is so easy to get sucked into! I've also been enjoying seeing your posts on my dsh now that you're queuing them up on tumblr!

How could I play werewolves without bringing Scott back? I actually played his rotation first because I was so excited to get into the werewolf gameplay. :shhh: I find the simply living paired with off the grid to be a huge inconvenience actually, I love the idea of totally off the grid gameplay but it is simply not for me, haha. Might work a little better with a non-rotational save, where you're not worried about food spoiling in between plays. The Carnaval kit is an interesting mix of clothes, but those little overalls were so perfect I could not resist!

I felt so bad that these two always end up getting the least amount of play because they always get added right at the end! Naturally as soon as I decided to bring Scott back Leo had to come, too! It's a fun change of scenery from Sulani for him, and I agree the farm life suits him well. He was actually waving because something was in his way, but it looked so much like he was waving at her I had to snap a pic. :lol: Caleb absolutely needs a pair of gardening gloves, I will be on the lookout for them now! :shifty: I am glad his update is an enjoyable level of slow, it's relaxing to play after Jeff and Alec's haunted house shenanigans, but I have worried it doesn't make for as exciting of an update.

Photo walls have been my new favourite thing since the camera update from Moschino! I have a tuning fix for mine, but they have not been giving me too much trouble so far, mostly because none of them have full-time careers. The fear of the dead end job one drives me up the wall! I was not even aware the cats could sing along with sims until Turtle joined in, haha. I never take the cats out to the park, so it was fun seeing that they could actually run the obstacle course!
Rotation 6.2 and 6.3 have both been posted, and can now be read in full. :) Trying to get as much of rotations 6-7 posted before the newest expansion, so expect a lot of updates this month!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 6.2 & 6.3 [09/02/23]

Post by Sam »

:spin:
Spoiler:
I'm aiming for perfection for the first time in Stardew, it's such a time sink but in a good way - I'm having a great time :lol: and tumblr is so much easier, I don't know why I didn't switch sooner!!

Alec's face at the raw meat! :lol: I loved the spooked delivery boy! Poor guy! Omg the animatronic in the spooky ride :lol: I've never seen that pop up before! Amazing. The boys are having quite the eventful week! I'm glad Alec was finally able to get rid of the curses. Their house is so cute, the little spirits really add to the spooky day decor :lol: I loved seeing the gang in their costumes!! Nothing like an actual werewolf to make your spooky day spookier! I'm glad Alec was fine with Jeff's secret, and that he was able to gain a few allies :) an entire football team of werewolves though :lol: 10/10

I just love Carlotta, she looks like so much fun to play. Loved that Lilith vanished, but then dropped by later for a drink :lol: Seeing Carlotta attend the Starlight Accolades reminded me I really need to makeover that lot - yours looks so good! Her mood change after not winning an award was fun to see. I've never had a sim get nominated and not win before!

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”