Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

PRIDE 2022 ..... Pride Picks

Post by itsjulie »

PRIDE 2022 ..... PRIDE PICKS

Use this thread to leave a recommendation for your favourite show, book, movie, song, or any form of media that you think has some great LGBTQIA+ representation!
Please try to include a little blurb about your chosen media - it doesn't have to be long, but you should share with us why you like it and want to recommend it!

Participating in at least 5 PRIDE events will earn you the PRIDE 2022 Flair. Image
Post your links to your five posts on the Flair ... Seasonal Event requests thread to claim it!

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Nyx
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Re: PRIDE 2022 ..... Pride Picks

Post by Nyx »

I'd like to recommend a YA book I really enjoyed called "They Both Die at the End" by Adam Silvera. The story follows two boys who learn that they are about to die. It takes place in a near-future reality where an app can accurately predict the day of your death. But the story is mainly about the two boys falling in love and about one boy in particular coming out of his shell and finally learning how to live. All it takes is knowing he is going to die.
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Oh, that book sounds like the type that's gonna make me cry for sure :eek: I'll keep in mind for sure lol

A lot of you have probably watched it already, but I'd like to recomend the Netflix movie The half of it! I watched it a couple months after it came out not expecting anything, and it has honestly become one of my comfort movies :haha:
The premise is pretty simple/a little cliché for high school coming of age movies; Ellie Chu is a shy, smart student who earns a couple bucks to help at her home by doing homework asignments for her classmates. One day a sweet but not good with words jock named Paul approaches her to ask for something diferent: he wants her to write a love letter for his crush, Aster, without knowing that Ellie is also in love with her.
The characters are very charming and felt real to me, I really enjoyed learning about their lives and loved the chemistry between Aster and Ellie. But honestly what really sold me this movie was the friendship that grows between Paul and Ellie, it is absolutely adorablev :heart:
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I recently read The Last Sun by K.D. Edwards. Maybe Goodreads could give y'all a better review, but what I have to say about it is: urban fantasy, D&D magic system vibes, seamlessly and extremely queer, violent. Content warning, the main character has trauma from a sexual assault in his past, I felt it was done appropriately/well.

If you haven't watched Legendary on HBO, you are seeeeeriously missing out on some culture! I recommend season 2 especially!
hello! :heartbeat:
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Took me a while to determine my pick this year. I want to mention the documentary Circus of Books. If you haven't watched it, it's quite an interesting look at some of the earlier 80's and the gay/lesbian culture of the time and follows a couple who run, basically, an adult bookstore of basically homosexual material. It's rather heartwarming, and I think it can show that good people can do important things without necessarily realizing it was important.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Boo
Origin ID: MightyMinestrone
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post by Boo »

There's a lot of great biographical and non-fiction graphic novels about queer people!

I would recommend:
A Quick and Easy Guide to Asexuality by Molly Muldoon and Will Hernandez
The Secret to Superhuman Strength by Alison Bechdel
Fine: A Comic About Gender by Rhea Ewing
Confessions of a Demisexual by Courtney Wirth
My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness by Nagata Kabi

Return to “Misc Events Archive”