The Duchelli Legacy - Chapter 43.3 - Mar 14, 2024

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Duchelli Legacy - Chapter 37 - Mar 8, 2023

Post by ciyrose »

All right, so I haven't been by to read in SO LONG, but that's all right, I'm going to work on catching up!
Spoiler:
Chapter 20: Oh man, what an early rollercoaster, but really, high school relationships rarely last into or past college. Good boy for wishing her well. Oh no, we have to leave Maggie, not fair! Oh good, Jamie can be a good friend. Hmmm, this doctor, I'm not so sure. Oh, dear Eric. Hopefully, this turns out ok.

Chapter 21: Oh no, a title of 'Bad Influence' cannot be good. Eric Eric Eric....this is a TERRIBLE idea. Well at least it didn't go far. Bad Eric! Also bad Dr, but still. Eric is going to be getting exhausted soon! I think I'm actually on Anthony's side currently.

Chapter 22: Well at least he graduated, but really, kind of harsh to make him move immediately. I mean, yeah, he played his part, but come on school. Of course, dad is thinking like a lawyer, he was good one...ok, I'm less with him on this one. I'm all for helping the kid, but these two should not be together. Well, guess we'll see how it goes from here on out.
For now though I will have to back later. :) Quite the start you've given this generation!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Time to get a bit more reading in.
Spoiler:
Chapter 23: Oh Eric....I understand the suspicion, I do, but right now you are taking on the role of father. Also, ugh, TALK TO EACH OTHER! The problem with gasoline is it burns hot but fast. Sigh, I am not a fan of Katherine, but at least she is TRYING to talk about what is going on with her. It might not be in the best way all the time, but COME ON ERIC! Oh boy, Cecilia, I liked her, but this is going to complicate things. At least he told her about his child, but this is not going to lead to a happy life if he can't start being honest with everyone.

Chapter 24: Of course, you will never have it, dummy! You WON'T TALK TO ANYONE HONESTLY! You COULD have that happiness, but NOOOOO, you are going to just sit in misery because for some reason you have it in your head you deserve that or would be a disappointment for getting out of this and being happy. Talk to your mom, she knows a bit about this concept! Awww, Cooper, poor dog coming into this, but I know Eric will love him! Oh boy Freya is a cutie! I'm glad Eric is FINALLY bonding with her. Oh for pete's sake, it's amazing how many ways people find not to just talk to each other. Yeah dude, you should have been the one to talk to her about it, of course she's leaving. She doesn't want to be stuck in misery any more than you tell yourself you do.

Chapter 25: Ouch, ok, I would have actually expected Katherine to recognize that Freya needs her dad, but I guess these two are just both really terrible people to each other (even if I get the concept of Eric needs to get himself together.) Oh geez Eric, I hope you keep up on the business, but Lloyd sounds like someone who cared about you and the business, and you are just going to blow through every nurse? Oh please dad, talk some sense into your son...he needs to have it smacked into him apparently....which apparently will have to wait until later. He's not ACTUALLY at bottom yet, even though he keeps thinking he is. Well maybe Freya will be what gives him the kick.

Chapter 26: Oh therapy, that's good. Glad he is finally getting help. Oh happy day that he is getting every other weekend! OMG, he's grown!!! NO NO NO, do NOT backslide Eric. She's going to end up with a step-dad at some point more than likely, you will ALWAYS be Freya's father! Well, I still like Cecilia, but this is probably not a good idea Eric, be careful. Whoo, good job Eric! I knew I liked Cecilia. Happy day, Cecilia was going to be good for him, calling him out on his BS.

Chapter 27: YAY for the meeting between Cecilia and Freya going so well. I figured it would, Cecilia is great with knowing just how to say what is needed. Good just Cecilia, finally happy things happening in the family!!! Thank goodness that Cecilia still wanted Eric too. Couples will fight, and Cecilia really has a sense of when to push and went to back down, oh dear fear though.....oh, makes sense now. Dude, at this point if you don't realize she loves you to and wants to be with you.....at least he's asked. Haha, the birds! The wedding is beautiful!! I'm kind of surprised that Katherine and Conrad were at the wedding! YAY a new baby with Cecilia! Oh yay a new daughter!!
Whew, got through quite a bit more. Really enjoying the story so far.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
SirianaSims
Denmark

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by SirianaSims »

ciyrose wrote: June 8th, 2023, 4:05 pm All right, so I haven't been by to read in SO LONG, but that's all right, I'm going to work on catching up!
For now though I will have to back later. :) Quite the start you've given this generation!
ciyrose wrote: June 11th, 2023, 1:06 am Time to get a bit more reading in.
Thank you! I looove reading your comments! I've been on hiatus while writing my thesis, but I'm finally done so I can get back into The Duchellis and it's so motivating for me to see that my story hasn't been forgotten while I was away ❤️
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

SirianaSims wrote: June 11th, 2023, 5:39 am Thank you! I looove reading your comments! I've been on hiatus while writing my thesis, but I'm finally done so I can get back into The Duchellis and it's so motivating for me to see that my story hasn't been forgotten while I was away ❤️
Aww well thank you, I have really enjoyed your story and while you have been on hiatus I have been trying to catch up because I was on a bit of a reading hiatus myself. Congrats on finishing your thesis!! That's big for sure, and I'm sure it's nice to have it done. I am determined to get through this generation at least. :)
Spoiler:
Chapter 28: Oh dear....I mean Katherine has good news, but are they wanting to move?? Oh whew....that actually was NOT what I expected Katherine to say. Good for her, these two have both grown a lot. HAHA, I think this is one of the most honest conversations these two have ever had and I'm loving it! Just as a side note, I really love checking out all the pictures you have set up around the house of the family throughout the years. :) Haha, "homework time" I'm sure, and I love the awkward wave. Oh, it WAS homework time....yikes. Oooh, poor Freya, and yeah Eric probably shouldn't have yelled but at least you got it back under control.

Chapter 29: Aww, a sad start, but they had a wonderful life together and got to see Eric happy with his girls. Good job Samuel. Your best friend needed you and you were there. Haha, nice, Caleb is in a band. :) Poor Freya, she's really stuck in that past. You would think Eric might think to try and get his daughter to talk to someone else, like a therapist, but if she isn't ready it probably wouldn't do much good. Good luck to Freya at uni, I'm sure she will be fine.

Chapter 30: I'm glad Freya has already found some girls on her team to be friendly with, so far. Hmm, Freya might suddenly have to be honest to herself about her feelings for Samuel. Uh huh, just keep telling yourself that Freya, I mean you shouldn't cause it's going to hurt, but... Oh, I totally thought, for a second that Daria was just Gracie grown up already. lol Oh honey, if you want THAT kind of normal, you want to DATE him. Well yes, Freya, good choice to avoid the dumpster fire of your parents together, but you want what your dad and Cecilia have, consider Samuel. Oof, ok, well life is going to have to give you a few more wake-up calls, but what you want mostly makes sense. Oh geez, like father like daughter. TALK TO HIM!!! Hmmm, well MAYBE Samuel will actually talk to her. Yep, that seems about right, I understand him being upset. Give it time Freya! Oh see, yeah, very little time. lol

Chapter 31: Awww, they are sweet. See what happens when you TALK? OH for a second there I thought she wasn't going to actually say it, I'm glad she did. Haha, a fun red carpet. Hehe, a nice proposal, good job Samuel. A very sweet chapter. Glad they are currently in a good place.

Chapter 32: In that wedding picture I can see a LOT of Kathrine in Freya, so much. There is a lot of Eric in there too, but I hadn't really noticed before. Oh no, don't get into your head now Freya! A new baby!! It's sweet how Samuel keeps flipping back and forth. Awww, Hailey!! A new daughter....lots of girls recently. These two still have some underlying issues for sure, but it's good they are talking a fair amount about what they want.

Chapter 33: Oh geez, yeah, she needs to get herself some help for that anxiety soon, it will eat her alive. Ooof they really need to take some time to be with each other. Freya needs to learn to trust and let go a bit, and Samuel needs a break too. Aww, Amelia might be really good for Freya. Well ok, once again we are back to TALK. Tell him about those things. If you had talked about it before and not just it being "your issues" but WHY you feel this way it could make a difference in understanding. UGH....she is very much like her father. Not in the exact same ways, but the same way of assuming and denying.

Chapter 34: Yep, he certainly still has his own issues. There is a SLIGHT chance, him having to deal with Charlie might cause Freya to also work out some things. Oh good, I'm glad she's doing something FOR herself that SHE wants to do, not what she thinks other people would want or based fully on other people. HAHA, you have no idea how much Caleb has NOT aged. This is potentially a very dangerous situation but I have hope that Charlie might actually help. Oh, nope, VERY VERY VERY wrong. NO NO NO NO, now Freya is like her mother. Yep, this is bad. Poor Samuel, all the things he feels about his brother and this will just add to it now.

Chapter 35: OMG girl, holy crap, she is as bad as her mother AND father, someone help her get help! Yup, that seems about right. You know what, I approve of the tough love from Jessica. Well I think there is a little of both being true in there. You focused so hard on being "perfect" (which is an impossible thing to do) that you did things to try and be what you thought was more "perfect" but that also made you selfish and stubborn because it had to be perfect to YOU, so everything, including you remained PERFECT. Good job dad! I figured he's want her to get help but was waiting for her to be ready. Yep, they are two people who felt/told themselves they had to be perfect. Glad she has a good therapist who is making her think. Ouch, kind of a hard start to the holiday, but good for Freya being honest.

Chapter 36: Oh Freya this is NOT all just you. There have been issues with those brothers for long before you were a couple. Whew, it's getting there. The girls are adorable, but I do wonder how they are processing everything. Good suggestion Freya. It might be "weird" but you have to find what works for everyone as best you can. Yes, yes you should have gone to therapy at like 12, lol, but at least you are working through it. I'm so glad they are able to do more talking. oh dear....I mean on the one hand, if she REALLY falls in love with the father of her kids, that wouldn't be a bad thing, but would he ever feel he could fully trust it?? I guess we'll see. I think Freya always did love Samuel (maybe not IN LOVE, but obviously she loved him at least as a friend) a little bit. It might not have been a roaring fire, but she was so wrapped up she never let her heart actually feel it. That night it all started happening she was there she just couldn't get over the mental I think. Oh don't play "if only" Freya, you will drive yourself crazy! Ohh, woah, that got my blood boiling even. I need a fan lol

Chapter 37: Yeah, they both held a lot back from each other, the only way they last (besides getting help for the issues they both have) is to not hold back anymore. You don't need to be a gasoline dumpster fire of Katherine and Eric, but passion isn't bad itself. Don't fall back into the same worries, sit with it Freya! That is a VERY fair request, don't burn everything down around you with self-destruction again, but he needs to do the same...not so much with his love, but with just everything else. HAHA, I love their time in Sulani. YAY....marriage and maybe another baby?
Ok, so I had ZERO intention of reading the rest of the way through today but I could not get enough, and I still want more, so I am very much enjoying your story!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
SirianaSims
Denmark

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by SirianaSims »

Chapter 38: Long Story Short is out! And we're starting off with a... funeral?
NextWish
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Duchelli Legacy - Chapter 38 - Jun 26, 2023

Post by NextWish »

Incredible!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Woohoo!!! I'm excited to see what happens!
Spoiler:
Chapter 38: Awww, sad that Samuel's mother passed, but I get it. Aww, they had twins? So cute!! Hehe, 'grandpa sense was tingling.' Love him! Eric is a good person to talk to about the missing brother, he certainly knows about that. Aww, and their tenth anniversary. I love these two!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by klmnz »

Spoiler:
Aww I'm so happy for Freya and Sam. Love that they made it work after everything. I hope we see Charlie again sometime!
SirianaSims
Denmark

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by SirianaSims »

ciyrose wrote: June 27th, 2023, 4:43 pm Woohoo!!! I'm excited to see what happens!
Spoiler:
Chapter 38: Awww, sad that Samuel's mother passed, but I get it. Aww, they had twins? So cute!! Hehe, 'grandpa sense was tingling.' Love him! Eric is a good person to talk to about the missing brother, he certainly knows about that. Aww, and their tenth anniversary. I love these two!
NextWish wrote: June 26th, 2023, 10:58 amIncredible!
Thank you both ❤️

Chapter 39: Invisible String is out, and while it's sad to be leaving Freya and Samuel behind, we do get to see Griffin and Daria again as Julia struggles to figure out who she should be.

NextWish
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Duchelli Legacy - Chapter 39 - Jul 10, 2023

Post by NextWish »

Incredible chapter!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Duchelli Legacy - Chapter 39 - Jul 10, 2023

Post by ciyrose »

Woo, a new update. While I will be sad to move on from Freya, excited to see what the next gen brings!
Spoiler:
Chapter 39: I love your idea that 'pillow fights' aren't actually pillow fights. Sounds just like what a teen would try to do to hide stuff. Oh dear, I am happy for Julia, but I can only imagine this is going to blow up with Myra. YAY for Myra's mom, and sometimes it is easier to talk to someone who isn't your parents. I love the advice she gets.
As always fantastic storytelling already.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
SirianaSims
Denmark

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Duchelli Legacy - Chapter 40 - Sep 12, 2023

Post by SirianaSims »

I've been insanely busy with the new semester and starting a new podcast and other stuff, but somehow Chapter 40: Cracks in the Concrete is out!

Julia is out on her own, making new friends and... maybe more?

peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
ooh two male contenders which one will she choose
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

SirianaSims
Denmark

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by SirianaSims »

peachy123uk wrote: September 12th, 2023, 10:24 am
Spoiler:
ooh two male contenders which one will she choose
I actually changed my mind about a lot of things after this first chapter, so I'm rewriting a lot and now this generation will be a surprise to myself too 😂
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Wow, I'm only a single update behind??? Amazing!!! Excited to see how this goes.
Spoiler:
Chapter 40: Ooh, the first night in a quite new place can be tough. She's going to do great I'm sure. I like the updated look too, the red hair looks good on her. Oh what a fun idea for GeekCon! I love transforming the gallery. Haha, I love the idea of people being very serious about Voidcritters. Hmmm....talk of Sixam again....will we hear from them again someday soon? I had almost forgotten what happened in generation 2. Haha, I love the "chase." I am already loving Julia and her story. Can't wait to see more!!!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
SirianaSims
Denmark

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by SirianaSims »

ciyrose wrote: September 18th, 2023, 3:32 pm Wow, I'm only a single update behind??? Amazing!!! Excited to see how this goes.
Spoiler:
Chapter 40: Ooh, the first night in a quite new place can be tough. She's going to do great I'm sure. I like the updated look too, the red hair looks good on her. Oh what a fun idea for GeekCon! I love transforming the gallery. Haha, I love the idea of people being very serious about Voidcritters. Hmmm....talk of Sixam again....will we hear from them again someday soon? I had almost forgotten what happened in generation 2. Haha, I love the "chase." I am already loving Julia and her story. Can't wait to see more!!!
Thank you for reading! It's been a busy summer, but I'm back on track so hopefully it won't be months between chapters from now on 😂
Spoiler:
Ah yes, Sixam. I may or may not have reasons to remind you all that Sixam still exists. But why haven't we heard from them??
SirianaSims
Denmark

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Duchelli Legacy - Chapter 41 - Oct 5, 2023

Post by SirianaSims »

Chapter 41: Ask Yourself is finally out! Apparently, Llama Man ended up having much more of an impact and I basically had to rewrite all of Julia's story... but here we are!
Spoiler:
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Oh boy, I can't wait to see what happened (and believe me I understand about it being months. I myself haven't put out and update in so long but have a few ready to go soon.)
Spoiler:
Chapter 41: I'm already loving Julia and Paul, I'm sorry, but also not, that you had to rewrite all her story. Haha, good thing she explained about the grandfather comment. lol, don't worry Paul pretty sure she does NOT see you as a grandfather. HAHA, the basically like a stray cat comment was great. Uhoh, I smell a bit of danger on Julia's part. Hopefully, she doesn't get too wrapped up in Paul, who seemed pretty darn honest about what he didn't want. Oh, maybe not, he seems just as connected now. Awww, that was very sweet Paul, she should be able to be famous for her own talent, and she can be still, even if it comes out, it will just take time for the scandal part to wear off. Yep, figured there would be something that would come out. She was even accepting of the reason, guess we'll see what happens now.
A very fun update (as totally expected)

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Oh my!
Spoiler:
So I've disappeared for a while and was delighted to discover that I had so many Duchelli chapters to read! I've said it before and will continue to say it, you're an excellent story teller as well as scene stager. Most of the pictures already tell the story by themselves and then you add the dialogue and it becomes magic. I'm loving Julia and Paul - hope the tabloids don't ruin it for them!! :( Looking forward to see what unfolds next!
Hi! I'm Maryse :)

ImageImage
SirianaSims
Denmark

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by SirianaSims »

maryselorraine wrote: November 21st, 2023, 1:31 am Oh my!
Spoiler:
So I've disappeared for a while and was delighted to discover that I had so many Duchelli chapters to read! I've said it before and will continue to say it, you're an excellent story teller as well as scene stager. Most of the pictures already tell the story by themselves and then you add the dialogue and it becomes magic. I'm loving Julia and Paul - hope the tabloids don't ruin it for them!! :( Looking forward to see what unfolds next!
ciyrose wrote: October 31st, 2023, 8:47 pm Oh boy, I can't wait to see what happened (and believe me I understand about it being months. I myself haven't put out and update in so long but have a few ready to go soon.)
Spoiler:
Chapter 41: I'm already loving Julia and Paul, I'm sorry, but also not, that you had to rewrite all her story. Haha, good thing she explained about the grandfather comment. lol, don't worry Paul pretty sure she does NOT see you as a grandfather. HAHA, the basically like a stray cat comment was great. Uhoh, I smell a bit of danger on Julia's part. Hopefully, she doesn't get too wrapped up in Paul, who seemed pretty darn honest about what he didn't want. Oh, maybe not, he seems just as connected now. Awww, that was very sweet Paul, she should be able to be famous for her own talent, and she can be still, even if it comes out, it will just take time for the scandal part to wear off. Yep, figured there would be something that would come out. She was even accepting of the reason, guess we'll see what happens now.
A very fun update (as totally expected)
Thank you both so much! ❤️❤️❤️ It's been a crazy month or two for me, had some family drama, but I've almost managed to get the next chapter together, so it shouldn't be too long now 🥳

As a little treat, here's Julia's camera roll from going back to Copperdale to see her family for Winterfest 🎄 (featuring her twin brothers Liam and Kieran and Hailey's baby, Grayson! I can't believe Freya and Samuel are grandparents 😭)

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”