Petal's Flower Legacy - Updated Feb 2024

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Petal's Flower Legacy - Updated Feb 2024

Post by ciyrose »

Hello and here we are at the second challenge in the achievement insanity project. This, however, is going to be all about the Flower Legacy, and then eventually the Secret Garden legacy challenges. I found this one just hunting around for various styles and types of legacies and it seems like a fun challenge. So we are giving it a shot. Right now there isn't much here yet, just the main introduction and home page, but I hope to be back soon with a full update.
Last edited by ciyrose on February 21st, 2024, 5:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Petal's Flower Legacy - Updated Feb 2022

Post by Loyalty »

Rosa Petal sounds like a wonderful Sim to get to know and follow her story.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Why thank you, I'm excited to get that written up. I have finished playing her first round, now I just have to write. :)

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

The first season for this family is up and ready for your reading pleasure. :)
Season 1

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Loyalty
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Loyalty »

That was a fantastic update!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Loyalty wrote:That was a fantastic update!
Aw, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think Rosa is super fun.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Finally read this! This is my first time hearing about the Flower legacy, It looks fun!
Spoiler:
Rosa Is a very cute sin and I adore her with Lara!
So funny MCCC trolled you with the baby lol the game loves to do it lol I hope the pausing pregnancy works!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Salem wrote:Finally read this! This is my first time hearing about the Flower legacy, It looks fun!
Spoiler:
Rosa Is a very cute sin and I adore her with Lara!
So funny MCCC trolled you with the baby lol the game loves to do it lol I hope the pausing pregnancy works!
Spoiler:
RIGHT??? Crazy trolly game. So far so good on the pause, so I think I'll be in good shape. I also like Rosa and Lara, they are super cute together.
I hadn't heard of it either, but I thought it sounded like a lot of fun, and trying things together I might not have otherwise.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Petal's Flower Legacy - Updated Sep 2022

Post by ciyrose »

I'm super excited to bring Season 2 for this challenge to you. It's up and ready!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Petal's Flower Legacy - Updated Mar 2023

Post by ciyrose »

There is finally Season 3 here for the Petals! I hope you enjoy the update.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
so much to do in such little time the children are lovely can never tell teenagers from their parents
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

peachy123uk wrote: March 7th, 2023, 10:24 pm
Spoiler:
so much to do in such little time the children are lovely can never tell teenagers from their parents
Spoiler:
There is a lot to do for sure. The teens and YA/Adults are very similar looking for sure, but there are slight differences. :)
Thanks for reading!

We also have another update out and an heir poll for the family as well! Check out Season 4!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Petal's Flower Legacy - Updated Apr 2023

Post by Designergirl81 »

I am really glad I found this story. Not only am I feeling really invested in the family but it was a flower themed legacy I hadn’t heard of before. I am combining all of the flower/plant legacies into one for my 100 generation legacy. I had heard of Secret Garden but not the Flower Challenge so was able to add that one to my list.
Spoiler:
Fall – Petal is a really pretty founder and the starter house is really cute. Gotta love Sims logic – why lay on the soft grass when you can cloud gaze on the train tracks. The music loving NAP is one of the better ones. Lara and Rosa are so cute together. Dine out always seems to be hit or miss for me. I have had a few sims get their food right away and have a great meal. Others never get their food and spend hours waiting. I am glad Rosa and Lara still had a great date. Oh no not the wear bags NAP for another wedding. I really enjoy Lara’s relationship with his extended family. I am glad Lara was able to put out the fire and Rosa didn’t die.

Winter – Girasol is so cute. I don’t use that hair very often but it looks so good on her. It is clear she is a daddy’s girl and their snowpals turned out really fun. I also love that she used her charmer trait to get to know her gramdma and aunts. Lara’s family is such a great addition to the story. Looks like Lara is doing well at University. Finding time for papers, projects, and homework while raising a family can’t be easy. Solros is also a cutie. I like how one took after mom and the other dad with their hair color. I wonder who baby three will take after? Social Butterfly aspiration is usually my least favorite and the one that takes me the longest to complete.

Spring – I have also noticed in my rotations relationships going down between rounds. A few have even been culled completely. I am glad Rosa was able to get her relationship with Lara’s family back up. Poor Lara had a very scary and dangerous visit to the jungle. I am glad he was able to overcome being poisoned. That is fun that you choose journalism for Rosa. I haven’t played that particular branch very often so looking forward to seeing how Rosa does. Great job on Girasol completing the social butterfly aspiration. Yay! Baby number three is on the way! WOW! Girasol is a breathtaking teenager. I love her glasses and nose ring. Aster is such a cute name for the final baby.

Summer – The mother daughter moment at the beginning of the chapter was so cute. I can totally see a mom coming into her daughter’s room after prom to ask for all the details. Oh no, poor Rosa was struck by lightning. Aster is an adorable infant and the sentiment with his mom was adorable. I don’t think I have seen that one yet. I love how many of the playable teens are at high school. I hope I have the same experience when I get to that point. I am so glad that Lara got the adventurer midlife crisis and not the romance one. I just can’t imagine him ever wanting to cheat on Rosa. One thing you could try with Lara’s family to keep the relationships is try making a family club with Get to Work. Not sure if it will work but might be worth a try. Solros is a handsome teen and Aster is a cute toddler. I don’t think I have had the aggressive quirk yet so will be interested to see how that goes. The family reunion looked like it was a lot of fun. Not sure if you play with mods but there is one that makes prom longer. I find it makes prom a lot more fun as you can actually do things. Lara and Rosa having a pillow fight might be my favorite moment so far – they are an amazing couple. Love them! I see the poll is closed but my vote was going to be for Solros only because he has black hair and I think it is nice to mix up the genetics.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Petal's Flower Legacy - Updated Apr 2023

Post by ciyrose »

Designergirl81 wrote: October 24th, 2023, 11:02 am I am really glad I found this story. Not only am I feeling really invested in the family but it was a flower themed legacy I hadn’t heard of before. I am combining all of the flower/plant legacies into one for my 100 generation legacy. I had heard of Secret Garden but not the Flower Challenge so was able to add that one to my list.
Spoiler:
Fall – Petal is a really pretty founder and the starter house is really cute. Gotta love Sims logic – why lay on the soft grass when you can cloud gaze on the train tracks. The music loving NAP is one of the better ones. Lara and Rosa are so cute together. Dine out always seems to be hit or miss for me. I have had a few sims get their food right away and have a great meal. Others never get their food and spend hours waiting. I am glad Rosa and Lara still had a great date. Oh no not the wear bags NAP for another wedding. I really enjoy Lara’s relationship with his extended family. I am glad Lara was able to put out the fire and Rosa didn’t die.

Winter – Girasol is so cute. I don’t use that hair very often but it looks so good on her. It is clear she is a daddy’s girl and their snowpals turned out really fun. I also love that she used her charmer trait to get to know her gramdma and aunts. Lara’s family is such a great addition to the story. Looks like Lara is doing well at University. Finding time for papers, projects, and homework while raising a family can’t be easy. Solros is also a cutie. I like how one took after mom and the other dad with their hair color. I wonder who baby three will take after? Social Butterfly aspiration is usually my least favorite and the one that takes me the longest to complete.

Spring – I have also noticed in my rotations relationships going down between rounds. A few have even been culled completely. I am glad Rosa was able to get her relationship with Lara’s family back up. Poor Lara had a very scary and dangerous visit to the jungle. I am glad he was able to overcome being poisoned. That is fun that you choose journalism for Rosa. I haven’t played that particular branch very often so looking forward to seeing how Rosa does. Great job on Girasol completing the social butterfly aspiration. Yay! Baby number three is on the way! WOW! Girasol is a breathtaking teenager. I love her glasses and nose ring. Aster is such a cute name for the final baby.

Summer – The mother daughter moment at the beginning of the chapter was so cute. I can totally see a mom coming into her daughter’s room after prom to ask for all the details. Oh no, poor Rosa was struck by lightning. Aster is an adorable infant and the sentiment with his mom was adorable. I don’t think I have seen that one yet. I love how many of the playable teens are at high school. I hope I have the same experience when I get to that point. I am so glad that Lara got the adventurer midlife crisis and not the romance one. I just can’t imagine him ever wanting to cheat on Rosa. One thing you could try with Lara’s family to keep the relationships is try making a family club with Get to Work. Not sure if it will work but might be worth a try. Solros is a handsome teen and Aster is a cute toddler. I don’t think I have had the aggressive quirk yet so will be interested to see how that goes. The family reunion looked like it was a lot of fun. Not sure if you play with mods but there is one that makes prom longer. I find it makes prom a lot more fun as you can actually do things. Lara and Rosa having a pillow fight might be my favorite moment so far – they are an amazing couple. Love them! I see the poll is closed but my vote was going to be for Solros only because he has black hair and I think it is nice to mix up the genetics.
Awww, I'm glad you like the family and that it was new to you. I knew you were combing them, for some reason I thought you had this one!
Spoiler:
I also love Girasol, and Rosa and Lara. They are just so sweet! OMG, Lara's trips to the jungle were too much, it was so funny, but also scary while playing it. Everything that seemed to, went wrong. I ADORE Girasol as a teen. I think the nose ring suited her so well!! She really takes after her mom. Hint about teens in high school, give them lockers. That seems to make them more likely to show up when not playable! I do know about the mod to make prom longer, while I'm not actively avoiding mods, outside of MCCC I am trying to keep them very minor (just mostly buidling mods) for this save. I will take your vote into account. I expected to be back to this family by now but RL has kind of been kicking my butt. Soon though!
Thanks for all the lovely comments and glad you enjoyed it!! It was fun for me to go back down memory lane a bit with them too, I do love this family.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Petal's Flower Legacy - Updated Jan 2024

Post by ciyrose »

We have a new update for the Petal family to start off 2024. Hope your new year is starting off great!! You can find the newest update here!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

Another great update!
Spoiler:
Fall - Week 1 -- Yay! I am so glad to see Solros won the heir vote even if he doesn't look too happy about it - LOL! I like the change you made in having the next rotation start at 5:30 PM rather than AM. It is nice when you load the game and everyone can continue with their activities rather than going back to bed. I am thinking about making that change in my game as well. It is so cute that Girasol and her grandma Maribel got the supportive family dynamic. It seems really fitting too for a grandparent to be supportive of her grandchild. I love the the extended family you have with this family. I am really enjoying Rosa in the journalism career. I usually go with the author branch of the writer career so it is fun to learn more about the journalism career. That is a great idea to just upload the version of the community lot you want for the default rather than wasting time waiting for the vote. On no, poor Girasol and Aster have a difficult family dynamic. Like you said maybe it is the loud music. Hopefully they can be close again when they are older. I do like that you are getting different family dynamics. I seem to always get Jokester. Once and awhile I will get strict but that one usually seems to come up more with parents and toddlers when potty training. Great job Rosa on completing the aspiration - she and Lara are so cute together. Great job Girasol for graduating with honors. Solros jogging with cake is too funny and such a "sim" think to do. Maybe I should start jogging with cake - would that make me enjoy jogging more?
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Designergirl81 wrote: January 19th, 2024, 12:45 pm Another great update!
Spoiler:
Fall - Week 1 -- Yay! I am so glad to see Solros won the heir vote even if he doesn't look too happy about it - LOL! I like the change you made in having the next rotation start at 5:30 PM rather than AM. It is nice when you load the game and everyone can continue with their activities rather than going back to bed. I am thinking about making that change in my game as well. It is so cute that Girasol and her grandma Maribel got the supportive family dynamic. It seems really fitting too for a grandparent to be supportive of her grandchild. I love the the extended family you have with this family. I am really enjoying Rosa in the journalism career. I usually go with the author branch of the writer career so it is fun to learn more about the journalism career. That is a great idea to just upload the version of the community lot you want for the default rather than wasting time waiting for the vote. On no, poor Girasol and Aster have a difficult family dynamic. Like you said maybe it is the loud music. Hopefully they can be close again when they are older. I do like that you are getting different family dynamics. I seem to always get Jokester. Once and awhile I will get strict but that one usually seems to come up more with parents and toddlers when potty training. Great job Rosa on completing the aspiration - she and Lara are so cute together. Great job Girasol for graduating with honors. Solros jogging with cake is too funny and such a "sim" think to do. Maybe I should start jogging with cake - would that make me enjoy jogging more?
Thanks for the comments!
Spoiler:
Yeah, the change in rotation is all about surviving uni with sims. lol I loved all the different dynamics this time around. I also usually go with author, so it's been fun to learn. Haha, yes, maybe if I jog with cake I would jog more myself. :)
There is a new update ready for the Petal's. We are finally finishing up Fall and you can find Week 2 at the link!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Petal's Flower Legacy - Updated Feb 2024

Post by Designergirl81 »

Another great update. I really enjoy this family.
Spoiler:
It was nice to see your sims around the table chatting and no one had their phone out. Sims never changing out of their outerwear and/or pajamas does get old. I spend A LOT of time in CAS on the perfect outfits for my sims and then they either stay in their pajamas all day or change into their outerwear and never change back. I know I have said this before but I just love the relationship with the extended family. Grandpa coming over to make food for the family, do some cleaning and then chat with his grandsons was such a fun moment. I wish the high school and university diplomas went into the personal inventory since the household inventory. It would make sense for a sim that is not the heir to be able to take their high school diploma with them when they move out of the house. I rarely let my sims do pranks or be mischievous either (unless I have a sim that needs to complete that aspiration) so it was fun to see you letting Solros be a little mischievous with the pencil prank. I can remember kids doing that when I was in school. Awww, having the family volunteer at a soup kitchen on Harvestvest is such a cute idea. OH NO!! That fire looked bad. I am glad no one was hurt/killed. I totally forgot about the movie theater in San Sequoia. I am glad Solros won prom royalty but that is too bad about his birthday. Great job on the graduating with honors though. That was nice of Solros to help his brother learn how to ride his bike. I am looking forward to seeing Solros as a dad. I think he is going to be great.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Petal's Flower Legacy - Updated Feb 2024

Post by ciyrose »

Designergirl81 wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 1:21 pm Another great update. I really enjoy this family.
Spoiler:
It was nice to see your sims around the table chatting and no one had their phone out. Sims never changing out of their outerwear and/or pajamas does get old. I spend A LOT of time in CAS on the perfect outfits for my sims and then they either stay in their pajamas all day or change into their outerwear and never change back. I know I have said this before but I just love the relationship with the extended family. Grandpa coming over to make food for the family, do some cleaning and then chat with his grandsons was such a fun moment. I wish the high school and university diplomas went into the personal inventory since the household inventory. It would make sense for a sim that is not the heir to be able to take their high school diploma with them when they move out of the house. I rarely let my sims do pranks or be mischievous either (unless I have a sim that needs to complete that aspiration) so it was fun to see you letting Solros be a little mischievous with the pencil prank. I can remember kids doing that when I was in school. Awww, having the family volunteer at a soup kitchen on Harvestvest is such a cute idea. OH NO!! That fire looked bad. I am glad no one was hurt/killed. I totally forgot about the movie theater in San Sequoia. I am glad Solros won prom royalty but that is too bad about his birthday. Great job on the graduating with honors though. That was nice of Solros to help his brother learn how to ride his bike. I am looking forward to seeing Solros as a dad. I think he is going to be great.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Yeah, the outerwear/pj stuff gets old. I change it sometimes myself, but it's still annoying. I have had a lot of fun building up the extended family relationships here, so I'm glad you are enjoying them. I love having extended family around. The fact the diplomas go into family inventory makes NO SENSE to me! The fire was kind of crazy. It took me forever to get it fully out so the family could leave. I also look forward to getting a full start on Solors' generation, I think he's going to be fun!
Thanks as always for reading, and I always enjoy your comments!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”