Discussion/Poll: Getting more comments on a post!

Is it broken or could it be better? Post any suggestions for the forum here :)

What are the reasons that keep you, forum inhabitants, from commenting on a post?

Too shy to comment
33%
Fear of being disliked
No votes
Not wishing to leave negative feedback
No votes
Forgetting to comment
11%
Not knowing the poster well enough
17%
Inability to comment due to status on the forum
No votes
Other (discuss below)
39%

Total votes: 18

modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Discussion/Poll: Getting more comments on a post!

Post by modelmgt »

Kimberly wrote:I try to encourage.
I am terribly shy.
Well thank you for participating! Everyone feels self-conscious or shy sometimes, so it takes a super effort to brush off all of those stupid self-critical thoughts that come up. :applause:
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by KatLovesPotatoes »

modelmgt wrote:
I am terribly shy.
Well thank you for participating! Everyone feels self-conscious or shy sometimes, so it takes a super effort to brush off all of those stupid self-critical thoughts that come up. :applause:
:slaphappy: I’m the same way, really, self-conscious and shy about commenting, as well as showing others what I’m writing about. :haha:
Kimberly

Achievements / Awards

Post by Kimberly »

modelmgt wrote:
I am terribly shy.
Thank you Modelmgt.
[align=center]Raven Quick
Applecrisp News*[/align]
modelmgt
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

Kimberly wrote:
modelmgt wrote:
I am terribly shy.
Thank you Modelmgt.
You're welcome! Positive reinforcement FTW! Now get TF out there! :wink:

Ok- I feel the need to say this to all of you who debate commenting so much- because this much is true- and I hope it helps all of you.
Spoiler:
Dear super-self-conscious Boolproppers:
So, I'm about as full of self-doubts as anyone else. I say all of this in hopes it helps your mindset.
I haven't been to therapy(even tho I prolly should have, but, ya know, they want money to do that, and then they aren't always worth the cash so . . .) :shrug:
Anyway, something to realize/keep in mind whether it's on the internet or IRL, is that most people are not actually focused on you, but rather they too are more focused on self-obsessing/self-doubting themselves.
The ones that ARE judging you because you come prepared to work, or eat bananas or whatever it is, just are not worth talking to. Period.
Also there is nothing you can do to make them like you because there will always be something they're nit-picking about everyone, and if you "fix" one thing they'll just pick at something else. I've met plenty of these. They are called assholes, and as I said, not worth your time/stress. F&^%$ them.
Now that we discussed that, remember that we are all Boolproppers! Most, if not all of the people you encounter here, within reasonable limits, are nice people.
A third thing to realize is that this is the internet m'kay? Most people, unless they're actively seeking you out/stalking you, (yeah thanks brain) you will never meet, unless you choose to. Literally nobody's opinion on the internet, truly matters to you personally; everyone basically has a right to say and do whatever they want online(again within reasonable/legal limits) but if somebody bugs you, you either just don't talk to them or you can block them. There's some kinda recourse in place for the people you want to avoid, is my point.
So the next time you get the "Oh god what if they don't like me for commenting this" anxieties, just stop and think about whatever of these points are helpful, and POST IT ANYWAY. :woot:
I meant it when I called them "stupid self-critical thoughts", and that was the nicest way I could put them.

Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
Duhmee
Steam ID: Duhmee17
Origin ID: Duhmee89
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Duhmee »

modelmgt - what you said makes perfect sense! We should all try to remember those points when we are doubting ourselves on the internet! Thank you for posting that! :)
[align=center]Sims 4 Newbie![/align]
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]You Still Make My Crazy Little Heart Go BOOM! Baby Boom Challenge[/align]
[align=center]The Comedy Legacy[/align]
[align=center]Jenny Debris, Living the Trashy Life[/align]
[align=center]A Pleasant Legacy[/align]
[align=center]Image[/align]
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Teresa wrote:My comments are generally: "Looks great" "sounds great" "doing great". And then I feel that that isn't enough and if I am going to comment I have to pick out specific things I liked etc, so I end up not commenting because normally, I think it is great, but don't know what to say specifically, so I end up not commenting at all.
I'm like that too, and English isn't my first language so sometimes it's difficult to just post my spontaneous thoughts because my brain has to translate them and then they don't feel spontaneous anymore. :hmm:
modelmgt
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

Duhmee wrote:modelmgt - what you said makes perfect sense! We should all try to remember those points when we are doubting ourselves on the internet! Thank you for posting that! :)
Aww.. thanks Duhmee.. glad I could help. :)

Fugly Scrapbook & Polls

Return to “Suggestions and Help”