..... 2021 WRITING PROMPT CHALLENGES .....

Our 2021 Writing Prompt Challenges
Pop in and have a go - there are 5 different challenges to chose from
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

..... 2021 WRITING PROMPT CHALLENGES .....

Post by itsjulie »

2021 PROMPT LIST WRITING CHALLENGES

For 2021 we have provided four different writing Prompt lists for you to play with .....

..... Picture Prompts ..... Dialogue Prompts ..... One Word Prompts ..... Random Prompts .....

Each Prompt list contains 365 Prompts .... yes that is one for every day of the year.
Which means that there is a total of 1,460 different prompts for you to choose from!!!

(cough! the full 365 prompt lists will be finished very shortly)

To go along with the Prompts Lists ... we have created a variety of different challenges that you might like to take part in.
We know that everyone has different capabilities, so we hope we have provided a challenge that suits you!!

CHALLENGE 1

The Monthly Prompt Challenge

Each month choose one prompt.

So by the end of the year, you will have 12 pieces of writing.

The prompts you chose to work with, must be from the month that you are doing.
ie - you are working on your January writing ... the prompt must come from the January prompts.

You can take your prompt from any of the four prompt lists.

CHALLENGE 2

The Weekly Prompt Challenge

Once a week choose one prompt

So by the end of the year, you will have 52 pieces of writing.

The prompts you chose to work with, must be from the month that you are doing.
ie - you are working on your January writing ... the prompt must come from the January prompts.

You can take your prompt from any of the four prompt lists.

CHALLENGE 3

The 100 Prompt Challenge

Take the whole year to create 100 different pieces of writing from 100 of our prompts.
Any 100 prompts from all four of our prompt lists.

CHALLENGE 4

The Daily Prompt Challenge

Can you create something for the whole 365 days of 2021??!!
That is 365 pieces of writing, created from 365 of our prompts - one for every day of the year!!

Just think ... a drabble a day .... what are 100 words a day??!!!

You can also mix it up between our four Prompt lists, that way you have four options for every day of the year!!

CHALLENGE 5

The I am Random Challenge

If you don't want to tie yourself down to any of the challenges, but you like the idea of popping in occasionally, to do a bit of writing, when the mood takes you.
Then this is your challenge.

You have the whole year to pop in at your leisure, pick a prompt, and create a piece of writing.

See how many pieces you can do throughout the year ... you might surprize yourself!

HOW TO TAKE PART IN ONE OF OUR CHALLENGES

MAKING YOUR THREAD
Make yourself a thread in our 2021 writing challenge Forum
example .. Julies 2021 Writing Challenges

This is your thread to add all of your prompt writing to.
Keeping it all in one place will make it easier for you to organise, as well as easier for the moderators to see when you are due your rewards.

... ORGANISE YOUR THREAD
Depending on which challenge you decide to do ... it would help you and me if you organise your thread in advance.
This way you can keep your thread in order and it gives you the whole year to do your challenge at your leisure.

Monthly Prompt challenge
When you create your thread make 12 posts on your thread .... January - February - March - April ect
so you have your whole years challenges set out - for you to go into anytime you want to.
Weekly Prompt challenge
When you create your thread make 52 posts on your thread ... numbered 1 - 52
so you have your whole years challenges set out - for you to go into anytime you want
The 100 Prompt Challenge
When you have created your thread you can either make 100 posts numbered 1 - 100 or just create each post throughout the year as you do your prompt writing.
When you create your thread make 365 posts on your thread ... one for every day of the year (ouch!) putting them in date order
so you have your whole years challenges set out - for you to go into anytime you want to.
This will be especially good for you, because if you are not feeling a few days - you can go ahead and do other days then go back to the days you werent feeling.
When you create you thread .... say in your thread header ... "I am Random"
Then you just make your writing posts as and when you want to.

...LABELING YOUR POSTS -
It is important that you add the Prompt, the Date of the prompt and which list you have taken it from, to the top of your post.

... SPOILERS ...
Please put all your writing into spoilers

...PLEASE DO NOT POST ON OTHER MEMBERS CHALLENGE THREADS...
We have provided a Writing Challenge general chat thread for you to natter on.

...I DONT WANT TO WRITE ON FORUM POSTS ... I WANT TO WRITING ON MY BLOG...

:lol: I can see this one coming!!
By all means do your writing on your blog - but can you not copy and paste it into your challenge post when you have finished it.
If you really, really don't want to do that ... then add the link to your writing onto the correct challenge post on your thread.

Your Rewards ......

The Monthly Prompt Challenge
Winners Choice medal
The Weekly Prompt Challenge
Medal
The 100 Prompt Challenge
Medal
Medal
Winners Choice medal when completed 12 ... otherwise, a member star for each peice of writing done up to 12.

Stars and points rewards are yet to be decided - depending on how your challenges go

If you have any problems or questions please pop them on this thread

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed

Return to “2021 Writing Prompt Challenges”