Hi there!

Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of Boolprop before, please re-introduce yourself and include your previous user names, if they have changed.
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Hi there!

Post by Vooogerbits »

Hi Simmers,

My name is Molly, I'm 25 and I'm from the UK, now living in Germany doing a PhD. I've been a big fan of the sims since it came out and I was very wee, and my favourite is sims 2. I own sims 4 but never got into sims 3- 2 is where it's at for me (and 1 for the nostalgia/music, ofc!). I don't know how but I completely missed the challenges trend within the sims 2 so was really happy recently to discover that lots of people still love the sims 2 and share their stories. That's what led me here, can't wait to read all the fab looking stories here!

I'm posting my current legacy on my wordpress site: https://gerbitsimstories.wordpress.com/. It's the first challenge I've ever attempted and I'm loving it so far! I've also got a 'story' of sorts of a bunch of sims at college and what they get up to (mostly following their love lives, as it turned out).

I look forward to chatting with fellow simmers :D

Byee!
Happy Pride!!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Hi there!

Post by Teresa »

Welcome to Boolprop!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Trip
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: PM for details
Origin ID: InfraGreen
French Southern Territories

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Trip »

Welcome! The TS2 side of this site is active here and I might not fit in there but you shall. ;) Good luck on WordPress and with your PhD.
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Thank you both! :D
Happy Pride!!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Welcome, I am a Sims 2 fan myself, have tried 3 and 4 not my cup of tea but i do read quite lot of the stories though. There is lots to do here, as well as the stories, there also fun and games, and we also do seasonal events too. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

Welcome, fellow sims 2 player :wave:

What are you doing your PhD in?
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

peachy123uk wrote:Welcome, I am a Sims 2 fan myself, have tried 3 and 4 not my cup of tea but i do read quite lot of the stories though. There is lots to do here, as well as the stories, there also fun and games, and we also do season events too. :)
Thank you! :) Yes, I'm already loving exploring the stories from all the games. That's great to hear! :bounce:
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Rex wrote:Welcome, fellow sims 2 player :wave:

Hello hello! It's in Linguistics, in the realms of syntactic change and language contact. Sims has always been my number one method of switching off during my studies :) What do you do? :)
Happy Pride!!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Hey and welcome! I feel the same about Sims 2. Never really was interested in 4 and while I do find some things appealing in 3, that game can be a challenge to run without a state-of-the-art PC.

But yes, enjoy the stories! There are lots to choose from.
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Calamity Jade wrote:Hey and welcome! I feel the same about Sims 2. Never really was interested in 4 and while I do find some things appealing in 3, that game can be a challenge to run without a state-of-the-art PC.

But yes, enjoy the stories! There are lots to choose from.
Thank you! (Love your username). I bought Sims 3 when it came out and my pc couldn't handle it, and I don't looove the aesthetics. I'll probably try it again when I have a good enough pc, and meanwhile enjoy the stories hehe.
Happy Pride!!
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Vooogerbits wrote:

Hello hello! It's in Linguistics, in the realms of syntactic change and language contact. Sims has always been my number one method of switching off during my studies :) What do you do? :)
I'm sure hearing simlish really helps you switch off from your studies. :mrgreen:

Sims good, me relax, of syntax remember help forget hours me grammar no think need do I. ^^
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

Well 'Hi there' yourself, Vooogerbits! I do love to meet another Sims 2 addict. :toast:
Also the bit of background you gave is interesting to me as I supposedly have some German heritage.
Welcome to Boolprop and I hope you enjoy our stories :)
Cororon wrote: Sims good, me relax, of syntax remember help forget hours me grammar no think need do I. ^^
^ Yep, that's good Englishing. :yes: 8-)
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Cororon wrote:
Vooogerbits wrote:

I'm sure hearing simlish really helps you switch off from your studies. :mrgreen:

Sims good, me relax, of syntax remember help forget hours me grammar no think need do I. ^^
Hahaha I have thought before if Simlish was a proper language I'd be too distracted by analysing it than playing the game :P I watched a very interesting video about how even though it's nonsense, Simlish still uses American English phonemes- otherwise it might sound *too* alien to Americans/other English speakers.
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

modelmgt wrote:Well 'Hi there' yourself, Vooogerbits! I do love to meet another Sims 2 addict. :toast:
Also the bit of background you gave is interesting to me as I supposedly have some German heritage.
Welcome to Boolprop and I hope you enjoy our stories :)
Cororon wrote: Sims good, me relax, of syntax remember help forget hours me grammar no think need do I. ^^
^ Yep, that's good Englishing. :yes: 8-)

The Sims 2 has aged like fine wine! :newyear:
That's cool! My Oma was German (hence why we called her Oma) but unfortunately she didn't teach any of her children German and passed away when I was 5. So my German blood/family has not helped me haha. I did German at school and have always wanted to move here to become fluent, and the fact I can get my PhD at the same time was too tempting :)

Thank you very much! I'm having a blast just exploring!
Happy Pride!!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Apparently I totally missed your intro, but WELCOME!!! I am also generally a sims 2 player, although my TS2 stories have taken a bit of a backseat to my TS4 stories of late, but I agree, TS2 is probably my favorite. Glad to have you and hope you have lots of fun here, it's a great place!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

ciyrose wrote:Apparently I totally missed your intro, but WELCOME!!! I am also generally a sims 2 player, although my TS2 stories have taken a bit of a backseat to my TS4 stories of late, but I agree, TS2 is probably my favorite. Glad to have you and hope you have lots of fun here, it's a great place!
Thank you!! Woo for Sims 2! I'll be sure to check your stories out :D I'm already having a blast :)
Happy Pride!!

Return to “Introductions”