Crystal Cove BACC - Updated 8/9

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Crystal Cove BACC - Updated 8/1

Post by FunkyFresh »

Yay, another BACC to follow! You’re doing great so far, I’m definitely going to keep reading.
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

Marnie

Post by Marnie »

FunkyFresh wrote:Yay, another BACC to follow! You’re doing great so far, I’m definitely going to keep reading.
What a coincidence! I just started reading Crimson Falls! :tongue:
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

So I may or may not have broken my installation in the process of trying to set up my medieval game. Luckily, I have a backup of Crystal Cove, but it's from last week and a few updates ago. I'll update y'all with any changes!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Ah yes, Suzette is still on the stunner track :wink:

I agree, really wish the restorable car could be used on community lots - they scream junkyard/body shop/car repair business. Wonder if there's a mod somewhere for that?

I had the same problem with the styling chair, but found a solution and posted it here awhile back:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1113&hilit=styling

How do you calculate taxes? I do 10% of the home lot plus any owned business values from the neighborhood screen. This keeps a lot of my BaCC families pretty broke, but I'm just over halfway to a public Uni. The intentionally poor households are exempt from paying tax. My tax collection almost doubles with each week completed. I will have well over $800K by the end of Week 6 with 33 households, so I will get my first public uni in Week 7 at the latest, and at this rate it should speed up in future rounds. I know some players have their households donate extra windfalls (cash perks? bags of genie cash?) to speed it up a bit.

Hope you get everything with Crystal Cove sorted out!
Image Image
ISTJ
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

Lorinsv wrote:Ah yes, Suzette is still on the stunner track :wink:

I agree, really wish the restorable car could be used on community lots - they scream junkyard/body shop/car repair business. Wonder if there's a mod somewhere for that?

I had the same problem with the styling chair, but found a solution and posted it here awhile back:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1113&hilit=styling

How do you calculate taxes? I do 10% of the home lot plus any owned business values from the neighborhood screen. This keeps a lot of my BaCC families pretty broke, but I'm just over halfway to a public Uni. The intentionally poor households are exempt from paying tax. My tax collection almost doubles with each week completed. I will have well over $800K by the end of Week 6 with 33 households, so I will get my first public uni in Week 7 at the latest, and at this rate it should speed up in future rounds. I know some players have their households donate extra windfalls (cash perks? bags of genie cash?) to speed it up a bit.

Hope you get everything with Crystal Cove sorted out!
Thank you so much for the tips, fixes, and commentary! I used to calculate the taxes as 5% of the lot value, but I think that leaves the majority of the funds untouched and unused so I took inspiration from you and decided to do 10% of both lot value and family funds. It's definitely improved the town bank account, I can tell you that much!

I actually did find a better backup of Crystal Cove, so I have a new update today - the Dubois' Spring of Year 2!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Crystal Cove BACC - Updated 8/9

Post by peachy123uk »

Trying downloading some bunk beds, helps a lot when there is no room for beds.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”