Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

SimNaNo 2020: Signups

Post by Livvielove »

Hello all! Please be sure you read and understand SimNaNo 2020 Rules before proceeding! Here is where we'll be hosting SIGN-UPS for the event. All questions should be asked in the Coffeehouse! When it's time to start posting (on July 1st), you'll post your updates on the Update Thread. So, without further ado, here's how you sign up!
Please post in this thread with your:
:check: Story Name
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link (if one is available)
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo (this is required for official sign ups!)
:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did (not required, but highly encouraged so we can support each other!)
:check: If you want a different name other than your FORUM name used on your progress banner, please indicate that!

If you ever wish to change your goal, please put it in a separate post in this thread! If you wish to be doubly safe, feel free to PM me as well with it, but it must be in this post as a NEW reply so that I can see it. I won't be checking old posts on here to see if they've been edited (that'd be a lot of work for me to do) and I want to be sure I can accommodate everyone's goals as they change and grow over the month.

Remember if you're having trouble setting a personal goal, here's some examples provided from the rules:
Spoiler:
Hi, I have my Ghibli Legacy, which averages about 1,500 words and 100 pictures per update. I feel I can easily do 5 updates in a month, so let me challenge myself and say 7 updates, which would total 10,500 words and 700 pictures.

I'd like to sign up with Where the Willow Walks, which I can usually do about 5000 words and 120 pictures per chapter. I've done 3-4 chapters in a month and I kind of push my limits, so I'm happy settling on between 3 and 4 for this! Let's do 17,000 words and 350 pictures!

Hello, I'm starting a new story and HERE is the link where it'll be. As I'm starting new, I'd like to challenge myself to write 10,000 words this month and 175 pictures. I have no trouble writing, but I want to challenge myself on my images specifically, so my goal will be emphasizing that!

I'm starting a new challenge for this, and HERE'S the link! I tend to not be very verbose in my challenges, so I'd like to just do a picture goal. Let's say 1,000 pictures! I can easily do 100 pictures an update, and I'd love to do 10 updates this month! Let's do this!

I've got a story I'd like to do this with, and HERE is that link for you! I don't really like taking pictures that much, as my game can be slow and sometimes it doesn't show what I want, but I want to challenge me to write more! I'm setting my goal to be 25,000 words! I'd love to do half a NaNoWriMo normally! I'm up for the challenge!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: SimNaNo 2020: Signups

Post by Teresa »

:check: Story Name:
Rhodes to Riches

:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link (if one is available):
Rhodes to Riches

:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo (this is required for official sign ups!):
25,000 (words, not images). I am not going to set a picture goal as the words are where I need the push.

:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did (not required, but highly encouraged so we can support each other!):
I haven't been playing or writing for the past few months and this is a stretch but doable, if I can average a post every other day for the month. I am hopeful that once I get to playing, I can reach the top goal of 50,000, but that will be the super stretch this year.

:check: If you want a different name other than your FORUM name used on your progress banner, please indicate that!:
Teresa works perfectly for me.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Blamsart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: 76561198311960642
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Blamsart »

Hiiiiii

I have my story, Light the way to heaven, that I want to finish.
I'm kind of doing a resumé finish up so I don't and won't have a boolprop thread for it until I'm at least done (which means, not this month).
I can, however, give a link to the word doc I'll be working on! So:

Light the way to heaven - END is my story! My personal goal is to write 20K of it this month and finish it. I'd do an update of it every 2K, which brings me to 10 updates this month! And for proof, I can share a screenshot of the word count I have for every update :D

Per usual this event looks fantastic thanks to you! Hi thanks for your hard work AND the hard work you're going to do this month :heartbeat:
The Pasta Legacy
TS4 Legacy

Idiot+Insane+Crazy = Idanezy
An ISBI that is both Alphabetacy and Whishacy
help me

Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

:check: Story Name: Comic Summer
:check: Link: viewtopic.php?f=247&t=6404
:check: Personal Goal: 25,000 words / 500 pictures
:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal: I want to get as far as I can through my Comic Summer OWBC challenge and if I continue to post every other day through July these goals should be doable, but will make me write a little more and take a few more pictures than I have been on average.
:check: Banner Name: Ciyrose is fine

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by calientequeen »

:check: Story Name: The Sun Random Legacy
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6472
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo: I'd like to try and get 10,000 words and 500 pictures, posting a couple times a week. I *think* this is manageable...but this may have to be altered depending on how July goes!
:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did: my posts usually average around 20-25 pictures and around 300-400 words, so I'd really like to push myself into more of a steady commentary and produce longer updates with more pictures!
:check: If you want a different name other than your FORUM name used on your progress banner, please indicate that! I'd prefer my banner to say Sephy rather than my forum name if that's okay!
Last edited by calientequeen on June 27th, 2020, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mionax
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Mionax »

Forest Names
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6398
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo
5k words
100 pictures
:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did (not required, but highly encouraged so we can support each other!)
I need to write more.
:check: If you want a different name other than your FORUM name used on your progress banner, please indicate that!

Mionax is good.
Last edited by Mionax on June 12th, 2020, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image
Mionax's GBOC

Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image[/align]
Trip
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: PM for details
Origin ID: InfraGreen
French Southern Territories

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Trip »

:pizza: Story Name: "Forgotten Children" (working title)
:pizza: Link to the story's Boolprop link (if one is available): N/A
:pizza: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo (this is required for official sign ups!): Updating twice a week with chapters of either 1,500+ words or 25+ images. Or both.
:pizza: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did (not required, but highly encouraged so we can support each other!): I've been in a rut writing-wise for a while now and that would put me back to what I considered "normal" once for a more plot-oriented story. Like one where I have to make poses but not for EVERY shot.
:pizza: If you want a different name other than your FORUM name used on your progress banner, please indicate that!: nah
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

:check: Story Name: Second Chances Baby Boom
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link: viewtopic.php?f=247&t=6441
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo: 25k words, 500 pictures
:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did (not required, but highly encouraged so we can support each other!): I want to challenge myself to get back into writing more of a story, somewhat plotty somewhat slice of life. Basically do something narration style over commentary. I’m not sure how many pictures I’ll take since I haven’t started this story, but I figured 500 was a good starting point. Last year I really struggled with my picture goal, so much so that I ended up adding additional challenges just to reach it. Since I want to focus on just this one challenge, I lowered it. I’m bad with picture taking, so 500 is still going to be a challenge to me.
108sims is fine
Last edited by 108sims on June 18th, 2020, 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

I am not sure yet - it will more likely be "Back to the Ugli Past" or whatever new challenge I start for the Summer Challenge, OR I might start something new because I have had a story rattling around in my head for AGES that I need to get out.
not available yet
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo (this is required for official sign ups!)
25,000 words and no picture count.
Well it is time I pulled my finger from out of my but - the last time i did any serious playing or writing is nearly TWO YEARS ago - I would like to say the 50,000 word goal because I know on a good day (mentally) I am more than capable of it - but i am constantly stuck in bad day mode, so I am going to say 25,00 words. Bearing in mind I have written nothing for so long - I need to ease myself back in gently - and even doing any writing at all for me at the moment will be a chore to start with!! I am not putting a picture count on this because my "pet hate" with simlit is having to supply screenshots, which has always held me back when really I would love the freedom to just write and maybe only supply one picture for each chapter of waffle that i create!! I know that wont be possible if I do one of the challenges, be I definitely dont want to be counting pictures.
Just ... Julie ....will do you can drop the "its" :lol:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

:check: Story Name: Dear Diary
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link: viewtopic.php?f=247&t=6412
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo : 500 pictures 5000 words (could change)
:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did: to do with the summer challenge/Boolprop challenge
:check: If you want a different name other than your FORUM name used on your progress banner, please indicate that! Peachy will do
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did (not required, but highly encouraged so we can support each other!): My main goal for SimNaNo is to update all of my stories regularly. Which is why my word/picture goals are on the low end. I don't want to worry about hitting a picture or word count. I want to get updates out without worrying about things like that. I'm also going to be trying to update my other stories not listed here, but wanted to give myself the ability to just drop a story without feeling like I've given up.

Eorzea Files is my main one.

:check: Story Name: Eorzea Files, an OWBC
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link (if one is available): viewtopic.php?f=247&t=6402
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo (this is required for official sign ups!): 4000 words, 80 pictures

:check: Story Name: Random Branches
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link (if one is available): viewtopic.php?f=48&t=345
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo (this is required for official sign ups!): 2000 words, 25 pictures

:check: Story Name: Branches of Wood
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link (if one is available): viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6237
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo (this is required for official sign ups!): 400 words, 20 pictures

:check: Story Name: Rebuilding Lucky Palms
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link (if one is available): viewtopic.php?f=48&t=6215
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo (this is required for official sign ups!): 500 words, 20 pictures

Will adjust if these seem too high as I progress through the month.
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

:pencil: Story Name: The Legacy of the Lost
:pencil: A link to the story: The Legacy of the Lost
:pencil: Personal Goal for SimNaNo: 100 pictures and 5000 words, in 5 updates
:pencil: A Bit About Why you picked your goal: The main goal I have for SimNaNo is to even start getting better at updating more frequently and to slow down my play style instead of trying to speed through everything. So I'm going to try and start a new legacy at the start of this event and aim to be better about posting and making sure I'm telling a cohesive and enjoyable story and to get better into the practice of posting updates.
Last edited by Faye Silver on June 15th, 2020, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

We've Got Spirits ISBI

uh, I'll add the link later, though it does have a thread

I'm hoping to get an update a week done for it

This poor little story has been so neglected. An update each week sounds like no problem, but since I haven't done ANY updating in MONTHS, I'm trying to adjust my expectations while still pushing myself. If I can get more, happy surprise!

somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Story Name: The ABCs of Genetics
Link to the story's Boolprop link: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=6175
Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo: 10,000 words / 800 pics. I average around 70 pics and 800 words per update, so this would be around 11-12 updates.
A little bit about why you picked the goal you did: Normally, I'd have no issues hitting 25k, or even 50k with the allowed prep. But I'm also trying really hard to finish my actual novel by September, so don't want to stretch myself too thin.
I may also include some posts from my as-yet-unposted Summer Sweet Lips Challenge, but the main focus will be the Name Game/Genetics Roulette.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

:check: Simfulicious's SimNaNo 2020
:check: Rags to Riches (Eco Lifestyle)/No Buy Mode Mashup!
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo: Between 5-10 updates.
:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did: I haven't played the game consistently in about a year, and I want to focus on that. I'm not a writer by any means, and so I don't want to stress myself out with a word count. My biggest problem is playing the game...I'm good at spitting out the updates after I actually play.
:check: If you want a different name other than your FORUM name used on your progress banner, please indicate that! Simfulicious or Becky (whichever is easier for you!)
wyldhawke
Origin ID: IllusoryThrall
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by wyldhawke »

Guess who's back this year?? I am so excited!

:check: Thrall's Ramblers
:check: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=5510
:check: 16 posts - at least one week of Sim-time, 800 words done commentary style and at least 30 pictures.
:check: I tend to do quite a few pictures, so I doubt the picture goal will be very difficult, and 800 words should be easy. It's the 16 posts that'll be the challenge. One every other day starting the first of July. (These guys are in House 11 currently, and I should definitely get into House 12, possibly 13 by the end of Simnano.)

:check: Tails of Sulani
:check: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=5459
:check: 15 posts - at least 800 words done story style and at least 20 pictures.
:check: Again, the challenge here is quantity of posts and keeping them at a decent story quality. Words and pictures shouldn't be an issue (although I did drop the word quota down from the 1000 I did last year, that was hard to stick with.) This family is currently in Generation 3, and I hope to finish Gen 3 by the end of Simnano.

The main reason I'm doing two challenges alternating days is to give myself a break from writing story every single day like I did last year, and these are the two challenges I really want to get to advance farther through the generations. Every single day in story mode was extremely hard last year, and I'm hoping this will be a little easier on the having inspiration front. Total word count wise, I want to get at least 25,000 words for the month and at least 800 pictures.

:check: Wyldhawke is just fine!
Origin ID: Wyldhawke / Sims 4 forum ID: illusorythrall
Challenges by me: Apartment Switch|Master Simmer|Timeline Adventure|Misery2Mansions
Alternate Rules by me: Hard Mode Decades|Extended Not So Berry|Mermaid Legacy
Check me out on Twitch: https://twitch.tv/illusorythrall

ImageImageImage
DewDropDizzy
Origin ID: kyriekaimei
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by DewDropDizzy »

:check: The Greenburrows
:check: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6432
:check: I'd like to do at least 5,000 Words, 100 pictures. Honestly, just finishing the first generation would be great! It's a low goal but I'm just starting the story for SimNo.
:check: It'll be more pictures than words I believe, but I just want that first generation done and I'll feel good about hitting my goals!

I just want to finish a single generation in a reasonable time and improve my ability to write for my Sims while not taking it too seriously. That'd be awesome!
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

My as-of-yet unpublished story will be part of a collection of stories from the Simsville Vignettes. There is no thread yet. My tentative goal is 10,000 words and 100 pictures, which is what I expect will come out of 3 chapters.
This story is very different than anything I've done, as it is 100% posed and pre-written, so to start and finish it in July would be a great feat for me! :D I hope to treat it as a fun writing exercise.
hello! :heartbeat:
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

:check: Story Name: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy
:check: Link: this guy
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo: 350 pictures / 10,000 words / 5 updates
:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did: Well the last time I updated was the only post I produced for SimNano2019 and I'm still far across the sea from my PC and it'd be really embarrassing if I got through two years abroad and a global pandemic and wasn't somewhat productive. Also I halved last year's goal because I am truly mediocre.
:check: If you want a different name other than your FORUM name used on your progress banner, please indicate that!: Gryffindork is cool. I mean it's really not but for all intents and purposes...
Image Image Image
Mionax
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Mionax »

I apologize if you've already completed a banner for me. I need to change my entry to this...

Nothing specific yet.
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link
No link
:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo
2,500 words
I need to write more. I'm changing my entry to a smaller goal and no story mentioned. I do this because 5k was too daunting for me and Forest Names challenge is coming to an end sooner than expected and is a commentary not a story.
Mionax is good.
[align=center]Image
Mionax's GBOC

Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image[/align]

Return to “SimNaWriMo Archive”