March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC Sept. 4th

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC June 26th

Post by Ani-Mei »

Trip:
Spoiler:
I'll be playing soon, I have my heir, I have what he will become, now all I have to do is marry off the spares and release them into the SP wilds. Maybe evict some of the Townies who are taking multiple bedroom houses and only have like one person living in them. I'll probably have to put down some more houses too. Then we can see what kind of spare spawn there will be. I knew that after some socializing with the unicorn it would be an instant move in, pays to be prepared. :lol:
Ash:
Spoiler:
Chance is a happy surfer dude with his magic horse and his Master Thief career. I do feel bad that Lilah won't get her perfect garden though, I had to abandon ship at Isla Paradiso before I had the chance to build the perfect garden for her, then it was already fall so they would have gone dormant anyway. I may build the spares houses too, I just have to label it right when saving so the game will recognize the houses I build as viable options to move into, that's happened before. It's a bit annoying that Sims 3 has to do that. The wands are pretty good when you lay them all out, I should go back and write down what they are. I'll probably play tonight.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC July 1st

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
so annoying with the last name thing.
I always just have another family member invite other relatives over an hour or so before a party so everyone can be there,
Of course someone came to the wedding just so they could die.
Look forward to seeing those gen two babies!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Ash:
Spoiler:
Yeah I don't know how that ended up going like that. It's fixed now and Orchid already has a kid with Waylon, the gen 3 babies, since I count the founders as Gen 1, will be in the next chapters. And I have to go take pics of my Clubhouse too, and figure out how to upgrade it. I built it in a way that makes that tough without having to build five stories on it to get the value it wants for the rank up. Thanks for reading!
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Ominous title. :eek: (I am happy to see Orlando is heir though. He was my favorite of the kids.)

Sims never seem to want to sit down at weddings.

Brianna did not have the best wedding. At least she got to marry the man she loves, though.

Maybe Orlando has a soft spot for his twin.

That bug is giant and terrifying!

Just think of it as saving the best for last Orlando. ;)

The dog gnome is super cute. I don't think I've gotten that one before either.

Good at least the funeral wasn't any of the family's. That probably sounds bad.

I had to laugh at Orlando's try for baby approach. At least Faith didn't mind it.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Trip
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: PM for details
Origin ID: InfraGreen
French Southern Territories

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Trip »

Spoiler:
Sims won't sit in benches for weddings, they need chairs! I'm only saying this because I hold a deep respect for whoever told me that because me in the long ago was ready to cry.

I didn't vote for Orlando (sorry!) but I am really interested in him and his witch wife after all.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Time to catch up again. I seem to get 2 chapters behind. :)

Chapter 5:
Spoiler:
YAY for the unicorn finally!!! He's a handsome unicorn too. So happy that he got that, it's great, and I LOVE the secret room. It looks great!
Chapter 6:
Spoiler:
Poor Sage!! That is terrifying. The wedding was pretty though. Awww, the new pupper is super cute, even if he isn't staying for forever. All the weddings and stuff were super fun. Another great update, and excited to see babies soon. The game is really glitching on you, hopefully it will hold on.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Allison:
Spoiler:
I totally wasn't expecting to make titles for my chapters but that one just stuck with me for some reason, guess that feeling was right. I read another comment on here and found out that I need to put chairs out instead of benches and they will sit. :doh: good to know for the generation 3 kids and their weddings. That bug was bigger than Taylor's head...I have no idea how they mutate like that, guess it was just a generic coding for all bugs close up in Pets. The doggo gnome was possible with pets, I just didn't know how to trigger it to appear. Unless you know how to use Debug mode and can find all the gnomes in the buy catelogue which I don't. Orlando likes a good segeway when he's talking, now if he free will steals candy from his babies...well then his Evil trait will finally get some show.
Trip:
Spoiler:
Now I know I need chairs for generation 3's weddings, good to know. ^^ Orlando and Brianna were tied for a while then the tie broke but it was close for most of the time the poll was open. Faith actually has a unique face shape and I look forward to seeing how it blends with the Buckner family face. Only problem I'll have is that once the gen 3 spares grow up, there's no houses left to take, unless I evict some Townies who insist on playing musical chairs with moving so much. Or just turn off Immigration in NRAAS, I can do that too.
Cindy:
Spoiler:
Yes, Chance is now perma-plat and so far Lilah only has 5 of 8 perfect plants and there are no new ones waiting to grow. Unless I plant three more and HOPE they end up perfect. We shall see. I have to go back in and take some pictures of the Boolprop Clubhouse for the chapters and improve the lot because Sims 3 lets you rank up owned lots to get more money from them. I like the Secret Room too, I could build it bigger because I'm sure there's more stuff I could put in there, like a vampire slab bed to float on.

That pets glitch happens, I've seen it in other legacies, but I don't know HOW it happens or WHY. Sage is all better now though so he's still around. Though I did lose Brianna for a bit, she just up and vanished from the family thumbnails for a bit, that freaked me out. I reset the lot and she came back so my heart rate could return to normal again. :whew: She's now at the hands of SP so not my problem anymore. Orchid was the first one to have a baby though, right after Orlando's first born came along. I'm waiting to see others from Brianna and Ophelia pop up. Chance and Lilah want five grandbabies now.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Spoiler:
Jeez, this was such a glitchtastic nuptials. But at least you got everybody fixed, I hope?

Of course, it's sim-tradition for bride and groom to sit at separate tables, isn't it. :rotfl:

Really, you can only have same-sex parties? How does that make any sense.

Taylor is very cute, even if he does eat bugs. :sarcastic:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Jade:
Spoiler:
I guess so, I never saw any option for both genders to be invited to a party. Sage is good now, and I lost Brianna for a bit before she had her wedding but a lot reset fixed that. Still don't know where she went, guess she slipped into the fifth dimension coming back from work or something. :lol: I bought Orchid and Waylon a four bedroom house and almost immediately they had Mira Snypes living in it with them and I was like "Really? You just got married and you're already letting other women live you? Dude..." I hate SP for doing that, it's annoying. I may have to go on a Townie killing spree...it would free up some houses. :hmm:
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC July 7th

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I guess your sims find bed woohoo boring? Who knows. :lol:

It's good to see a baby is on the way though!

All part of being a witch Faith!

Vamp baby! At least he doesn't seem to be evil like Orlando, yet. An evil vampire could get out of hand.

Ooo Faith found the secret room. I love how you wrote her being drawn to it. I wonder if she'll go back again to practice more magic?

A motorcycle seems fitting for Orlando.

France does look super dark! It'd be kind of spooky but cool to just see Orlando's glowing eyes though.
[align=center]Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Allison:
Spoiler:
I guess they don't do the traditional woohoo anymore. I also have a No Pixel Blur mod so I don't show where they do go, it's usually the nearest shower. But for these two it's the elevator to the basement that they like better. I did some more playing last night, I just have to rename the pictures so I can find them easier when I write it up. All of the generation 3 babies have been born now, I just have to write it. The motorcycle was Ophelia's, I didn't pack it in her inventory before she moved out. Seems fitting her twin kept it though. France is REALLY dark, like at least Egypt has the lighted pyramids, it makes an amazing night shot too. China isn't super dark but it's still pretty close to France. I'll keep brightening my night time photos, Moonlight Falls and Dragon Valley are very bad without lighting mods. I don't like taking night shots in those worlds.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Oh Faith found the secret room. Nice. I wonder if she'll ever find her way back down there.
A vamp baby eh? Well alright then.
Oh wow I didn't realize that the garden secret was so glitchy or whatever. I did have a little trouble figuring out how to get in there myself, but I did actually figure it out without having to look the solution up online which I was super proud of. Now I'm even more proud of myself. LOL. And I totally agree it is too dark there. I was in it at night too, and barely got to see anything.
A motorcycle is so perfect for him!
I love Orlando and his dude ways. :)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Ash:
Spoiler:
Yeah if you want to find Tuatha's Garden without cheating you need Pangu's Axe from China which is a long quest, to break the rocks over the entrance to it. But besides that, it's the statues and badly places walls and stairs that make them route fail unless you can clear them out of the way or teleport. Lucian had a 50/50 chance of being a vampire or a witch, the two don't produce a hybrid very easily, like they need the ghost state as a binder or catelyst for them to become hybrids. I still have to get one before the end of generation 4 so the next spouse has to be a ghost. Orlando often takes Ophelia's hog for himself it suits him and his persona. I hope to get another chapter done up soon.
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC July 15th

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I love your design for the Boolprop club house! One thing I do love about TS3 in general is all the throw back items they included from TS2.

Wow harsh, stealing from your own baby? I guess Lucian's Absentminded trait is kind of a blessing since he won't remember it. Though that also means Orlando could just keep taking candy form him over and over.

I love all the gnomes gathering together. It's like some sort of secret get together.

I'm guessing no tattoos for pregnant sims just because of that contraption? Not sure a pregnant sim should go in there!

Her "failure" tattoos are kind of cute actually.

I guess I've never played much with the gnomes because I didn't realize they get a grave too when they pass on.
[align=center]Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC July 15th

Post by Ani-Mei »

Allison:
Spoiler:
Only the ordinary gnomes get graves, the special ones don't they are immortal. :lol: My EPIC has like 18 of them on the lot because they just keep appearing, unless you put them in a treasure chest they won't stop multiplying. Orlando wants to steal candy from his babies and toddlers, doesn't work on children and I've played far ahead now. But yeah he could get away with it over and over because Lucian won't remember it, but Prentice would. My gnome meetings happen everywhere, usually Laundry Bear is leading them since he was the first one I got. Lazy was a "smelted metal" gnome meaning if you send them in to be smelted you sometimes get the message that it was a magic gnome instead. I never tried to get tattoos on a pregnant Sim so I don't know if it would reject it or not, certainly rejects them from going in a hot tub. Faith's fail tats are kind of neat, I don't know how many she got I only counted three when she was wearing her last pregnancy outfit. Anyway, I like that clubhouse too. If I have to move hoods again, I may just pack it up like I do the extended families when I move so they don't have to leave their cousins or grandparents behind when they leave.
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC July 22nd

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
It's so hard not to add plot sometimes. Even when you tell yourself not to!

Orlando is probably relieved that it's the last baby, though that means no more babies to steal candy from.

Yay for a witch baby!

Nooo Chance can't die yet. :(

It's awesome that Mochi pleaded for Chance's life! Too bad he couldn't stick around.

I'm not sure what you have planned, since this is my first story of yours I've read, but I'm excited to see where you go!
[align=center]Image

Return to “Completed Boolprop Challenges”