United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Eco Lifestyle

Post by Mojo »

What are all your thoughts on the new EP coming out, Eco Lifestyle? I have to admit, I wasn't the happiest about it when it was announced. I thought "this is going to be the first EP that i don't buy right away." But after watching the Livestream of gameplay and everything that comes with it, I'm actually kind of excited for it!

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Eco Lifestyle

Post by Salem »

I was really dissspointed with the first couple of trailers of this pack, I feel the really didn't make justice to what the gameplay actually has to offer so yeah, after watching the livestream I have a very different opinion Bout it!

I really like how the eco-footprint is gonna be aviable for all worlds, I feel it will give an extra for us challenge simmers, like more depth for apocalipse challenges for example! I looooove that it doesn't push you to go green, one of the sim gurus even said herself that the Industrial mode is her favorite and that posibility really gives a lot of replay value to the pack! Also, so happy they included previous packs and base game ítems in the eco-footprint thing!

I was really into the aesthetic of the pack from the start so that's also a great plus! Really liking the new hoodies/jackets and the hairstyles!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

So I initially also wasn't super excited about this pack, and I didn't know there was a live stream, but after watching it I will say I'm still not 100% sure about the eco-footprint part itself, but I LOVE the new CAS stuff. The hairs are so cute, a lot of the clothes are adorable, so that part is great. I like the N.A.P.s I think those could be really fun to play with. I do like the new crafting stuff....I really like my sims to be crafty, so the fabrication things and candle making along with knowing there is a knitting pack coming, are all pretty cool to me and I am excited about that part. I'm very excited/happy about some of the things they are just giving for free to everyone that have been worked on for this pack, like sort inventory and ladders which is pretty awesome. I am stupidly excited about the gardening stuff. The idea of unlocking a hydroponic garden box is amazing, and also saving space with vertical gardens!!! AWESOME to me. The community spaces seem pretty cool after seeing how they go, and the fact there are firefighters will be really huge too. Overall, while the core "eco-footprint" portion of this pack is still not specifically interesting to me (I'll honestly probably turn it off most of the time) the fact it's an option is kind of fun and a lof of the things they have added outside of that are very cool.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

When I first heard of it and saw the first trailer, I felt this was a Stuff Pack level item. Then as time passed and more information was released, I began to see it as a Game Pack level item. But after the live stream, and seeing all of the stuff they are adding, I can see it as an Expansion. All that being said, I will probably turn the Eco footprint off by default, the same as I do for Fame. Then turn it on when I am specifically going to play it.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
moveobjectsron
Origin ID: taoare

Post by moveobjectsron »

I'm more or less on the same boat with everyone; the trailer didn't do it any justice whatsoever. I'm glad the team is implementing a bunch of new updates to make the game work better. The list is long but at least there's SOME updates to the BG.

As for the actual EP, I'm always excited to have new worlds, and I'm glad that a new EP's functions won't be limited to one world (à la Sulani and San Myshuno....). Not sure how much I'll make use of the gameplay outside of playing it a few times but I'm open to be surprised too.
[align=center]moveObjects_ron[/align]
[align=center]Dreamwidth[/align]
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I'm in the minority here, because I was sold on the pack based on the little blurb we got about the candle/juice/furniture-making aspect. :lol: I also don't think the trailers were as bad as people saying they are? I feel like some people (I'm pointing fingers at the sims subreddit specifically, because lots of them were dumping on the pack before it was even officially announced) may have just judged the pack a little too quickly, and are trying to backpedal now that we've been given more information. :lol:

Also, super excited for the big patch update we'll be getting beforehand!
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Oh that update is going to be amazing! I've been waiting for an inventory update for FOREVER!

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
Trip
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: PM for details
Origin ID: InfraGreen
French Southern Territories

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Trip »

I didn't understand the level of "anti-hype" for it (I've been routinely disappointed by EA for over a decade, this is really what makes the fandom almost go nuclear?) but yet again the patch excites me just a little more than the pack. I love patched in content.
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Alt-placing windows and doors is going to be gamechanging. And ladders! Definitely don't blame you for being more excited about the patch than the pack. :lol:
Mionax
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Mionax »

I think it will be fun to play.
[align=center]Image
Mionax's GBOC

Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image[/align]

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”