Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Cloning Neighborhoods

Post by Chase »

Hello everyone! Does anyone have experience with cloning neighborhoods? I figured it might be as simple as copying and pasting my neighborhood (a custom 'hood) and renaming it to another number, but I wasn't sure if that could cause corruption or something like that. I'm just super scared of corrupting my BaCC neighborhood. :P Anyone know if the way I mentioned works and if it's safe?
hello! :heartbeat:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Cloning Neighborhoods

Post by katrisims »

Hi Chase! Not sure if this is still relevant for you, but it just caught my eye and got me intrigued. :hmm: I don't have any personal experience in trying to clone 'hoods, nor am I an expert of any kind, but the question stirred something in my memory. I had a vague recollection that sometimes when sharing 'hoods, creators give instructions on what to do if you want the 'hood but already have one by that number. I did a bit of digging and found this post by Phaenoh on MTS. In the install instructions, it says basically to rename the folder and everything inside it:
If you already happen to have a N463, then I recommend the Bulk Rename Utility to change all the files from N463 to an available N###.
So if renaming everything works for moving a 'hood from one number to another, it sounds like you could use it to make an identical copy of an existing 'hood too? But again, I'm no expert in the matter. Better at least take a backup of everything before trying. :)

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”