From A to Z: Jungle Adventures 3/26/20

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Hrootbeer
Origin ID: Hrootbeer

From A to Z: Jungle Adventures 3/26/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

Having recently finished my story set in Strangerville, I have set my sights on Selvadorada.

Meet Avirelle Adamson, a archaeology student at the University of Britechester and Zaiden Bradshaw, a treasure hunter from Sulani. The two of them meet in Selvadorada where adventure awaits them in the jungle ruins. What treasures will they find? What dangers will they face? And will they ever find the legendary magical relics of the ancient Selvadoradan peoples?
ImageImage

Chapter List
Chapter 1: First Impressions
Chapter 2: Second Date
Chapter 3: Selvadorada Surprise
Chapter 4: Returning Home
Chapter 5: Old Friends
Last edited by Hrootbeer on March 26th, 2020, 12:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: From A to Z: Jungle Adventures 3/7/20

Post by LuckyDuck »

Ahh I am so happy you have a new story to read! :D
Spoiler:
EEE it's Ava's daughter, I'm so happy! I like that she's chosen to go an archaeological dig as well, nice way to start the story. Lilith, going to the jungle isn't about meeting cute guys, haha! Oh god, types like Lilith do my head in IRL, the types who think their 'brutal honesty' makes up for their lack of personality and emotional control! Russell sounds like such an annoying person to be sat with as well! I really love that Avi gets worked up over people who don't see archeology for the historical and cultural reasons as well, I can imagine it being annoying, and that every time she talks about archeology everyone is probably like 'OH LIKE INDIANA JONES THEN???'
At least all the others on the dig seem decent so far. Shame that some of the jungle locals were asses, but I'm glad Avi got some warning about poisonous snakes! I love that Zaiden is from Sulani! I did laugh when he said about 'digging dirt' because I knew Avi would be just be so mad. : P

To be fair Zaiden has a point, sometimes when it comes to excavations and such, history and culture can be totally overlooked just for the monetary side of things. I hope that Zaiden will realise he's been a bit forefront with his opinions and he and Avi can go off on their own adventures!
Love your writing as always < 3
Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

LuckyDuck wrote:Ahh I am so happy you have a new story to read! :D
Spoiler:
EEE it's Ava's daughter, I'm so happy! I like that she's chosen to go an archaeological dig as well, nice way to start the story. Lilith, going to the jungle isn't about meeting cute guys, haha! Oh god, types like Lilith do my head in IRL, the types who think their 'brutal honesty' makes up for their lack of personality and emotional control! Russell sounds like such an annoying person to be sat with as well! I really love that Avi gets worked up over people who don't see archeology for the historical and cultural reasons as well, I can imagine it being annoying, and that every time she talks about archeology everyone is probably like 'OH LIKE INDIANA JONES THEN???'
At least all the others on the dig seem decent so far. Shame that some of the jungle locals were asses, but I'm glad Avi got some warning about poisonous snakes! I love that Zaiden is from Sulani! I did laugh when he said about 'digging dirt' because I knew Avi would be just be so mad. : P

To be fair Zaiden has a point, sometimes when it comes to excavations and such, history and culture can be totally overlooked just for the monetary side of things. I hope that Zaiden will realise he's been a bit forefront with his opinions and he and Avi can go off on their own adventures!
Love your writing as always < 3
Thank you.
Spoiler:
And this isn't Ada's actual daughter, but I wanted to connect the stories at least with names. I originally had a different name for this character, but I really, really like Avirelle as a name and Avi for short. I can't wait to reveal more of Zaiden's personality. He sort of got away from me as a character while I was writing. I had to go back in and cheat a few of his traits to fit how he was coming across on paper. And it isn't just the writing getting away from me. The game threw me a curve ball, too, that completely changed the direction of the story I was planning to write. You'll see in the next chapter...
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

I actually just laughed out loud because I think I know what it might be. XD Also the next chapter of my CEA will have a familiar face as the star! I should have it done by later, maybe tomorrow. : )
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Jungle Adventures 3/13/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

This has been a very interesting week. I have been preoccupied with COVID-19 issues. I'm a teacher (as my about page mentions) in Washington State, the state hit the hardest with the virus. We have had a very uncertain week that ended with an announcement that all the schools in our state would be closed until April 24th. Beyond that, we have no idea how this will actually work for both students and teachers. If I have to be off work, I guess there are worse things that I could be doing than playing SIMS, but honestly, I don't even know if teachers will actually be off work even though there are no students. Technically, we still have to "work" but what that will look like, I don't know. I HATE not knowing! It's so frustrating. >.<

So anyway, I had my second chapter done and most of it played. I didn't want to post it until I had the 3rd part written as well. But, I have hit some writing snags due to being distracted. I am not in love with what I have written so far, but I decided to post today anyway. The 3rd part is 80% finished and I''m sure I will work through what I'm calling flow problems instead of writer's block. :|

In the meantime, enjoy Chapter 2: Second Date.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: From A to Z: Jungle Adventures 3/13/20

Post by LuckyDuck »

I hope things will sort out soon on the IRL front! COVID-19 is driving everyone wild. The mass media hysteria doesn't help either.
Spoiler:
I feel kind of bad for Avirelle. As much as she loves archaeology and excavation, there's always a chance of all the hard work to boil down to nothing but finding soil. Although Zaiden can be kind of an ass, his quips can be quite funny, but I hope he comes to respect Avi's art soon! I love that Avi didn't consider it a date, but Zaiden's all over it. : P He's such an arrogant ass, but I find him so funny. I laughed about him dragging her outside in her pyjamas. : P The waterfall shot is so pretty. I laughed even harder about him shaking the bridge and Avi threatening to slit Zaiden's throat! XD The sexual tension between these two is brilliant, and the banter. Those pink berries...I wonder if they're flirty ones? Welp, yeah, looks like maybe they were flirty berries! At least no one will catch them at it near an ancient ruin...well...hopefully. Unless the spiders are into that sort of thing. : P
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Jungle Adventures 3/16/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

Finished up Chapter 3. I get to spend a fair bit of time at home, so I guess I'll be writing and playing.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: From A to Z: Jungle Adventures 3/16/20

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
What a way to start the day! Surprise jungle baby! Not sure how Zaiden's going to feel about this, he doesn't strike me as anyone who'd want to be a dad! I'm glad that he's apologised though, even though it was mainly the berries that got them both a bit frisky. Maybe Zaiden is more decent than I thought! I love the discussion bout the 'Jungle WooHoo' and that the other girl would've gone back for more. XD I think it's good how it's set up though, that everyone just thinks it's a jungle virus. Buys Avi some more time. Although Lilith can be quite brash at least she can be protective. I love her plan to go 'beat him up' if he doesn't respond the call about the baby, haha!

Interesting to see that this wasn't part of the story plan as well with MCCC and the Random Woohoo, so I love how you blended that in with the story. Still, I hope she can find Zaiden!
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Jungle Adventures 3/21/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

Updated with Chapter 4: Returning Home. This is a somewhat shorter and more narrative chapter.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: From A to Z: Jungle Adventures 3/21/20

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
I love the design of Avi's parents! Love that Mum and Dad insist on Zaiden doing his part, which I hope he does. It's a shame they downsized without telling her! I like the way you portray the baby changing not just Avi's world, but also seemingly other people's perceptions of her. I also like the realism of babies not making everything better, and that not everything about the process is a positive thing for some people. Welcome baby Annessa! I hope that she can find Zaiden soon.
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Jungle Adventures 3/26/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

New update! This one is from Zaiden's PoV. We get to find out what he's been up to. Chapter 5: Old Friends
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
Wulf sounds like a bit of a coward who gets his men to do all the dirty work. The exchange between Wulf and Zaiden is interesting, I see someone else wants to beat him to the treasure perhaps. : O I hope the two can find each other soon. I love Zaiden's constant smug expression. XD Wulf's henchman is such an ass. I hope that Avi and Zaiden can find him and both give him a good kick-in : P
Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

LuckyDuck wrote:
Spoiler:
Wulf sounds like a bit of a coward who gets his men to do all the dirty work. The exchange between Wulf and Zaiden is interesting, I see someone else wants to beat him to the treasure perhaps. : O I hope the two can find each other soon. I love Zaiden's constant smug expression. XD Wulf's henchman is such an ass. I hope that Avi and Zaiden can find him and both give him a good kick-in : P
Spoiler:
I sort of pictured Wulf as a Hans Gruber type of a bad guy (Die Hard). I plan to bring the two lovers together in the next update. I haven't really thought of the complete resolve to the rivalry conflict, but I know exactly what I am planing for the relics :wink: I forgot to link the CC and poses I used on that last update, but for what I want, I'm having to find a lot of those. I am just glad I can use them. :applause:

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”