The Hatter Name Game: [hiatus]

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Hatter Name Game: Chapter 5 (13th March '20!)

Post by Salem »

Spoiler:
I already had asumed you had planned who would be heir so it's not weird lol honestly, with this kind le challenge me probably better to plan ahead! I would have done it too but I just really wanted to do heirpolls lol!

I feel a little better that I'm not the only one who takes way too many Winterfest pictures! I just love those little family moments xD I loved Father Winter asking them how they deal with five kids all the time lol you would think he's good at dealing with kids!

I love kid Cher and teen Abi! I actually want to ask if you're planning on getting the spares on the gallery! I know I would love to use one of more of them as future spouses for my challenges so I'm curious xD

J keeps being an amazing dad! I love him, and I love how you just get super sttached yo the premades once you marry one le them xD we just love our sims!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Spoiler:
I've never heard of this challenge before, but it sounds interesting! Probably not something that I'd give a go, but I am very bad at long, generational challenges. :lol:

The kids are all super cute, and J seems to be a pretty good family man, despite that non-committal trait! I love that the game assigned him that tank top as his hot weather wear, it's just so perfect for him. :lol:

"They sang that New Years Eve song that I can never remember the words to. And stopped halfway through a verse. But they tried, and that's the main thing." I feel like that's exactly how that would go down in real life - does anyone ever remember all the words to it?

I feel like getting sims to read regardless has always been tricky. I don't know why, they just seem to put their books down at any chance they get in this game.

Looking forward to seeing more!
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Just found this and read through all the updates quickly. It's super fun! I love your choice of spouse and all the kids are adorable. You're asking for trouble with the longer names, though - the house is always going to be full!
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
PinkBell

Post Counts

Post by PinkBell »

Spoiler:
I just read all of the updates. Love J as a spouse, and all of the kids are so adorable. Kind of love how the boys got the blonde hair, and the girls are brunettes. They all look so adorable - and different. J seems to look like a douche, but is a 'secret' family man :bounce:
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]Currently Attempting: The Green Aliens[/align]
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Hatter Name Game: Chapter 6 (16th March '20!)

Post by Sam »

peachy123uk:
Spoiler:
A nice mix of behaviour :D I love the neighbourhood, it's so nice! I picked the heir :)
108sims:
Spoiler:
I admire your courage :lol:

It's probably my least favourite skill. It's sad that we're at the last toddler of the generation already, but I'm so glad I'm not potty training anymore!

That might help! :D

I love that neighbourhood in the snow!

He has a pretty easy job, the kids are always happy to see him and he gets to duck out after five minutes!

I wonder if it used to be easier??
Salem:
Spoiler:
I've planned as much as I possibly can to get all 26 letters :lol: I'd quite like to do an heir poll, but I also like knowing what's going on :D

I take far, far too many pictures of the family moments! They're just so cute, it's hard not to! Father Winter has it fairly easy, he just turns up, hands out a gift and then leaves again :lol:

He's so much better than I expected! I am really quite attached to him now :D Both he & Alice are elders in game now, and I'm really not looking forward to losing them :(
Heather:
Spoiler:
It's quite a neat challenge :D I must admit the potential for there to be a lot of generations made me hesitate, but I am having a lot of fun so I'm glad I decided to give it a go.

I love all of the kids, and I'm pleasantly surprised by J! He's way better than I expected. That tank top was made for J :lol: it's too perfect!

I think most of us know the first line, and then just pretend we know more when the moment comes? :lol: so yeah, pretty accurate to life!

They're so easily distracted! It's so strange!

Thank you! :)
somebodysangel:
I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's a lot of fun to play. J was a pleasant surprise, I'm so glad I kept him around! I love all the kids :) I'm bringing in the third generation right now in game, and it is pure madness trying to do so many things at once!

PinkBell:
Spoiler:
J has turned out to be a great dad, I absolutely love having him around! And I love all of the kids, they are very cute. It's weird how it worked out that way! All five kids look different, it's pretty cool - I really like seeing what they look like as they grow. I genuinely thought J was going to be hard work, but he's so much fun and great with the kids!
----

Thanks guys! :hug:
I had one heck of a day and decided to wind down by writing an update. So you guys get chapter 6! :) Enjoy!
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I love that chance card!

Woo no more toddlers for now. They're cute, but it's nice to have a break.

I like the new house upgrade. :)

Such a shame you missed out on alien babies!

I love Izabel's makeover to go along with her new trait. :D

I just love Sulani. It's such a gorgeous world.

That poor cat!

I can't wait to see what Cher gets up to as heir!
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Spoiler:
So many birthdays! I love all your geeks si far, they are growing up so cute/handsome!

I love the upgrades on the house! And you're not the only one who loves when the whole family is together around the table! It's so cute!

I honestly wasn't expecting for Cher to be de heiress! My money was un Lyndon honestly lol but I'm super excited to read ver generation!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

108sims:
Spoiler:
It's so great! It makes life so much easier.

It is so nice to take a break, even if it is a little sad. Won't be long until we have a house full again!

I'm so pleased with myself for building something other than a box! :lol:

I always seem to :hmm: maybe before the challenge ends?

It just seems to suit her :D I bet she would've been really interesting to play as heiress!

I could take so many pictures of that world, it's so pretty.

:lol:

I'm ahead in game, and can confirm I'm having a lot of fun :D
Salem:
Spoiler:
Totally forgot to reply to your last message about the spares, sorry about that! I have put them on the gallery now, my origin ID is MajesticNessie. Hopefully they show up okay, I haven't had a good track record with the gallery :lol: They might show up as using CC as I've got default skins in. Let me know if you have any problems :)

I have to cram in several birthdays every update now it seems :lol: They're all so great, I love this generation!

I'm really pleased that it's both functional and not completely ugly :lol: It's so cute seeing them all together, eating and interacting! I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

I think Lyndon is the obvious choice, as he gives me four letters (yndo) but when I was planning I got stuck 3 or 4 generations later chasing four letters :lol: When I tried planning with Cher I managed to come up with a plan that got me all 26, and decided to roll with it :D At least there will only be four toddlers next time round! :)
Thanks guys :hug:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Hatter Name Game: Chapter 7 (24th March '20!)

Post by Sam »

nooboostar:
Glad you're enjoying it :heart: It's a lot of fun to play! There's a TS2 ruleset for the challenge somewhere, but I don't think anyone has ever done it with TS1 before! :) Thanks for stopping by!

----
Chapter 7 is up now! :)
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
It's cool that Cher is hanging out with L. Faba. Will she possibly become a spellcaster?

I love all the kids' pictures behind Alice!

Haha I love that Cher's first encounter with the magic realm was someone failing to ride a broom.

I do wonder what the purpose of the orbs actually is.

Wow I can't believe it's actually sunny for once!

They really aren't trying to hide magic by dueling in the middle of a club! :lol:
[align=center]Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Spoiler:
yay! thanks for uploading the spares! I may consider one of them for spouse in a future generation of my ISBI lol I'll let you know when it happens!

I don't have Realm of magic so I didn't knew there was a character actually named L Faba lol I love her already just for that name. And great for Cher turning into a spellcaster! She seems to be having a lot of fun with it!

I still love all the kids, they all turned out so cute as grown ups! I'm really excited to see how her generation plays out!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
Cher is going to be a spellcaster (I don't have sims 4) but reading someone else will be fun.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Hatter Name Game: Chapter 8 (25th May '20!)

Post by Sam »

108sims:
Spoiler:
I really like L Faba :D

The house is absolutely full of them!!

What an introduction to the realm :lol:

I think if you have a certain perk you can consume them for small amounts of experience but they're pretty useless otherwise.

Right?! :lol:

Yeah, they're definitely not discreet about it!
Salem:
Spoiler:
No worries! :) It'll be nice to see them in someone else's game!

I love Realm of Magic :lol: L Faba is a fantastic name though, right? I have so much fun playing spellcasters, I couldn't resist turning Cher.

I love all the kids :heart: I'm really excited for you guys to see what Cher gets up to!
peachy123uk:
Spoiler:
She is! I have a lot of playing spellcasters, so I'm really excited that Cher is one :)
nooboostar:
Spoiler:
No worries! :)

I think she'd have been a lot of fun to play as heir! I really enjoy magic & spellcasters, so I am looking forward to playing Cher. I think she takes mostly after J in terms of genetics! They all grew up so fast!

Glad to hear it :heart:
----

Thanks guys! :hug:
I have a new chapter up now!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Hatter Name Game: Chapter 8 (25th May '20!)

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I love Cher's little frog.

The duel's are inconvenient sometimes, but at least Cher can get some practice in before going to work?

I wouldn't be very forgiving there either. :lol:

Maybe Cher didn't like the party since there weren't many other sims around?

Everyone's growing up so fast!

It's nice of Cher to invite L Faba to join the family for the holidays. :)

Can't wait to see what Cher gets up to at Uni.
[align=center]Image
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Hatter Name Game: Chapter 9 (27th May '20!)

Post by Sam »

108sims:
Spoiler:
Me too :)

I suppose I could refuse them, but enjoy them too much to say no!

I don't think many people would be!

Definitely possible, it did seem like one of the quieter parties!

Time just flies by!

It's nice having her around :)

It's the first time I've played uni all the way through!
---
Update time! :)
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I like how you decorated Cher's room!

Eating and food are both really weird at uni in Sims 4. I had my sims living off campus, but they still couldn't cook full meals. Weird stuff.

Typical mom calling up to check on Cher already.

I'm loving seeing dorm living as I haven't played it. Seems like a lot of funny stuff happens!

J just wanted to check out the campus. Totally not seeing what Cher is up to. ;)

I love watching the broomstick fails. :lol:

I never noticed until recently that townies and such actually dress up for WinterFest. It's kind of neat. :)

Maybe L Faba is interested in uni after hearing Cher talk about it.

Now both Alice and J have come to check up on Cher. The face paint isn't fooling anyone Alice. :D
[align=center]Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Yay for updates!!!
Spoiler:
Cher is really proving to be a pretty fun Main sim so far! And university looks cool! I recently got the pack but I haven't really tried it so far, she looks like she's having fun, even with so much work!
I loved seeing Alice and J hanging around campus lol ir must be really hard for them to let their girl on their own xD also, I love Cher's friendship with L Faba! I kinda ship them honestly x/D they're adorable together!
Those roomates are the real slobs here! That living room looked trully discusting lol I can't believe Judith didn't mind it xD

Overall another really fun couple of updates! Can't wait to see more from Cher!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Spoiler:
That is quite the opening shot of J in chapter 7. :lol: Also just a heads-up - chapter 8 links back to 7 in the main post, and I am ashamed to admit that I reread it thinking that I was reading 8 with a major case of deja vu, before I got to 9 and read the summary, and realized I had definitely not read the actual chapter 8. :lol:

Wartz the frog floating in the background of all the pictures just makes them that much better. Love Cher showing up in a fast food uniform with a small floating frog, ready to duel. <3 Cosmo the owl is very cool too, even if he does have a basic name. :lol:

Alice enjoying having all her babies home for Harvestfest is so cute!

Oh my god, four classes a term? On top of soccer football? :eek: Good luck with that!

"You know what? I feel more at home round a cauldron with you guys." Everyone immediately passing out after this because of Cher's potion is comedic gold.

That shot of Judith walking around in her festive get up gives me the impression that she used to do a bit of pin-up modelling back in the day... :lol:

L helping Cher with that keg stand cracks me up. :lol: I love their relationship!

Dang, Cher did amazing this term! Also, lol at Alice trying to blend in on campus with her face paint and hoodie.
xiapxls

Post by xiapxls »

Ooh, a name game! I love name games, I'm very particular about names so it's fun to have some rules regarding them! It's definitely on my list of challenges I want to do, but that list is pretty long so we'll see if I ever get there.
Spoiler:
Oof, four classes and football? That's a lot. Though I feel like it helps playing with a spellcaster. My first time playing uni was also with a spellcaster, though she only did three classes per term, and it was really handy to fly to classes with a broom instead of walking, it's way faster. Also she could help bring lots of food into the dorm with the grand delicioso spell :lol:

Judith Ward showing up in a dorm was definitely surprising, it doesn't exactly seem like a place that would meet her standards. But she looked very fabulous in her festive attire :lol:

I really love Cher and L Faba's relationship! They're such good friends, it's nice! But also, I kinda ship it?

I love how both J and Alice showed up to check up on Cher! It's so sweet (as long as they do it only once and don't start stalking her).
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Hatter Name Game: Chapter 10 (29th May '20!)

Post by Sam »

108sims:
Spoiler:
We got some great posters with the uni expansion!

I didn't know that, I haven't played off-campus, but that's really weird!

It was fun to play, but my gosh those other sims are slobs! If the trash compactor breaks it won't be long until you're drowning under the piles of trash they leave :lol:

He just wanted to catch some sports or something. Definitely not checking up on her.

It never stops being funny :lol:

I swear half the Realm of Magic wears Santa Hats now though :lol: but it was pretty neat seeing Judith in the Wintefest outfit!

She hangs out on campus often enough!

Alice practically turned up in disguise :lol:
Salem:
Spoiler:
I'm having a lot of fun playing her! This is the first time I've played with it properly since getting it, and it has been a lot of fun but definitely a lot of work! They just can't seem to leave her alone :lol: but they're doing it out of love I swear! :D Seeing L Faba and Cher together was a lot of fun, she's definitely one of Cher's closest friends! You're not the only one shipping them :)
It is absolutely vile, and it happens so often! :lol: Judith genuinely didn't seem to mind, though I have no idea why she was there!

Thank you! Luckily you don't have long to wait :D
Heather:
Spoiler:
I had to use it somewhere :lol: Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed! :duh: easily done, I suppose :D

I love the familiars too much to hide them, although they definitely come out less when Cher's at uni. The fast food uniform really makes those images :lol: I love that owl :D

Genuinely the best part about Harvestfest. And having a large family.

Yeah, I definitely had too much on my plate :rotfl: I didn't realise how much work it would all be!

:lol: she means well at least

That's probably how Judith got famous, festive pin up modelling and then switched into acting :lol:

She didn't drop Cher, which is the main thing! The two of them together are a lot of fun :)

The Plentiful Needs potion takes a lot of the credit :lol: and dropping football early on. Alice in disguise really cracked me up!
xiapxls:
The challenge has been on my "to play" list for so long, I'm glad I finally gave it a go!
Spoiler:
Yeah, I definitely bit off more than I can chew! Being a spellcaster was a huge help, I don't think Cher's grades would be what they are without her potions! I hadn't thought about how much quicker it is to use the broomstick! No doubt that made her life easier. I'll have to try it with an ordinary sim sometime, sounds like Cher had it pretty easy :lol:

I wish I knew why she turned up :lol: and I loved her festive outfit!

They're really fun to play together! And you're not the only one shipping it :)

It was really nice to see them, even if they were checking up on her :D
---
Thanks, guys! :hugs:
I'm on a roll with these updates, there's a new chapter up now!

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”