Certain lots turn neighborhood into all-sand.

goeswithoutsinging

Certain lots turn neighborhood into all-sand.

Post by goeswithoutsinging »

This is a weird one, ngl? I haven't been able to find anyone else who had a similar issue.

I have a neighborhood with a grassy terrain, but for some reason whenever I load certain lots near or on the beach, it makes the rest of the neighborhood look like it's covered in sand.
Spoiler:
Here's a lot in the same neighborhood where this isn't an issue:
Spoiler:
Any idea what might be causing this?
TB Asylum Challenge - Daily life with the criminally insane. Completed.
River Heights BACC - We have a boot. Ongoing.
Pharith BARKC - Classism and disastrous gardens. Ongoing.
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Certain lots turn neighborhood into all-sand.

Post by FunkyFresh »

Oh, I actually have the same issue! I always wondered if I could solve it. It's so weird and I never use lots close to the beach because of it.
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

goeswithoutsinging

Re: Certain lots turn neighborhood into all-sand.

Post by goeswithoutsinging »

Via deleting lots and screwing around with the modifyneighborhoodterrain cheat I have managed to at least put down lots near the beach which don't have the sand effect. I thiiiiink what may be causing this issue is that when the terrain gets modified (whether via cheats or beach lots expanding the size of the shoreline) it messes something up for the relevant lots. :I<
FunkyFresh wrote:Oh, I actually have the same issue! I always wondered if I could solve it. It's so weird and I never use lots close to the beach because of it.
If you ever get this issue in the future, you might be able to fix it via moving your sims and any important objects out of the lot (if it's occupied), bulldozing the lot, and replacing it with one of the same size. This seems to be working for me so far, though I haven't tested it with beach lots yet.

So while I seem to have found a fix for this issue, if anyone else has had this issue and done some experimenting with it, please feel free to comment!
TB Asylum Challenge - Daily life with the criminally insane. Completed.
River Heights BACC - We have a boot. Ongoing.
Pharith BARKC - Classism and disastrous gardens. Ongoing.

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”