From A to Z: The Strangerville Mystery Completed 3/4/20

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Hrootbeer
Origin ID: Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims Updated 2/29/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

The second to last chapter of the story is complete! Yes, that means there will be one more. I've been on a bit of a writing tear. I was somewhat consumed by the conclusion of this story, and it got a bit long. So I decided to break it up in two chapters. I hope everyone enjoys this part called Sweet Sorrow.

PS, It's past midnight. I really REALLY wanted to publish at least one before bed. I should have the next one done and published maybe tomorrow night, maybe Sunday morning.
Oh, and there's a wee little surprise on the 3rd page ;)

H
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
EEEE I have been hoping since mid way through the story that they would have a baby together! I'm really hoping that they can be together, whether Ada goes with Zeb or vice versa. Zeb's going to miss his baby otherwise : ( I really like how it was bittersweet when she went back, and I also like that she edited the cloning machine so it would always make the clone a lesser value. At least she still has the satellite dish but it's a shame she doesn't have direct contact with Zeb :(
Loving this so far ~
Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

LuckyDuck wrote:
Spoiler:
EEEE I have been hoping since mid way through the story that they would have a baby together! I'm really hoping that they can be together, whether Ada goes with Zeb or vice versa. Zeb's going to miss his baby otherwise : ( I really like how it was bittersweet when she went back, and I also like that she edited the cloning machine so it would always make the clone a lesser value. At least she still has the satellite dish but it's a shame she doesn't have direct contact with Zeb :(
Loving this so far ~
Thank you.
Spoiler:
What were your thoughts on the Pollinator? I was inspired by your story and how the Pollinator interacts with the people who carry half-Sixam children.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
What were your thoughts on the Pollinator? I was inspired by your story and how the Pollinator interacts with the people who carry half-Sixam children.
[/quote]
Spoiler:
I forgot to mention the Pollinator in my comment X_X I actually really like her, the way you portray pollinators is nice because they're much more personal. Also I love Xillian's hair : P And thank you so much, I'm happy I inspired you ^u^ I credited you somewhere in Gen One for borrowing a bit of your Strangerville plant lore and forgot to mention. XD
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims Updated 3/2/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

Invitation and Answers. The last chapter. I hope everyone enjoyed my little Sim Story. Thank you for reading.

PS. I am currently working on a Jungle Adventure story and one set around the vampires. I don't know exactly when I will be ready to publish either of them. For the JA story, I thought of doing one thing and then went a completely new direction, so I have to do some re-playing, re-shooting, and re-writing. The vampire story is actually going to be be based on how I ended my Twinbrook FieldsDitFT story for Sims 3. If you want some background, you can look there. The link is for the last generation, but if you REALLY want some background, you can start in Gen. 7 and then read through Gen 8 and Gen. 9. Aside from some annoying grammar errors which I discovered upon re-reading myself (and I decided to leave them as a reminder that I make mistakes), I have to say that I did some damned good writing in those 3 generations. As my Sims 3 game got more and more problematic, I think the writing suffered a bit (the last generation, especially) but still. It was kind of fun to read it again and remember what I had done. I'm super excited to write the story that connects this Sims 3 family to the Sims 4 world. It just might take some time and some planning.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
I was thinking maybe Ada could work on a Wormhole Generator to get to Sixam. She must be so busy with Abbra, so I hope she can get to Zeb and they can all be a family! One thing I love about Ada is that even when everyone has told her that her ideas are impossible or too crazy, she's never let that stop her. Good to see Erwin back, although it's a shame he's so downtrodden about the lack of evidence. I like how, after denying increased abductions, Ada gets abducted. I think just pretending to agree with Erwin Pries is the only legitimate way to escape his Alex Jones-esque conspiracy theory ramblings. XD Ooh I like that the Pollinator is actually the leader of Sixam! Also I still love her hair. : P At least Xillian realises that it'd be better if the family were all together! Their kiss on Sixam is so sweet ~ That picture of them holding hands in front of the moon is so beautifully captured, I love it < 3 Nothing like a bit of public space woohoo, haha : P I really love the space mansion, makes me wish Sixam was a livable proper world TBH. I'm so glad they got their happy ending ;o; Really love how you tied Rawla's CEA lore into it as well. That said, I had an idea as a cameo in OitnG of Ada having to do a seminar on pollinations at the CEA building in my game, as a sort of homage. IDK if I can stage it but I'd like to do try and do it, if you wouldn't mind. :) I love the twins! Aron is adorable and Avirelle is such a pretty name : ) I love that they grew up looking just like both parents as well!
Ahh I'm going to miss following Ada and Zeb but I've loved their story! Thank you so much for writing this. < 3 And thank you so much for the shoutout I really appreciate it. < 33
Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

LuckyDuck wrote:
Spoiler:
I was thinking maybe Ada could work on a Wormhole Generator to get to Sixam. She must be so busy with Abbra, so I hope she can get to Zeb and they can all be a family! One thing I love about Ada is that even when everyone has told her that her ideas are impossible or too crazy, she's never let that stop her. Good to see Erwin back, although it's a shame he's so downtrodden about the lack of evidence. I like how, after denying increased abductions, Ada gets abducted. I think just pretending to agree with Erwin Pries is the only legitimate way to escape his Alex Jones-esque conspiracy theory ramblings. XD Ooh I like that the Pollinator is actually the leader of Sixam! Also I still love her hair. : P At least Xillian realises that it'd be better if the family were all together! Their kiss on Sixam is so sweet ~ That picture of them holding hands in front of the moon is so beautifully captured, I love it < 3 Nothing like a bit of public space woohoo, haha : P I really love the space mansion, makes me wish Sixam was a livable proper world TBH. I'm so glad they got their happy ending ;o; Really love how you tied Rawla's CEA lore into it as well. That said, I had an idea as a cameo in OitnG of Ada having to do a seminar on pollinations at the CEA building in my game, as a sort of homage. IDK if I can stage it but I'd like to do try and do it, if you wouldn't mind. :) I love the twins! Aron is adorable and Avirelle is such a pretty name : ) I love that they grew up looking just like both parents as well!
Ahh I'm going to miss following Ada and Zeb but I've loved their story! Thank you so much for writing this. < 3 And thank you so much for the shoutout I really appreciate it. < 33
Spoiler:
Go for it. If you want to use Ada in your story feel free. She's got CC so you have to check that to see her. I'm pretty sure it's just bodypart skins. Should disappear if you download her.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: From A to Z: The Strangerville Mystery Updated 3/2/20

Post by LuckyDuck »

Thanks for your help, it looks like a CC check isn’t available on the console edition, which is irritating. Either that or I’m stupid but sadly I do not see a CC enabled sort of thing anywhere. I am so sorry.
Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

LuckyDuck wrote:Thanks for your help, it looks like a CC check isn’t available on the console edition, which is irritating. Either that or I’m stupid but sadly I do not see a CC enabled sort of thing anywhere. I am so sorry.
I will see if I can upload it CC free
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

I appreciate that, thank you ^u^ Sorry for the hassle!

EDIT: Thank you so so much! I just downloaded them! I really appreciate it, thank you! I'm not sure if I'll include Zeb anywhere yet purely because he'd probably still be on Sixam, but I plan to give Ada a section. Thank you again < 33
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: The Strangerville Mystery Updated 3/7/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

I just finished publishing the first chapter of my newest story set in Selvadorada. The thread for that story can be found here.

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”