Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Halloween 2019 ... Halloween Drabble

Post by itsjulie »

Halloween Drabble

A drabble is a short work of fiction of precisely one hundred words in length.
The purpose of the drabble is brevity, testing the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in a confined space.

So are you up for the test??

Inside the spoiler are six pictures.
Each one of the pictures tells a story ... well it will when you have told it!!
Spoiler:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Choose one of the pictures above, and compose your 100 word drabble for it.
100 words ... no more, no less or it doesn't count!!!
post the picture with your drabble, and you can do more than one!!

For every drabble you complete .... a Pulper star
complete 4 ... a winners choice medal.

Participating in at least 5 events will earn you the Halloween 2019 medal Image
PM a moderator with the links to your five posts to claim it!

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Halloween 2019 ... Halloween Drabble

Post by 108sims »

I attempted to do a little something for all of them.

Spoiler:
The Grim Reaper sighed as he stared at the zombie outside his greenhouse window. He didn’t know what it was with zombies and plants, but the loved to destroy them. Maybe he should look into why their brains were wired that way. He was in charge of the zombies after all. Citizens constantly complained about zombies wrecking their gardens every full moon. He didn’t blame them one bit, that was why he secured his plants behind a fortress. The zombie kept running into the wall over and over trying to get to the plants. It’s like they could sense them.
Spoiler:
October was a time of joy for most people. Wearing comfy fall sweaters, pumpkin lattes, Halloween parties, the changing of the beautiful leaves. For them, October was a reminder of all they had lost. They had moved away to a new town to forget the painful memories lurking at their old home. Things were nice, they supposed. They had friends now, a life, a job. Every October, though they would make a visit to their hometown. Sit with their gnome friends and reflect on the past. Sure it hurt, but there were the good memories too. Those were worth remembering.
Spoiler:
Halloween was boring this year, as it was every year. You’d think that as vampires, Halloween would be the one time of year they could go out on the town without having to worry, but no they were stuck inside for the umpteenth year in a row. He watched as his sister tried to entertain herself by levitating. It would have been a cool trick if he hadn’t seen it a hundred times. It was rare times like this where he wished to be human. Sure the pros of being immortal far outweighed the cons, still it crossed his mind.
Spoiler:
She stared around in horror at the flames surrounding her. She had never known how to control her powers, but she never thought anything like this would happen. She had been warned over and over again about the consequences of not seeking professional training. The local witch coven had reached out to her and offered her a mentor. She didn’t want to be a witch, she just wanted to be normal, so she ignored their advice. If she didn’t think about her powers, they would just go away. Now that naivety had cost her everything. She was all alone now.
Spoiler:
She hated being a skeleton. Cursed to live this existence for a crime she didn’t commit. She longed to be human again, to feel the sun on her skin. Humans thought they were so much better than her, but were they? They were the ones who cursed her to live this way without a second thought. For decades she worked diligently on a cure. There had to be some way to change her fate; to be human again. As she stared at the apple before her, she felt both excitement and anxiety. Hopefully all of her research had paid off.
Spoiler:
How did he get here? How did he end up like this? Last thing he remembered was going to a party, preforming some overly complicated stunt as a dare, and now he woke up here. In some strange log cabin that he’d never seen before. He wandered around, looking for someone, anyone. He passed by a mirror and paused in horror. This wasn’t his reflection. This wasn’t he looked like. He glanced at the blue, transparent form before him. No, no, no. This couldn’t be right. He was a ghost. This had to be a mistake. He couldn’t be dead!
Image Image
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

Those are AWESOME Alison!!! :applause:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
simnights
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by simnights »

Wow, those are great! ^^

I wrote one real quick, too, but I might add more later :)

Spoiler:
“Go ahead, my dear, eat it!” The ethereal being’s voice put me at ease as she offered me a fruit, though I felt danger radiating from her core. “Don’t you want to live?”

I held the fruit in my decayed hand. “Yes,” I admitted, my voice a feeble whisper. I imagined my hand with new skin – skin? The concept of flesh was long foreign to me.

“Another chance,” she tempted. “The Fruit of Life.”

I heard the brilliant light she guarded calling me home. “No, Temptation.” Dropping the fruit, I walked into the heavenly light. “It’s my time to go.”
[align=center]My name is Lauren, I play TS2 & TS3
The Peters Legacy | Wacky Watson's Double Wide - A TPC | Greenmere Peaks BACC
ImageImage[/align]
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I had fun trying to come up with something for a few of these. I might try my hand at the other three later.

Picture 1
Spoiler:
The zombies always came and Grim was always there to watch them. One day soon the death plants would be ready and he would finally be able to reap them, properly, as he was meant to do with the dead. Until then he would water, he would tend, he would watch and the zombies would come. They would scratch and bang at the windows but only true death or life could enter here. Still they would try, the beacon calling out to them to come. What a glorious day it will be, in fact, he might even get a promotion!
Picture 3
Spoiler:
She slept, he watched. It’s how it felt it had always been. The floating was new though. Was she becoming more than he? What allowed her to rise so, did she feel less heavy now? The sleep of the dead, isn’t that what they called it? He wished he could sleep so, be so at peace. But sleep does not come easy to those who watch, to those who are heavy. His eyes watched, but his mind wandered, to those dark places, those heavy places where the reality and nightmares combined. Could she teach him to not be so heavy?
Picture 5
Spoiler:
She was the powerful witch, why was it always our job to cast the spells on the apples? One wrong move though and we’d be back to a pile of inanimate bones. Must make it look good. Imbue it will juiciness, enhance the sweet natural flavors, brighten the red until it shines. Yes, this apple would be irresistible. It was supposed to be deadly as well, but perhaps, just this once, not death but deep slumber would do. Should look the same to her, besides. if she wants the poor girl dead so bad, she can cast the spell herself

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Awesome job with these! I like seeing the different stories you both came up with for the enchanted apple. :)
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Here is my go I have done all six and little bit different

First picture
Spoiler:
He didn't see me hiding in the shadows, ready to take him. He didn't know it was his time. He thought he was having fun, hiding as a monster but i wouldn't call him monster he was too nice, too kind, he didn't have the flair for it. He liked the nice things in life like the snow on a ground, building snowman, having snowball fights, or in the spring see the first set of flowers growing in the ground or being love. The first person he had to kill he fell in love. I have to kill him.
Second picture
Spoiler:
"What are we going to do with him, say the Vampire lady by the tombstone. "I don't know". said the Gnome. "well he can't stay here all day sitting on the grave" said the witch. "He is spoiling my few, all i can see his leg. "said the lady "Your worried about your view guess what i am looking at" The Gnome laughed. "At least i can fly away on my broomstick. "you can't go anywhere your an ornament said the lady. Will you lot shut up! I can here what your saying i am telepathic says the boy on pumpkin.
Third picture
Spoiler:
You know you seem some funny shit sitting here watching the world go by. He thinks just because he lady his levitating that she is going to talk to him. She is mad not like insane but annoyed at the boy or man whatever you would like to call him. He made mistake, a silly mistake but a mistake and she is making him pay. he might have to wait a couple of hours maybe even days don't think it will take a month though i have seen worse. Oh i am the gargoyle watching, I hear lots of things.
Fourth picture
Spoiler:
Hi Daddy it's me. Yeah I am surrounded by flames, and i started it. No it is ok daddy i can handle it, someone got me annoyed and I started shooting flames at them but they runaway. I just love looking at the flames there is something intoxicating, just staring into that flame and waiting will it get me, can I control it, can I put it out. Yes daddy I know what your thinking don't worry i shouldn't let my temper get the better of me. Yes Daddy I will be good, yeah I know I am a Firestarter.
Fifth picture
Spoiler:
Oh look an apple what i am supposed to with this, turn in into something like what, what can you turn an apple into, can't really turn into animal ooh maybe a pig, you know as pork and apple sauce go really well together don't they. Not sure that's what they thinking. Maybe a flower of some sort, what flower could it be or even a apple tree. Or even some apple juice. Well as I am Masterchef, I only have hour i will turn into a lovely apple crumble and custard, no anglaise yeah that sounds a bit posher.
Sixth picture
Spoiler:
Little boy blue, no I am not a nursery rhyme i am a ghost. But I am terrified of people though. I worry my parents won't be proud, because I can't scare people, but why do we have to scare people, I want to make friends, you know like Casper, he did alright didn't he, even made a couple of films, and friends, he is retired now lives in the ghost home for ghosts, it is only down the road. I should go and get some advice of him. I should go now and boo bet you wasn't expecting that.

Image Image
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I finally finished up my drabbles so here are the other three. Hope you enjoy them. :toast:

Picture 2:
Spoiler:
It was getting old. The laughing, the heckling, the jeering. Why couldn’t they all just leave him alone. Why could this one place not be safe, safe from their constant hounding. All he wanted was to mourn her in peace but the curse would never leave him. It was driving him insane, it would literally drive him into the grave. It was sounded better and better, the quite of death. Maybe he could be back with her, but he had to hold on. He couldn’t let this curse pass onto their son, he had to break the curse, without her.
Picture 4:
Spoiler:
Cleansing flame, relentless burning, her fire! Her anger would cleanse this place of it’s injustice, it’s degradation. Fire would clear it away and maybe then there would be peace. Peace for her and for the land. Even though the fire licked her flesh she didn’t fear the flame. The flame could not touch her, it was at her call, her beckoning, that it came to devour. She watched as the shadows danced around, peering through the flickering orange and yellow, as some ran from it’s unstoppable trek across the land. All would succumb and the land would heal at last.
Picture 6:
Spoiler:
The inevitable questions came next. “How did this happen?” “Am I really dead?” “What do I do now?” It was always the same, especially if death came too early. There was confusion, fear, uncertainty. This one was like so many others, but it was not one to worry about it. The confusion would fade, fear would dissipate and acceptance would come in. No it was the ones who were calm, accepted instantly that were the ones to worry about. They were the ones that caused trouble, that pushed boundaries. It was always the calm ones you had to watch closely.
Image Image

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Halloween Archive”