Some Sort of Legacy: Finale!

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Some Sort of Legacy: Chapter 3! (6th Aug!)

Post by Mojo »

This is so great! It makes me so nostalgic for the game! I wish i had all the discs so that i could play too!

But im not even sure the game would even want to run it :(

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

So much nostalgia reading this! It makes me wish I still had TS1 so I could install it and play it again. It's been FOREVER since I've played. At least 15 years, probably.
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Your updates keep being hilarious and nostalgic! Congrats on little Peanut! And it's so fun y that Tuxedo and Pickle's wives are still normies, living in Magic town lol I love everything about this!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

108sims:
Pickle's helmet cracks me up all the time! I couldn't believe the spell actually worked :haha: unfortunately they go off really quickly, so there was a lot of smelly cake hanging about for a while! It'll keep Bonehilda busy, if nothing else.

ciyrose:
Spoiler:
His lil wizard hat is perfect! I'd forgotten they grow up like that until it happened! One of the funniest glitches, I must say! It does make sense for her to steal honey, but it was still cool! I had no idea she did that :) Most of the mascots are pretty unsettling to look at! It's a perfect look to grow into ;)

Deadward Strange is the perfect townie name!
Somethings happen really quickly, while other things I can take my time over which is very useful. It's a bit sad that the only way to age is with magic, but it is very useful for getting stuff done!
Oh, they don't have an oven in Magic Town, I forgot to put one in, and then I didn't have space - so all they eat now is salad! Gutted I didn't get a prince, but it was so funny seeing cake everywhere! :)
It's neat being able to show people/remind people of all the fun features we used to have! It's certainly bringing back memories for a lot of people. And it has been so much fun to play and explore TS1!

mojot89:
I'm so glad you're enjoying it, it's really nice seeing how it brings nostalgia & good memories back for so many people! I'm pretty sure my boyfriend had to do some voodoo to get it running this time round ;) even then, I can only play in windowed mode!

simsterlyrock:
I'm glad it brought back nostalgia, it's one of the best parts about sharing this stuff! I refused to give up my old discs :lol: it's a pain in the butt to get it to run but so worth it.

Salem:
Thank you! They're a lot of fun to play & write. :) I love little Peanut! I wonder what Eloisa & Ester think is going on around them? Like how do you explain Bonehilda to a normie?? :lol:

Thanks so much guys, I'm hoping to have more soon! :hug:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Who wants cake (plenty of them to eat)

Isn't it annoying when you want a spell to backfire and it doesn't.

I just love looking at the pictures, and I still can't remember half the things that were in sims 1 and their packs.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

llamazing

Post by llamazing »

I'm really enjoying this. I had no idea it was possible to do a legacy sort of challenge in TS1, now I want to dig up the game and install it. Just looking at these pictures made me feel so nostalgic! I'd totally forgotten all about the vacation prizes and those quests you had to do to get spell ingredients.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Some Sort of Legacy: Chapter 4! (29th Aug!)

Post by Sam »

nooboostar:
Thanks!
I haven't had anyone ride the spooky one yet, maybe I should do that soon :hmm:

peachy123uk:
There's enough for everyone to have multiple slices!
It really is. I probably could've kept trying, but I honestly thought it was going to be easier!
There's something about the aesthetic that is so nostalgic :D I'm having a great time discovering new things after all this time!

llamazing:
Thank you! It's an idea that only occurred to be somewhat recently, it's been a lot of fun giving it a go! Going back to it reminds you of so many things - and so many things I'd never seen before!!

---

Thanks everyone! :hug:
There's a new update up now! Enjoy!
llamazing

Post by llamazing »

Good luck getting all the stars! I totally forgot about that photoshoot mini-game. TS1 could be so silly and there were so many things to do, I miss it.

What's going on in your avatar, by the way? Is that a hat?
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

What a fun update! I like Peanut trying to be a star, she certainly grew up in the right clothes for it. :D So many things I never did or experienced in TS1. I'm so glad I'm getting to see many of these things through this play. Thanks for sharing, it's so crazy how much they really did pack into that game.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

You can never have enough dancers or gnomes for that matter!

That was one of my favorite parts about vacation was buying the new swim wear and cold wear (I'm also thinking you could buy pajamas, but I could be totally wrong?)

I love Studio Town! :heart: I think Sims really outdid themselves with Makin Magic and Superstar. They were always my most favorite at least.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

I don't think I ever tried the studios in the first game lol (I've always been on edge about fame, even in games xD) but that looks pretty fun! And it's Nice that it's going better for you this time around!
Also, the sharky-mascot is really funny! I had totally forgotten about him until now!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Some Sort of Legacy: Chapter 5! (18th Oct!)

Post by Sam »

llamazing:
Thanks, it's not an easy task! All the mini games and everything is so much fun - there's so much to do with this game! The guy in my avatar is wearing a costume from the catwalk, the task when you're a 4 star celebrity. He's the sim I last attempted fame with - I got stuck at 4 stars that time!

ciyrose:
She was born to be a star :D They packed so many features into TS1, it's so great exploring it all again - and I love that you guys are enjoying it <3

108sims:
Nope, I totally agree! :D
I think you could get PJs with Hot Date? Maybe?
Those two expansions add the most gameplay I think. They're definitely my favourites.

Salem:
I never got very far with it first time around :D It's a lot of fun to play with, even if the concept of fame itself is a bit of an odd one. The shark mascot is the best mascot :yes:

nooboostar:
I'm giving away no spoilers :lol: Maybe? :D
I love that, too! She actually looks like the same sim, which is nice! I feel the same way when I'm sitting on the neighbourhood screens. Ooh a butler might be a shout, I wonder if he'd be upset by Bonehilda? :D I've never hired a butler before.

---

Thanks for all your comments, guys! :hug:
And for being so patient - I last posted a chapter almost 2 months ago!! Luckily, I've just uploaded chapter 5 :)

Enjoy!!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

I didn't know you could get in trouble for casting spells out and about!

Peanut definitely has an interesting house for her fans to visit.

Congratulations Peanut for reaching 5 stars :applause:

I can't wait to see what they get up to next.
[align=center]Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

I also think one of the things that made Sims 1 so great es the fact it wasn't really trying to imitate lofe, just to make it goofier and funnier xD I really enjoy de The trips to studio town, and congrats on your first 5 stars celebrity! That sure is an acomplishment!

Congrats on Blue's birth! I'm excited to see how he's gonna look growing up!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

108sims:
I think it's only if someone without magic sees you? I try and be careful but it's inevitable sometimes.
Definitely not your usual celebrity home, is it :lol:
First time ever! I'm so happy I finally managed it!

Salem:
I love how goofy and wacky the first sims game is. It's a shame they left some of the wackiness behind! I'm so happy I've finally accomplished that :lol: after all of these years!
Hopefully you won't have to wait too long before I put the next part up :D

--

Thanks guys! I'm hoping to have the next part up soon :)
apocalypticautumn
Steam ID: attackonautumn
Origin ID: attackonautumn

Post Counts

Post by apocalypticautumn »

Read all five chapters in one setting, I am drowning in TS1 goodness! :hearts:

I had no idea you could age up kids! Makin Magic added tons to the game. I play TS1 every once in awhile but there's still so much I haven't experienced. A forever gem.

Keeping up with the Joneses has been an absolute treat. What characters! I love Tuxedo, Pickle, Peanut - can't wait to see what mischief Blue cooks up.
Autumn, Lv26 Magikarp✰
[spoiler]Currently Playing
TS2 - A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy [May 31]
TS3 - The Spectrum's Rainbow Roulette

Elsewhere

Apocalyptic Sims :plumbob: Magikarp Wow
Tweeter&Backloggery[/spoiler]
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Chapter 5 was so much fun. I loved the fans "visiting" the house. I'm sure they are pretty surprised by what they see. :)

Those catwalks are just too funny to see. Congrats on getting them so well though, and I can only imagine I would need a notebook to keep up myself. That system doesn't seem very intuitive or forgiving. That music video though!!!! Oh my gosh, I often forget just how cheesy and silly Sims was once upon a time. I think that's what drew me to it originally, and I still found 2 fairly silly at times, especially with things like jealousy, but over time I think I've forgotten just how silly it was once. I kind of miss the cheese!
Spoiler:
Sort of sad they didn't do more when you reached 5 stars, but that limo....oh my gosh, that's is great! Love the flamingo. I also had no idea there was a "star" plumbob, how fun is that?
Love Blue, he will be a fine addition. What are you going to do when Blue grows up and gets married? That will give you 8 sims right? Tuxedo and his wife, Pickle and his wife, Peanut and her husband and now Blue..yeah, that would be 8. Are you going to do something drastic to Tuxedo and his wife? So crazy that you were able to do this legacy type thing, it's been really fun.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Some Sort of Legacy: Chapter 6! (24th Jan!)

Post by Sam »

apocalypticautumn:
All the TS1 nostalgia, right? :D
It honestly added so much to the game. And there's still loads I haven't done with it, I don't think I'll ever stop revisiting it.
I'm glad you're enjoying it, it's been so much fun to play! They're quite the colourful family, aren't they?

nooboostar:
I guess we can't complain too much, but even so.
I should test it out sometime, but the maid ran off when I used Bonehilda so I'd expect something similar!!
There's so much randomness packed into the fame stuff, it's brilliant! I love the silliness of TS1. Glad you enjoyed it!

ciyrose:
Spoiler:
Glad you enjoyed it! It's not your usual famous household, is it? :lol:
I think the catwalk is definitely one of my favourite parts! I don't think I could've done it without a notebook to hand, the system is a lot of fun to play with but it requires some thought! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the music video, there's so much randomness and fun to this game! I love the silliness, I wish they'd kept it a bit more going forwards. It's so cheesy but it's so good!
It was a little anti-climatic, but the limo and the star plumbob are pretty great.
I actually address this in the new chapter! It's a shame there isn't a way to move sims out or anything, really. At least, there isn't a way I'm aware of. It's been a lot of fun to play, I'm glad you're enjoying it!
----

Thanks guys! :hug: I'm really pleased you're enjoying this TS1 journey!
Chapter 6 is up now! :)
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
the diner reminds of the 50's diner in ts2. Can men get pregnant in sims 1?
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I still really love those rollercoasters in Magic Town. I wish that was something they could have added back to sims 2 and sims 4 (I know you could rollercoasters in sims 3 through store content).

I've always wondered how many sims you could pack in that tent! :lol:

I think the naked hot tubbing is a personality thing if I remember correctly.

I love seeing Downtown as Hot Date wasn't a pack I've played with much.

It is interesting how sims has evolved in the case of LGBTQ sims. It's odd they can't get married because one of the things that caught people's attention about Sims 1 was the fact you could have sims in a same sex relationship.

It'll be sad as you gradually have to get rid of family members. :(
[align=center]Image

Return to “Sims 1 Completed Stories”