Culpepper Pals (Winter 4 Part 7! Updated 20th March '24)

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 4! 14th June '23)

Post by Sam »

ciyrose:
seeing your reactions to the first year updates is making me really nostalgic :lol: :heart:
Autumn 1:
Spoiler:
McMullen: Snickers was the best cat, honestly. That's pretty much Jo's motto :lol: I'm so bad at remembering, an option like that would be so so useful! Also for lactose-free sims. It's weird calling them Culpepper Kids now gen 3 are hanging out, because not one of them has stepped foot in Culpepper House :lol: I totally forgot about digging through the box and should do it more!! I later got rid of Harvestfest & swapped it out for other autumn occasions, and I don't miss the gnome appeasing at all :lol:

Titan: The city is the perfect location for people watching, a lot of the other worlds are quieter. It is always interesting to see what is just going on in the background, though! I still can't believe my first Culpepper pregnancy was twins :lol: and it's crazy to think those little twins are all grown up now. Oh yeah, toddlers are a walk in the park compared to infants! Infants don't show up in my updates until Spring 4 :lol: Norah and her family dreams :heart: she was definitely one my favourites. Their Windenburg house :heart:

Brows: Candy was such a weird sim in the early days :lol: Restaurants are still interesting in the background! Some things never change :D

Bell: They can dance with the lights once they max the dance skill! I'm still not sure why we get wrestlers in the Spice District? :lol: Adora and her bees :heart: Winter 1 certainly was interesting for them... :lol:

Vatore: it's such a shame it doesn't work super well, and a real shame the kids miss out. None of my houses are big enough for murals in the nursery at the moment, I miss having my artistic sims do it for their little ones. Max :heart: Getting such nostalgia for the early days from reading your comments! I'm pretty sure they found the martini lamp at the flea market!
Winter 1:
Spoiler:
McMullen: it's the only way :lol: I miss playing Jo again now, reading through your comments :lol: :heart: The pets seem to run away a lot? Even when they're well cared for?? Believe me, that won't be the last of the MCCC drama :lol: luckily it's running properly now, but there's still occasionally fallout from me letting it run unchecked back in the early days! Jo's parties were always so much fun to watch!!

Titan: I'd totally forgotten that befriending snow pals was a thing :lol: I'll have to try it again, once winter rolls around. Like you, I have quite a few families living in warmer climates now. I still feel like that when my toddlers grow up now :lol: birthdays come round so quickly. Some of my weddings seem to go fine and others are a complete mess! I love playing big family holidays :heart: Norah really was living her best life!!

Brows: Summer and Dusty :heart: who doesn't want ice cream in the middle of a blizzard? Snow ball fights & water balloon fighters were way better in TS2 and TS3 sadly. You'll see a lot more of Sulani over the course of time :lol: It's such a pretty world! Candy really did hang around for the longest time post-break up!

Bell: Shari's arrival :heart: a real turning point for Adora & Akira, I feel. They were so so broke back then and suddenly had two extra mouths to feed :lol: Honestly I love taking what the game throws at me and running with it, so there was very little chance of me pretending I hadn't seen Shari. I think her arrival did set off a series of events that completely changed the course of Adora & Akira's lives, though. Shari was such a wild toddler :lol: Taeko was such a sweetheart in comparison :lol:

Vatore: Caleb :heart: Well, Kirby won't woohoo in a coffin from being Good, and the family didn't own a bed for quite some time as no one slept, so bat woohoo was all they got :lol: Playdates are very hit & miss, mine are all "unofficial" rather than actual events these days, and I've taken to using the teleporter to bring everyone to the lot rather than trying to do it with in game methods. You know what I didn't even think about the windows/vampire family thing :lol: nor did I make that connection with the Max portrait!! :lol:
---
Heather:
Spoiler:
:lol: plenty of time before the little one makes their appearance!
As well as some of your lots, you might also spot Andy running around in the background too :shifty: :lol:

Q: Can you tell he's one of my favourites :lol: I love writing him. And he needed his hat! I loved playing their vacation, I'd had it in my mind that they were going to Strangerville from about the middle of the spring rotation and was so excited to make it a reality. Admittedly I used a mod to toggle the story mode off because I haven't actually played through it in the main save - Tania's trip was in a throwaway save. The mod works fine - you occasionally get a bunch of the spores in the air when you first arrive on the lot, but the vanish away pretty quickly. It's such a beautiful world, I'm glad I decided to spend more time there. I love the slip 'n' slide, it's so much fun :lol: The new house is working well so far - I think because it's more of a rectangular house with triangle accents rather than the whole thing being triangular? Maybe? Can you tell I've never built one from scratch? :lol: I did have to tweak the layout & extend for the baby's arrival, but I'm loving it so far.
Thanks guys :hug:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

New banner is beautiful, a true work of art. We need a chef's kiss emoji on here for me to properly express how much I love it, but in lieu of that I'll give it a :thup:

I'll have to keep my eye out then! ;)
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Awww, I get the feeling of nostalgia, I feel that way whenever I see comments on any of my older generations for my longer-running families. :D Super excited to start year 2, it might take me a while, but I am determined to catch up eventually!
Spoiler:
Spring 2:
New Sims: Oooh, they are both so pretty! Looking forward to following Venus and Elise! Love Elise's makeup!

McMullen: I think I'm convinced I REALLY am looking forward to my sims coming up in some of the saves that will be required to live in the city. It just seems like fun. Awww poor Snickers, and apparently Cookie. I bet Akira took Cookie to get out of the house. lol Yeah, I think Makenzie will benefit from a make-over, but YAY for Jo!! (Heather has the BEST restaurants in her saves, I usually snag them too!) Oh dear, she left??? Hmmmm. I agree about the changing of the seasons. It's nice it's not just instantly bright and green and sunny, or instantly barren, cold, and snowy. Snickers is so adorable! YAY for Makenzie moving in. A productive season for Jo!

Titan: It's kind of weird how some things, like glasses, easily get removed from outfits. Like can't you just leave glasses alone? I get it making you happy that they managed to sit down together! It's always nice when it's not a holiday and they manage it! YAY for stairs that can go in a corner!!! Awww, of course, Nora wants more kids. Hopefully, she can have more, but if not at least they had twins! The whole curfew thing leaves a lot to be desired. LOL...yeah Nora kind of looks like, why are there so many children in this hall, we only have two?? Awww, Frankie! Makes sense for the boys to have a dog.

Brows: Awww, yay!!! Dusty is doing really well, and I'm happy to see her thriving with Summer! I love the enclosed pool!!! It's perfect. I love the shot you captured of Dusty dancing. She looks like she's just totally vibing in her new place. Between the McMullen shot of Nina and that guy smashing faces, and now this shot, I would also believe there is something going on. :hmm: The one thing I wish with painting is you could do a large landscape and not just a vertical. The medium size is horizontal I know, but still. Why do they ALL have to be tall? Summer looks lovely in the dress, with or without flowers! I'm impressed your guests ever sit (late or not)! The wedding was very pretty! I was SO happy they added slow dancing with MWS. It was like the BEST part about that pack for me. lol I do love the experimental food pics, really fun. Dusty at that meet and greet shot, she is just living it up! LOL, the fan pile! lol I know it's well past, and there isn't a good way to do it, but I feel like Summer and Jo could have been running buddies! What a fun season for these two!

Bell: YAY for Adora having plants!!! I love Shari and David! Coffee shops often have cocoa too! Obviously, they went there cause it's sunny and not likely to storm (which I'm pretty sure happens for David a lot) lol. Oooh, I haven't ever used time out. I don't often "parent" my kids out of mess-making. lol Taeko is so cute!! I don't think I've ever had a kid ask one of my kids to ditch school. That's so funny! Hopefully, you figured out bees by now. Gotta spend time with them every day, I think usually twice a day. I didn't know there were fishing holes there either, what fun!

Vatore: I'm surprised they want to plant garlic, but the plasma fruit makes a LOT of sense. Do vampires get cold? I can't imagine is matters much to them right? Although in the sims it does I think. YAY a new Vatore!!! Caleb seems like such a good dad. Oh yay, Lilith moves in! I've never actually played with Lilith, although I have thought about it multiple times! Oh, that's a cool idea, have all the ingredients for the cure! I love that Kirby wants her kids to have a choice! I agree, the egg hunt is the most interesting part, and it's not THAT interesting, especially once you have the collection. I need to get more of my families pools and have them use them. Dolores, what a great name for a new baby vampire daughter! Oh my Dolly is a cutie, and really takes after Caleb for sure! Wow, go Max on getting all those aspirations done! What a fun season, I love this little family!

Spanglers: Makes sense they start at Culpepper, that's how you become part of the Culpepper Pals! :D I remember my first spellcaster. It was so much fun. I still enjoy mermaids and spellcasters, even if they are some of the weaker sups in my opinion. Poor Morgyn! lol I think it was a great place, and I still have issues finding it sometime. lol I really do like the look of the magic realm. I wish there was more "lore" to find (like they do with some later packs) but I still really like it. Once you meet Jo, unless you just come across HORRIBLY, I think you are pretty much automatically on the invite list. I do enjoy the tail in the bath. I felt the same way about dueling. Wish I had a bit more input that could help affect it in some way, but oh well. Oh man, poor Adora and Akira, I liked them. Awww, a Leafbat is PERFECT for Elise! Awww, Morgyn at least gets some good out of being left behind as a sage! What fun!

Summer 2:
McMullen: YAY, back with Jo and Mackenzie! Poor Snickers, always sick at the beginning of a season. What a fun pool party they had, and good job Jo on that dive! Weird that she didn't get a tail in the pool, hopefully it works out later. I can't remember, did Snickers have one of the traits that maybe made her more likely to leave the lot, free-spirit maybe? Anyway, usually mine are because I didn't play with them daily (or walk them for a dog.) Pets becoming elders always feels too soon, but you are right, the timing for their age vs sims ages are really pretty spot on, even if it is too soon.

Generation Pages: I didn't read through, but the picture of the teens, OMG, they are all so adorable! I can't wait to see them all become teens!

Titan: Windenburg is a gloomy place! I still love it, and it's beautiful, but it is very gloomy. YAY for a new baby, although I understand not wanting the population to explode. I am trying my best not to do that in my rotational hood too, although ultimately I will not be following spares via playing them like you likely are, since mine are all doing challenges where I will just follow the heir(ess). Poor Frankie with the cone. I love Norah and am so happy she has such a happy life for herself! I LOVE the boys make-overs!!! I like the idea of having a festival to attend. YAY for a little girl, Marnie is a cute name. I really should use those pools more often. Toddler beds appear to be the MOST comfortable seating in a house. lol The boys in that shot do look identical, hard to tell for sure.

Brows: YAY you finally got the key back. It is weird that a key to one place works all places, but I guess once you give someone a key they get a key to all your places past, present, and future. lol A lovely day on the beach! Oooh the wrestlers are back!! Man, Candy really has just hung around for forever! YAY for Tori, who is already adorable! Oh my I understand about feeling "guilty" for not randomizing traits! That little smile on Tori....omg, I love her. Same with the high chair, at least before infants. I stopped buying them. I might have to start again now but still. I have yet to ever have anyone make 5-stars of fame, I'm rooting for Dusty! Maybe the stan is trying to sneak, and that's how she sees others (vampires) stalk? lol

Bell: Well I figured this was coming, but I'm surprised that Adora is going to take care of Akira's daughter, but I guess she's fully raised her so far. Wasn't Cookie blue when you visited the vet with Snickers? Guess it didn't get fixed. Awww, poor Shari, being clingy. Ooh, a blending of families soon perhaps???? That was a lot that all happened at once, power outage, kids making a mess, exchanging phone numbers in front of your ex, Jo. lol Tania is already adorable and should fit right in! What an interesting summer for the family. It seems like all is going well at least!

Vatore: Once again, I love Caleb. Whew, glad the fire wasn't too destructive. Awww, Max won't be a vampire anymore? I guess it makes sense for him. Sims can get stuck in the WEIRDEST places. FINALLY, maybe Candy can move on from Dusty. I notice she didn't tell Lilith that she stalks the heck out of Dusty still. lol They might have scared off the patron, but I think the bartender was into Candy and Lilith's "recreation." Dolly is already a child!? She's cute, as expected. Wow, who know Caleb had the ability to walk on water, or maybe he's just floating over the water? lol No no, Max is invisibly drinking from that very real glass right in front of him. :shifty:

Spangler: The cauldron mac and cheese is PERFECT for a big party!! I think it's POSSIBLE that Kaylie has figured out Venus is a mermaid, but who knows. lol I really need to use their "powers" more, I never change the weather with them. It's funny to me that Morgyn has a bun, I wouldn't have even known it was him if I didn't know that's who Elise was interested in. Awww, an engagement already!!!! Awww Sims and weddings! lol Still, yay for the couple! I am sure Venus is a bit sad they are moving out, but I hope Morgyn's comment is foreshadowing for Venus and Kaylie. :D YAY Kalie is here to stay, I hope! YAY moving to Sulani AND Glimmerbrook!!
YAY, what fun updates, and I'm two more seasons down!! Such a fun time!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Oof, sorry I wrote you a NOVEL last time, although I got through 2 seasons, so there was a lot to say, and I'm back for even more. :D
Spoiler:
Autumn 2:
McMullen: I guess maybe Jo didn't like how Candy was with Dusty. lol I think Kirby is supposed to be a captain or something like that. It's the 'bars' on her arm, but I can't remember what it's called exactly. I don't mind the fame thing, but it bugs the crap out of me that friends/family have the same things as strangers, like no, they are well known, they have seen this person like every day (or whatever) for their entire lives, they aren't 'famous' to them...yes, they are famous, but to her friends, Dusty would just be Dusty. Poor Snickers, sick twice in one round. A new cat!!! YAY. ROFL, that "glitch" with holding the cat is too funny!! OH NO, Snickers!!!! NOOOO :cryingeyes: :cryingeyes: OMG, Shadow was the sadness thing. :( :cry: Welcome Rosy. What a sad way to end!

Titan: Your poor pets, every season. I love David's selfie about it. Poor Morgan. lol I'm not sure David is going to be one for commitment, at least not yet. I love how different the boys are, it's fun. Teens really are the BEST help! Good job Oli!!! Aww, she's a cutie, and I guess taking after her bro makes sense. I love pumpkin patches, I really need to do something like that. LOL, curfew reminders from the dog. One of my family's has dogs that love puddles too. I think I finally trained it out of them, but man....I think I get Oli. Gnomes are AWESOME for starter sims, or garden sims to gete cheep produce, but man, after a family is established it can be a bit much. I often do the gnomes last and then end the holiday. They are super handy for poor sims though, cause those packets can provide a nice nest egg. OMG, Oli spoke to Cassandra Goth all on his own???? Way to go Oli and nice pick! Oh Shari! Aww, David and the family-oriented, it makes sense. Awww, I can still see Oli being a goofball, he loves playing with toys, he's just socially a bit awkward, too bad that trait wasn't a thing yet.

Brows: HAHA, Summer trying to 'impress' was funny. Reading this I am realizing I have NEVER had a family hire a maid. They were like a guarantee for me in TS2, but TS4, nope. Wow, stealing a toddler's birthday cake is just cruel, I hope she gets a NEW stan!! Tori is SO CUTE!! Social Butterfly is the HARDEST aspiration! Especially with the pictures being "fixed" now. LOL....Summer is mad at Norah being an alien, where has Summer been? lol I love the partners in crime! Wow, this stan is a piece of work! Now stealing from children!!??? That is one issue with kids and a rotational hood, I have forgotten that a couple of times, and missed getting it because the kids grew up. Wow, good job!! It helps the families are already close I guess, and with kids similar ages. Awww, I really do love this family.

Bell: Tania is SO CUTE!! Taeko is really pretty, I love that she isn't just a "standard" looking sim! Oooh, I like the idea of Taeko and Max! YAY, boyfriend and girlfriend! I love these two already. I don't know that I realized cats can use the balls and OMG I need to get every cat I have in game one now. LOL....poor Max, having vampire parents that don't sleep would be tough. Also, Lilith is a REALLY beautiful sim. Awwww, I'm happy for Adora, she seems so much happier with Travis. LOL....the bees attacked IN the house? Wow. Tania is a cutie. The wedding was lovely, even if it wasn't in full bloom. I have yet to ever use the puppet thing and I see other people do it and think, why have I never tried that? Lovely update again!
That's where I actually have to leave today, but great updates!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

All right I am going to finish the season, maybe get through another if my day stays quiet enough. :D
Spoiler:
Autumn 2:
Vatore: Awww, I'm sorry you weren't interested in Venus, I liked her, but I also get it. You should enjoy playing and have fun with the families you are spending time with so I totally get it. As a random question (I know it has been FOREVER so totally cool if not, but did you ever happen to add her to the gallery anywhere? I think she would be super fun for my Name Game family (who are mostly mermaids) and she was adorable! Again, totally fine to say no or you don't have her, NO BIGGIE!! Anyway, enough of that, onto the family. Poor Kirby! lol Oh dear, poor Taeko, it's a lot to take in and Max being totally unfazed probably doesn't help. lol Too bad that the parties aren't working right. Awww, welcome Bella!! Good for Candy having "the talk" with Lilith about her vampirism and how it will affect their long term relationship. Good job Kirby, and bravo Taeko for being brave! Kirby and Caleb are AWESOME. Awww, sisterly advise, I love it, and how is it Max is going to uni??? YAY for Lilith and Candy!! Kirby and Caleb are just so sweet together, I love them. Awww Taeko and Max are also adorable, how is this whole Vatore family my favorites?? What a lovely family picture at the end.

Spanglers: I have never actually played IN Glimbrook either, just send sims through to the magic realm. Wow, almost none of the pals like Morgyn. BAHAHA, I love Morgyn defeating Darth Vader. So funny, you were having vampire clothes, and not star wars clothes. OMG, "More like the Realm of the Fashionably Challenged" for sure!! Woo, good job Elise, you finally beat Morgyn. Love Athena, suits Mogyn I think. There is something about Elise that I just love. She's so adorable, I can't wait to meet their little one! Wow, that's a curse I haven't gotten yet, wow! At least it was easy for Morgyn to get rid of. Carolyn is adorable! CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!

Winter 2: (I'm so close to being through year 2!!!)
McMullen: Jo is probably older due to being the only one with zero kids, although Dusty wasn't the one that was pregnant, but weill. That weird pause aging during pregnancy can really mess with the ages of groups. Jo looks great as an elder! Nice job on finishing Jo's aspiration and they are a cute older couple now. It will be weird to not have this family eventually, but it is the way of life.

Titan: I'm wondering if all your sims are in these party-type outfits because of one of the spooky day parties where no one showed up. Maybe they got costumes even though they didn't arrive. Gotta love sims logic that let's them come from an island paradise to snowy Windenburg in minutes. Awww, Norah is so sweet, it will be weird for them to leave all those memories, but it's sweet why she wants to. Thank goodness the fire didn't do more damage! I swear the dog walks are still 'bad.' They just stand around a lot of the time. Wow, that is quite the change. I know IRL I could never go back to living in an apartment (ok not NEVER if I HAD to, but still, not by choice.) Awww, well Frankie seems to really love David and vice versa, so it makes sense. A nice season for them.

Titan-Ojo 1: The lumps of clay were most certainly a problem for a while. lol Oh man, issues like that can be so frustrating. It does a good job of reminding you to save frequently with this game. The librarians in this game are often really nice-looking sims. The NAP's really did cause a lot of issues early on. I don't think I got EL right away and I'm glad. lol But I also immediately turned off all NAP's because of all the issues I knew so many had with them. Ooh, intrigue with Bella and Casey. I like Casey, I feel like she calls David out on his crap. lol Yep, like Casey a lot. YAY he has a girlfriend, and a good one too.

Titan-Ojo 2 (and Brows apparently): OH NO! I'm glad you had a backup, even if it was back to Jan, but still. OH YAY, a newer backup!! I'm so happy for you, that is all GREAT news!!! Awww, I'm glad he's with Cassie, but that does add a weirdness factor to David's update. lol Woo, good job Dusty, the 5th star, and accolade, she was killing it! Hey, I'm just super happy for you, that you JUST lost some pictures. That's pretty minimal of an issue in the overall scheme of things!!

Bell: This family is so sweet. You gotta love all those random "issues" that can pop up in TS4. Is that a sand "snowpal"? How fun! Seems like a pretty nice Winterfest, and I bet that empty one was the prank gift. It's still so sad. lol I sometimes wish there was more of a "loan" type option for Sims, but it's good you found a way to do it. It's so crazy to watch everyone slowly turn into elders. They have done so much! It was a lovely season for the family.

Vatore: Caleb I can see, he's a vampire and I'm guessing cold doesn't overly affect him, but Max isn't anymore! Aww, I'll miss Lilith, but it makes sense for her and Candy. I already love Dolly! Hmmm, I have a feeling Dolly will be moving out to follow her own rules as soon as she can. lol Oh yeah this is going to go, well, probably badly, but we'll see. Well I think Wolfgang might have been the perfect "victim" then. lol Kirby is a smart mom. Awww, I'm happy for Max and Taeko, I like them. Ok, Caleb is TOTALLY oblivious, but Kirby is missing the holes in Wolfgang? lol What a fun season for these guys, although not surprising!
All right that is where I have to end, but hey, I basically made it ALMOST through year 2, just one family left. It's been so much fun binging my way through your updates!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Geez, I have spammed you so much lately. I really want to finish year 2 at least, and try and get through another season!
Spoiler:
Winter 2:
Spangler: I love Mt Komorebi and all the activities. I think it's great. What a lovely Winterfest and a place to spend it. Some of these later worlds they really did hit out of the park. All of the worlds are pretty in their own ways, but some of the later worlds are just exquisite I think. There are most certainly "best" ways to skill toddlers for sure. Congrats on the first Top-Notch Toddler!! Glimmerbrook really is quite pretty at night with the snow. A fun season for them!

Spring 3:
McMullen: Crazy I'm in year 3 already! Woo. Aww, kittens!!! But also kittens??? Awww, well at least they aren't gone gone. I am already wishing I was these two on this vacation. Awww, Makenzie wants to get engaged to Jo, that's cute. Also a bit of a surprise for me because I kind of thought they were engaged. lol I'm not sure why I just thought they had just not gotten married, oh well, a pretty and simple wedding! You know, I just noticed (and I'm probably late to your knowledge of this) but I happened to see the hearts from the one cat in this update, and I can't remember, was the cat in heat when they ran away last time. If so, she might have come back pregnant! If I remember correctly, Morgyn and Jo were practically enemies, but maybe that was a different pal. OMG, Jo!!!! I thought she had a bit longer!! I'm so glad they had a good vacation now!

Titan: Poor Marnie, that's not a fun day to have a birthday. Way to go Marnie, it can be easier with all the bonuses they get having successful childhoods. If Miko was male Norah would have probably been excited to raise more kids, especially little alien babies. lol I like Kaori, so I'm glad Marnie does too so far, even if you didn't think much of her. I think you are good at taking even 4 shots for 24 hours. I can take zero sometimes, and other times I practically fill and entire post for 2 days. lol Awww, poor Marnie, it's so interesting to me what flowers are and aren't accepted.

Titan-Ojo: I like the family photo, it's cute in it's own way, everyone a little separated since they are all living their own lives (for the most part) but all still together and connected. I like Casey's mermaid look, she's super cute! Poor Frankie, so many cones for the poor pup. Off the grid can be REALLY difficult. Oh no!!!! Poor Frankie, he died in a cone of shame. :( AWWW, look at baby Lula!!! So cute and chubby pup!! I feel like this life is perfect for David.

Goth: Oh no, what happened to poor Oli's update?? Oh no, poor Oli....someday he'll have a full update of all his pictures. :) The apartment looks nice though. LOL....everyone watching the wedding through the windows is like a staple now. Mortimer does not overly look happy about this wedding. It's a lovely extended family portrait! Well, I'm going to choose to believe that Cassie is just very health-conscious about what she drinks, cause yeah...water? I mean water is fine, I drink quite a bit of it, but it's not my favorite drink. lol Awww yay a baby AND a new house!!! I love the house, it's wonderful Sam! Awww, Danny, so we didn't see the birth or him as a bassinet baby, no biggie, we get to see his adorable toddler self! Oh boy, maybe the aliens have finally moved on from Miko. lol
All right I think that's where I leave today. :) These have been really fun!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Ok, I'm going to only read through the rest of the season I'm currently on.
Spoiler:
Spring 3:
Brows: Your poor pictures. Tori is such a pretty teen! Awww Bruno! He's a handsome cat. Fun party, but sad about him running away. He must not be getting enough attention, or it's during a glitch where pets run away frequently or something. The penthouse seems like a good place to live really. Poor Tori, sad and wanting corn on the grill, a fire is not surprising at all. A lovely visit to the beach as well.

Bell: Poor Caroline isn't going to have anyone to hang out. lol Awwww, Butters!! It would be useful to have a vet. I'll be interested to get to that in my own save. Tania is really pretty! LOL, poor Adora. I'm laughing at the way you wrote, this, but the poor woman. Every man with her. lol Makes sense to have aged her up, I probably would have to. She's a cutie. Caroline can have a friend!!! Awww, Cookie!!! He's been around for a while though so I guess it makes sense. You will be miss though Cookie. Poor Shari, she's taking it hard. I understand! Sure, Caroline shows up and talks and gets attacked, but make a message practically on Butters, no biggie. lol

Vatore: Oh the times of whims....bee boxes were so common in the spring. I don't think I even knew bird feeders were thing. lol I need to look through BB more. Welp, this was bound to happen, I mean you were doing it right there in the living room! Yup, kind of figured that's how this was going. Poor Kirby, she's going to be so heartbroken. I don't see Dolly agreeing with their way of life, at least not right away. But vampires do live a long time. Happy Birthday Dolly, good luck in your new place next season!

Embers: The festival of youth is way more interesting with "youth." lol I think it takes a couple of "squashes" before you typically die....I had a sim die from it (but very much on purpose trying to make it happen.) YAY a new baby! I really do like Mt. Komorebi, I need to send my sims out doing things more often. Awww, I like the little phoenix familiar. Geppetto in a sweater is adorable! Awww, welcome to Tarin!! He is adorable!! Such a sweet family.

University: Awww, sorry it was not the funnest start, but the wedding was lovely. The picture is very nice of all the family. Hopefully uni is more exciting for you next time.
All right another season down. Overall all a good season.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I've just come back from a week away with my siblings (we had an amazing time) but I'm pretty knackered now :lol:

Ciyrose, I will reply to your comments when I get a minute, but I have to say I've absolutely loved reading your reactions as you go through the earlier updates :heart: so much nostalgia for how things used to be! I hope you continue to enjoy them :)

And there's another update! Summer 4 with the Villareals :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 4! 1st July '23)

Post by Sam »

Update! :heart:
Time for summer with the Titan-Ojo family!
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by klmnz »

I find Sulani households so relaxing to play too! I like all your mermaids. And the Q household is such a fun addition, their houses have been amazing (I want them for myself IRL lol).
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Spoiler:
Playing ahead is sometimes great for being able to foreshadow something in an update, but frustrating when you have to keep what is currently going on to yourself! I'm a full 2 rotations ahead in my game, even after taking a 5-month break from playing when infants were first announced. :shifty:

Villareal: Off to a strong start with Josyln's birthday! :lol: The kids and adults each finding their own space to catch up is so cute and realistic! Cassandra hanging out with the cat is also cute, but stealing the paintings less so! Perhaps being erratic runs in the Villareal family? I know I definitely commented on one of your posts, but I love Josyln's engineering outfit; the grease on the face is a nice touch! Luna and Marnie look great with their slightly older makeovers! Hannah looking like a tiny Luna is also too precious. The summer rotation is really bittersweet in a way - all the original kids are growing older, and the new generation is starting to take over! Looking forward to watch them grow up as well.

Titan-Ojo:Busy start to the rotation! Poor Lulu. :( Extremely intriguing that the twins are blue! Honestly I love doing matching outfits for twins, because it means I have one less kid to find a 'unique' outfit for! It's a shame Lulu passed at the start of the rotation, because I think infants with snuggly sleeper are also happy snuggling up to a pet. Haven't tested it out in my own game though, oddly enough none of my infants got that trait! Twin infants are soooo much more work, but at least toddlerhood feels like a breeze now in comparison. I suppose the stress of twin babies can perhaps explain David's midlife crisis? Oh, of course this busy week wouldn't be complete without a fire at their family gathering! Jeb's one of my favourite teen townies, so looking forward to seeing f him and Samantha make it!

Edit: I've also been trying to figure out the mystery baby again, and I just spent 30 minutes painstakingly going through your Culpeppers blog to find the post... only to realize I saw it on your other blog. :duh: After careful analysis... my best guess is Jared and Alice's baby, because the floorboards in the picture are the same as the ones in their new house, and the baby's hair looks like one of the darker brown shades.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 4 Part 4! 8th July '23)

Post by Sam »

klmnz:
It's such a laidback world, I love playing sims there - and it's the perfect world for my mermaids! The Q family have definitely become one of my favourites :heart: Their current home in Strangerville is definitely one of my favourites in the entire save :)

Heather:
Spoiler:
I definitely struggle at keeping the upcoming events to myself :lol: things are about to be shaken up for a couple of families and I wanna talk about it :lol: I'm not super far ahead, just in Autumn 4, but even so!

Villareal:
Honestly couldn't believe that mishap with the cake :lol: I love getting them all together :heart: Cass is such an oddball, and I love her for it. I was planning to have her keep the things she steals and decorate her home with them, but maybe not if it's going to be the same wall art every week :lol: It is interesting how some traits seem to run in families! I had so much fun assigning Joslyn a rocket-building outfit! I love that Hannah is a tiny Luna :heart: Summer 4 definitely feels transitional, the younger generation is definitely beginning to step into the spotlight more! It's very strange to play.

Titan-Ojo: Lulu was definitely one of my favourite dogs of the save, so it was super sad to see her go. I'm really not sure why they were born blue?? I did consider cheating to make them green like David, but in the end decided to roll with it. Oh man, I would have loved to see the twins with Lulu! They were cute but definitely hard work :lol: you're right though, toddlers will be a breeze! That could be it, bless him! I'm so excited that Samantha hit it off with Jeb, he's such an intriguing character! I really am hoping they make it long term!

Correct! The baby belongs to Jared & Alice! Nice detective work :lol: I can't wait to introduce the little one properly when we get to the autumn rotation, because they're so so cute. And Jared with a baby honestly :heart:

Also, unrelated, but I commented on one of your tumblr posts the other day - when you see likes & comments on tumblr from majestic-nessie that's me :lol: I had to comment on the Caleb post :lol: :heart:
:hug:
Time for an update!
Summer with the Goths - and I had a great time playing this one :heart:
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Ok, I am back again. Had some busy days at work so I couldn't actually do much reading, but I'm excited to try and get through some more here. :)
Spoiler:
Summer 3:
McMullen: Awww, Makenzie has a very quiet part of the week she had. Glad the cats went to someone you knew, even if they aren't with a playable anymore. It is hard to lose founding sims, or the spouses of the founding sims.

Titan: Marnie really is quite the active little teen isn't she? Wow, good job completing that aspiration as a teen. She really is focused. I mean, this family does feel more like an Onsen family then a "hit the slopes" family. HAHA, I love the ghost applauding the kiss. Too funny! I like Luna for Marnie, I hope it stays going well. Oh yay the Titans are back in a house!!! I like Mt. Komorebi a lot, have one family living there now and it's fun. I love all the stuff that came with Snowy Escape. LOL, the aliens really do love Miko. YAY for Luna and Marnie. I really do like them together. Awww, I don't blame you for not being ready for Miko to go. Still a wonderful season for them!

Titan-Ojo: Good job David, it will all be ok. :) I really do like Casey for David. I understand having my NG family be made up of mostly mermaids, if I don't know where one is it's almost always in the ocean. I spy Ukupaniko back there in the mermaid club, he's who married my NG founder and gave me all the mermaids, I love Uku! Welcome baby Riley, who will instantly be a toddler Riley! And he is ADORABLE! Awww, David and Riley getting along is so cute! I also really love this family. Looking forward to see what life has in store for Riley.

Goth: Oh boy, a new baby for the Goth family, I'm excited to see the new alien baby. Danny is just adorable! LOL, poor Cassie, I am kind of cracking up at all her broom shenanigans. I LOVE Erratic sims, so Danny is going to be so fun to watch grow up. Awww, yay little girl! Anastasia fits the Goth name perfectly! HAHA, I love the dinner shot where the 'action figure' had cake for dinner. A fun season for them!

Brows: HAHA, Tori was really glitched after that dive. Poor girl. lol Awww, bye bye Dusty. :( Poor Summer, it's really hard on her right now. YAY for ghost Dusty showing for the birthday. I also find it a bit weird that ghost versions have none of the relationship status they had before. Oh for that Tori and Venessa are now girlfriends. Summer looks lovely and way to go Tori with befriending Throne, even if no one else likes him!
Ok, that is all I am going to get through for now. About half way through this next season.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

All right, hopefully, I can get through the rest of this season.
Spoiler:
Summer 3:
Bell: YAY the kitties are back with played homes, that was a good idea. Hello again Shadow. :) HAHA, gotta love the game-generated names like 'Cat'. I do understand about wishing there were more than 4 aspirations for kids. I get why there were the 4 for so long due to the skills, but I'm so happy we have the 4 new ones now. I also find the social butterfly the hardest one for kids. Although having the rec center now seems to have helped because I plopped down 4 kids at one of the game tables and had them chatting and it didn't take THAT long to gain friendships. I love when sims decide to play the sea monster for the kids. It's so cute. Adora is a wonderful mother to mother so many girls. She's just the best. Bye bye Adora, you had quite the life and did an amazing job! It's amazing, having been binge-reading this, that you had a moment wondering if you would keep playing Adora, and look what turns that actually took? So cool. Awww, poor Bessie! Tania will have fun with Strangerville I'm sure, I'll probably skip that update since I haven't even managed to go through that mystery myself yet. lol

Vatore: Oh yay, I love the idea of Kirby and Caleb in Henford....kind of funny though, feels like Dolly didn't NEED to move out if her parents were. :D Oh Max taking it over instead makes a LOT of sense. Yeah, I thought it was nice the "large" crops aren't season based. Makes sense since they are a grow once, harvest and then have to start all over vs grow and then harvest again and again. I LOVE Henford! I love the sweater on Matilda. So cute! Kirby with the bunny is so adorable!! I love their time in Henford, and I'm glad Caleb isn't deterred from not winning. :)

Vatore 2: Tanner is adorable already! LOL, I am laughing at exchanging numbers in the pool! lol Ooh, I like what you have going on with Dolly and Diego. Yep, I really do like Deloros and Diego, it feels weird to call her Dolly in the same sentence as him. :D Woo for sunlight immunity. HAHA, I love Diego's telling of their first meeting. Man Kirby and Caleb really did have that like strained smile face. It's great. What a fun update! Gotta love it when the sims have different plans then you did.
Ok, didn't quite get through the season, but fun all the same!!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 4 Part 5! 14th July '23)

Post by Sam »

ciyrose:
Spoiler:
Summer 3:
McMullen: I didn't want to get too deep into anything with her that week, knowing what was about to happen :heart: I'm so glad I kept the cats in the save! It's so difficult, but I'm finding generation 2 getting older even harder? :lol:

Titan: Marnie is definitely driven! I forgot she completed her first aspiration as a teen. Oh yeah, the family overall are definitely more of an onsen family :lol: Luna is definitely one of my favourite premades, she's so sweet. I loved having them living there! It's such a nice location, especially by all the hiking trails. Miko and the aliens :lol: I get so much nostalgia reading through your comments!

Titan-Ojo: Casey is definitely one of my favourites :) I feel like if you have one mermaid, pretty soon you're going to have a whole bunch :lol: I haven't actually married many of the mermaid premades in, across any of my saves, maybe it's time to change that soon. It's super sweet that you just got to Riley's birth when I played his YA birthday the other day :heart: I can't wait to see what he does with his life.

Goth: They were bound to end up with an alien baby at some point I reckon :lol: the Erratic trait is an unusual one for me, I'm never quite sure how to write it in :hmm: Anastasia was the name I gave Cassandra & Don's daughter in TS2, and it's just the perfect fit for the Goths so I had to reuse it here :lol:

Brows:
I found it really hard losing Dusty, I have to say. I don't play much with ghosts, so it was a surprise to learn about the relationship thing. I may have to add a ghost to the save at some point! Tori and Thorne have an entire plot line coming up... :shifty:

Bell:
Cat is the best cat name, I love it so much :lol: Is it bad that I now mostly avoid the original 4 and play the new ones? :lol: so new and exciting! I used to find the Social one the worst, but now I think it's Whiz Kid for me. I rarely finish Whiz Kid now. The game tables! I didn't think of that. Adora was an amazing sim in the end - her life took such a turn from where I thought it would go! And she was such a good mother, regardless of whether they were biologically hers or not. The interesting thing about it is she did it again in an AU save I played - found a man with a child already! Adora likes to throw me curveballs. I'm so glad I decided to keep playing her. Tania is another one who stole my heart :heart: that is the reason I separated it out, I can't believe I managed to avoid spoilers until I played the mystery!!

Vatore:
Well when I moved Dolly out, I hadn't decided I was moving Kirby and Caleb to Henford :lol: But yeah, Max kept it. And later on, much later on, the original house pops up again. It was a huge relief to find you can grow them whenever. Henford was gorgeous, and the perfect place for them both.

Vatore 2:
Tanner is a gorgeous cat! She picked him out, I was powerless to stop them :lol: The pair of them make such an interesting couple as the seasons progress, I never quite know what will happen next!
I'm glad you're enjoying the updates, it's so nice reliving these older seasons through your comments! :heart:

----
Time for an update!
Summer with the Holidays, anyone? :)
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by klmnz »

I love the Holidays! It's cool seeing Orange get to have a whole life in your save, I've never married him in or anything so he usually is a very background Sim in my saves. Plus I secretly have a soft spot for Thorne! And I think he and Tori are kind of adorable together <3
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Spoiler:
Goth: Loving all of your adult makeovers so far! Greta climbing in through the window to ask Ana to be her girlfriend has big Twilight energy. :lol: I've made over the high school early on myself if you haven't found one you like already, I've just yet to upload it because I haven't done the auditorium to go with it. Your sims are all such scholars with their early graduations! Loving their vacation looks, especially Ana and Ella's with their lil hats. <3 Oh, the polka dots with the funky bathing suit tan line really is a winner. "So grounded" gave me a good giggle. :lol: You're so right about him having classic dad on holiday vibes. The board games and puzzles really are perfect for a rainy day on vacation! Ella and Tarin are such a sweet pair, I think my favourite couple of this generation! Breaking up with Greta really was for the best... and still the Twilight energy is strong with Jacob becoming her friend. ;)

Holiday:Pets really choose the most mildly inconvenient times to get sick, don't they? Poor Tori! The awards ceremony was buggy as hell for me when I last had one, too, did your announcer keep trying to take off? I think it's more than fair to cheat that goal complete. The pictures from the Captain Sigma shoot are gorgeous. <3 The view from that hot tub, though!! Life goals. Orange wandering about Tartosa while feeling distant really felt like a teen movie moment, in a good way. I hate you for making me empathize with your Thorne Bailey, I just want to hate him, but I can't. The background teen cat romance. :lol:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 4 Part 6! 21st July '23)

Post by Sam »

klmnz:
They're a lot of fun to play! I've never played Orange, or Thorne, before this, so it's been really nice getting to know them. Orange is such a sweetheart! Thorne used to annoy me before he got with Tori - mostly because he would just show up on community lots and demand attention! I've really enjoyed seeing a different side to him over the rotations.

Heather:
Spoiler:
Goth: Thanks, I'm having a great time doing them?! I find it's really adding to the transition-y feel of the last few rotations. How did I not clock how Twilight-y this update was :lol: I haven't actually looked for a high school makeover yet, I will most likely use yours when/if you put it up, if that's okay with you! I've stopped playing them at school so often to curb the amount of early graduates :lol: I've really enjoyed giving the families vacation looks - and using more of the hats!! Genuinely the best/worst tan of the season :lol: Ella and Tarin are definitely one of my favourite couples. I've played one season where they're both YA now, and they just work so well together. I still can't believe I missed the Twilight parallels :lol:

Holiday: Yup! I swear the pets in my save went a really long time without getting ill, too - it seems now it's back to every rotation. Yes! Hopefully it's less glitchy by the time I get back around to it, because I'd love for her to actually have the award. The Captain Sigma set is probably my favourite, honestly! Tartosa is just so gorgeous. Orange definitely had his teenage angst moment this season :lol: it was interesting to see him go from Distant to Close, though. Ha, I love that :lol: mission accomplished! Thorne has been such a surprise to play! I love the Cat Girl, I hope she has more adventures in the background :lol:
----
:hug:
Time for an update - summer with Brianna Caliente!
I have so much fun playing Bri :heart:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 4 Part 7! 21st July '23)

Post by Sam »

u p d a t e ! :tea:
a short(ish) but sweet season with the Zests!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 4 Part 7! 21st July '23)

Post by Heather »

Spoiler:
Caliente:Yes, surely nothing will happen! :lol: Both non-committal, oh goodness, surely that won't make for some interesting gameplay down the road, either. ;) They do make a good pair, I have to admit, looking forward to seeing if these two actually make it or not! Their Sulani vacation was lovely, and I adore Bri and Grace's vacation outfits! It really is a shame sims can't ride boats or jetskis together. As soon as I saw Bri gain child of the ocean, I was like oh she's about to become a mermaid, and I was glad to see my hunch was correct! A tip for the windows - 'recolouring' them with the swatch tool in buildmode will reset them back to glass. Bri wanting to quit before even starting the job is such a mood.

Zest:Friendship bracelets really feel like they were made with rotational play in mind! So cute being able to have the various kiddos exchange them now. Again, loving the vacation outfits. Vacations are honestly much more enjoyable when you leave the pets at home, especially in the jungle! Becky and the jungle cats. <3 A good thing she was able to get an antidote! And nice that they were all able to enjoy a relaxing leisure day in the jungle. Can the kids do wheelies randomly after learning how to ride a bike? Waverly's just learned in my game and I have not caught her doing any yet. I love that you gave Becky a scar after!

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”