My Side of the Story (Jan 21 update)

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Saturn7Blue

My Side of the Story (Jan 21 update)

Post by Saturn7Blue »

Hello, my name is Calypso Johnson and I have "borrowed" my player's boolprop account in hopes of getting word to the outside world about what she's doing. I know this is a forum for sharing stories and I guess my tale doesn't really look like most of the stuff I've seen here, but I do have a story and I hope you'll read it and think kindly of me. I hope it's alright with the mods here . . . I'm hoping I can stop by every few days and write a little bit about what I've been going through. Maybe something like a journal?

You see, my player is full of crazy plans for me, my husband (that I don't have), my kids (that I also don't have), and my entire life. She calls it a "legacy". And she's super mean to me. Yesterday she had me out painting in the snow for hours, and she thought I'd be cool with it 'cause I love the outdoors and I'm creative. And she refused to buy me any food! I had to beg chips from a bartender and steal a drink from an old man to get by. Today she finally bought me some pretzels and acted like it was a huge reward. I'd like to tell you more, about how she made me pee in a bush, and kept ogling men in the park and making comments about whether or not they were attractive enough to be my husband, but, as I said, I know my story isn't much like the other ones here and I'm not sure if it's okay to share.

I guess if you want to hear about this from my player's point of view, you can watch her video about it. I think it's disgusting that she's broadcasting my treatment to the world but . . . well, maybe here I can find people who are interested in hearing my side of the story.

-- Calypso Johnson

PS here I am eating my pretzels - so delicious in my half starved state, you can't even imagine!

Last edited by Saturn7Blue on January 22nd, 2019, 7:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
Saturn7Blue

Re: My Side of the Story

Post by Saturn7Blue »

Hello, everyone.

I am so grateful that the mods here have agreed to let me tell my story in this way. It lightens my heart to know that I can share my experiences, even if only with a group of internet strangers.

I had a challenging day today. My player spent a good deal of time taking me husband hunting. I had orders to find a "hottie", preferably a creative one, because my player is already planning out our careers as artists. Eventually, I did meet a nice guy about my own age and . . . I have so many mixed feelings! He is a little reserved, but he loves art, and he's highly creative. We honestly had a great time discussing color theory and our favorite artists - despite the fact that my player was meanwhile making fun of his mustache and speculating on whether he might pass his red hair onto our children. I'm torn. I hate to give into my my player's nefarious schemes, but I REALLY REALLY do like this guy.

My player took us to Geek Con which was a totally humiliating experience. I enjoyed getting to know my new friend, but then my player decided I should busy myself stealing food from the other festival goers. It was horrible. My player laughed like a donkey the entire time AND she recorded it all to post online. You can watch it here if you want, but please remember that my actions were not of my own free will.

Meanwhile, here's a picture my player took of me painting in the snow. She praised me for my hard work, which I did appreciate, but that doesn't mean I'm going to make friends with her any time soon.

-- Calypso Johnson

Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: My Side of the Story

Post by Cororon »

Saturn7Blue wrote:Hello, everyone.

I am so grateful that the mods here have agreed to let me tell my story in this way. It lightens my heart to know that I can share my experiences, even if only with a group of internet strangers.
Hello! :wave:

There are almost as many ways to play the game and storytelling as there are simmers, and that's a great part of the fun! :D And we don't have to be strangers, so feel free to post an introduction in our Introduction section. ^^ We are a friendly bunch here! :D :lemonade: :oreo: :donut:
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Re: My Side of the Story (Jan 6 update)

Post by snazzle »

I'm loving this twist to storytelling, but I agree - we don't have to stay strangers. :)
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I'm loving this way of telling a story! Keep it up!! :)
Saturn7Blue

Post by Saturn7Blue »

Hello, Boolprop friends!

Thank you all for your words of support. It feels good to be able to share my story.

It's snowing in Windenburg tonight, and I'm curled up in my tent, thinking and trying to keep warm. I'm wondering if I need to readjust my attitude a bit. I am definitely facing some hard times, but there others who have it worse than I do, and one of them is my new friend Nash Danielson.

Nash is the guy I met the other day, the one who went to GeekCon with me. He's a kind and gentle sim and I'm afraid he's going to be in for some hard times, too, because my player has decided he has to marry me. She had me invite him to move in already! I don't even know if he's comfortable sharing a tent with me, much less if he's willing to become my husband! My player is still up to her old harsh ways, making us paint in the snow till all hours of the night and refusing to buy us proper food. I had to teach Nash how to bum chips off the bartenders at the Narwhal Arms so he could have a "decent" dinner. But I'm afraid that this Legacy Challenge lifestyle is going to be worse for Nash than for me. You see, he was born with a rare condition called Conflictus Traitus Syndrome. As a result, he's both a loner and gregarious, and his aspiration is to be highly popular - a sort of "friend of the world", if you will. My player seems to be planning to force him to do a lot of socializing.

Worse. My player - I guess OUR player now - can't even be bothered to learn Nash's name properly. If you watch her latest ridiculous video you'll notice that she calls him "Nate" or worse, "Nate-Nash" at least half the time.

So I gotta say - I'm worried about the poor sim. Send prayers and/or good vibes if you can.

Your friend,
Calypso Johnson

PS Here's a picture of Nash after my player forced him to shave his mustache and cut his hair. His sad expression breaks my heart!

--------------------------------------

OOC: I appreciate the warm welcome and the support! Thank you all!
Peanutbutter

Post Counts

Re: My Side of the Story (Jan 8 update)

Post by Peanutbutter »

Enjoying this so far, interesting perspective.
Spoiler:
Oh your creator is mean making you going around stealing stuff! No wonder you didn't enjoy GeekCon.

You must be freezing living in a tent in the winter. I was worried about mine once it got cold.

I'm sure he'll be alright. He'll adapt to legacy living before long.

TS2- Compact Legacy Upd 10th Apr 20 | Sweetheart Legacy Completed!
Widespot Never Knew What Hit It! Upd 22nd Dec | Be A Flamingo Among Pigeons Upd 3rd Jan

TS3- Party On My Lawn! Upd 8th Jan

Other stuff- Simblr :: Dreamwidth :: MTS downloads

heatherfeather

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by heatherfeather »

Love this! It's so funny seeing things from a sim's perspective. :lol:
Saturn7Blue

Post by Saturn7Blue »

Hello, Boolprop friends!

Thank you once again for your supportive comments. Peanutbutter, this remark of yours especially touched my heart.
Peanutbutter wrote:You must be freezing living in a tent in the winter. I was worried about mine once it got cold.
Your sims are lucky to have a player like you. Frankly, I'm a little jealous. You see, things have been tough around here the past few days. Nash does not feel comfortable sharing a tent with me so we have been sleeping in shifts. That means we're always running low on energy. Our player just orders us to keep on flirting with each other (while painting!) She says this will solve the shared tent problem, but I have my doubts.

We have been working very hard, both at our "spare time" painting and at our new jobs as palette cleaners. Our player rewarded us by buying us an old barrel to grill on. Not much of a reward, considering she yells at me every time I try to use it without asking her permission. She's still got us peeing in a bush, too. And she won't even buy us a bush to place near our tent. We have to hike all the way to the end of the lot while she mutters "knight statues don't buy themselves, y'all" under her breath.

But all that is NOTHING compared to the disaster that happened today. We nearly froze to death! Our player says it was partially her fault for not noticing that we weren't wearing our outdoor clothes. I say there's nothing partial about it! It's totally her fault! I mean, I guess you can watch the video footage of us nearly dying if you feel like you need more information before you decide who's to blame. You can let me know your opinions, I'll wait for you. I can pass the time by daydreaming about having Emma (Peanutbutter) for a player.

Your friend,
Calypso Johnson

PS Our player got all gushy happy when she noticed Nash and I were painting the same subject. If she thinks her gooey enthusiasm is going to make me forget NEARLY DYING, she's wrong!

Saturn7Blue

Re: My Side of the Story (Jan 17 update)

Post by Saturn7Blue »

Hello, Boolprop Friends!

I'm sorry for not posting in a while, but so much has been happening these past few days, I hardly know where to start!

First, Nash and I got promoted! We are going to be working on collating an art book together, and . . . well, at first I was a little nervous about doing a joint project. I mean, Nash and I have tons in common but we didn't exactly become best buddies right away.

The weekend started off more or less as we expected. There was a terrible blizzard, and our player had us out there painting in the storm all night. We have improved our painting skills a great deal and are making quite a bit of money now. Our player is over the moon about that. She told us she was going to buy us a special treat. We hoped against hope that it would be a toilet, but no. The woman bought us a bush. A STUPID :censored: BUSH. And she thought we'd be pleased because now we have a BUSH OF OUR OWN instead of having to walk across the lot to use the other bush in the woods.

So Nash and I used the bush. And painted. And our player forced us to talk to each other and we had many awkward encounters.

But by Saturday evening, things started to change. Nash and I began having pleasant conversations. Money was coming in steadily and our player was talking about building us a real, actual bathroom as soon as we pay off our debt. And then she decided Nash and I should kiss. It was BIZARRE. We were both caught off guard and terribly nervous and our player was making things worse by making us freeze periodically so she could adjust her camera angle and take screenshots. Not to mention her randomly going off on a tangent about an oddly dressed townie who happened to wander by. Still, it was a nice kiss. We had to go back to painting immediately afterward, of course, but it stayed on my mind. Our conversations at the easels became steamy, and this morning I woke up with the whim to perform woohoo in a tent.

And then, the snow melted. Even our cold hearted player was happy to see that! We survived the winter! I think we might be in for some good times yet. ^^
Your friend,
Calypso Johnson

PS Our player still has no concept of privacy so you can see our rollercoaster of a weekend on YouTube if you want. And here's a picture of our intimate moment, too. I shudder to think how she's gonna react to our first woohoo!

heatherfeather

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by heatherfeather »

Congrats on surviving the winter! I hope you act on that whim. :wink:
Saturn7Blue

Post by Saturn7Blue »

Hello, Boolprop friends!

Today I can truly say that I am a happy sim! Finally, FINALLY, Nash and I have earned enough money for our player to pay off the ridiculous imaginary loan she forced upon us so she could get two extra points in her stupid challenge. She is planning to build us a house tomorrow. Nash, dear sweet Nash, says that I should forgive and forget but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do that. I'm not even sure I want to!

I am really excited about the house, though. Our player is talking about a two bedroom cottage with an eat-in kitchen. A real stove! A real shower! Chairs! And a TOILET!!

And as for other news -
heatherfeather wrote:Congrats on surviving the winter! I hope you act on that whim. :wink:
I did act on that whim!! Nash and I couldn't be happier. Well, no, we might have been happier if our player hadn't lurked outside the tent cracking juvenile woohoo jokes, but since we were expecting that, we were prepared to ignore her.

As usual, our player violated our privacy and posted a video on YouTube. (Rated PG, thankfully!) Oh, and she also sent us on a date at the art museum in Willow Springs, which was nice but kind of weird. There's a sim called Mila who lives somewhere around here, I'm not sure where, but we often see her when we go out. She is hard to miss because she's always wearing a formal gown and stomping as she walks. Well, she was at the museum and just sort of butted into our date, which was awkward and a little scary. Our player briefly toyed with the idea of having Mila move it with us, but she seems to have changed her mind about that and I am glad of it! You can check out this picture from our date and decide for yourselves if Mila looks a little unbalanced.

I'll be in touch soon with news about the house!

Your friend,
Calypso Johnson

PS Nash's plumbob is yellow in the photo because he was hungry and had to use the bush but our player refused to send us home until he told me three jokes and flirted with me twice. She said it was "required" for the date.

heatherfeather

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: My Side of the Story (Jan 21 update)

Post by heatherfeather »

Anyone who always wears a ballgown is probably a bit unhinged. Congrats on getting an actual toilet soon!
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: Chiance
Origin ID: Chelsey_m23
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: My Side of the Story (Jan 21 update)

Post by Chels »

Hello Calypso! Seems like you had a bad winter. I'm hoping for bright future for you. I'm excited to hear from you again soon!! I might have to watch the videos of this too.

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”