Christmas 2018 ... Boolprop's Secret Santa - Sign Ups!

Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Christmas 2018 ... Boolprop's Secret Santa - Sign Ups!

Post by Livvielove »

Secret Santa

Merry Christmas, everyone! One of my favorite events of this time of year is the Secret Santa's I see around. I thought... how can I bring this to Boolprop? Well, I came up with something, so we could have our very own Boolprop's Secret Santa!
What is Secret Santa?
Well, I'm glad you asked. Secret Santa is when you sign up to be given a single name of another person who signed up. Your goal then is to find a gift for the name you've been given and gift them something without them ever really knowing it was you! There's a lot of ways it can be done, including exchanging addresses and what have you, but I found an internet-friendly, privacy-conserving way that everyone who wants can participate!

How will Boolprop Secret Santa work?
The way I see it, you'll sign up in this thread and I'll make notes of everyone who wants to participate. Starting on the 5th I'll drop the names off into your inbox via a private PM between the two of us - no one else will know. You have until the 25th to come up with something for the name you receive then send it back to me via a PM so I can deliver it to them (and subsequently you'll receive yours) and maintain the anonymity. However, should you want them to know it's you after you've come up with the great surprise, you can PM them yourself!

I don't have any money to spend/what kind of "gifts" are we looking at?
This is VERY important! There is absolutely no monetary value that needs to be spent here. In fact, I would strongly encourage everyone to NOT look into monetary gifts (as I wouldn't even know how to transfer that anyways)... no what we're looking at is creative gifts. This can be anything from creating this person a playlist, to writing things you like about them to make them smile, making them a picture collage of some of their sims if they've shared any, or anything else creative you can think of! It could be a poem, it could be non-sims related, it could be SIMS related! Your job when you get assigned a person is to stalk this person's Boolprop postings and learn what you can so you can make something nice for them! "Making" is also relative, as this is about just something personal that comes from you that might make their day.

Will I receive a gift?
Yes, if you sign up you'll both receive a name, then on the 25th, you'll receive your own gift from someone who was YOUR Secret Santa! So we need lots of people to sign up and take part in this awesome event!

How do I sign up?
In this thread! Just say you'd like to participate, and then... maybe if you're feeling kind and generous, you can leave a list of things you like in general. Like, "I'm Livvielove, I love music, my favorite color is lime green, I play TS3 and TS4 mostly, though I've dabbled in TS2. I always could use some more Sims to use in the background of my screenshots. I love wordplay/puns. My favorite animals are owls, penguins, cats, and any other fluffy baby creature (and some non-fluffy baby creatures). I play other games outside of the Sims too--" (I think you get the gist). This would be a nice addition for whenever I assign names and your Secret Santa is looking for nice things they can do for you!

When do I submit the Secret Santa gift?
You can submit it as soon as you finish it to me! I'll hold on to them to release on December 25th!

Our Secret Santa is going to be a lot of fun, but please keep in mind that if you sign up and do not contribute that someone who signed up and did contribute might not get something in return! So please, if you sign up, do your very best to stop in and drop off a little something for your assigned other so everyone can be a part of the holiday joy!

If you have any further questions, please see the Boolprop's Secret Santa Question thread, so this one can be reserved for sign-ups, thank you!

**All Participants will receive 100 house points after their gift has been submitted to me (Livvielove)!**
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Re: Christmas 2018 ... Boolprop's Secret Santa - Sign Ups!

Post by somebodysangel »

First gets the best gift, yes?

EDIT:
My name is Sam, and I mainly play TS3, but also dabble in TS4. Always happy to get new sims or CC, though I can't guarantee any sims will stay safe in my game...
My favourite colour is turquoise, and I love reading (mainly crime fiction and sci fi), writing, football (the round ball kind!) and movies (especially Harry Potter and Marvel).
And I feel like I'm writing an online dating post...
Last edited by somebodysangel on December 4th, 2018, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

I'm in :thup:

Im Julie ... who never knows what to say about herself :roll:
I'm artistic, so love drawing, with a pencil and with my pc mouse (pixel painting), as I think you have probably gathered by now. I also love to make CAW worlds for sims 3, which is the only version of the sims I play.
I love reading, writing, football, sims, cats. My favourite colours are black and teal, and I collect skulls and skeletons (morbid I know).
I hate the colour RED (which might surprise you), being given cut flowers and DO NOT LIKE CHOCOLATE!!!!! Yes I am a weird woman right there, so I keep being told!!! Give me a block of cheese and I would be happier ^^
Music - Gothic, Rock and Dance mainly but I swing about, I love piano and violin pieces - basically I listen to anything.
Im a bit of a sig tag piggy, I've got 100's but not a lot I haven't made myself .. so there is an idea for someone.
I'm not sure if that will help anyone - but that is all I can think of right now.
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Blamsart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: 76561198311960642
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Blamsart »

100 house points MY GOD

lol I'm not participating for the points I swear, SIGN ME UP FOR SECRET SANTA

And well A LITTLE ABOUT ME
:: I aint really looking for new sims (I got toooo many) but ANYTHING related to my story would make my day. Literally, I mean anything.
But if you don't want to check it out, anything with dragons lmao (which my story HAS so related still snort :mrgreen:)
The Pasta Legacy
TS4 Legacy

Idiot+Insane+Crazy = Idanezy
An ISBI that is both Alphabetacy and Whishacy
help me

Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I remember this from Boolprop 2.0.! I did it on there when I wasn't as creative as I am now.

Well about me, I am currently playing some Sims 2 challenges because laptop troubles have still not resolved themselves. I have access to Sims 3 on my desktop but it's not as pretty as it is on my laptop. Anyway, I love cats, writing, drawing, and playing Pokemon on my 3DS. So PokePresents are nice avatars or siggys, and I like Fairy type Pokemon if you were wondering. Favourite Fairy type is my beautiful Shiny Spritzee named Violet which is a gorgeous purple! <3 Also Shiny Slurpuff because the colours are great. That's just a little about me for those of you who don't know.
candiedgala
Origin ID: ciaramei

Post Counts

Post by candiedgala »

Add me too, please.

I'm Kerry. I play Sims 4 only. I like Maxis Match sims and I use cc. My favourite palettes are PTS Cottage Garden and Rope's Nuances.

I like playlists. Music (lots of things, but not a lot of electric guitar) and audio books (clean but dark is fine).

I like the little animated signature gifs, name signatures, avatars.

In my spare time I bake, cook, walk, read, quilt, do yoga.
Last edited by candiedgala on December 1st, 2018, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

This should be fun!

My name is Carissa, but feel free to call me Riss. I'm an avid book reader who starts way too many stories I can't ever finish and can usually be found drinking copious amounts of tea, cuddling with one of our cats, and listening to musical soundtracks. My favorite color is any shade of blue and I love wordplay and cheesy jokes. I work at a school so I've developed a slightly childish sense of humor (with some dirty-minded jokes thrown in from college). I play TS2 and hope to one day have a desktop computer so I can actually play TS4 again because I do enjoy it but my laptop can't handle it. I also play Assassin's Creed and Nancy Drew.

I definitely feel like this was an online dating profile, but oh well! :lol:
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

Um, I'll play, but it's late and I'm still convincing kid #3 to sleep, so I'll have to write about myself tomorrow.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Ooo, I just set up the Secret Santa at work!!! Count me in!!!

I'm Pony, I pretty much only play the sims 2. I love Pokemon obviously :lol: especially Shiny umbreon, or regular umbreon. All umbreons are good. I also love animals, I have two dogs, a little parrot, a fish tank, and lots of little geckos. My friends got me into leopard geckos last year and I fell in love. They are so adorable. My favorite colors are cool colors, blue, green, purple, etc... There's so many colors to choose from :lol:
simnights
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by simnights »

I'm Lauren!

I know I haven't been around much lately, but I'm trying to ease back into the sims and the community a little bit at a time right now so I don't overwhelm & re-addict myself!

I only play sims 3 and sometimes 2. I really, really, really personally dislike sims 4 (but of course you do you boo). I have 2 wordpress blogs, here (story) and here (more gameplay driven) and I'm trying to integrate more of a sci-fi/fantasy aspect into my actual story but I'm having some trouble with that. Anyway, that's kind of beside the point. i have a beautiful puppy named Bart and I'm always on the lookout for inspiring music for my writing, usually focusing on the lyrics (i've found folk/acoustic particularly fits for this, and I also really, really like Sarah Barellies or however you spell her name but I haven't heard too much of her stuff). I play both sims 3 maxis match and realistic games, and sims 2 maxis match.

Although I wouldn't have said this a week ago, I'd prefer not to get anything about my current legacy couple (see down there). Their relationship may be about to get hella different :duck:
[align=center]My name is Lauren, I play TS2 & TS3
The Peters Legacy | Wacky Watson's Double Wide - A TPC | Greenmere Peaks BACC
ImageImage[/align]
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

I'm in! definitely! We're doing secret santa at work too, but I'm going to enjoy this one much more!!

About meeeeee:

I currently play the Sims 4. I've played both 2 and 3 in the past and I plan on playing them again (I want those shiny medals!). I could definitely use some baby daddies for my 100 baby challenge! If you don't have TS4, you could download the CAS demo in origin to help out :wink: I love playing the challenges! I can't play the game any other way! Oh! I could use an updated Avi! The one I currently use is my simself in CAS. So if you're creatively gifted, feel free to give me a "facelift" :haha: (Could become my new avi on all my simming stuff ^^ )

Non-sims related: My favorite color is aqua/teal, I love fantasy and dystopian novels. I'm addicted to disney (no shame). I'm a baker. I love to watch soccer, American football, kdramas and variety shows, netfix, and Supernatual. I love Alaskan Malamutes. Favorite video games include (besides the Sims, duh): All Elder Scrolls (but mainly Skyrim), Super Mario, Pokemon, and Fallout.

That's all for now! I might add to the list later as I think of things :)

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

Okay finally enough time to type some things. :)

I play mostly TS3 right now (and for the foreseeable future), but have TS2 and TS4 as well. (All XP for TS2, no XP for TS4, and Gen, Amb, Uni, Supes, and Seasons for TS3.) I love getting sims to add to my world to keep them all from looking "same-y". I have lots of sliders, so slider it up. LOL I do prefer fairly realistic looks, which generally means the "eye size" slider is scootched way down. Toddlers are my very favorite thing in sims, so toddler stuff is always cool. My stories, which are all just following gameplay, are linked in the sig. :)

Favorite colors: blue & yellow, but I like pretty much any cool color. Pale pink is my least favorite.
Shows I geek over: Doctor Who (old & new), Firefly (and we'll pretend the movie didn't happen.. or at least the second half), Stranger Things, The Office (US version)
Movies too: Monty Python & the Holy Grail.. and I'm sure there are more but I'm drawing a blank
Music: Will listen to most things.. not the kind of metal where the singer sounds like he's barfing, and not super super twangy country. But some faves are Oldies, ska, 90's alterna/grunge, indie, big band, Broadway. Bonus points for upbeat and/or catchy things, otherwise I don't much care whether they're popular or not. Currently discovering a love for electro-swing.
Other games: Minesweeper, Tetris, Skyrim, Fallout 4
Hobbies: Photography, knitting, reading, logic puzzles, procrastinating housework lol
Foods I can't turn down: Sonic vanilla Dr. Pepper, cheese, brownies (so long as there's no nuts)
Other loves: "Bad jokes" are life. Pun it up, guarantee I will laugh. Also love gymnastics (watching, not doing. I can't do that. LOL)
Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Nevermore »

I'm Nev. I play TS3. I can only play with about 2 or 3 EPs and minimal CC, so no worries if you don't want to build or make something in game for me.
Honestly, I'll be happy with anything you want to make me. Like if you want to make me something with graphics or pixel art or even write me something, I'll be happy with it. Even if it's something to do with your story, like if I read one of your challenges or stories, and there is a sim or couple I like, a picture or two of them will be nice. (If you don't mind me cropping those pics to make a avatar/signature of them!) Or even if you want to gather some pics of my fave sims. (I'll put a list in a spoiler of my fave sims.) I'll be grateful for any gift I receive. Thought that counts! ^^
My favourite colour is red. I do like poetry by Edgar Allen Poe. My fave book is Jane Eyre. My tastes tend to lean towards gothic. My fave movie is The Labyrinth.
Spoiler:
Fave Sims;
The whole Goth family and the Bachelors. (Gunther, Cornelia, Mortimer, Bella, Cassandra, Alexander, Lolita, Jocasta, Simis, Michael, and the Moonlight Falls Goths.)
Matthew Hamming.
Belinda, Beatrice and Bianca Crumplebottom.
Beau Merrick.
Apollo Bloom.
Matilda Smart.
Chester Swain.
Bailey Swain.
Gator Wolff.
Wilhemina Wolff.
Goodwin Goode.
Sinbad Rotter.
Elvira Slayer.

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

hi everyone!! my name is nichola and i play ts2, ts3 and ts4. i love anything colourful with rainbows and sims with "odd" genetics and "bad" traits make my gameplay more fun. very much a dog person and an avid challenge starter. in terms of music i'm very open and my other favourite games are pokemon and fallout. i also play stardew valley. if you need any more please message a mod and i'll be happy to provide more answers!
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by jcampbell »

Count me in :thup:

My name is Jennifer/Jen
I play TS4 only now ... although I am trying to get back into sims 3 it's not working out.
I love the colors green and black ... more of a dark green not lime or anything like that.
I like cats ... black ones in particular.
I love Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Vikings
I like to read but I mainly read dark fantasy/syfy. My three favorite series are Anita Blake and Alexa O'Brien and Deadlocked.
I love skulls and fairies and dragons ... I especially like coloring fairies but not childish fairies more like Amy Brown type fairies.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Alright! Everyone should have a name for who they're gifting to! You have until the end of the 24th to send me your gift for them! Have fun, Secret Santas!

Any questions, PM me!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Alright everyone! Merry Christmas!

Your Secret Santa has delivered! Everyone participated and it turned out amazing, if I do say so myself!
To all of you who sent in gifts, unless you specifically said TO use your name, I did not, so please feel free to reveal yourself to your santee if that's what you wish to do so! I know many of you are probably curious and would like to thank accordingly!

This thread will be permanently unlocked for the rest of this month! Happy Holidays, everyone!

Return to “Christmas Archive”