United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Sims 4 Trailer Park Challenge

Post by Jenn »

Go ahead and move the aging parents to the trailer. As long as you don't make any money, I'm fine with it. I looked and Sims 2 does not say if anyone can move out or not and I don't believe I have a rule for that either. Also, it's only teens that are uncontrollable anyway. I definitely don't want you messing up the hood aging for this.

Baby shower: If it's for the babies, keep the items then. It's a freebie.

Nectar: If it makes money at the yard sale, it's allowed. Are you letting them age? Maybe limit it to x amount of bottles per season. I will need to play and experiment. Maybe each aged group of nectar should have a limit on sales.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Jenn wrote: January 12th, 2024, 4:29 pm Go ahead and move the aging parents to the trailer. As long as you don't make any money, I'm fine with it. I looked and Sims 2 does not say if anyone can move out or not and I don't believe I have a rule for that either. Also, it's only teens that are uncontrollable anyway. I definitely don't want you messing up the hood aging for this.

Baby shower: If it's for the babies, keep the items then. It's a freebie.

Nectar: If it makes money at the yard sale, it's allowed. Are you letting them age? Maybe limit it to x amount of bottles per season. I will need to play and experiment. Maybe each aged group of nectar should have a limit on sales.
Okay, cool, I’ll shift the parents into the rental trailer when the last of their kids is YA, thank you. That should allow for five children (hopefully no multiples *fingers crossed*) and a horse this coming generation. There is a $50 daily tax on being a residential rental so I’ll have to figure that into the household expenses :)

I’m letting the nectar age, though sims are free to drink it if they wish. I’m only at level 3 so far, and the highest any of the nectar sold at was just over $2000 (that was the level 2 strawberry one, I think). I haven’t got Prairie grass or trash fruit to try the level 3 nectars, and I don’t think they’ll get to level 4 or 5 within a week, so I don’t know how much they would go for. I think I only had about 12 bottles for sale this time. I’m happy with a limit on how many they can sell. Gen 1 heir will only have one yard sale during her reign (this one coincided with the day she aged to YA), and there’s a few bottles still left in the rack which weren’t finely aged. Whoever her spouse is, they’ll be in charge of the nectar, most likely, so they’ll be starting from level 1 again. If I’m using nectar, I probably won’t go around collecting frogs and other collectibles as much; it took so long to sell the nectar that most of the other collectibles didn’t have a chance to get sold!
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I think I saw a video where a bottle of finely aged nectar sold for like 30k. I would probably ban the Vitality nectar just on that alone. Since it takes a week for finely aged, I think selling four a season (depending on the length of your season) - 1 bottle per week.

Finely aged - 4 bottles per season.
Moderately aged - 8 bottles per season
Lightly aged- 12 bottles per season
Not aged - 24 bottles per season.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

I won’t be doing the Vitality nectar - I won’t have the number of death flowers to create heaps of them, and I’ve only got one death flower at the moment in case of unexpected events. I hadn’t seen that list of how much nectar can sell for - if I ever do a money making challenge, that’s what I’m going to use :). Given that my bottles were no more than $2000, I’d say they weren’t listed as excellent, probably just normal.

My seasons run for one week each, so I take it that means only four bottles of finely aged nectar per yard sale. I’ll have to be very selective with the ones I pick then :). Maybe I’ll put a few in the fridge for the adult sims to help deal with life when they have teens :lol:

I got started on gen 1 yesterday - my heir poll hasn’t ended but there’s only been a handful of votes and all for the same sim, so I think I’m fairly safe. When she gets future hubby moved in, I’ll get her a horse and create a paddock for it, and maybe add another trailer to be a hobby room or something, depending on how much money comes with the NPC. He’s a grocery shop owner in HoB, and homeless according to the “other households” list. I’ll have to see if he ends up moving in somewhere before he can move in with my heir.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Just discovered an issue - there’s no longer a Wedding Party for $1000. You can only have a Wedding Event, which requires you to choose activities, sim of honor, officiant, etc. What do you want to do about the rules for that? I went to plan for Minnie’s wedding only to find that the option for a Wedding Party isn’t there anymore.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

I’ll trial a wedding event and spend the $1000 that would have been used to host the party on seating for the guests. I’ll also buy the things listed for the Extreme party.

Edit: so, a wedding event costs $1000. There was no timer for mine because Minnie arranged it from her phone. She was able to invite everyone, though they wouldn’t sit down :shrug: . I bought her the arch (or one only $5 cheaper from Wedding Stories), the bubble blower and chairs, plus seats for the ceremony and an aisle to walk down. Worked pretty well.

So far, it’s also working well having the founder and spouse in the other trailer as they’re coming over all the time so it’s like they never left!
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

That sounds so interesting. I was never able to open my game. I have not updated my mods since September or October and I did not want to spend hours upon hours going through them. Maybe one day when I'm extremely bored.

Glad the wedding event worked out.

I haven't even bothered with nectar making, I just watched James Turner do it on his Rags to Ranches let's play, but he was selling his to the dealer dude in that town and not at a yard sale.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Regarding the horse, I got a rescue foal which had the needy trait (as rescue horses need more care) to be equivalent to finding a stray dog. It’s pretty boring while it’s a foal but once it grows up, Minnie will be able to ride it. She won’t enter it in competitions but still can practise barrel riding and show jumping.

I have very few gameplay mods so that I don’t have to do lots of updating :). I seem to be quite lucky with For Rent at the moment 🤞 as my gameplay seems to be working well so far. Before I shifted Callisto and hubby Ridge, I let them both get jobs and then shifted them out (Ridge is a workaholic so he didn’t like not having a job!). They’re forever coming around to garden, work out or just to chat, so it’s just like having uncontrollable sims in the household :)
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

That was one of my favorite things in Sims 3 with master controller, making family members NPCs. They stay in the household, but they are uncontrollable and live their own lives.

I have too many mods, but not many of them are gameplay. Just glitch fixers.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

I think I've been very fortunate not to have too many glitches so far in either sims 3 or 4. I've been a bit worried about turning the trailer park into residential rentals given that a lot of people have been talking about game-breaking glitches but so far, all is going well. I've only got MCCC, a mod for increasing high school student numbers (which has caused issues so I have to be careful about how many teens are in the school at the one time), one for extra lot traits (like senior living or live-in businesses) and I'm thinking about adding that Random Traits & Aspirations one.

I was so glad when the last of the teens moved out! There were numerous times when the parents had to use their 'influence' to get the teens to do things like shower! I did like being able to get the knowledge teen to do her homework without having to use the parents, although I did forget a couple of times that I was allowed to do that!
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I had random traits and aspiration, but he went almost three years without updating it, so I took it out. Glad to see it's up and running again.

I never remember the knowledge teens. I currently only have a Sims 2 version going and it was driving me nuts with the teens. I went and peeked and just realized my last time playing (in October), showed Generation 3 taking over. I thin the challenge ends when she becomes and adult. I may need to get back to it!
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Jenn wrote: January 17th, 2024, 12:35 pm I had random traits and aspiration, but he went almost three years without updating it, so I took it out. Glad to see it's up and running again.

I never remember the knowledge teens. I currently only have a Sims 2 version going and it was driving me nuts with the teens. I went and peeked and just realized my last time playing (in October), showed Generation 3 taking over. I thin the challenge ends when she becomes and adult. I may need to get back to it!
Hang on, I just realised something. The rules say there are four generations but if the challenge ends when the 3rd heir becomes a YA, that only makes three generations that need to be raised from baby to YA. I was planning on four generations but I hadn’t worked that out fully :fisty:. But if you’ve nearly finished it, that would make you - as far as I can tell - the first person to finish it (unless I get there first!).

I’m planning on turning this family into a legacy, so CEA (3 gens), Trailer Park (now 3 gens) and then something else for four gens. I was thinking about the OWBC but that’s only three gens as well. I’ve still got 2 weeks before I have to go back to work so I’ll see if I can get the next gen born and up to YA before the end of Jan.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I'm playing the sims 2 version and I actually do have another generation to go. I thought I had done it all already

its founder, gen 1, gen 2, and ends with the adult gen 3
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Okay, so once the gen 3 heir is YA, I can finish that challenge and use them to start a different one :). Second baby born in gen 2 today - two more pregnancies to go!
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Update regarding being a residential rental: if you have a water heater and fuse box on your property, which I think you’re supposed to, there are frequent events to do with mainly water. There’s occasionally breakages of showers or toilets (Minnie had to go over to her parents in the middle of the night when their two showers broke!), and trash events when you have to clean up their unit. Her parents have also broken the no loud parties and no trash rule a couple of times. Minnie has decided she doesn’t like handiness based on all this 🤣. There should be an amendment to the no fixing electrical stuff as the water heater frequently breaks and technically, that’s to do with plumbing.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Since you're technically not supposed to have rentals anyway, there is no reason to amend a rule that is the core of the Sims 2 version. Just replace what is broken with a new one. Since no one is going to buy any broken items, on yard sale day, you can go into the family inventory and sell broken electronics there. This include any electronics that break due to weather.

But in the case of the water heater, I will allow that to be categorized as a plumbing feature.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Rules were updated for child aging, after school activities, the yard sale, hunting dogs, and nectar making. I still have to update for other packs, but those will come in the future.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Thank you, re the water heater. The fuse box hasn’t broken yet but I’ll replace it rather than repair it when it does. The door is locked to all but Minnie and her spouse so that random sims can’t go in there and fix things. And when Callisto and hubby moved out, they took half the household budget with them even though they don’t have to pay rent or pay the fines that they keep racking up (no loud parties and no trash overload so far!). The trash event meant that Minnie had to go into the other trailer and pick up the trash but she couldn’t pick it up so had to pay $200 for a trash collector to come and remove it. I only imagine it’s going to get worse when I move her and hubby into that trailer at the end of the generation and there’s four of them in there to create trash!

I’ve accidentally broken the rule on the paintings - the two yard sales sold all of them, not just one lot. But there weren’t many paintings to begin with, maybe between 12 and 15 the second time (first time didn’t really have many), as my sims are more focused on collecting than painting. Two weeks until the next yard sale and I think they’ve got maybe five paintings, and they’re mainly done by sims outside the household who come into the house like Callisto, the founder. With the nectar, the new bottles are being used for things like house or birthday parties; Minnie pours out the servings and then the attendees can drink them.

Three out of four pregnancies have occurred for gen 2 - all singles, fortunately. And they’ve adopted their baby for this gen to ensure that the last pregnancy is also a single. The Random traits mod is working well although I’m starting to get suspicious that it is causing the townie birthday announcements not to happen. Given the large amount of relatives, this means I will have to keep better track of who is aging up when.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

the painting rule I just made up. Don't worry about it. One of my sims made 50k on the painting wall, so I want to limit that. I will not limit how many masterpieces are put on it either. In Sims 2, I have paintings everywhere on yard sale days and I make a ton of money. I may change the painting wall to unlimited at some point, so it's just a test for now.

I do not look forward to seeing how having four uncontrollables in a trailer will affect trash collecting. I didn't even think of how much money would split off when they move out. That sucks so bad. Instead of doing a lot of work today, I spent some time updating mods. I process medical record requests from home, so I will have to super speed to get up to my quota. Luckily I'm only behind by 6 (so far).
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

They actually took less than what the trailer was worth ($4,000 and trailer was nearly $8,000) and they didn’t show up in the possible tenants list so I had to move them in via normal methods and use the freerealestate cheat as I didn’t realise they hadn’t taken enough money. I need to put the mixology table away again though because I swear the founders use it so often that over 10 glasses were just left outside their trailer for Minnie to clean up! I’ve put a second bin in their trailer so we’ll see how we go.

I’m aiming for them to make enough money on the next yard sale to build a pool for the second generation. When Minnie’s horse becomes an elder, she’ll sell it and the family will build a pool (hopefully) for the final generation to use.

It’s good that you can work from home. I had to do that during lockdowns and was so glad to get back to work as I found it hard to keep motivated. That’s when I started playing sims 4 actually :).

Return to “Sims 4 Rulesets”