Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Sims 4 Trailer Park Challenge

Post by MayaRose1138 »

So, I don’t know if this is normal or a glitch but the bills for the lot have gone down dramatically since turning it into a residential rental. To compensate for that, I’m buying outdoor plants totalling at least $500 each week that will not be able to be sold. Because of this, I’ve come up with a suggestion for the challenge:

Option A: (for normal life span)
- Founders, heirs and spouse must remain in the house until they pass away.

Option B: (for custom life span that increase YA/adult/elder life spans)
- When the final child from gen 1 ages up to a YA, the founder and their spouse may be moved to a trailer “unit” on the lot. The lot trait can be changed to Residental Rental. Make sure there is room for the gen 1 heir and spouse later by including at least 2 bedrooms, one bathroom, living/kitchen area.
- No rent can be charged for the unit. No fines for rule breakages can be collected either.
- The founder, heirs and spouses must be given a key to access the main trailer at any time.
- A water heater and fuse box must be purchased. The water heater can be repaired as it is related to plumbing; the fuse box is electrical and cannot be repaired (rules applying to electrical items apply).
- If the lot change greatly reduces the weekly bills, items totalling at least $500 must be bought to compensate. These items cannot be sold at the yard sale.

Just some thoughts from when I’ve been playing. The first gen 2 child has just reached teen, so it’s getting to the frustrating stage again 🤣.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I don't think it really matters. I admittedly use MCCC to keep bills at a decent level.

So, you can do what you feel is right in this case. I still don't know if I want the renting of trailers out to family members in the rules or not yet. I will have to figure that out at some point.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Fair enough :). I would have abided by the no moving out rule if it wasn’t for the fact that I don’t like the normal life spans that have sims dying by the time their children are YA 😏. I’m doing my best to keep things difficult for the family, although they are saving up for that pool. Just started summer, so they’ll be having a yard sale soon but they haven’t collected a lot of stuff this time around. Haven’t really been making any nectar either, so they definitely won’t be making as much money!
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Question: one of the teens just rolled a Fortune aspiration - what are the rules about that? (Mansion Baron, to be specific).
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

There are only a couple of rules regarding aspirations. Knowledge sims cannot be heir and can move out after x amount of maxed skills and no aspiration perks that earn cash advantages. Otherwise, have at it.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

That makes sense. Interestingly, the lot is now valued at just over $100,000 p, as that part of Denmark’s aspiration completed automatically. But given he’s got to have 30 windows and 20 columns on the lot to complete his aspiration, I figured that wasn’t going to happen so I didn’t put him in the heir poll.

I’ve got that up and running but no one has voted yet 😔. I’m not sure what I’ll do if no one does because I really don’t know which sim I want to take over. Feel free to head over to the poll and help me out 🤣.

I’m thinking about turning off rental events for the next generation (which I didn’t realise you could do until I saw someone mention it earlier). Most are fine but I had one event recently that had the fuse box break and half the electronic items break as well, and there was only the option to replace or repair them all. The event ran for 24 hours and even after trying to repair or replace them all (which we’re not supposed to do but there was no alternative), it still didn’t finish, and I couldn’t access build/buy during that time to replace them that way. Eventually I gave up after I saved in the middle of the event, then came back later and more items had broken 🤦‍♀️. The unit rating took a hit because I didn’t touch those electronics for the rest of the event but there were a few items that needed to be put out for the yard sale after it finished.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

That sounds horrible. I would definitely turn off events if that is an option. I will go read up and vote right now.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

What do I do if there’s a tie in the heir poll?

Return to “Sims 4 Rulesets”