Confused with what game & challenges I should play,etc S3&S4

ninaumi

Confused with what game & challenges I should play,etc S3&S4

Post by ninaumi »

This is about both The Sims 3 AND The Sims 4.

Namely, I got subscribed to Origin Access. I got a job, which pays weekly. Not very much, but enough for me to have freedom to buy some thingies to myself. Like the said Origin Access and to get The Sims 3 Starter Pack (Base game, Late Night EP, and High End Loft SP) :D . Nevertheless, I want to say that it's enough (for me), but just until next week. (I also tried out the Sims 4 trial)

I want to make choice between two franchises - Sims 3 or Sims 4. I realized that I like Sims 4 base game more than Sims 3 Starter Pack. But, I didn't experience the worlds like Hidden Springs and Monte Vista, which both look very nice and are offered for purchase within The Sims 3 World Bundle.

I used to play with every TS3 EPs and SPs, but I can't do it anymore, for some reasons. But, I didn't get to experience the additional worlds. There are so many things I liked, and there are so many things I liked in The Sims 4 too so far. I guess now that I should restrain from buying extra content for Sims 3, and wait 'till I get Sims 4. :-?

But, I am a big TS Challenges lover, so I would like to make use of this TS3 Pack as best as I can for some time. It's just that I don't want to do long challenges (like Legacies for example), which I will "save" for Sims 4.

So, I would like if you could suggest to me some challenges for Sims 3 which require just base game OR base game and Late Night.

Also, if you beg to differ with my choices in life, you are free to do it. :D You could even make me an ultimate Sims 4 hater, and Sims 3 geek :D :spin:
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Confused with what game & challenges I should play,etc S

Post by Jesslb429 »

Heyo!

As someone who prefers TS3 over the other 2 games(not that I don't love them but I have my reasons), I would suggest don't worry about your preferances. My experience here is that Boolprop welcomes all simmers. It's a place to bond over our mutual love of the franchise. So don't fret :hug:

As for your actual question, I would recommend 2 challenges in particular. The first is one I can speak from experience. The "Officially Wacky Boolprop" challenge is a 4 generation(founder + 3 generations) challenge and while it has some restrictions and the rules covers all the EPs, it shouldn't be too hard to just ignore the EP/SP stuff that you don't have. It is a fun short challenge and has plenty of mini-challenges to sate anyone who is working with the just the base game. Rules are here .

The second one, which I haven't personally tried, but from my understanding is a little longer than an OWBC, is the Name Game challenge. It varies in length on how you play. Again, from looking over the rules, you can easily cut out the bits that don't apply to you. And again, there is a lot of mini-challenges that can make a more robust experience. Those rules are Here .

I hope you're able to find a challenge that fits you and your needs. I look forward to whatever you end up putting out! :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
ninaumi

Post by ninaumi »

@Jesslb429
I play OWBC. Thank you for the recommendation. Playing it is interesting. :)

I can't discuss with anyone else about this topic, so I am writing it here. Namely, when I played TS4, I liked playing it just for the sake of challenges and making stories. Challenges + making up stories was captivating when it comes to my game enjoyment. It felt like some easy fun thing. On the other hand, TS3 is a complex thing. I don't know how to explain it.

I became a "TS challenges geek" lately. And purchasing certain expansions, stuff packs, and worlds would be really awesome, but I would need to be really patient. I must also say that I am more content in playing just TS4 Base Game (with challenges, though I don't know if I would get bored quickly), than TS3 Base Game with Late Night EP.
ninaumi

Post by ninaumi »

I wanted to buy the Base game (as now it's on huge sale), but now I don't know anymore if I should buy it at this time, since I've gotten into playing TS3 Starter Pack, seriously thinking that I should learn to use CAW, make CC perhaps, if I can make it look like official Maxis objects, and unleash my creativity, like I did in TS1, when I was a child.
I'll see what I'll do in the future, but for now, here's to TS3!

I don't want to start a debate or something, I'm not dissing any game. I'm just stating my opinion.

Hope you don't mind.
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

If you're enjoying TS3, I'd hold off on buying TS4. EA has sales all the time, and the longer you wait, the more base game content you will have - patches keep adding new things even without buying the other DLC.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
ninaumi

Post by ninaumi »

I bought TS4 already. Smart or not - it's how it is.

I felt I wanted to have both games because I want to enjoy both of them, in a sense that I can switch from one to another anytime I want.

Return to “Sims 3 Chat”