The Heirloom Competition [The Sims 2]

platformperil
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

The Heirloom Competition [The Sims 2]

Post by platformperil »

One of the challenges I remember doing in the old days of The Sims 2 was the Heirloom Challenge. Although it was a short challenge, it was fun in that your creativity could flow and you could create almost anything you wanted, with the limits of $50,000 simoleons. A cool beachhouse, a vacation home in another land, or even a place to work and sleep. The possibilities are limitless (unless you want a house of entirely luxury stuff. You will run out of money so fast there). But as the challenge is a short one, it doesn't do well as a 'challenge' challenge.

Unless you make it a competition.

Please read the text below (it's also in the link above too if you'd like to see a completed challenge).
It's a shame about your dear old aunt, but you really lucked out. She left you the cottage and $50,000 to fix it up a little. She also left you some of her cherished family heirlooms - one in each room, including the family tree outside.

Rules
Get the cottage here. Heirloom Challenge

Move in a sim.

Give 'em their $50,000 inheritance (a motherlode).

Do your best to make a nice home using anything you've got. You may add structures if your sim can afford it.

You may re-design any object in the house, but you may not sell it. Dear old auntie will be watching!
For this first competition, we're keeping with these simple rules. I have many variations in mind if people show an interest.

You must take a picture of the whole house from above, along with a picture of all the objects in one room (except the tree). And then we need every room photographed. You must also show how much money you have left over at the end (I will accept you writing it down too, we're playing by the honor system).

For this challenge, custom content is only allowed if it costs at least $50. Remember, it's supposed to be a challenge still!

All Entries Must Be Submitted By April 30th

Votes will take place between May 1st-May 7th

Winner will be announced May 8th

I can't wait to see everyone's entries!

EDIT: Dates updated due to FAIL.
Last edited by platformperil on April 23rd, 2016, 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Uta No Prince Sama!
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Re: The Heirloom Competition [The Sims 2]

Post by Mauricette »

Ooooo I'll participate. I'll so participate. I'll knock the boots off participate.
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Tada! Heirloom Challenge Submission! $43 in funds left over.
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

As an FYI Platformperil I think the link was put to the wrong one, it links to the Fix That Ugly Challenge. I did my best to get it exactly to where the house was in the original one that Polly did on the exchange but it's not quite to 19999, and there are two heirlooms that are missing no matter what and that's the newspaper and the painting of your dear old Aunt.
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
platformperil
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post by platformperil »

Faye Silver wrote:As an FYI Platformperil I think the link was put to the wrong one, it links to the Fix That Ugly Challenge. I did my best to get it exactly to where the house was in the original one that Polly did on the exchange but it's not quite to 19999, and there are two heirlooms that are missing no matter what and that's the newspaper and the painting of your dear old Aunt.
Oh shoot, I've been having a really rough month and didn't even notice. I super appreciate what you did for the heirloom challenge, however! The link should be fixed by now!
Uta No Prince Sama!

Return to “Misc Events Archive”