What's Going On In Your Game?

Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: What's Going On In Your Game?

Post by Radiochocolate »

I took the Strangetown families for a spin :D Pascal gave birth to a boy named Kuro, Vidcund got abducted, Pascal and Nervous started dating. Lazlo had a dream date with Crystal Vu and she moved in, with the LTW of owning 5 businesses (looking forward to it).
Circe now has Romance as secondary. So far she's woohooed both Abhijeet Cho and Vidcund (while he was pregnant... lol). Loki caught her cheating with the latter one, but whatevs. She didn't get a lullaby so I used the Sim Blender to make her pregnant with triplets *innocent whistle* LTWs: Circe wants to be a ballet dancer, Loki a Media Magnate and Nervous an Education Minister. I also drilled Loki and Nervous on crafting robots and flowers.´
General Buzz Grunt has started dating a young, beautiful lady whose name I've already forgotten, and Ripp has been hitting on Ophelia. Not much to say.
Johnny Smith finally moved to college, excited to play him :D I'm making the rest of the teens follow after soon, especially so my Ripp-Ophelia-Johnny-triangle can begin :P "With Johnny aiming to be the Big Sim on Campus, Ophelia feels neglected and searches new interests. But will she find a true soulmate in Ripp, or is he just toying around with her heart?"
After Johnny left, the Smiths adopted both a puppy and a toddler boy named Vince (HE' SO CUUUUUUUUUTE *melting*).
I'm aiming to continue playing with the college-drama I mentioned earlier, and making Buck Grunt and Jill Smith fall in love as they grow up <3
Anyhow, time for sleep. *looks at clock* It's exactly 00.59 xD Goodnight my pretties
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Not much, thought about resetting my Veronaville because my NaNo has suddenly evolved into being tied to Eirene...
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Right now I'm working on building a new house for the main Proudmoore household while playing through another rotation. Need to get it done before I start the next one! Their house is getting laggy, and the second gen heir is about to move back from college at the end of this rotation, so it's a good time to rebuild! They are all prepped for their move (did that before I moved on) so when it's ready I just have to move them out, demo their current lot and move them in! Otherwise we have babies, kids growing up, deaths from the damn flu - which I'm going to clear from my hood with a genie wish, I could use a break! I already have two households that are going to get the Orphan Fund. :lol: With my age mod, I may have THREE generations living in the Proudmoore main house - Adam and Eve still have a few days left. I'll be glad when that house clears out some more - too many damn kids!
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I'm making a set of rowhouses! I'm going for something modern, as I'm going to be stuffing some second generation playables in there that aren't plot-relevant, will have few if any kids, and will generally only be "playables" and not in the sim bin so they can be legacy extras.
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Let's see, all kinds of things have been happening, I started my (published) genetacy, and they already have the required number of kids, and since they don't have a numbered LTW, they're probably going to stay there - I learned my lesson well. :lol: Also started my BACC (published) and my founder has three spouse possibilities. Next week I think he needs to go on an outing with the last one, then I'll see what he/ACR says. Now I just need to edit the damn photos and publish them so I can play those neighborhoods again!

Life with the Proudmoores has been, interesting. It's kind of funny that I have Gen 2/B kids that are younger than Gen 3/C kids...why on earth am I so anal about aging?! Oh well, keeps things interesting. Fortunately I barely squeaked by without needing a college placeholder for the college house - those in are Seniors, but fortunately I had two ready to go this rotation. Got my first Gen 1/A elder, though it's a spouse...some of them aren't too far behind. Adam and Eve finally died, thank goodness! 100 and 99 days respectively.

I have a founder in mind for a legacy, and I MAY throw in a asylum and WYDC. Maybe. I haven't really started on that neighborhood yet.

The last two neighborhoods are still being developed - one is my "end of the world" sort of prosperity/BACC/legacy type thing. Meh, let's call it build a community! It's really just for fun, and drama, cause I plan to play to my sims wants - ALL my sims wants! It's fittingly enough called Utopia. ;) The last one is Twistedville, which I'm still developing ideas for - that's my *cough* darker neighborhood where I do things I wouldn't normally do in game play - like use the OMGWTFBBQ...and other weird stuff.

That's it really, mostly have been focused on the Proudmoores, cause they're the furthest I've ever gotten in a challenge without a computer issue - maybe I can keep it up! Plus they're fun to test new ideas on.

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I started playing a regular legacy, as a break from my apocalypse. They're in the same town - Merovingia. My Badass Alphabetocalypse heiress is at college and has had a flirtation with one of the mascots. She has better chemistry with him than with the husband I chose for her to lift the Science lift. Meanwhile, my legacy founder is at college, and has a flirtation with one of the mascots...

And these two are FRIENDS! Just so long as a certain subject does not come up in conversation, I suppose.

I still haven't decided who gets to marry him, if either of them even will. He shows a distinct preference for my legacy founder, calling her all the time. But then again, he could be great in the apocalypse.

My legacy founder has started going on outings, and I'm inclined to invite both apocalypse heiress and mascot out together, just to see what happens between the three of them.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

I threw a massive pre-graduation party in SSU for the graduating greeks... and found out that Castor Nova is a Cheaty McCheaterpants. He slept with Heather Huffington (in retrospect, I should have removed all double beds on the lot,) pretty much an hour after his fiancee Tiffany Samson left to go to her late class. (I had no idea they did that while guests on another lot - shows how much attention I'm paying.)

So now I've got to decide whether I should have Tiffany "find out" and break the engagement, or whether I should go through with the marriage on the assumption that if I can move Heather on to someone else, it won't happen again. (I could, of course, ACR friendzone them, but outside of the always-faithful legacy family, I have rules about who gets friendzoned and they include having known the other person since childhood, or being in-laws... I suppose "fiance of a friend" should probably have been on my list of friend-zoneable people too.)

Other than that, I finally found the last two members of the Secret Society, so I can now get a playable sim into that kind of lame but still funny mysterious organization, which is something I haven't done in years. :D
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Scribal_Goddess - are you saying that a visitor woohooed at your lot, with another visitor? They can DO that? I knew they could do autonomous romantic stuff, like kissing and flirting, but woohoo?

Is that base game, or from ACR? Because if it's base game, I will either have to be very careful about properly locked doors, or else turn back on the event camera, so I can get a good view of it, next time I have a big party.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Probably ACR - I don't think they can do that regularly Michelle.

Anywho, babies, marriages...and one sim who is firmly Julie Neumar in my head, though her name (townie) was Julia Neuman! Oh yeah, and my servo just go abducted by aliens again, cause she wanted to (and half the neighborhood wanted her too) lol. Good thing I don't have to worry about servo babies unless I cheat! Still mostly focused on Paradise (the Proudmoore hood) since it's up to bloody 24 households, NOT including college. And I still haven't edited the photos from the other two...lol

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

24 households?! Madam, I salute you! I couldn't handle that many.

I love the aptly-named townies! I once ran across a Michelle Young townie at a college. Old computer, so I don't have the save, but I was SO determined to marry her into my legacy, just because of the name.

Didn't look a thing like me, of course.

So, tell us about the Julie Neumar sim? Will you be moving her in?

Also, congrats on pleasing half the town with an alien abduction. It sounds like Knowledge sims run amok! So, if you did cheat and got a servo-alien baby, would it have all alien DNA, since there is no Servo DNA to pass on? Or is there actual Servo DNA?

Currently in my game, I have my Merovingian legacy founder moved out of the apoca-dorm and into her very own Greek house, with weather set to eternal fall (I LOVE fall at college!), and she's built up a venue business to level 10, thanks to snapdragons, and met her future husband, and is now on vacation at Takemizu Village, with him. She's been very busy!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Whimsy Scott my WYD baby machine purchased and raised a buisness to rank 10 to get the Head for Numbers perk, however the game crashes every time she goes to use the phone and I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!! I finally found the baby daddy I wanted for Baby Q but by then I had already gone on to another, so he's now baby daddy R but now I CAN'T EVEN CALL HIM to invite him over!!
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Julia Nueman (aka Julie Nuemar) is now Julia Foster, so yes, she is a proud move in/genetic donor! And yes, I had a ton of Knowledge sims, now I'm ending up with a ton of Popularity sims. In one of my old neighborhoods I ran into a Chuck Norris - I almost fell to the ground laughing on that one! Yes, servos actually have DNA to pass on - they are face 1 I believe, and a fairly wide variety of hair color/eye colors - though they are almost always the lightest skin. I always age my servos to teen then back up to adult so that they look like sims - the robot look bugs me! I think it says somewhere the "default" servo genetics - I saw it somewhere, I'm almost certain - which is why I got that they're face one. I have replacements, so it's kind of hard to tell besides my favorite elven face! I'll have WAY more than 24 households soon - Gen 2/B isn't even entirely BORN yet, never mind actually adults and living on their own. At least I have Gen 3/C started - they can start intermarrying then! Maybe I'll have a few less households lol. Of course it didn't help that I ended up with like 13 kids to start off with - yikes!

Right now in my game Amy Tennyson got hit with risky whoohoo while on birth control. :| She already had triplets, so I'm not all that amused, but since they are still toddlers I'm going to let the pregnancy ride - then everyone on ACR birth control is getting Inteen's too! Working on adding my first sims to Utopia - going to make a self-sim and marry her to one of my favorite actors, and I'm going to keep the zodiac signs - may the insanity ensue! One of these days I'll have a few updates for you guys - once I get off my duff and figure out which program I want to edit my photos in - normally I just use Paint, since I just use basic resize/crop functions these days...but my pictures are pretty big for that screen. Meh, I just need to get off my ass and do them! Haven't decided if I'm going to take pictures in Utopia (all wants get fulfilled, no matter what) or Twistedville (no holds barred, dark type neighborhood) yet, so I don't want to get too far and then go, oh darn! lol No pictures in the Proudmoore hood - besides sim headshots for the downloads - so it's kind of my go to neighborhood right now.

Edit: Too many sims in your hood maybe? That's the one that let's you call anyone right? I think there's a fix on MATY that removes some of the untouchables from that list - but again, I could be dreaming. Up too late as it is! But that's where I would start looking for a solution - they be the smarts over there.

Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

I just had quads age up to toddler - and each one has a different hair color! I don't think I've EVER had all 4 colors expressed at the same time, even with an equal dominance mod, so I'm kind of excited about this! :D

Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Simsimity wrote:I just had quads age up to toddler - and each one has a different hair color! I don't think I've EVER had all 4 colors expressed at the same time, even with an equal dominance mod, so I'm kind of excited about this! :D
That's pretty amazing. I'd love to have a set of quads like that!

In my game I've been building a couple of new houses for my prosperity hood, because 2 families living in an apartment became glitched. While playing one family it appears as if some npc is living in the apartment, despite another family renting it, and while playing the family that should be renting it I noticed that the apartment is actually showing as vacant.

I have no idea how it happened, but I'm moving both of them out because the apartments are too small anyways.
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

I was seriously excited when I saw that - and even double checked with Simblender/Change Appearance to make sure they WERE in fact what I thought they were, and it wasn't just a case of a black haired sim looking like a brunette or something.

Making my Proudmoore rounds, and it looks like I'm going to have to add another college house to the university - the main house is full (9 sims) and only 2 are currently set to graduate this rotation, the rest are freshmen...and I have one extra already there, plus several more due to head off in the next rotation. But that means more building - which is something I tire of very quickly. I still have houses in rotation that aren't completely done yet - missing windows, other objects and of course decorating/wallpapering/flooring...I'll get around to it!

Kind of been itching to get to the challenges I plan on publishing, especially my BACC - since I downloaded some really nifty things from Plumbob Keep to add to my businesses. My downloads folder hates me, but I'm also going through that and tossing out broken stuff and things I just don't like - including some androgynous/genderswapped clothing that managed to find its way into my game...don't want my dudes in dresses, kay thanks!

ETA: I think I'm going to just start over - I'm fairly itching to do so! Going to start with my downloads folder, cause the one I have now is a total trash heap, with broken downloads, probably 100 duplicates etc. But I do intend to keep my Proudmoore hood - I just don't feel like having to go through and redo everything with a new downloads folder! I'll still be playing my current game, but once I get my "new" downloads folder set, it will be time for fresh hoods - and definitely a test hood, so I can clean out crappy CC BEFORE I get invested in anyone. :) Especially when it comes to genetics - I'm not that good with SimPE yet!

littlenettleheart

Post by littlenettleheart »

Hectic first day in a round in my bacc. All seems to be quiet for now but most of the household hate each other, so there is drama and fighting ahead. xx
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

MichelleCYoung wrote:Scribal_Goddess - are you saying that a visitor woohooed at your lot, with another visitor? They can DO that? I knew they could do autonomous romantic stuff, like kissing and flirting, but woohoo?

Is that base game, or from ACR? Because if it's base game, I will either have to be very careful about properly locked doors, or else turn back on the event camera, so I can get a good view of it, next time I have a big party.
No, it was an ACR woohoo. Castor Nova lives on the lot this took place - I was just surprised that party guests left for class! I've never seen a student from another lot leave a party for class before. I guess I figured it worked like the regular neighborhood, where you can have a party all day and sims won't leave for work. :hmm:

... I have had pairs of visitors head for the bed on other lots though (Chalimyra and Talon Elkthorn are repeat offenders - they really wanted a third kid, but they didn't get one) so yeah, ACR will do that, assuming you have the right settings on.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I was playing a non-challenge game, and my college sim was on vacation, and she kept getting the "Sim has class in 1 hour" pop-up. Then she would "leave for class," but with nowhere to go, her queue would clear, and she would be standing around like an idiot.

Also, she kept losing her earned want slots and locks. I fixed her with SimModder, but then it borked again, so I think that particular game won't really be going anywhere, after all. Good thing it wasn't a posted challenge, I suppose, but it makes me worry about my other neighborhoods.
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

I decided to see what I could do with Strangetown. Pascal gave birth to Leland and started dating Nervous, Vidcund got pregnant and gave birth to twins Darcy and Penelope. Lazlo went to work in his LTW career of Media Magnate but got fired. Vidcund wants to be an Entertainer and looks silly in the clown costume. I absolutely hate the way their house is set up.

Circe and Loki both wanted a baby, so Circe is currently pregnant. Nervous got pregnant from Pascal on their date, and worried that Loki and Circe would do experiments on him or the baby decided to run away with almost nothing to his name. He managed to buy an empty piece of land (the rest of the money, except for about $700, went to big sculptures that he gave away as gifts.) Luckily he still has his job and got a promotion. He refused to sleep in the bed, so I got him a tent and he wouldn't sleep there at first either. He'd come out and collapse in exhaustion. No idea what was going on there, probably just to nervous to sleep.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

LOL! Nervous Subject is too nervous to sleep? That's too funny!

So, in my game, I have resurrected Clovis, Allyn, Boudicca, Fat Henry and Kennedy Badass, and all the elders are living together in their own little tower house. I had to use SimBlender to get the couples properly married again, because no matter what I did, they would NOT fall in love. 100/100 relationship and no love, and no, I don't have Pescado's "no easy love" mod, either. It was just a result of resurrection, I guess. I consider this a fix, not a cheat, and their marriage relationship isn't going to affect my challenge, anyway. I just wanted that family tree to be correct.

And I discovered that when you resurrect an elder, even one who died of old age, their age is re-set to the beginning of their elder stage. So, the founder is physically younger than his grandchildren! Hah!

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”