The Rad Legacy: Done and Dusted...Sorta! 26th July '17

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

The Rad Legacy: Done and Dusted...Sorta! 26th July '17

Post by Sam »

I was really apprehensive about sharing this, but look now - I'm nearly finished!

I decided to try a legacy. Because let's face it, it's the most generic sims challenge ever. I did have an ISBI, but I didn't feel like I could really explore the game while only controlling one sim. That's what this is, a legacy, whilst I explore what this game has to offer me.

I suppose I'm only semi following the rules - when I started it, I wasn't aware of the 'official' rules being up, so my founder did not start on the large lot with a knight. And I've had to rebuild once, too, due to a busted laptop. But I'm doing my best. :)

Feel free to let me know what you think!

:!: Note: Due to recent changes with Photobucket, many of these chapters now break randomly. They do work every now and then!!

Chapter 1: Not Quite Husband Material
Chapter 2: The Wonders of Parenting
Chapter 3: Life After Death
Chapter 4: The Bear Necessities
Chapter 5: Over to You, Anne
Chapter 6: Oops I Did It Again
Chapter 7: Girls, Guys & Ghosts
Chapter 8: Family Ties
Chapter 9: Girls Gone Wild Fishing
Chapter 10: What Are The Odds?
Chapter 11: Kassidy the Romantic
Chapter 12: Second Chance at First Love
Chapter 13: It's A Girl Thing
Chapter 14: I Got A Blank Space, Baby
Chapter 15: Oh Boy! Babies!
Chapter 16: She Stole My Heart
Chapter 17: Grim and Bear It
Chapter 18: A Stranger in the Kitchen
Chapter 19: The Science of Love
Chapter 20: The Great Outdoors
Chapter 21: Gotta Catch 'Em All
Chapter 22: Not What He Seems
Chapter 23: A Slice of Happiness
Chapter 24: Growing Up Gwen
Chapter 25: Dancing and Romancing
Chapter 26: Three Cakes and a Baby
Chapter 27: One Tiny Rebellion
Chapter 28: With Stars Above
Chapter 29: #Together
Chapter 30: Sundae Funday
Chapter 31: Euphoria
The Last Little Bit

----
Gen 2 Heir Poll
Gen 3 Heir Poll
Gen 4 Heir Poll
Gen 5 Heir Poll
Gen 7 Heir Poll
Gen 8 Heir Poll
Family Tree:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Sam on March 26th, 2019, 6:32 am, edited 51 times in total.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Three! 21-2-15

Post by Sam »

Chapter 3 is up now! :)
limestar

Post by limestar »

Loving the Legacy! Keep it up, Anne and Rhea are so cute.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Thanks so much! :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Three! 24-2-15

Post by Sam »

Updated! :tea:
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Four! 24-2-15

Post by Taube »

Really cute legacy! :D
Spoiler:
I'm not sure I need to put this in a spoiler since most of this is old news, but oh well. The girls are adorable and it's really unfortunate that Dax died so early and the neighborhood has turned into a retirement community. I'm guessing you're going for the "natural" sim generation route rather than legacy loves? Good luck finding a husband for your heiress! :) I've been waiting for the rare but grand confluence of children grown up/days off/vacation days to send my legacy sims to Granite Falls, so it was fun to see the Rads' vacation.
I actually like all the "ooh look at this" shots because I too am awed at the prettiness of the game and keep finding random things to amuse me, and I like seeing what other people find too. I enjoyed these chapters and am looking forward to more!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Thank you!
Spoiler:
Willow Creek does sound like the name of a retirement home. I looks like I left the box that ages the neighbourhood checked, so everyone got old. Does it generate more once everyone dies off? I've never actually played the game for this length of time before! Thank you, here's hoping there's love out there for her somewhere! Luckily for me Rhea had vacation days and Anne was jobless - I couldn't wait any longer to explore Granite Falls!
I can't help it, there's so much to look at! And yes, I like seeing what other people notice - sometimes I don't notice them myself so it's pretty cool. Thank you so much, I should have more soon! :)
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Spoiler:
I don't know from personal experience because I have my game set like Sims 2 aging (i.e. only the current house ages), but I've heard that the "my town is full of old people and/or ghosts" is a common problem because the game doesn't sufficiently generate young people. Pinstar addressed it here. The relevant bit is the third paragraph in the "spouses" section. That's what I meant by using legacyloves. :) Whether you use those or not, good luck finding her a husband! I'll be looking forward to reading the results!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
I was just reading your legacy and finding out what legacyloves are that way, lol. I'm planning to add some sims to 'hood later on - possibly some kids so that generation 3 have some people to talk to, but we'll see what happens :) I should have the next chapter up soon - it's about half done at the moment :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Five! 26-2-15

Post by Sam »

Update!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Six! 2nd March!

Post by Sam »

Update!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Hmm, I missed your previous update but I'm all caught up now. :)
Spoiler:
The proposal was hilarious! I also loved the maid ghost playing with the clay, but I guess now he gets a friend random ghost, so maybe he won't need the clay? Oh my goodness, so much going on in Chapter 6, but my take-away is that Dante made cute kids. :lol: Great chapters!
limestar

Post by limestar »

This legacy can't seem to get a break with their spouses dying so soon! Karli grew up gorgeous ( heir poll spoilers haha ). Love the work as always - keep going!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Taube:
Spoiler:
It honestly looked like she'd just found it! :lol: I seem to be collecting random ghosts, so maybe they'll all hang out or whatever! Dante did make some gorgeous kids, I love them both. Thank you!
limestar:
Yeah! I really need to make sure I'm marrying in young adults instead of adults, I guess! Yeah I meant to post the next chapter and then the poll, but they're getting on a bit in game and I haven't finished the next chapter yet :) Thanks for your comment!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Seven! 4th March!

Post by Sam »

Update!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Seven! 4th March!

Post by Taube »

Spoiler:
Very cute update! Both kids are coming along nicely. I'm still rooting for Ryker in the heir poll (though he's kind of getting his butt kicked!) but now that I've seen more of Karli I like her better than before. :) You have quite the impressive collection of graves there! I loved Anne's sad painting. The low skill emotional paintings just crack me up. Anyway, great chapter!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Eight! 8th March!

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
I love them both! And yeah, Ryker did get his butt kicked, bless him. I really like Karli, mostly because her aspiration is proving to be quite easy. I'm sure that graveyard's only going to get bigger! It was an amazing painting, wasn't it? Thanks for your comment!
Update!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Eight! 8th March!

Post by Taube »

Spoiler:
Random thoughts: Ha ha, Myla's attitude and the way you write it is perfect! Her faces are the best. Too bad she won't be marrying in thanks to that attitude. Congrats to the kids on first kisses! I think romance aspirations do help because they have that alluring trait. That last shot! OMG, so pretty! Another great chapter. Keep up the good work!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Nine! 21st March!

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
Thank you! She was a lot of fun to have around even if she wouldn't move in. To be fair I haven't played much with the Romance aspirations yet. Granite Falls is gorgeous, isn't it? Thanks for your comment!
Who'd like an update? :D
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Nine! 21st March!

Post by Taube »

Me, me! I would like an update! ;)
Spoiler:
This was a really funny chapter. The quip about Facebook had me cracking up. I mean, why wouldn't you want everyone to know you're still dead? Kassidy is really cute, and I love her smug faces. Some sim children seem to have those, I've noticed. Ha, another girl! You're really pushing those odds; you'll have to get another boy soon!
I really enjoy your legacy style. Keep 'em coming! :)

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”