Darling ISBI Legacy - Updated 6/14/24

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
PracticalPumpkin
Origin ID: PracticalPumpkin
United States of America

Darling ISBI Legacy - Updated 6/14/24

Post by PracticalPumpkin »

Hello everyone! I'm PracticalPumpkin (or Pumpkin) and this is my first time sharing and creating a public sims legacy challenge. Please let me know if I'm not following any rules properly! I'm also new to a forum like this, so forgive me if some code for links is a little borked.

I've been reading a bunch of ISBI challenges and wanted to start my own--so the Darling legacy was made! Our founder and current TH is Annika Darling. I hope you guys enjoy reading because I am having a lot of fun playing and making updates.

Intro!

Founding Generation: Annika Darling
Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 1.4
Chapter 1.5
Chapter 1.6
Chapter 1.7
Chapter 1.8
Chapter 1.9

Thank you for reading! :click:
Last edited by PracticalPumpkin on June 14th, 2024, 12:59 am, edited 8 times in total.
ciyrose
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Darling ISBI Legacy - Updated 5/18/24

Post by ciyrose »

Hello and welcome to the forums!!! All the links and everything seem perfect so I think you are all good! I also totally love a good ISBI, always fun to follow along with them.
Spoiler:
So just cause I'm always curious how people decide, what made those life spans (which I'm assuming are in days) the ones you chose? HAHA, the game doesn't want her living in squalor either apparently. lol I don't think there are technically any rules about changing the traits through in-game methods. So if you get a 'change in personality pop-up' I don't THINK it's against any rule to change it, just can't go into full CAS and change them kind of thing. You could probably also institute that as your own rule if you want. LOL, yeah, that NAP can make everything really messy in an ISBI. lol OOf, yeah pregnancy for 7 days feels way too long, don't blame you for lowering it. Oh good, glad you saw that note about vampire attacks! Isla is an adorable little girl! Not too many points lost so far. Hope the toddler years go well!
Image Image Image

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
Image ImageImage Image Image Image
PracticalPumpkin
United States of America

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! You totally made my day, lol.
Spoiler:
Yes, the lifespan is in days! I decided on the times kind of based on how long it takes a baby to age up to YA, so the parents won't be super old by the time the kids have babies of their own, lol. I might tweak the YA/adult/elder durations down just a touch after reviewing it again. I also like to give elders a little more time so that they can enjoy their grandbabies. I almost always play on long lifespan; with my modifications it's 645 sim days, instead of 528. lol

That's a good point about the in-game methods to change traits! :) I hate the Free Love NAP lmao, I play monogamous sims primarily because I'm boring. A 7 day pregnancy was WAAAAY too long, I'm glad I changed it too lol. It was my first ever vampire attack and Vlad legitimately scared me a little bit!
PracticalPumpkin
United States of America

New update! Chapter 1.4
IotaTav
Origin ID: IotaTav
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Re: Darling ISBI Legacy - Updated 5/22/24

Post by IotaTav »

Yay, new update!
Spoiler:
I'm sure you will never regret having a fourth kid. Never. :rotfl:
Something I've noticed in this is that you seem to treat every aspiration goal as a milestone, whereas I've only ever seen it be the stages (which most aspirations only have 4 of). Carl's Sims Guide on the RoM aspirations uses it this way, and that's how I've always seen it be treated in ISBIs. (I'm not saying you have to change things as long as you're being consistent [or even if not, it's your game after all :celebration: ], btw, just letting you know info so you can make a decision one way or the other before you get too far in).
Current Challenges
Spoiler:
PracticalPumpkin
United States of America

Ohh nooo, you're right, I misunderstood how the points were calculated on that. Duh!! :duh: Lol. Thank you, I will absolutely fix that.
Spoiler:
I won't regret four kids. Not at all. >.> Unless the game decides to give me twins/triplets.
ciyrose
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

OH yay for a new update!
Spoiler:
1.4: I can be so hard to get the non-TH promotions, but not impossible for sure. Isla really is a cutie! Tents are totally a good idea, not cheating at all, it's a part of the game and as long as you aren't directing them to go play in it or sleep in it, your fine. I know you already saw the message from Iota about goals or steps vs milestones. Congrats on getting the baby boy. :) Oh you haven't seen anything yet with a NTH spouse and child care. lol I mean you probably have seen it in other ISBIs, but the number of fails....whew they can add up quick. I do miss when the blowing out of the candles actually sparked more of an 'event' like it did in TS2, where everyone would actually gather BEFORE they blew out the candles. Aww Denice is a cute little toddler for sure!
Image Image Image

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
PracticalPumpkin
United States of America

Spoiler:
The fourth kiddo will probably bring a lot of fail, honestly. But here's to hoping everything continues to run semi-smoothly lol.
PracticalPumpkin
United States of America

Re: Darling ISBI Legacy - Updated 5/30/24

New chapter! :D Chapter 1.5
ciyrose
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Ooh, a new chapter:
Spoiler:
Chapter 1.5: You know, 35 points for this early into an ISBI is not bad at all. You do gotta love independent toddlers in an ISBI. Oh nice, a rare moment of peace in an ISBI, everyone sleeping at the same time. Awww, yay, now they have 2 of each! Wow, you actually eared a LOT of toddler points. I never managed to max more than potty on anyone I don't think....maybe one kid. Um, you did get happy toddler. There is still a glitch where it does not actually show in the traits (happy toddler or top-notch toddler), but if you got all 5 skills to level 3 they are happy toddler, and if you maxed all 5 skills it's top-notch toddler, but I think you gave yourself those points before she grew up since you gave yourself the 5 points for having all skills at level 3 (which is happy toddler.)
Another good update!
Image Image Image

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
PracticalPumpkin
United States of America

Spoiler:
Oh, I didn't know it was glitched, haha. I guess I just misunderstood the scoresheet (you'd think I'd know better with how many ISBIs I've read, lol.)

After reading your comment about the skills, it dawned on me that I had changed the setting some time ago for skill gain from 0 to 1 in MCCC, so my sims have been skilling 100% faster than normal. I changed the setting back to default, and I'll be removing all the points earned from the toddlers skills because I did not truly earn those points. I'm a little disappointed in myself, I thought I had checked everything and made sure I wasn't cheating in any way. Thank you for saying something, I might not have noticed since I've been playing with the increased skill gain for a loooong time. I hope ya'll still continue to read it and enjoy the story with all my blunders.

Side note, how many mistakes can I make in one ISBI? I'm already at three. lol
ciyrose
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

PracticalPumpkin wrote: May 30th, 2024, 2:48 pm
Spoiler:
Oh, I didn't know it was glitched, haha. I guess I just misunderstood the scoresheet (you'd think I'd know better with how many ISBIs I've read, lol.)

After reading your comment about the skills, it dawned on me that I had changed the setting some time ago for skill gain from 0 to 1 in MCCC, so my sims have been skilling 100% faster than normal. I changed the setting back to default, and I'll be removing all the points earned from the toddlers skills because I did not truly earn those points. I'm a little disappointed in myself, I thought I had checked everything and made sure I wasn't cheating in any way. Thank you for saying something, I might not have noticed since I've been playing with the increased skill gain for a loooong time. I hope ya'll still continue to read it and enjoy the story with all my blunders.

Side note, how many mistakes can I make in one ISBI? I'm already at three. lol
Spoiler:
Oh no, I'm sorry I wasn't trying to call you out on skills!!! I hate when I think I have everything set the way I want and then find something like that! Don't ever worry about the blunders, goodness, it's an ISBI, it's supposed to be crazy and chaotic and insane. :D I have highly enjoyed it, I was quite jealous of your toddlers. lol I'm glad you know it's glitched now though. You'll probably see it pop up as soon as they turn YA (I think).
Image Image Image

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
PracticalPumpkin
United States of America

ciyrose wrote: May 30th, 2024, 3:34 pm
Spoiler:
Oh no, I'm sorry I wasn't trying to call you out on skills!!! I hate when I think I have everything set the way I want and then find something like that! Don't ever worry about the blunders, goodness, it's an ISBI, it's supposed to be crazy and chaotic and insane. :D I have highly enjoyed it, I was quite jealous of your toddlers. lol I'm glad you know it's glitched now though. You'll probably see it pop up as soon as they turn YA (I think).
Spoiler:
Don't be sorry at all! I'm so glad you said something because I wouldn't have ever noticed it! :haha: Now I can do it the right way. lol I wonder how they'll do now that they aren't boosted anymore. It's my weekend so I'm planning on playing quite a bit to have another update before going back to work.

Also I've been reading your Otts ISBI and I LOVE it. :heart:
PracticalPumpkin
United States of America

Re: Darling ISBI Legacy - Updated 5/31/24

New chapter! Chapter 1.6
ciyrose
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I am so proud of myself for staying up with your ISBI (don't expect it to last, I am usually so bad at keeping up on blogs. :D)
Spoiler:
1.6: Oh no, things had been going well. Just as a question, do you have a coffee pot on the lot, or did the park? Energized sims, or sims on coffee, will RARELY go to bed, but they will get exhausted. Just something you may want to look into if it happens again. I didn't think I saw one, but you know your lots better than me. :) Oh no, you got THAT bug!!!! After the first 4 or 5 times I started to wonder if maybe you had a bug. Yeah, give yourself some points back for sure. I don't think anything happens to toddlers with storms, other than they sometimes get scared.

Also, I'm happy you are enjoying the Otts, they also put me through hell a few times, but I love them dearly.
Image Image Image

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
PracticalPumpkin
United States of America

ciyrose wrote: May 31st, 2024, 4:14 pm I am so proud of myself for staying up with your ISBI (don't expect it to last, I am usually so bad at keeping up on blogs. :D)
Spoiler:
1.6: Oh no, things had been going well. Just as a question, do you have a coffee pot on the lot, or did the park? Energized sims, or sims on coffee, will RARELY go to bed, but they will get exhausted. Just something you may want to look into if it happens again. I didn't think I saw one, but you know your lots better than me. :) Oh no, you got THAT bug!!!! After the first 4 or 5 times I started to wonder if maybe you had a bug. Yeah, give yourself some points back for sure. I don't think anything happens to toddlers with storms, other than they sometimes get scared.

Also, I'm happy you are enjoying the Otts, they also put me through hell a few times, but I love them dearly.
I feel the same, lol! I'm starting to read a bunch of different blogs and catch up with everyone so I can participate on the forums a bit more. :)
Spoiler:
I did not give them a coffee pot, because I knew they would drink that stuff like crazy and never sleep! lmao. I've never had that bug before, I was going crazy. I had absolutely no idea what was going on with her. :haha: It would be horrible if toddlers could get struck by lightning, so I'm glad that's not a thing! I 100% baby proofed the front door so they'd stop running outside for no reason. lol
PracticalPumpkin
United States of America

Re: Darling ISBI Legacy - Updated 6/6/24

New chapter! :) <3 Chapter 1.7
PracticalPumpkin
United States of America

Re: Darling ISBI Legacy - Updated 6/12/24

New update, enjoy! Chapter 1.8