Deerbush BACC [Sept 3, 2021]

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Deerbush BACC [Sept 3, 2021]

Post by simsterlyrock »

My latest attempt at a BACC using the original rules, with a mixture of the original and Nepheris's rules for unlocking jobs.

Updates
Week 1: Malone/ Highmore
Week 2: Malone / Highmore
Week 3: Malone / Highmore
Week 4: Malone / Highmore
Week 5: Malone

Stats
Spoiler:
playable sims: 9
SM: 2
population: 18

households: 3
community lots: 3
subhoods: 0
Jobs
Spoiler:
Open jobs:
  • Athletic: Unlocked [Charlotte Malone]
  • Education: 0/1 [Virginia Clark]
  • Oceaongraphy: 0/1 [Alison Malone]
  • Politics: 0/1 [Wendy Malone]
Rules to unlock:
  • Adventurer: 1 position open when a museum is built; unlocked when someone tops career
  • Architecture: 1 position for every 10 lots and each subhood
  • Artist: 1 position for every level 5 art business. Open for any sim with max Creativity who’s sold 10 masterpieces
  • Athletic: unlocked with sports themed community lot
  • Business: position open for a Sim with a top-level business; unlocked when someone tops career
  • Criminal: 1 position open when population hits 100; unlocked when someone tops career (only one Evil Mastermind at a time)
  • Culinary: position open for a Sim with a restaurant; unlocked when someone tops career
  • Dance: 1 position for every level 5 dance studio; unlocked when someone tops career
  • Education: 1 position when first child in town reaches childhood; unlocked for anyone with a University degree when someone tops career
  • Entertainment: 1 position open when a Sim transitions to adulthood with max Charisma
  • Gamer: 1 position for any Sims with the expensive computer, video game console, pinball machine, and arcade game
  • Intelligence: Unlocked when Law Enforcement and Military have been topped; requires college GPA 4.0
  • Journalism: Position open with 5 fires, 5 burglaries where something is stolen, or someone tops a career; unlocked with connection to Downtown
  • Law: position open whenever a sim gets furious with another sim (requires Couples Counseling to enter); unlocked with university degree when someone tops career
  • Law Enforcement: position open for every 3 burglaries, every 3 fires, when the population reaches 500, or when someone tops Criminal
  • Medical: position open when someone gets sick and passes it to 2 other sims (requires Physiology to enter); unlocked for anyone with Biology degree when topped
  • Military: unlocked with military base (only one General at a time)
  • Music: unlocked when 3 music instruments are on a community lot
  • Natural Science: open for any sim with gold gardening badge and Biology degree
  • Oceanography: open to anyone with gold fishing badge; unlocked for anyone with Biology degree when topped
  • Paranormal: first position for a cemetery with 5 graves. new positions unlock when an alien is born or someone turns into a creature
  • Politics: open for founder; unlocked when topped
  • Science: open to any sim with max Logic and gold robotics badge; unlocked for anyone with Physics degree when topped
  • Show Business: position open for every Prestidigitator (Entertainment) and Professional Party Guest (Slacker)
  • Slacker: position open for every club; unlocked when Downtown is added
Last edited by simsterlyrock on September 3rd, 2021, 7:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Deerbush BACC [Aug 12, 2021]

Post by FunkyFresh »

Ohh, I was just recently wondering what happened to Blackridge Isle and now you’ve started a whole new BACC! I love it so far and I will definitely follow.
Spoiler:
What a great start you had. Wendy and Virginia are adorable.
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Deerbush BACC [Aug 12, 2021]

Post by simsterlyrock »

FunkyFresh wrote:Ohh, I was just recently wondering what happened to Blackridge Isle and now you’ve started a whole new BACC! I love it so far and I will definitely follow.
Spoiler:
What a great start you had. Wendy and Virginia are adorable.
Yeah, Blackridge Isle is officially on an indefinite hiatus. :lol: I love the families and liked what I had planned, but I redid my downloads folder and can't be bothered to deal with the houses that will be missing recolors and wallpaper now. :lol: Maybe at some point I'll go back to it since it's been over a year, but for now I've got Deerbush. :) Glad you're liking it so far! And you're in luck, because I've got another update.

Week 2 Highmore
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Deerbush BACC [Aug 13, 2021]

Post by FunkyFresh »

I know the feeling! I really wanted to start another BACC, but I don't want to give up Crimson Falls. And I really need to reinstall my game as it is slowly getting more and more corrupted, so I can't start it while still playing Crimson Falls.
Well, if you ever go back to Blackridge Isle, I'll definitely follow again :)
Spoiler:
Your Sims have such pretty houses. What an interesting combination, Vampire/PlantSim. Jodey is really pretty, I can't wait to see what their baby will look like!
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Deerbush BACC [Aug 13, 2021]

Post by simsterlyrock »

FunkyFresh wrote:I know the feeling! I really wanted to start another BACC, but I don't want to give up Crimson Falls. And I really need to reinstall my game as it is slowly getting more and more corrupted, so I can't start it while still playing Crimson Falls.
Well, if you ever go back to Blackridge Isle, I'll definitely follow again :)
Spoiler:
Your Sims have such pretty houses. What an interesting combination, Vampire/PlantSim. Jodey is really pretty, I can't wait to see what their baby will look like!
You're in luck, because I played another household in Blackridge Isle yesterday after a year of not playing it. :lol: So I'll have another update for that in a few days!

And thanks! I'm trying to actually build the houses myself with this 'hood instead of copying floorplans or downloading houses from other simmers like I usually do, so I appreciate it. :)
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Deerbush BACC [Aug 17, 2021]

Post by simsterlyrock »

Two new updates! Malone week 3 and Highmore week 3 are both posted. :)
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Deerbush BACC [Aug 21, 2021]

Post by simsterlyrock »

New update! Week 4, Malone
simsterlyrock