Bonita's Wants - A Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge [COMPLETE September 27th 2022]

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Bonita's Wants - A Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge [COMPLETE September 27th 2022]

Post by katrisims »

Welcome to Bonita's Wants! This is a Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge, for 2022's Summer Sim Challenge. The challenge's star is Bonita Curious from the Lakewood BaCC, and here she attempts to fulfill 100 Wants over the summer. If needs be, we can stop at an earlier hurdle to make the deadline. Without further ado, I hope you enjoy the challenge!

Updates:
Hurdle 1
Hurdle 2
Hurdle 3
Final Hurdle
Brenda's Bonus
Last edited by katrisims on November 2nd, 2022, 6:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Bonita's Wants, a Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge [June 12th 2022]

Post by Sam »

:wave:
Spoiler:
This is a fun little challenge I'm not familiar with, so I look forward to seeing how this progresses!
Getting the career she wants right off the bat is insanely good luck! In fact, things are going really well for Bonita! Weird how there's no playables or townies or anything, I didn't know Clean Templates would do that! I'm with you on the shy sim compliments, so cute! The new townies seem like a fun bunch :lol:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Sam! :wave:
Spoiler:
The challenge is new to me too, and so far it's been a lot of fun. :) I like how versatile it is too, depending on what you choose as the activity, it could be a totally different challenge, and you can also tune the difficulty level to your liking with that. I think I'll re-do it some time with a different activity.

Oh yeah, Bonita is doing great. ^^ I think the job being there on the first day must be my game trying to make up how hard finding the right job was in my Asylum. :lol:

I didn't realize that about clean templates before either. I think it's because now on my current computer I have more of them I did on my old one, and I hadn't opened all 'hoods before installing them. Well, I was originally intending to get to know the actual residents of Desiderata Valley, but randomized ones seem to work well too. :)
Thanks for reading and commenting! :cookie:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Hi Katri, nice to see you again!

This looks like a fun little challenge, I might have to try it! :spin:
Spoiler:
Romance, Popularity and Pleasure (perhaps Family too) would be good for stepping outside my usual proclivity for choosing Fortune and Knowledge.
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Laurie, it's good seeing you too! ^^

Yeah it'd definitely been fun so far, I like how flexible it is! You could pick a different activity and have a completely different challenge basically, and you can tune the difficulty to your liking too. So yeah, I can recommend this one for a shorter challenge. :thup:
Spoiler:
It's good to do something a little different sometimes. I'd probably pick Knowledge and maybe Family all the time if I wasn't so used to rolling for aspirations that I do it even when not required by the rules. Bonita is Knowledge/Family because that's what she rolled in Lakewood. I don't know, maybe a different aspiration would be more exciting for this, but well, as she's supposed to work on her LTW and her career too it works nicely for that too. It could be fun to do the Wants version of this challenge with a Romance sim or something, too. :hmm:
Boo
Origin ID: MightyMinestrone
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post by Boo »

This is so fun! I'm thinking about doing something similar, honestly. Is that okay? I'll credit you. :)
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Boo! I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge. ^^ And absolutely go for it, no need to credit me as I didn't invent the challenge. :) It's this one here on Boolprop. It's a fun one, and very versatile. Have fun! :)
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Finally read the first update! Looks like Bonita Is having a lot of fun! So happy you figured out the townie thing so she could get some romance :haha: also, Knowledge sims and their skilling wants! I remember I used to love them for that same reason when I played sims 2, they make for some great point banks :tongue:

I hope the challenge keeps going this great for you!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Salem! :wave:

Yeah I think Bonita is enjoying this, this variant is quite friendly to the sim doing the challenge. Good thing I figured out the missing townies indeed, Bonita's prospects weren't looking great before that. :lol: Oh yeah, the later skill points give quite nice aspiration points too. :) Hopefully I can keep the challenge from becoming just Bonita sitting on the couch though. :lol:

katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Bonita's Wants, a Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge [July 29th 2022]

Post by katrisims »

Bump! The second hurdle is now up on my Dreamwidth! With that, we're halfway through and still on track to make it during the summer, plus this completes my SimNano goal. :) I hope you enjoy! :cookie: :donut: :pie:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
nice going with the wants
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Thanks peachy, and thanks for reading and commenting! ^^ It's going well so far.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Bonita's Wants - a Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge [August 26th 2022]

Post by katrisims »

The third hurdle is now out! Three fourths of the way done now, and a month to go, so we're well on track still. I hope you enjoy the update! :cookie:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
good job, Bonita i think is so pretty, and cute baby boy too
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Spoiler:
Thanks peachy! Bonita is quite pretty, I suppose she lucked out as a born-in-game alien. Brandon is a cutie, but then, all TS2 babies look essentially the same. I'm looking forward to seeing how he looks as a toddler. :)
Thanks for reading and commenting! ^^
B. Scirocco
Steam ID: Le Tresor Interdit
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Post by B. Scirocco »

Hello there, thought I'd comment after following this for a while. It looks like a simple but fun challenge!
Good thing you figured out why the Gardening Club were the only ones showing up at first!
I agree with you; dates (and outings) are a lot of help if your Sims need a boost.
Bonita and Brenda make a lovely couple! It's kind of sweet that several of Bonita's wants were to spend time with her.
Bonita apparently had pregnancy cravings; all the food wants were kind of funny to see. ^^ I would have guessed that she had a predestined hobby for cuisine if it weren't science.
You're doing great so far; good luck on the final hurdle!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hello there, and welcome aboard! :wave:
Spoiler:
I can definitely recommend this challenge to anyone looking for a shortish and simple challenge, I've had a lot of fun. :) I also love that it's so customizable, by picking a different activity you could have a completely different challenge.

Yeah it was good that I figured it out, it would have been a much duller challenge otherwise!

Dates are very powerful indeed. I'm still toying around with the idea of doing a bonus update on how many Wants I can squeeze into one date after the official challenge is over. It does pique my curiosity.

They're very cute together. It's nice to see non-Family sims rolling these types of Wants, it's endearing. Of course, it's good for the challenge too, as Wants for social interaction with one's spouse are easy to fulfill. :)

It was pretty funny to see the food Wants pop up so suddenly, I suppose it could be pregnancy cravings. :P Bonita had been studying cooking for work, so that probably perked up her hobby enthusiasm and partly prompted the Wants. Still, she has been rolling the regular stargazing Wants too. I suppose Science doesn't have as many related Wants as Cuisine does.

Thank you! The final hurdle is currently underway, I'm determined to get the finale out this month. Fingers crossed!
Thank you for reading and commenting! ^^
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Bonita's Wants - A Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge [COMPLETE September 27th 2022]

Post by katrisims »

A few days before the deadline, this challenge is now complete! The Final Hurdle is now up at my Dreamwidth, I hope you enjoy! ^^
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Bonita's Wants - A Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge [COMPLETE September 27th 2022]

Post by Lorinsv »

A nice little family of B's :)

Congrats on finishing! It was interesting how you had to strategize Bonita's final batch of Wants.

I've never used the lightning rods, I'll have to check them out. The shy dancing was cute too, something else new for me.
Never had a Womrat either. Wow, after all these years, there's still more stuff to discover! :plumbob2:

How many days did each hurdle take?

I'm definitely gonna use this challenge in some new MV households. I'm especially interested in how the Family, Romance, Popularity and Pleasure aspirations would play out.

Going to check out the GBOC thread now... :drinks:
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Thanks Laurie! ^^ This was a fun challenge and a cute little family.
Spoiler:
The final batch had a little bit of strategic timing going on. The last morning, I was even stumped for a little bit before I realized duh, I can just make Bonita skill something other than mechanical or creativity. :lol:

The lightning rods are pretty handy, a few of them should reduce the chance of sims (and trees, I suppose?) being hit by lightning almost none. Shy sim dancing was way cute! ^^

I think one of the families in Alphabetia may have had a womrat, but I don't have much recollection there. The main family has/had a bird, and that felt like a lot more trouble to keep fed than this womrat. I wonder if the hack that should keep these cage pets from losing hunger motive even while the game is paused only now started working for me since Benny was a completely new pet... Well, it's odd anyway.

Ho humm... I think the first hurdle took about one sim week, but beyond that, I lost track of days pretty quickly. In the end, Bonita was something like 10+ days from elder still, and I gave her one shot of elixir (which kind of turned out unnecessary). So the whole thing wasn't that long. The second hurdle was probably the fastest, because that included the date which gave a bunch of Wants quickly.

That's the fun thing about this challenge: doing it with a different activity (or a different Aspiration in case of Wants) basically makes it a whole new challenge. :) I'll probably re-do it at one point or another too, Lakewood needs its sub-challenges and this can be good for any future timed challenges too, as it can be quite short. Looking forward to seeing this challenge pop up in MV!

Thank you for reading and commenting! :cookie:

Return to “Completed Boolprop Challenges”