MAKE CUSTOM FACE TEMPLATES HELP

sarabi13
Italy

MAKE CUSTOM FACE TEMPLATES HELP

Post by sarabi13 »

Hey y'all!
I recently tried to follow this tutorial (https://dominiquex.livejournal.com/1673.html) to make your own face templates and up until the last part (Group ID's) it was all very clear, although tedious.
I am in no way skilled with codes and stuff but I tried it anyway, but there are a few things I couldn't understand in the last part. i will now copy my comment under that post here in case someone here can help me out.

1. "Open your temporary BodyShop package in SimPE (the one specified in the "Before You Begin" section). Open a file (I like to use 3IDR, but I don't know that it matters) in Resource view mode, and copy a Group ID number from it."

-> I wasn't sure but by temporary bodyshop package do you mean one of the .sims2package files (AF, AM and so on) that we extracted and put in the project folder? I assumed it was one of them.
I don't know which group ID i should use because from the Resource List all I see is the 0xFFFFFFFF.. one and I can't seem to be able to do anything from there, and as you said in your tutorial we should be in resource view mode. I can see a bunch of lines and values from plugin mode for each file but I don't know what I should do there.

I know basic stuff of how to use SimPe but from this part of the tutorial it wasn't specific enough for my knowledge level apparently :blush:
I don't know if the blog is still active, if any of you can help be i would be very happy, i am very stubborn and have lost hours on this tutorial i can't even imagine leaving it unfinished :heartbeat: :heart:
madeinsixam

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: MAKE CUSTOM FACE TEMPLATES HELP

Post by madeinsixam »

I know this was a while ago but I'm going to answer in case you're still around... or maybe it'll be useful for someone else!
sarabi13 wrote: August 15th, 2023, 4:55 am -> I wasn't sure but by temporary bodyshop package do you mean one of the .sims2package files (AF, AM and so on) that we extracted and put in the project folder? I assumed it was one of them.
In the "before you begin" section, it says this:
• Have a temporary BodyShop project to later take a Group ID from – this means a BodyShop project in your EA Games/Sims 2/Projects folder.
I assume you need to create a BodyShop project before you begin.
sarabi13 wrote: August 15th, 2023, 4:55 am I don't know which group ID i should use because from the Resource List all I see is the 0xFFFFFFFF.. one and I can't seem to be able to do anything from there, and as you said in your tutorial we should be in resource view mode. I can see a bunch of lines and values from plugin mode for each file but I don't know what I should do there.
When you click on a file in resource view mode, there's a smaller pane at the bottom of the window. There's usually a field there called "GUID". If you Google SimPE + GUID, you'll find a few different tutorials, so you can choose one that makes sense to you. The tutorial you're following suggests that you could be using the wrong BodyShop file, maybe you could check that?

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”