My Simself Name Game Challenge - Updated 3/15/24

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

My Simself Name Game Challenge - Updated 3/15/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

I decided to take a stab at the Name Game Challenge. This will be part of my much greater Achievement Challenge but I wanted to create a separate post for each challenge. Here is the first chapter. I posted the entire week as one chapter but if others think I should break it up into smaller parts I am open to suggestions.

Overview & Rules
Generation One: Week 1-Fall
Generation One: Week 2-Fall
Generation One: Week 3 & 4 - Winter
Generation One: Week 5 - Spring Part 1 - NEW
Generation One: Week 6 - Spring Part 2 - NEW
Heir Poll - Part 1 This vote will determine which of the triplets will be eligible for heir - NOT the final heir poll.
Last edited by Designergirl81 on March 15th, 2024, 6:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: My Simself Name Game Challenge

Post by ciyrose »

I end up posting 2 weeks at a time, so I don't mind 1 week at a time myself. I think it's up to what you want to write, because I will say 2 weeks is a LOT of writing. lol
Spoiler:
1.1: Love the Elyza name, will be fun to follow her and her kids. I like the updated library. The salads do look SO BAD! Awww, poor Lucy being scared of the TV. Awww, poor Lucy. YAY for finally being able to afford the tablet. Awww, I already love Liam! OMG, triplets for letter 1? lol So much for the shorter name.
An interesting start, can't wait to see what else you come up with!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: August 3rd, 2023, 5:59 pm I end up posting 2 weeks at a time, so I don't mind 1 week at a time myself. I think it's up to what you want to write, because I will say 2 weeks is a LOT of writing. lol
Spoiler:
1.1: Love the Elyza name, will be fun to follow her and her kids. I like the updated library. The salads do look SO BAD! Awww, poor Lucy being scared of the TV. Awww, poor Lucy. YAY for finally being able to afford the tablet. Awww, I already love Liam! OMG, triplets for letter 1? lol So much for the shorter name.
An interesting start, can't wait to see what else you come up with!
Spoiler:
Oh man!!! I just realized a missed something in the rules that if you have multiples they use the same letter. I just saw Nextwish's chapter where the twins both had names that stated with Q. I will rename two of them when they become infants. I guess Elyza has a lot more pregnancies in store. LOL!!
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

just finished reading!
Spoiler:
Hahahahahha I'm loving how you were like "I'm using a shorter name because I don't want to have 9 kids" and the game was like "ok, but you're having 7 instead!" :rofl: this game really has a very troll sense of humor :haha:

Liam and Elyza make a really cute couple tho, good luck with the tripplets! I haven't had tripplet infants so far, but twins are already a lot of work lol
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

Salem wrote: September 25th, 2023, 1:57 pm just finished reading!
Spoiler:
Hahahahahha I'm loving how you were like "I'm using a shorter name because I don't want to have 9 kids" and the game was like "ok, but you're having 7 instead!" :rofl: this game really has a very troll sense of humor :haha:

Liam and Elyza make a really cute couple tho, good luck with the tripplets! I haven't had tripplet infants so far, but twins are already a lot of work lol
Thanks for reading and commenting! I just finished playing the second round of this challenge on Saturday and still need to edit the pictures and post the chapter.
Spoiler:
It is a LOT of milestone notifications. I think Elyza and Liam only survived because of moodlet solver and sleep replacement potions from the reward store. None of the triplets were on the same sleep schedule. Two of them had the snuggly sleeper quirk which means they only want to sleep while being held. It took me like 6 hours to play through the week. It was intense! LOL!
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: My Simself Name Game Challenge - Updated 10/2/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

Here is an update to My Simself Name Game Challenge. I hope you enjoy.

Generation One: Week 2-Fall

I would like everyone's opinion on something quick.
Spoiler:
Because Elyza had triplets she will need 7 kids instead of the 5 I planned. The problem is that Sims household can only hold 8 sims. The household is currently at 7 with Liam, Elyza, Ethan, Edith, Erick, Lucas, and Lucy (Beagle). That means for at least a little while Elyza can only have one more child. So here is the question . . .

Do I use MCCC to temporarily increase the houeshold size to 10 to allow for baby Z and baby A? Or do I wait until Lucy dies to have baby Z (Lucy isn't even an elder yet)? But even then there still won't be room for baby A unless I move one of the triplets out early. I was thinking possibly Ethan because his name gets me less letters (3 - t, h, n) than Edith (4 - d, i, t, h) or Erick (4 - r, i, c, k).

If anyone has ideas that would be greatly appreciated.
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Spoiler:
OMG this update was craaaazy! I guess that's what happens when you have that many infants :eek: Good job juggling them on! You honestly did amazing lol triplets always scared me even before infants. now I live in terror :haha: they are super adorable tho, and litte Lucas is too!

Regarding the 7 kids thing, I personally have no experience with the family going over the number so far, but I did use MCCC to get the household bigger once and honestly, one extra sim is not a lot so if you feel comfortable, go for it :wink: If not, I believe Ciyrose waited until her older kids moved out, since you can mark them to no age for a couple dayys it doesn't really mess with heirpolls or anything :)
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

Salem wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 11:07 pm
Spoiler:
OMG this update was craaaazy! I guess that's what happens when you have that many infants :eek: Good job juggling them on! You honestly did amazing lol triplets always scared me even before infants. now I live in terror :haha: they are super adorable tho, and litte Lucas is too!

Regarding the 7 kids thing, I personally have no experience with the family going over the number so far, but I did use MCCC to get the household bigger once and honestly, one extra sim is not a lot so if you feel comfortable, go for it :wink: If not, I believe Ciyrose waited until her older kids moved out, since you can mark them to no age for a couple dayys it doesn't really mess with heirpolls or anything :)
Thanks for reading and providing comments.
Spoiler:
I think the only reason I was able to juggle that was with some moodlet reward potions. Liam and Elyza rarely went to bed because it was extremely rare that all three infants were sleeping at the same time. Thanks for the suggestions on how to do the 7 kid thing. I am now toying with the idea of sending the triplets off to University to make room in the house.
AmandaPlayzSims
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by AmandaPlayzSims »

I have been trying to find time to read your achievement challenge and lucky to have two chapters to read on this one!
Spoiler:
OMG! Triplets! I am not a fan of triplets especially as infants. Love the idea of creating a group with your founders for the 10 challenges. I might have to try that in my challenge too. :) You did a great job getting the infants to complete so many milestones. Getting some of them crawling is a major feat when dealing with triplets. Must have been crazy playing those days!

Regarding your question, I think it's really a personal preference whether to keep the house limit to 8 or increase it. I've played games with few extra sims in the house and i find if you stay under 10 or so the game doesn't get too hectic or slow down. Your idea of sending to university isn't a bad idea either to make room for more kids. It really depends on what you are comfortable with.
I look forward to reading more of this story in the future. I am hoping to read more of your stories soon!
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

AmandaPlayzSims wrote: October 12th, 2023, 9:24 am I have been trying to find time to read your achievement challenge and lucky to have two chapters to read on this one!
Spoiler:
OMG! Triplets! I am not a fan of triplets especially as infants. Love the idea of creating a group with your founders for the 10 challenges. I might have to try that in my challenge too. :) You did a great job getting the infants to complete so many milestones. Getting some of them crawling is a major feat when dealing with triplets. Must have been crazy playing those days!

Regarding your question, I think it's really a personal preference whether to keep the house limit to 8 or increase it. I've played games with few extra sims in the house and i find if you stay under 10 or so the game doesn't get too hectic or slow down. Your idea of sending to university isn't a bad idea either to make room for more kids. It really depends on what you are comfortable with.
I look forward to reading more of this story in the future. I am hoping to read more of your stories soon!
Thanks for your comments and glad you are enjoying things so far.
Spoiler:
Yes the triplet infants made for a very stressful week 2. Thankfully during week 1 Elyza and Liam earned enough reward points to buy some moodlet solver and sleep replacement potions. Otherwise they would have been in big trouble because all three hated sleeping in the crib. They all wanted to be held 24/7.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I got myself all out of order with your posts! lol So I am here to catch up on the week 2's that I just skipped right over.
Spoiler:
Week 2: Oh man, triplets have to be a huge handful. I'm still scared of twin infants! Liam is not having a great start to the week. The triplets are SUPER cute, even if a handful. I love Edith's little button nose. OH NO!! I wondered if you had risky in with that shower woohoo! Seems like when you don't want it to strike it will! Oh man, snuggly babies all across the board. You need an extra set of hands. Poor Lucy, but cannot blame you. Unless you have a mod to give you more it could only be twins, since you already have 5 sims and a pet. Still, glad it's just one! Poor Lucy, I'm not sure I can fully blame her, this house must be chaos. At least you are getting slept through the night milestones! At least you have a calm infant amongst the triplets! That's a tough decision. In my own name game I have always just waited for a grandparent to die or the elder siblings to age to YA then move them out but set them as playable so nothing happens with them and they just sit in limbo until the rest can be born. That would leave a pretty big amount of time they don't age for you though so I wouldn't blame you for using MCCC to up the household, just make sure to always use MCCC to go into CAS so you don't lose anyone.
What a crazy week!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: October 27th, 2023, 12:37 pm I got myself all out of order with your posts! lol So I am here to catch up on the week 2's that I just skipped right over.
Spoiler:
Week 2: Oh man, triplets have to be a huge handful. I'm still scared of twin infants! Liam is not having a great start to the week. The triplets are SUPER cute, even if a handful. I love Edith's little button nose. OH NO!! I wondered if you had risky in with that shower woohoo! Seems like when you don't want it to strike it will! Oh man, snuggly babies all across the board. You need an extra set of hands. Poor Lucy, but cannot blame you. Unless you have a mod to give you more it could only be twins, since you already have 5 sims and a pet. Still, glad it's just one! Poor Lucy, I'm not sure I can fully blame her, this house must be chaos. At least you are getting slept through the night milestones! At least you have a calm infant amongst the triplets! That's a tough decision. In my own name game I have always just waited for a grandparent to die or the elder siblings to age to YA then move them out but set them as playable so nothing happens with them and they just sit in limbo until the rest can be born. That would leave a pretty big amount of time they don't age for you though so I wouldn't blame you for using MCCC to up the household, just make sure to always use MCCC to go into CAS so you don't lose anyone.
What a crazy week!
Thanks for reading and providing comments. I actually just finished playing through week 2 in all of my other families so once I have a chance to post the chapters I will be ready for round 3. I am excited to get back to this family. One thing I think I am going to do different in round three is switch from two week seasons to 4 week seasons and then play each family for two weeks like you and some others do. One week just isn't feeling like enough time with some of the families.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Designergirl81 wrote: October 27th, 2023, 3:06 pm One thing I think I am going to do different in round three is switch from two week seasons to 4 week seasons and then play each family for two weeks like you and some others do. One week just isn't feeling like enough time with some of the families.
I totally understand this sentiment. I'm going to split (at least for a round to try it out) my seasons into 2 posts though because they just take FOREVER to write for me (let alone play.) There are a few other changes I'm going to be making too, but I'm excited to see how the new season goes!
Spoiler:
Don't you just love those weird "I can't reach it" type things with sims? At least you finally got Lucas fed. Congrats to Elyza on the potential "max" job! Boy do I understand getting 'slacky' with picture-taking when you have a super full household. It can get nuts! Aww, thanks for the shoutout! That little speech bubble almost looks like it's space grilled cheese, too cute! LOL, poor Edith, no longer the only girl. Lucas is such a cutie!!! I don't think I've seen that painting, it's fun! The triplets are such cute kids! Yvone is also a cutie, these 2 make some adorable kids. I love the new treehouses, although they are HUGE. I had no idea there was even a new TV station. I will have to check this out soon. Jokesters seems to happen VERY easily. I love that Winterfest family pic around the tree. So cute! It's always so hard to lose pets, they don't seem to live nearly long enough. I do get you about not aging while pregnant, it is kind of silly. I often use a life extender potion (if allowed) on the spouse on the next birthday (usually adult) to just keep them more aligned. The sibling part bugs me less because even twins/triplets don't always age at the same rate in terms of life things. Some people go prematurely grey, some look young well into their elder years, etc. But I 100% understand turning that off, because it is silly. Wow, Yvone is really adorable. I mean, all the kids are, but awww. Well see if she's being carried she's fine, but if someone puts her down she's going to wander and find someone else to hold her. :D You have a lot of family meals, it's nice. I struggle with that sometimes. My sims are rarely hungry at the same time. lol

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: November 21st, 2023, 12:54 pm
Designergirl81 wrote: October 27th, 2023, 3:06 pm One thing I think I am going to do different in round three is switch from two week seasons to 4 week seasons and then play each family for two weeks like you and some others do. One week just isn't feeling like enough time with some of the families.
I totally understand this sentiment. I'm going to split (at least for a round to try it out) my seasons into 2 posts though because they just take FOREVER to write for me (let alone play.) There are a few other changes I'm going to be making too, but I'm excited to see how the new season goes!
Spoiler:
Don't you just love those weird "I can't reach it" type things with sims? At least you finally got Lucas fed. Congrats to Elyza on the potential "max" job! Boy do I understand getting 'slacky' with picture-taking when you have a super full household. It can get nuts! Aww, thanks for the shoutout! That little speech bubble almost looks like it's space grilled cheese, too cute! LOL, poor Edith, no longer the only girl. Lucas is such a cutie!!! I don't think I've seen that painting, it's fun! The triplets are such cute kids! Yvone is also a cutie, these 2 make some adorable kids. I love the new treehouses, although they are HUGE. I had no idea there was even a new TV station. I will have to check this out soon. Jokesters seems to happen VERY easily. I love that Winterfest family pic around the tree. So cute! It's always so hard to lose pets, they don't seem to live nearly long enough. I do get you about not aging while pregnant, it is kind of silly. I often use a life extender potion (if allowed) on the spouse on the next birthday (usually adult) to just keep them more aligned. The sibling part bugs me less because even twins/triplets don't always age at the same rate in terms of life things. Some people go prematurely grey, some look young well into their elder years, etc. But I 100% understand turning that off, because it is silly. Wow, Yvone is really adorable. I mean, all the kids are, but awww. Well see if she's being carried she's fine, but if someone puts her down she's going to wander and find someone else to hold her. :D You have a lot of family meals, it's nice. I struggle with that sometimes. My sims are rarely hungry at the same time. lol
Thanks for the comments. I agree it is taking a long time to write up the chapters when playing two weeks at a time because not only is it writing the chapter but I am also going through and editing the screenshots. I find that I want to keep playing the different families but don't want to pause to work on the chapter updates. But I know if I do that I will get so behind. I am looking forward to seeing what changes you have planned for your next season.
Spoiler:
I agree these two seem to make some adorable kids but so far Yvone might be the cutest. I have had to resist checking in CAS to see how they will all look as teens. I am not sure if mine are all hungry at the same time. I just like the idea of family meals so kind of make them all sit down and eat together - LOL!
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: My Simself Name Game Challenge - Updated 11/20/23

Post by Salem »

Spoiler:
Ooooh longer updates! I love this, I love having lots of stuff to read!

Congrats on getting the tripplets to kids! They are all super cute! Just as Lucas and Yvone are too <3 I loved that picture of Edith having a tamtrum because she wasn't the only girl anymore lol that's always hard at that age!
I don't think I have a favorite so far, they are just all so cute!

Also I believe that the 50 social events achievement counts holidays, that's why it gets completed so quickly! I'm really hoping they fix and update some achievements sometime, they aren't the most exciting thing, but sometimes I like getting them lol.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: My Simself Name Game Challenge - Updated 3/12/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

I am taking some advice from a few other players here on Boolprop.net and will be changing my rotation going forward from Sunday mornings to Monday afternoons. I understand this will better accommodate sending Sims to University as well as events as the Accolade Awards. This family will get one extra day in this rotation as they are still starting on Sunday morning at 4 am. I have also found that since switching to a two week rotation I am struggling with writing the updates. So am also going to break each rotation up into two parts.

Spring-Part 1 is now available.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Designergirl81 wrote: March 12th, 2024, 6:26 pm I am taking some advice from a few other players here on Boolprop.net and will be changing my rotation going forward from Sunday mornings to Monday afternoons. I understand this will better accommodate sending Sims to University as well as events as the Accolade Awards. This family will get one extra day in this rotation as they are still starting on Sunday morning at 4 am. I have also found that since switching to a two week rotation I am struggling with writing the updates. So am also going to break each rotation up into two parts.
Whoo do I understand about stuggling to write the long updates. Hopefully the switch in rotation helps in the future and breaking up the weeks helps you feel like it's easier to write and keep going. I have taken such a long break I've got get back into all of it myself, but I'm starting to play again, so hopefully.
Spoiler:
Spring 1: The new house is BEAUTIFUL! Love it! Oh what a GREAT idea to do with the spares when you have a full house. I never thought about that, but it's so smart! Next time I have to do that in my Name Game we are probably stealing that idea. It's so nice that Liam is still helping out! My goodness, you had quite the run of deaths! Liam seems like a FANTASTIC "tenant" father. Also doing things with Yvone! The triplets look great as teens! Awww, sad about Lucy, and I understand. It's always hard to lose a bit, even harder if it's in RL or reminds you of it.

Spring 2: Awww, poor Erick, I have seen the sprain, but not the bursies yet. I can't say I have ever had the Flower Bunny feed a kid. Kind of fun. Always funny to me when an infant who LOVED wakup time, hates it as a toddler. What changed? lol Whew, finally through the kids! They are all adorable. Ooooh, denied the prom date, she is pretty, but Tiffany is even better, she seems to like him. Awww, all your teens had dates to the prom. How fun, that has NEVER happened to me. lol
I voted in the poll and look forward to the next update! Also, thank you for the idea for the UFO plant over on Mojo's update and the doggie pads for the apartments. I'm not sure what I will do yet, and we have a while before we get there, but I appreciate it!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: April 10th, 2024, 3:26 pm
Designergirl81 wrote: March 12th, 2024, 6:26 pm I am taking some advice from a few other players here on Boolprop.net and will be changing my rotation going forward from Sunday mornings to Monday afternoons. I understand this will better accommodate sending Sims to University as well as events as the Accolade Awards. This family will get one extra day in this rotation as they are still starting on Sunday morning at 4 am. I have also found that since switching to a two week rotation I am struggling with writing the updates. So am also going to break each rotation up into two parts.
Whoo do I understand about stuggling to write the long updates. Hopefully the switch in rotation helps in the future and breaking up the weeks helps you feel like it's easier to write and keep going. I have taken such a long break I've got get back into all of it myself, but I'm starting to play again, so hopefully.
Spoiler:
Spring 1: The new house is BEAUTIFUL! Love it! Oh what a GREAT idea to do with the spares when you have a full house. I never thought about that, but it's so smart! Next time I have to do that in my Name Game we are probably stealing that idea. It's so nice that Liam is still helping out! My goodness, you had quite the run of deaths! Liam seems like a FANTASTIC "tenant" father. Also doing things with Yvone! The triplets look great as teens! Awww, sad about Lucy, and I understand. It's always hard to lose a bit, even harder if it's in RL or reminds you of it.

Spring 2: Awww, poor Erick, I have seen the sprain, but not the bursies yet. I can't say I have ever had the Flower Bunny feed a kid. Kind of fun. Always funny to me when an infant who LOVED wakup time, hates it as a toddler. What changed? lol Whew, finally through the kids! They are all adorable. Ooooh, denied the prom date, she is pretty, but Tiffany is even better, she seems to like him. Awww, all your teens had dates to the prom. How fun, that has NEVER happened to me. lol
I voted in the poll and look forward to the next update! Also, thank you for the idea for the UFO plant over on Mojo's update and the doggie pads for the apartments. I'm not sure what I will do yet, and we have a while before we get there, but I appreciate it!
Thanks for reading and providing comments on the most recent set up updates. I always appreciate your feedback and thoughts on these legacies. Also thank you for voting in part 1 of the poll.

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”