Close Encounters Academy Challenge (updated 9th Feb 24)

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Close Encounters Academy Challenge (updated 31st Jan 24)

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 2.6 - Still not much happens :)
Spoiler:
The element collection finally gets completed! That was one of the three collections I aimed to finish this generation and the only one that did :)

Lyra is now a bear as well but she can still work on her skills just like usual.

I forgot to mention that Helios got a job in the fast food sector, and Rhiannon went into retail. Also, Aunt Kailyn got married and is finally pregnant, while Galaxy's twins (Cosima and Luna) aged into toddler and they look identical apart from eye colour. (To give an indication of how far into the family I am now, one of these twins just died of old age! That's far behind I am in documenting everything!).

Nova topped the Space Ranger career!! Yay!

Rhiannon tries to cook and fails. She's probably not impressed by her father trying to help either.

Winterfest happened! The family was invited around and this is the first time we've seen the founder, Aspen, as an elder.

Presents first, and then birthdays. Jupiter aged up with the Cat Lover trait and the Bestselling Author aspiration, and he will be skilling on writing. Lyra aged up with the Romantic trait and the Super Parent aspiration (which I may have possibly given her as I'm pretty sure by this stage, I knew she was going to be the heir). She will be skilling charisma and robotics, as the next heir is going to be an engineer.

Then family got invited around for a Winterfest party. (not sure who the bear is in the first pic - it would pretty much have to be Andromeda. That would make all the girls in the family have gone through the bear phase in one generation!). You can also see that Kailyn is pregnant.

Everyone got a present from Father Winter but I'll only show two to save space.

Nova completed the Bodybuilder aspiration, so she'll be around for a while! (by my calculations, she ended up living for 146 days, well into gen 5's reign! The average age span I've got on is 118 days, I think.)

Then Nova got abducted by aliens for the fifth and final time.

Pre-Prom party! Lyra got a crush on David Jeong (with light blue hair) but got along better with Hector Holland (on her other side).

Prom! Rhiannon was the Jester and Lyra was Prom Royalty. But if I remember correctly, there weren't too many others at prom so that made it a small group to pick from :)

Back in time for New Year's Eve!

And the next day, we get our final set of teens! Mars became a Genius with the Inner Peace aspiration. Andromeda got Creative and the Soulmate aspiration, and got a job as a lifeguard.

So I knew around this time that Lyra would definitely be the heir. She will have to move back to Oasis Springs and become an engineer, marry a human sim, have a human-looking child (that rule has now been changed because alien genetics have changed since the challenge began), have a human best friend and build the Close Encounters Academy. So there will only be one more update for this generation before Lyra takes over!
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 2.7 - Generation 2 ends
Spoiler:
All the pictures of the teens were done, as well as a family portrait.

Rhiannon is a pain. She keeps on erasing people's memories and this time, it was Lyra's. So they had to rebuild their friendship again.

Kailyn had triplets! Arthur, Bridget and Cleo. I'll only put the toddler pics in for the 1st cousins, otherwise later on, this will get really unmanageable!

Deon got abducted this time :)

And finally, Helios and Rhiannon aged into YAs! Helios rolled Gloomy and he got a job as an athlete. He was also Valedictorian. Rhiannon rolled Animal Enthusiast and got a job in Education. I don't think they moved out yet though as I wanted them to do graduation (which, in the end, didn't work).

Deon got to level 6 in the military career and chose the Officer branch, so he's now a 4th Lieutenant.

Nova finally finished all the upgrades to the space ship, which was last of her tasks!

Mars and Andromeda get busy with their skilling.

Lyra tries her hand at cooking and nearly everyone in the household tries to give her advice :lol:

Two little cousins, who could almost be twins. Azure belongs to Astra and Comet belongs to Sirius.

Nova and Deon are very much in love still :hug:

The end of Gen 2! Jupiter and Lyra age up to YA!! Jupiter rolls Non-Committal and becomes a writer. Lyra rolls Outgoing and becomes a Mechanical Engineer. Neither of them are moving out yet though because of graduation, and I wanted to get the final pair of twins aged up too.

----------------------------------------
Nova was a great heir and got all her tasks finished!

Tasks:
Move to a new world with the lot trait Peace & Quiet - Britechester
Aspiration from the Knowledge group (Top Academic - complete)
Build own rocket ship and upgrade fully - complete
Visit Sixam +10 points
Marry an alien +10 points
TFB in a rocket ship +10 points
Have an alien BFF +10 points

Extras:
Complete element, crystal, metal and space print collections.

MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by MayaRose1138 »

This story has been nominated for a Golden Plumbob award in the Rare Challenge category! If you would like to vote for this story, please go to https://www.boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?t=8530 to cast your vote!
MayaRose1138
Australia

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Close Encounters Academy Challenge (updated 9th Feb 24)

Post by MayaRose1138 »

Chapter 3.1 - All aboard the USS Enterprise
Spoiler:
No, that isn't a misleading title - you'll see why when Lyra moves out :)

First thing Lyra does as a YA is invite Hector out on a date. They are so cute together :couple: His father is Imran Watson from HoB and Leslie Holland from Strangerville. They're going to build up their relationship before Lyra moves out so that they'll be ready to get married as soon as she leaves home.

After hanging out in Winderburg, they headed out to the Bluffs together. By the end of the afternoon, they were girlfriend/boyfriend.

Deon got promoted to level 7 - Courageous Captain! Considering he had to do two careers to level 3 before this, I'm amazed he got this far.

Father Winter invited the family out to a charity organiser. It was a very boring event but anyway... And Uncle Orion was the bartender. Given his aspiration of being a Master Mixologist, that actually makes sense.

Lyra encounters her first alien abduction! Enjoy!

The family went to Sixam one last time but still no aliens :shrug: I'm really feeling that my game is bugged in this respect.

Graduation! Technically, only Lyra and Jupiter were eligible but I made Rhiannon and Helios dress up too and interestingly, they were able to ask for their certificates!

And then finally we can age up the last of gen 3! Mars rolled Bookworm and became a Doctor (although I can't remember whether I ever saw him at the hospital when Lyra was having babies. Or maybe that was when my game wasn't working so well with hospital births still). He was also Valedictorian. Andromeda rolled Self-Assured and became an Athlete.

And then lots of the kids moved out. Mars and Andromeda stayed in the house with Nova and Deon, while Rhiannon, Jupiter and Helios moved out somewhere together. And Lyra......
moved into the USS Enterprise!

I am so proud of this build! The interior is pretty sparse to start with but to just get the shape and everything made me very happy. So, the ground floor is the kitchen/dining area.

Then you go up the ladder onto the roof. On one side, up a set of stairs, is the master bedroom and ensuite. The other side is a hobby room of the same dimensions but it didn't have anything in it at this stage.

And up another set of stairs there is the Command Deck. Two large bedrooms at the back, each with a bathroom, and a living/study area at the front.

A lot of work went into this house and although I did find a few little bits that didn't quite work properly later on, I am still very happy with it.

Here is a better look at Hector Holland, Lyra's soon to be spouse. His traits are Glutton, Proper and Lazy (that combination should be fun!) and his aspiration is Inner Peace. I'm also going to get him to do Master Chef and see if he can complete the Chef career.

So these are the tasks for this generation:
- Move back to Oasis Springs (done)
- Marry a human sim
- Have a human-looking child (the rules have been changed so that is now 'have at least 3 children' but I was still working from the old rules)
- Have a human best friend (done)
- Build the Close Encounters Academy, worth at least $100,000
My own tasks will be to try to top the Mechanical Engineer career (which I've never done before) and master Robotics, and complete the moon print, crystal and metal collections.

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”