What's your playstyle?

Oso_Peluche
Canada

Seasonal Events

What's your playstyle?

Post by Oso_Peluche »

I've been curious on how people play the game! Do you smash the 3 button to play in speed up? Take it slow? Throw your sims to the skilling objects and leave them there?
I try to keep my game at speed 1 or 2 and try to focus on my sims Wants!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: What's your playstyle?

Post by Calamity Jade »

I enjoy playing legacy style, just love having a neighborhood with various descendants running around.

One thing I like to do is try to use a sim's preferred hobby to boost their fun. So if their one true hobby is science for instance then I have them use the telescope. If nature then gardening. Not a hard rule per se as I am sometimes lazy and need a quick fun boost via TV. But it's a way to mix things up.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Speed two for me unless i need to take a special picture. I like playing challenges, so must of the time it is either doing skilling or something for the challenge.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Speed 2 all the way. I want it over with. For random stuff I have to do personally. I will queue up the main person (I have a mod for 16 queue interactions) and then will place it on speed 1 and do housework or random stuff.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

I'm a challenge player, I don't think I can actually even play without a challenge anymore. :lol: I used to do plotty stories with my challenges, but those are now on indefinite hiatus; it was fun but very time consuming and energy intensive. Maybe one day yet...

Anyway, I seem to be in the minority here for playing speed. I generally play on speed one, maybe unless there's like just one sim at home and sitting on the couch skilling for eight hours straight or something. That's one reason I'm a slow player, and another one is I take too many pictures.

Also, I'm a bit of a micromanager, I have to intentionally keep myself from managing everything if I want to give my sims some actual free will. But on the other hand, I play pretty Wants based, I like to give sims what they want in general. :)
B. Scirocco
Steam ID: Le Tresor Interdit
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Post by B. Scirocco »

When I'm not doing a challenge and play normally:

I typically play on speed two, although keeping everyone on track, particularly if the house has more than about three sims, tends to require a lot of pausing. As far as playing to wants, it largely depends on the want: Something like "be best friends with Soandso" or "tickle Thisone" are fine, even if it means going out of the way to do so, but wants like "buy expensive painting" typically don't get fulfilled, because they detract from more long-term stuff like nicer beds. This is probably why I don't make too many fortune sims--or romance sims, for that matter.
I tend to get attached to my sims, and usually don't let them die of old age. That can turn into an issue if they end up having large extended families, since they have a lot of people to keep in touch with.
Oh, one other minor quirk: I usually have my sims grow vegetables; that sparkly food makes it much easier to keep them fed.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Well I will join katri in the fact that I typically play on speed 1 unless there is something that I need to "get through" (like all the sims are at school/work and or asleep, and then I let it go on the high speed unless I need to do something. It's a great time to put it on speed 1 and go get a drink.) If I have my sims all on a task I might speed it up to 2 in order to get them through the tasks, but since I tend to play challenges, and I am usually working very specifically on goals I tend to manage and keep things slow so I can stay on top of what's happening. Also, a handful of times I have missed things that happened because I had it sped up for some reason so I just normally don't anymore.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”