The L'Amour Legacy- updated 19/02/23

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

The L'Amour Legacy- updated 19/02/23

Post by Vooogerbits »

16/04/2022: From now on I'm adding links to the new chapters below, for ease :)

I've got 9 chapters of my legacy 'story' (more hopefully vaguely amusing documenting) on my wordpress site, the latest being uploaded today. I think I interpreted the starting-up rules wrong and therefore life is a bit of a struggle for the founder sim and offspring, but that makes it more fun ;)

Directory of chapters
Introduction

Founder/birth of Gen 1:
Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 1.4
Chapter 1.5
Chapter 1.6
Chapter 1.7
Chapter 1.8
Chapter 1.9
Chapter 1.10
Chapter 1.11
Chapter 1.12
Chapter 1.13
Pre-college interlude
Chapter 1.14
Chapter 1.15
First heir poll results
Chapter 1.16
The Sap Chap(ter), an interlude
Chapter 1.17
Chapter 1.18
Chapter 1.19
Chapter 1.20
Chapter 1.21

Generation 1/birth of gen 2:
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 2.2
Chapter 2.3
Chapter 2.4
Chapter 2.5
Chapter 2.6
Chapter 2.7
Chapter 2.8
Chapter 2.9
Chapter 2.10

Generation 2/birth of gen 3:
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 3.2
Chapter 3.3
Chapter 3.4

This is my first legacy/challenge so any interaction or feedback would be great :D
Last edited by Vooogerbits on February 19th, 2023, 4:17 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 30/09/20

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:Really loving the challenge so far. I have yet to do an official legacy, so it's exciting reading about others' attempts at it. I applaud you for deciding to do the advanced version with handicaps, because I don't think I could manage keeping track of so many restrictions (probably why I never have and will do the apocalypse challenge). I like how the house is coming together so far, too, and can I ask how you managed to get a gold talent badge in gardening so fast? I was struggling so much with that in my Disney Princess Challenge. :(

Also, I wanted to share some helpful links with you regarding the first-born syndrome and how to get the toddlers to not wake up the whole household. For the toddler problem you could download this cool mod that lets them come out of the cribs by themselves. It's called CribGetOutAll (latest version was updated for Apartment Life). The pet beds method you used works too, but I thought I'd share the mod regardless in case you want to make it easier on yourself to use the cribs for your toddlers. As for the first-born syndrome, there's a very informative video on YouTube about this problem and why it occurs. There's no official patch or permanent fix for this, unfortunately, but there are some temporary solutions such as going into CAS and 'rolling the pacifier' a few times or simply using the FFS Lot Debugger (i.e The Batbox). ^^
Thank you, I really appreciate that! Yes it is a bit hard remembering the restrictions, but I think I'm doing okay so far- I'd like to attempt the apocalypse challenge, but you're right, I don't know how I'd keep tabs on all the restrictions! I thought it would be easier to start with a legacy :P I am *not* good at building stylish houses so at least I have the restrictions as an excuse if it turns out terribly! About the gardening badge: I don't know really, I just get them to garden a lot. The badges always seem to come thick and fast. I do have longer lifespans in my game though, so it might look quicker because of that :) Your Disney Princess Challenge sounds cool, I'll check that out!

Thank you so much for your suggestions, that's really useful. I've downloaded the CribGetOutAll and love it. I chose to buy pet mats so the dogs and children could use it, looking back I probably should have gone for a cot haha. And weirdly I just did some reading about first born syndrome yesterday because it happened to another family in my game- argh! Thankfully I already had the Batbox but didn't know it could ''fix'' this, so now I know. It's a bit of a shame I didn't know that when the legacy kids were born, but oh well- next gen will be more varied hopefully :) Thank you for your recommendations :D
Happy Pride!!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

I'm cracking up at this family's antics. Very hilarious!
Spoiler:
Sevim did NOT have the best of childhoods. I was surprised the SW didn't take him right when he failed.

Maybe the other burglars will think twice before robbing the l'Amour family(but let's just hope that Cyd doesn't inadvertently scare someone to death).

A note on the toddlers wanting to buy trees: that MIGHT be a sign of a VBT. But if you haven't got anything else weird going on in the neighborhood then I wouldn't fret too much about it.
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by KatLovesPotatoes »

Calamity Jade wrote:I'm cracking up at this family's antics. Very hilarious!
Spoiler:
Sevim did NOT have the best of childhoods. I was surprised the SW didn't take him right when he failed.

Maybe the other burglars will think twice before robbing the l'Amour family(but let's just hope that Cyd doesn't inadvertently scare someone to death).

A note on the toddlers wanting to buy trees: that MIGHT be a sign of a VBT. But if you haven't got anything else weird going on in the neighborhood then I wouldn't fret too much about it.
I fell like Cyd is probably going to scare on of the family members to death. Is it just me? I don’t know why I think he’s going to, but I do.
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:Honestly, you're doing a very good job. I'd probably unknowingly break the rules on the first day lol. I actually like the red color scheme you've got going on in the house. I especially like the wallpaper you used, since that's something I've always wanted to use but didn't know how to make it work in my builds so thank you for the inspiration. ^^

Ah, I see. Yeah, the longer lifespans could be it then. It could also just be the fact that I didn't start gardening in my challenge until later, whereas you pretty much started on Day 1. :tongue:

You're very welcome! Anything to help a fellow Simmer out! I was actually unaware of the first-born syndrome until recently (I think I discovered it this year while binge-watching Sims videos on YouTube lol). Also, I wasn't interested in genetics before so I probably wouldn't have noticed anything if I did experience the syndrome back then. :haha:

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy reading my challenge whenever you get the chance to do so, and I look forward to seeing your comment and hearing your opinions on how it's going so far. I also can't wait for the next installment of your legacy! :)
Well, thanks! Although maybe I have without knowing (oh well ;D) Honestly I put so little effort into building and decorating at the best of times, not much thought goes into it. But I'll stick with the red I think :)

Yeah, they are a lot longer as well. I think my adult lifespan is 76 days! But I did start gardening straight away too, as you say, and with several plots of land.

What a kind community :blush: I think I was vaguely aware of it and then heard the term when I started reading other stories.

I very much enjoyed binging your legacy yesterday! Aurora is going to be a drama queen princess and I am here for it!
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Spoiler:

Thank you! Your comment is much appreciated :)
Spoiler:
god, I know haha. It was a close one! Poor little Sev. Haha, that's the plan! And yeah, I have heard that about the tree-want. There's been a *few* weird things but I think I'm quite well-read on playing responsibly now so hopefully I'll avoid massive issues. Thank you for the warning :)
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

KatLovesPotatoes wrote:
Spoiler:

I fell like Cyd is probably going to scare on of the family members to death. Is it just me? I don’t know why I think he’s going to, but I do.
That does happen to me quite a lot lol- though I suppose for the ghost type points I'll *let* him scare one person to death ;) Maybe the other burglar?! That would be great.
Happy Pride!!
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Vooogerbits wrote:
KatLovesPotatoes wrote:
Spoiler:

That does happen to me quite a lot lol- though I suppose for the ghost type points I'll *let* him scare one person to death ;) Maybe the other burglar?! That would be great.
Ha! It would be great if his victim was the other burglar!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
I loved reading this, it has the classic legacy feel to it. And the family is just hilarious. I haven't tried the Middle of Nowhere challenge before, it certainly makes the game more interesting. Along with the higher bills. if you invest in some solar panels, they normally help cut down the bills. I don't know how well it would with the higher bills mod
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

KatLovesPotatoes wrote:
Ha! It would be great if his victim was the other burglar!
I'll do my best haha, I would love that too!
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Pony wrote:
Spoiler:
I loved reading this, it has the classic legacy feel to it. And the family is just hilarious. I haven't tried the Middle of Nowhere challenge before, it certainly makes the game more interesting. Along with the higher bills. if you invest in some solar panels, they normally help cut down the bills. I don't know how well it would with the higher bills mod
Spoiler:
Thank you very much, that's lovely to hear! Yes, I've always liked the idea of a more self-sufficient family, so I had to choose the Middle of Nowhere challenge. omg solar panels are an excellent idea, cheers! I'll definitely make some of them the purchase of the day :D
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:At the end of the day, in my opinion, as long as you're having fun with it then it doesn't matter. Wow, 76 days? Maybe I should invest in downloading that mod for future challenges. Oh yeah, I have seen other Simmers mention the term here and there now that I think about it. Aww, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And yessss I'm both excited and hesitant to play Aurora's generation, because of her personality lol. :haha:
I agree! I think I've made it harder in other ways to compensate for the cheating lol. Yeah, I wanted the age spans to make sense and that's what I ended up with (where a year is two sim days). It is crazy long but I've quite quickly got used to it. It makes me more attached to my sims :heart: hehe, looking forward to the potential mayhem :)
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Update- here's the next chapter. Expect wishing, smoothies, a near miss, teen romance, completed toddler skills (what?!) and a natural scientist joke.

Chapter 1.10

Do let me know what you think, and thank you for reading so far, you're great :)
Last edited by Vooogerbits on May 21st, 2022, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Pride!!
Marnie

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 07/09/20

Post by Marnie »

This has been such a fun legacy so far! :> The way everyone babies Savma is super cute.

How do you pick such unique names?
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:What an eventful update! Soymek nearly dying gave me a heart attack, though! I actually didn't know kids could die in TS2. I thought they just got taken away by the SW.

Looking forward to the next installment. ^^
I know D: I think that's due to a mod (not that I could tell you which one...) makes it more interesting!

Thank you!
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Marnie wrote:This has been such a fun legacy so far! :> The way everyone babies Savma is super cute.

How do you pick such unique names?
Thank you very much! Awh, there's a soft spot in my heart for that girl. I thought I would see if anyone happened to spot the pattern of the names by the end of the generation (though I suppose (hopefully) no more babies will be born now!) I've grown to like most of their names... maybe Soymek is a bit weird.
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 07/10/20

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:It does make it more interesting and difficult to play, yeah. Do you lose points if one of the children die prematurely? I can't remember the legacy rules off the top of my head.

I agree with @Marnie, your naming theme is very interesting. Any hints on the idea behind it? :P
Yeah, I was quite late generally to discovering mods and it really freshened up the game for me. Modders are fantastic, clever people! There's a minus point if they are taken away by the social worker but death is not mentioned!
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 07/10/20

Post by Vooogerbits »

nooboostar wrote:Got it, thanks for the answer. Yeah, modders are so creative! I knew about mods because of my sister since she has so many of them in her game, but didn't start implementing them into mine until fairly recently. :P
I didn't mean to leave it this long before replying- yes, modders are amazing! I also meant to answer your naming question; maybe I couldn't think of a good hint lol. I suppose I'd say the names are all 'related' in certain senses of the word!
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 28/10/20

Post by Vooogerbits »

Update- chapter 1.11! Expect some scandalous behaviour, the blossoming of a brotherly rivalry, a birthday and a let-down for our founder.

Chapter 1.11

Thanks for reading! :D
Last edited by Vooogerbits on May 21st, 2022, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Pride!!
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 28/10/20

Yay, new update!
Spoiler:
PHILLIP. SHAME ON YOU. YOU HAVE FIVE KIDS AND A WIFE. HOW DARE YOU. YOU’RE AS BAD AS HANS WAS! >_> But Hans never married... so... I guess you’re better than him? BUT STILL. THAT WAS YOUR EX-GIRLFRIEND’S TEEN DAUGHTER! HOW DARE YOU, PHILLIP! :nono: Also, not cool, ACR. Thanks for that...

I think Sevim’s trying to protect his mom from knowing what happened last night... which I don’t approve of. Phillip’s wife should know!

That’s nice, random cousin... and she’s also pretty.

... Suyuu’s bottom teeth coming out of her chin... that’s... terrifying

Phillip looks so happy for having to resign. :haha:

I like her rainbow skin and eyes.

Hmm... interesting choice, Zekna.

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”