Yo-ho, Yo-ho, an OWBC for Me [Chapter 1.2 Update!]

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Yo-ho, Yo-ho, an OWBC for Me [Chapter 1.2 Update!]

Post by Faye Silver »

Welcome to the Yo-ho, Yo-ho, an OWBC for Me OWBC! It's been probably... 5 or 6 years since I last attempted to do a sims challenge of any kind and I've recently fallen back in love with Sims 2, so what better way to get back into the community than to create a challenge for Summer Fete!

My picture skills are really, really rusty OTL, I'm noticing it with the first chapter of the OWBC. I promise the chapters after this one are going to be better as far as that goes.

Founding Generation: Grace Pirate & Travis Gibson Pirate
College Years: Founders edition
Chapter 1.1: The Birthening
Chapter 1.2: Trips, Shops, and Collegebound

Gen 1:Orm Pirate & Shea Johnston Pirate
Gen 1 Heir Poll [Locked]
Miscellaneous
Pirate Family Tree
The Family Tree is now available for anyone who wants a peek at everyone in the family, and it'll be updated pretty frequently. There might also be spoilers for future updates. Once someone hits adulthood, they'll have a picture posted of them. Eventually, I'll also add download links for each member of the family if anyone is interested in snagging them. If you do, I'd love to see what they get up to!
Last edited by Faye Silver on June 19th, 2020, 9:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Yo-ho, Yo-ho, an OWBC for Me [double update!]

Post by Calamity Jade »

Spoiler:
Hey, solid start so far! Don't blame you for keeping the first chapter short since university with just one sim is(usually) painfully boring.
Love the pirate theme, reminds me of the Piratical Legacy from back in the day so I consider it kind of an homage. Looking forward to future updates!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
not a bad start, college can be a bit slow and boring. A Boolprop challenge can be put in the Boolprop stories topic. If you need it move just ask one of the mods. Only if you want to.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Love the pirate theme for your legacy!

I’ve had the same problem forgetting to take pictures.

Can’t wait to see more!
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

Calamity Jade wrote:
Spoiler:
Hey, solid start so far! Don't blame you for keeping the first chapter short since university with just one sim is(usually) painfully boring.
Love the pirate theme, reminds me of the Piratical Legacy from back in the day so I consider it kind of an homage. Looking forward to future updates!
Jane, I don't actually mind college all that much and there will be more pictures taken during the first generation's college years, it was just in her case I wasn't all that fussed about it. I just wanted some documentation of how she met her spouse, and things like her maxing her hobby, or any skills she maxed. And I did enjoy The Piratical Legacy as well, but this was more just that I enjoy the lore of pirates in general, so it's more a coincidence, to be honest.
peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
not a bad start, college can be a bit slow and boring. A Boolprop challenge can be put in the Boolprop stories topic. If you need it move just ask one of the mods. Only if you want to.
Peachy, I've always enjoyed the college years for sims because it really gives you a good view of their personalities and what they're going to be like when you play them as an adult, it was just a way for me to show who she chose, what major things happened (if any) and cute little notes. To be frank, I wasn't aware that there was a Boolprop stories topic until you mentioned it, so good to know, thank you for telling me!
108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Love the pirate theme for your legacy!

I’ve had the same problem forgetting to take pictures.

Can’t wait to see more!
108, Thank you! I've always had a slight fascination with pirates so it worked well for me. It wasn't that I had forgotten to take pictures in some of the cases, I just...yeah okay, it's a forgotten picture, or I thought I pressed C and it didn't actually hit C and maybe hit X instead. :shrug: Anyway, the next post should be up relatively soon. I'm gonna start taking pictures for it tomorrow and maybe we'll start to see more personality emerge from the three mean little things this next chapter.
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Ok, I found your updates so I can go vote in the poll in a moment. Before that, though I'm going to read through this really quick.
Spoiler:
Love your founder already. Yay for college years. :) So much accomplished in college already, great job! Wow, a decent grow up outfit, they happen so rarely.

Wow yeah, see, grow up clothes not usually great. lol I love the "zombies need not apply." :) I love the green pirate outfit, it's super cute on her! Welcome Bonny, and I love the puns already. :D So my is she cute! The kids are al super cute, and love the family picture at the end. Great job! Now I shall go vote :D

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Yo-ho, Yo-ho, an OWBC for Me [Chapter 1.2 Update!]

Post by Faye Silver »

ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Spoiler:
Yes, the heiress is a witch! That's my favorite lifespan in the game as well(when I've modded out the annoying parts of them, that is hehe) Can't wait to see who her spouse is.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
The children have grown up great, I like witches.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Go Grace for getting those kids into private school! It's usually a rush against the timer.

Yeah the dances and gestures get pretty old after a while.

I love that Grace got to visit the pirate ship.

That's what happens when you mess with the fountains, you get sunburnt!

I love all the kids. They're cute!

Awe I like Bonnie with the witch. Sad they don't get to keep their chemistry.

Can't wait to see what Orm gets up to!
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Spoiler:
Another fun update! The kids are all very fun and congrats on the witches. I've only ever played one witch, but I enjoyed her a lot. Love Bonnie and the witch, too bad they didn't keep their chemistry, but hopefully, they will still like each other. :) Excited to see what happens with Omn especially since she's now a witch!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by bookloverblue »

Really like this so far! The pirate theme is great.
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

Jade
Spoiler:
I'm glad I'm not alone in my love for that life-state! It's been a blast playing them, and you'll get to see her husband soon! The next chapter should be out tomorrow at some point!
Peachy
Spoiler:
I'm pretty happy with the mixture of features that the kids inherited from their parents and it's going to be really interesting to see how the genetics they got from their parents' mix with their respective partners!
Spoiler:
It's been pleasantly easy to knock the headmaster visits out with the OWBC, I do still have that race in Legacies usually. It's going to be really interesting once I get the other two gestures with Orm and her heir/ess. It does make me happy to have Grace visit the pirate ship and to have one on the Boolprop Clubhouse lot. That's not the only repercussion that Bonny got from it :wink:. Orm'll be back home soon!
Cindy
Spoiler:
I've had my boring moments with the first generation, but that's what happens during college and trying to rush :pan:. This next generation I'm going to take a bit slower, hopefully have more plot inserted into it some how. It does help that all of the kids will be pretty close in age for Gen 2, with the youngest members having been born recently. Orm's hard at work maxing her skill, so is Grace. I'll hopefully have Grace demonstrate her magical skill next chapter.
Blue
Spoiler:
I'm glad you're enjoying it! I've got a lot of love for pirates so it was only natural for me to choose this for a theme!
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Nice, pirates. Would have been nice to keep my OWBC in Isla Paradiso for that, but ya know, glitches and stuff forced me out. Anyway, too bad you can't have a Jack Sparrow in this that would be awesome. Will be looking forward to Orm's reign as heiress.

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Graveyard”