The Dawsons: A Random Legacy - Completed

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dawsons: A Random Legacy

Post by maryselorraine »

New chapter now up!

peachy
Spoiler:
It definitely was! I later also discovered that I could have an adult cook a main meal and leave it on the counter and toddlers can also help themselves to that. Makes raising toddlers a bit easier than having to always put them in the highchair to feed them.
Hi! I'm Maryse :)

ImageImage
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Another update now up, next chapter should be a wrap-up for the third generation!

ImageImage
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

And after quite a while - first update for 4th generation is up!

ImageImage
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
Just caught up, i didn't realised i had missed some. Sorry you lost your photos, that it is so annoying. Maybe you should do a Matriarchy now as all the heir have been girls. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Another small chapter is up!

peachy
Spoiler:
It was super annoying and ended up putting me off the challenge entirely for quite a while :/ Not sure I've fully got my vibe yet but at least I'm back to somewhat playing. To be honest, a matriarchy did cross my mind but then realised I wouldn't be able to fulfill the random children rolls if say I got only one and it ended up being a boy. So sticking to having a plain random legacy for now - and hoping that I do end up completing it! Thank you for reading and commenting!

ImageImage
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Chapter 4.2 is now up!

ImageImage
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Chapter 4.3 :)

ImageImage
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
The children are so cute, even when turning into teenagers, i love all the different skin colour, makes them so more interesting. I have voted but i don't who wins, i am not going to check either (well try not) lol
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

All right, so I know I'm already SUPER far behind. lol But I am trying to catch up on/read through some of the stories that have been updated recently. :) Plus, you are a fellow Woohooian and I should probably get to your stories since I haven't yet....sorry!!!

Generation 1:
Spoiler:
Nora is very pretty! I really like her look! What fun rolls. I really do want to try this challenge at some point. Probably should finish up a couple though first. The house is super cute! Walls are so expensive! lol I love that top 10 list, what a great idea for Nora to write that. :) What a lovely book series title, I love it. Whoo, the fire was unexpected but glad everyone is ultimately ok. That would be quite scary.

Oh no, Nora was ghosted?? Poor girl. I always feel bad when stuff like that happens to sims, even if it is a random roll. :) Poor Nora is so worried, but I'm sure it's all going to work out for her. Awww, welcome Lyla!!! She's a cutie, even though all babies look the same. Awww, puppy does look sad. Too bad he's never come back. Love the names and ideas for your books. Super fun. Lyla as a toddler is so precious! I love her already. Oh, puppy did come back! YAY!!!! I thought Shadow might be unwell, glad they had the money to be able to help him. Now they should all be happy and healthy for a while, you hope anyway. Wow, quite the turn with him coming back. Good for Nora putting her food down. :)

Welcome Paola. It's cute all the names end in A. :) That seems like a good way to do it, where you roll for 2 of the traits, and then the last trait gets assigned. I think that's really smart for this type of challenge. It's tough being a small family with limited funds for beds! Awww, Paola is such a cutie, and it sounds like she is going to be a handful to Nora in her own way too. Awww, Shadow is getting old!!! Not fair how they do that. :) A sweet Winterfest. You don't need a lot of money to make it special. :) NNOOOO, not Shadow!!! :( It's always so sad when pets die, both in RL and in the Sims. Goofball seems to make sense to me. She might have wanted to know about the world, but no she wants to EXPRESS the world through cretivity. :) I love it! Awww, Lyla as a teen is lovely.

It's nice that you have Lyla making friends. I am so bad at doing that. lol Oohhh, another mystery book. It's like storybook killer or something. :) Love it! Awww, I'm happy that Nora has moved passed and realized it was for the best that Tetsu left. Even though it has been hard, she's done well for her daughters! Wow, Paola is REALLY pretty. Hate's children though huh? That's an interesting roll given how her life has been, but oh well, oh and she is heiress. Hopefully she doesn't roll to have too many kids. lol I love that Lyla proposed in her workout wear. :) Seems perfect for her. I have not really used the TS4 progression expect for early on so I think that is probably true. Now I just have MCCC instead since I wnated to be able to name the spare's kids in my alphabetcy/isbi.

The house is looking great, and I'm with you on the lighting. Light coming in windows, especially the big ones look so nice! YAY congrats to Nora on finishing her aspiration! Also yay for Lyla having a little baby on the way! :) Good for Nora going over and meeting her grandson! He is a cutie for sure! Excited to see how Paola takes to be heiress. Seems like she has maybe met her future spouse in Charles there! Well I'll try and come back and read more soon!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Final chapter for the 4th generation is up & also the first chapter for the 5th! Quick updates are quick because I was inspired to write!

peachy
Spoiler:
Yep, although I still can't understand where they got the blue skin from! You don't have to wait too long to find out who won as I've posed a new update!
ciyrose
Spoiler:
Wow! What a nice comment! You are right, as a fellow Woohooian it has been a super crazy and busy year so I completely understand you! I've been meaning to do the same for a while! Today I finally have some time off so I'm hoping I will have some time to check out one of your challenges from my end as well :) I'm glad that you loved the titles of the books that Nora got to write, I love making up tiny little details to make my sim's lives more interesting. So I'm really happy that you noticed those little details ^^ Thank you for reading and for posting such lovely remarks, hope you enjoy reading generation 2. Things might not be going the way they seem... :)

ImageImage
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
sometimes we can't achieve all the goals we have been given but you managed all the rest.I think i voted for Emilia Dawson (can't remember now lol. Bye doggie, bye Angela and bye Elisabeth they will also be missed. Halfway through already.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

So it's time to avoid a little work for a bit, and that means reading! :D Time to catch up on Gen 2. Really do enjoy all those little details you put in, you are right it adds a lot more, and I'm not very good at it, but I should try a little more to include them in my blog. :D

Gen 2:
Spoiler:
Oh boy, another single parent. Your rolls really like you to have single parents, but only 1 kid, so that's good for Paola, who hates children! Yay! And she's obsessed with holidays. I love it! Also the collection thing is going to be crazy. Good luck! I fear I would forget that all the time! What a fun holiday! I love making up my own holidays. :D Awww, bye bye for real Nora. It was nice she got a few more days though and was able to see her grandson one more time. I have a day like that! I think my Latte's have "Family Remembrance" day or something like that. I like that day, it's nice, and how nice of Nora to visit on the same day! It's so fun that you can create your own. :) Harry is a good mix of his parents. Very nice.

Oh dear, poor Charles has no idea that he's in a random legacy and Paola CAN'T marry him, even if she wanted to. :) Freeze N Thaw day! I love it!! How fun is that? lol I love the activities too. You are making me think of creating some new holidays. lol Wow, 3 aliens all together? That always seems so rare to me! lol Are we going to get an alien baby instead? :popcorn: :coffee: Awww, Harold is becoming quite the looker, good for him. :) Well at least Charles took the news of the baby well, poor guy, I hope he finds his happy someone. Aya!!! How cute, and welcome to the challenge!!! Lyla couldn't deny it now, so cute! Whew, the talk with Aldo went so well, although not terribly surprising to me. They both seemed very straight and sure of who they each were with each other. :) Way to go on all those collections so far. I would think that is the hardest part about that goal.

OMG, Aya all grown up!!!! She's so cute!!! I love that hair on her too. And Charmer to boot?! You've got a good toddler there, and charmer might help keep her mother from being too irritated with her being around. :D Watching toddlers play in the sand is just one of the cutest things ever. I love it! Charmer toddlers seem to hug everyone, it's so cute! The collections look great so far! Congrats on finishing the geodes one. I do agree about those shelves though, they also drive me nuts. Many of the shelves drive me nuts actually, because there are plenty of things that SHOULD be able to go on them that don't. I totally get why people cheat them onto shelves sometimes. Awww, Aya's facial expressions are precious! I love her! She's really quite pretty as a child! I think she has more of her mother in there than Paola initially thought!

Wow good job getting 2 skills up to 10 already. I always struggle a little with some of those, although I've done it before. I really do miss the "invite household" option from TS2. Not sure if it was in TS3, but I miss it because you at least had the chance they would all show up and then you could get to know them. I ended up taking my EPIC family to their son and daughter-in-law's house for New Years' one year and they had a grand ol' time and got to know everyone so they could invite them over now. Wow, all 4 mastered! Congrats, that's pretty amazing!!! Another great holiday! I really need to go look more at all the options there are! I LOVE the make-up you gave to Aya!! So pretty on her, and very alien without feeling crazy. Awww, and Paola is an elder now. Crazy that it's gone this fast already! That is quite the house plan you found! I like the shell of the house so far though it looks nice!

Awww, sad news to start the updated. Congrats on all those collections though. Oh man, Caleb with Aya.....could be an interesting pairing. Although I would worry about any kids since they would border on hybirds which can be messy in the game for some reason. Oh man, poor Paola is really struggling with this. I'm sure that everyone will watch out for Ayay regardless, although I have a feeling I know where this is going. Yep, I figured she would go to the immortal vampire to help her. :) Is that the best idea with the feelings he has formed??? I guess time will tell. Oh twist!!! I never thought about curing Caleb.....I have never seen that sad painting. By Paola, you did well! It is a bittersweet end to the generation, but I'm excited to swee what your rolls are. Those will have to wait though!
Lovely updates, I have enjoyed your story immensely, and it's making me want to start a random legacy of my own. I'm resisting for now, but it's high on my list. :D

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Chapter 5.1 is now up! Hope you enjoy!

peachy
Spoiler:
Yep you're right regarding the goals, at least I did manage the rest. It was a lot of goodbyes in those chapters! Every vote counts, your vote helped put Emilia in the lead :) I'm having a lot of fun playing her so I'm super happy that she won.
ciyrose
Spoiler:
Glad you got round to reading Gen 2! Yep, I got two straight rolls for single parents, however that's going to change with gen 3 ;) I really enjoyed creating the new holidays, it's nice that you had a similar one in one of your challenges :) I was actually quite bummed that I couldn't marry Charles in, I admit that I really liked him as a sim so was disappointed that I wouldn't even get to continue the line with his kids. But I thought what better way to try and have a baby alien than when one of the generation's goals was Space Explorer? In the end, I'm glad that I went for that since Aya turned out very cute!

I totally agree with you! I used to use the 'invite household' option in sims 2 all the time (still do) and I love it! I think it's quite disappointing that we can't do the same in sims 4 :( Unless you make the extra effort to visit the family in their home, the kids would never end up meeting the rest of their family! Paola had Aya quite late in her YA years, I think she aged up to adult as soon as she had her (If I remember correctly), so Aya didn't get to spend as many years with her mother. At least she does have Caleb watching out for her...

ImageImage
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
I had feeling that Sean would pass before/just near his birth. Looks like oops baby is on it's way
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Chapter 5.2 is now up - I'm loving playing this generation!

peachy
Spoiler:
Yep, I actually moved him in to see that he was about to expire before I had them Try For Baby. I had to make sure that he would be dead before the kid was born as otherwise I would be breaking the generation's goal of 'Single'. Anyways, Sean wasn't dying...so to keep the goal intact...right after Hunter was born, I actually had him woohoo with Emilia till he died from overexertion. Obviously didn't include this in the story as it doesn't make any sense whatsoever xD

Hope you enjoy the new update and merry christmas!

ImageImage
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
I do like seeing the different genetics in the sims 4, twins oh what a surprise, and Merry Christmas too.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Brilliance

Post Counts

Post by Brilliance »

I love reading your story. :goodvibes:

I have read everything you've written for this family. :#1:
Stay in good health and be brilliant always. - Brilliance (Bri)
Night's Babies
My Olympic Notes
Bri's 2021 Writing Prompt Challenge
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Chapter 5.3 now up!

peachy
Spoiler:
Yep, I had a bit of a shock with the twins since Emilia doesn't even have the Fertility reward! But I'm glad Emilia got the girls, I love them both!
Brilliance
Spoiler:
Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I hope you enjoy the new chapter! You can head on over to the Sims 4 polls section here on Boolprop to vote for the next heir/ess :)

ImageImage
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
I have voted, congrats Emelia on getting to the top of her career. A prank present love it.
Happy New year to you too.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Brilliance

Post Counts

Post by Brilliance »

I voted as soon as I saw the poll. This chapter was just as great as the others.
Spoiler:
Congratulations on completing the Perfect Career. It was funny that she hand buzzed her boss before she was promoted to her place. :awesome:
You have a beautiful house.
Stay in good health and be brilliant always. - Brilliance (Bri)
Night's Babies
My Olympic Notes
Bri's 2021 Writing Prompt Challenge

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”