SimNaNo 2019: Coffeehouse [Completed Banners!]

Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: SimNaNo 2019: Coffeehouse

Post by Nevermore »

I can't believe I got my first update up at last. The way things were going IRL, I thought I would have to drop out of SimNaNo.

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

wyldhawke
Origin ID: IllusoryThrall
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by wyldhawke »

Oh my gosh. My computer died on me. Luckily I’ve been able to save my screenies and I’ll be able to post what I’ve got via my hubbys computer. But that will only hold me for so long. And I don’t know how long it’ll take to fix it. :( so my computer picked the worst time ever to take a snooze.
Origin ID: Wyldhawke / Sims 4 forum ID: illusorythrall
Challenges by me: Apartment Switch|Master Simmer|Timeline Adventure|Misery2Mansions
Alternate Rules by me: Hard Mode Decades|Extended Not So Berry|Mermaid Legacy
Check me out on Twitch: https://twitch.tv/illusorythrall

ImageImageImage
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Oh no. Hopefully you can get it fixed quickly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
wyldhawke
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by wyldhawke »

Teresa wrote:Oh no. Hopefully you can get it fixed quickly.
I'm hoping the same thing, trust me. At least I have a few updates queued up, so hopefully I'll be able to keep up with my goals!
Challenges by me: Apartment Switch|Master Simmer|Timeline Adventure|Misery2Mansions

ImageImageImage
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear your computer went belly up!

I've been really sick lately so I haven't had much time to be up and about. I'm kinda depressed thinking I won't make my goals, but I'll still try! I'm reducing my goals to help.

In the mean time, I finally got the banners updated for those who have been posting updates prior to last night at 8pm!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Ouch, computer troubles and sickness seem to crop up when you least need them. :ouch I hope you have a speedy recovery Livvie, and best of luck to wyldhawke with your computer too!

I spent last night prepping for my secondary goal, making the actors I need for the Bookacy interlude. I'm traveling some this week so I figured I can work on writing Lakewood on the road, but shooting pictures not so much, so now is a good time for that. I think I now have close to all sims needed and can probably reuse some. I guess I should just start shooting and see if I need any more later.
simnights
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by simnights »

Oh no, Livvie! Wyldawke! You poor creatures :( I hope you have a better day today/tomorrow. :)

I'm putting off going in game to take pictures for my next update.

This is helped by my complete scrapping of a critical piece of the last plot (i won't call it the original plot because now we're on the 5th iteration or so) so I've been busy busy busy rewriting three 8,000 word chapters. My chapters are typically 4,000 or so words max. @.@ I've been typing away. The inspiration is real.

...as is the eventual angst. :diablo:

(Also @Livvie, there's no apostrophe in the Peters Legacy. It's misspelled on the card. No worries about it lol just thought I'd mention it for whenever you update them :P )
[align=center]My name is Lauren, I play TS2 & TS3
The Peters Legacy | Wacky Watson's Double Wide - A TPC | Greenmere Peaks BACC
ImageImage[/align]
wyldhawke
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by wyldhawke »

Yeah - being without a computer is horrible. Especially when my other form of entertainment - the playstation or switch on the TV has been monopolized by my son and his friends for the last day and a half. They left to run errands and I'm about to steal it, though. And I don't think I'll be giving it back for a while. The boredom is real. On a positive note, I was able to get in a backup drive before my computer went into the shop, so I'm 100% sure all my saves and pictures are backed up and safe no matter what happens to the computer. I do manage to get moments of computer time when hubby vacates his desk for a while and lets me check my forums and write the day's post, though, so I'm glad for that.

Livvie, I hope you feel better soon!! Being sick is the pits, especially when there's a million things you'd like be doing. I almost said "rather be doing" but then it occurred to me that we'd all rather do anything else BUT being sick. LOL. So I changed it.

8000 word chapters, simnights?? Yikes. I'm lucky these last couple days to get close to my 1000 goal. With all the distractions going on, I just haven't been able to concentrate on the plot lines. Plus, being so far behind on posting compared to where I'm at playing is proving to be tough. My brain is on the next generation already, so writing for the first one is hard.

ImageImageImage
simnights
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by simnights »

wyldhawke wrote:My brain is on the next generation already, so writing for the first one is hard.
Me at the end of last generation. I feel it so, so hard

My chapters are typically about 4,000 words each :lol: I just kept writing and was basing the length off the size of the scrollbar, but I was comparing it to a chapter with pictures in the text already. :lol:

Right now I'm annoyed at myself because i decided to add a relationship that won't start until after all the "fun stuff" has happened. So.... ages. The hard part is I'm already on OTP alert :spin: And they have yet to meet.
[align=center]My name is Lauren, I play TS2 & TS3
The Peters Legacy | Wacky Watson's Double Wide - A TPC | Greenmere Peaks BACC
ImageImage[/align]
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Man I'd forgotten how slow shooting was! :heavybreathing: With all the "no that pose just looks ridiculous" and "damn this omsp is too low and he's sinking through the bed" and "stop, what are you doing" going on, it takes a long time. Doubly so because it's been a while and don't remember everything. Also, I did a stupid and made an important location a community lot, I did not remember what a pain shooting at community lots is... I may have to look into turning it into a residential lot before it drives me nuts.

Oh well, but bit by bit we're moving along. :snail:
wyldhawke
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by wyldhawke »

Got some good news about my computer. The technician figured out what was wrong quickly, and how to fix it.. so I should be getting it back way sooner than I'd even hoped for. Apparently my Windows user account got corrupted or something.. and it wasn't some nasty bug like I was worried about.

In other news, The light is at the end of the tunnel finally for this generation of mermaids. After sorting through 200+ screenshots, I've narrowed it down to an 18 chapter generation - which is crazy long for me.. but I still can't wait to get to posting the next one. Today will be chapter 14, so four more days left after that. :swoon: I feel like the little engine that could.. "I think I can I think I can.." ...LOL :spin: On a positive note, though, today's update is a good one.. and I have the other four already set up picture wise, I just have to write the text.

ImageImageImage
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

*smooshes face to tabletop* I've been trying really hard with my busy schedule to make a dent in my first update, even going so far to make a document/photo system to write while offline at work. Now, when I was ready to transfer what was essentially forty images worth of commentary and writing over, I find out my file got corrupted and all my work is lost. I had three pregnancies worth written in there and now I'm back to where I started where my founder is barely pregnant with their first!
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
wyldhawke
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by wyldhawke »

Jesslb429 wrote:*smooshes face to tabletop* I've been trying really hard with my busy schedule to make a dent in my first update, even going so far to make a document/photo system to write while offline at work. Now, when I was ready to transfer what was essentially forty images worth of commentary and writing over, I find out my file got corrupted and all my work is lost. I had three pregnancies worth written in there and now I'm back to where I started where my founder is barely pregnant with their first!
Oh, no!! That's horrible! That's worse than my computer crashing.. at least I didn't lose any data. (And I just found out the technician has it all fixed and ready to be picked up!) Losing stuff you worked really hard for is a nasty blow. I totally feel for you! *hugs* I hope you're able to re-do it easily.. or at least easier than it was the first time!

ImageImageImage
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

@Simnights, your banner should be fixed! I have an overexcited apostrophe finger, I do that way too often on things that don't need apostrophes. :roll:

Ack my heart goes out to you @Jess! You know I've noticed Katri is doing an "as she goes" update maybe it would help if you did that? Even if you don't POST anything you could drop in and say HEY I've got x pictures so far and y words, will let you know when I post!

Also Katri, speaking of, I know that feeling WAY too well, all the posing and stuff gets mucho in the way sometimes! Lol I have such a perfectionist streak too that it doesn't help! :lol:

Also Wyldhawke I'm so glad to hear your computer is on the mend! Happy days!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

@Jesslb429: Oh no, losing work like that just sucks! :ouch Hopefully the writing goes smoothly the second time around, at least.

@wyldhawke: Good to hear about the computer situation being better. Hopefully it all goes well from here!

@Livvielove: Heh, yeah, I'm sure that's a familiar feeling to anyone shooting plotty scenes, and perfectionism does not help there. :lol:

Oh yeah, if anyone else is doing big updates, I can recommend posting word and picture counts in the update thread even if you're not ready to post yet. :) (I've posted 100+ picture updates for more than a decade and may be too much of an old dog to learn to make shorter updates.) It's certainly gotten me off my butt to work on my updates, it almost feels like I should post the scores somewhere on the regular to lure myself into writing more! ;)
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Just a little note, the goals on my banner aren't the new lower numbers. It still shows my original goal. No rush on fixing it though. I know you're probably crazy busy with everything. :)
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Banners officially updated!

Yours should be fixed, Simsterly, and Nev's and a few others who needed theirs adjusted! If anyone wants anything tweaked/sees something incorrect, please let me know!
wyldhawke
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by wyldhawke »

Thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into this, Livvie! :heartbeat: You're the best!

ImageImageImage
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

You are awesome Livvie!!! So I just happened to notice, my banner is still old goal numbers. Not in any sort of hurry, but the next time you do banner updates. :D I'm not really posting mine anyway, so seriously, NO RUSH! But it would be nice to have my updated goal numbers. The text part is right and that's the most important part. :D

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Aw, you guys are awesome!

Oh, and Ciyrose I'll look into that today! I have it noted on my sticky! I'll let you know when I update it!

Return to “SimNaWriMo Archive”