DyNasty of Darkness Challenge!! (TS2/3/4)

Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: HALLOWEEN 2018 ... DyNasty of Darkness ... New Challenge

Post by Livvielove »

I'm not familiar with Mac, Michelle, but I'm sure someone is!

Anyways:

Challenge Updates/Clarifications/Tweaks - 10/17/18
  • Added a new Mini-Challenge for ALL games: Special Spouse... all of the spouses' traits coming into the household can now be counted for points as per the trait rule! This is how they were when they came in, not anything you've changed them to! (+25 points, + or - whatever points you get from each spouse's traits)
  • Added another Mini-Challenge for the Sims 4 specifically: Raised the Best Monster... have every heir collect each of the negative variants of the Parenthood Character Values: Bad Manners, Irresponsible, Argumentative, Insensitive, Uncontrolled Emotions. All heirs must have earned EVERY trait for this to count. (+50 points)
  • Added another point deduction for the Sims 4: Every Positive Character Value gained (TS4) (-5 points)
  • Made a note regarding graveyards for TS3 players: "Some computers can't handle a lot of graves on one lot for the Sims 3, so if that is the case, feel free to purchase another lot to start using as a graveyard; however, you must have at least SOME graves on your lot, as the point of the challenge is have the graves (and thus, the ghosts) on your lot."
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I started mine yesterday. Fun stuff.

I probably won't be posting up a thread until after the forum clean up. Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail this first attempt.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Sorry for the double post..

So for the Special Spouse, Sallow married Noreen a homeless sim. She came in with Slob (0), Couch Potato (+5), Handy (0), Clumsy (0), and Friendly (-5). So, she basically comes in with 0 points. Is this 25 points PER spouse for them to work with? or 25 points for all spouses combined?
DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

Post by DSLady »

Despite telling myself I wouldn't start another challenge until I'd finished another challenge, everyone talking about this challenge (and my desire to do something spooky and gothic) meant I caved embarrassingly quickly and now I've set up a blog and picked a house plan and plotted for baby names and urgh. I am a disgrace.

But anyway, here's my Night DyNasty! (~ You cannot run, and you cannot hide, yeah you gotta face it baby, things go bump in the night ~)

And here's the founder, Morrigan Night. Yes, I know I failed making her ugly. I'm a bisexual disaster, sue me XD
Spoiler:
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I have a quick question about the Black Sheep versus the baddest of the bad.

What do you do when a sim is completely neutral across the board?

Another question:
- For every spare that dies of old age (-20 points)

I just happened to see this. There is nothing in the rules that state that the spares must be killed. I hardly ever look at the points until the end of the challenge, so only having this stated there could have cost me 5 generations of points.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Looks like fun, this is definitely going on my list of potential side challenges for my BaCC. :) Thanks for writing and sharing this!

Some questions about the rules:
  1. About platinum aspiration (for TS2), the rules section says the following:
    Each generation heir must achieve his/her LTW/Aspirations before they can pass the torch to the next generation.
    But then in the TS2 mini challenges it says:
    6. Platinum Profiteer... have every monster heir achieve platinum aspiration status during their lifetime. (+75, +10 for any spares or spouses)
    In TS2, the platinum aspiration status (or permanent platinum) is achieved by doing the sim's LTW. So this would mean doing a sim's LTW is at the same time obligatory and an extra challenge that you get bonus points for? Well technically you can get permaplat without doing the LTW, if you do enough wants otherwise so the lifetime happiness accumulates over time, but still, if you go the LTW route, you're getting bonus points for something that's actually obligatory.
  2. As for TS4, the "Best, Baddest" traits seem to include Family Oriented, which seems like an odd choice for a "bad" trait. Is this on purpose?
  3. About the family trait (for TS3/4): the rules section says
    The only exception is the family trait, of which you must pick an age that the family member will receive said trait and give it consistently at that age. For example, all sims will receive Hot-Headed on their child birthday.
    So I'd interpret this so that every member of the family will have this trait. But in the score section it says:
    By the end of challenge: family trait NOT upheld by all members (-20 points)
    So if all family members get the family trait, doesn't that mean that there's actually no situation where you'd get these minus points?
  4. The family of thieves challenge is in the universal super challenges list, but it can't be done with TS2, as there are no traits and I don't think sims can steal stuff. Should it be moved or maybe there's something to replace this in TS2?
  5. About "prisoners": the Dark Dungeon Genetics super challenge mentions keeping a captive sim in the dungeon, and in addition the points section mentions points for keeping a prisoner. First, do these points stack? I mean, if you do the super challenge, do you get points for that AND the time based points for prisoners? And second, I take it that prisoners are actually moved in with the family? I suppose you could trap a visitor sim by walling them in, but it sounds risky to do that for an extended period of time, as it's not the idea to kill them. (They might die accidentally, and I'm wondering if they might also glitch your lot/'hood somehow.)
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

In the sims 3 trait section, family oriented is neutral, so I bet they move it to there.

LOL I though the point of the dungeon was to lock people in to kill them. I did have to add the sim to the family because the game rescues them when it thinks they are "stuck". With not being able to go over 8 sims in the house, killing them off is a lot better for me.

Family traits: In Sims 3, if someone ages up badly, you cannot pick their traits. So, if you never have the option to pick the family trait, you will lose points for that. So, that is one example of how to lose 20 points.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Jenn wrote: LOL I though the point of the dungeon was to lock people in to kill them. I did have to add the sim to the family because the game rescues them when it thinks they are "stuck". With not being able to go over 8 sims in the house, killing them off is a lot better for me.
Oh, right, I was thinking of TS2, where you can kill visitors - only the ghosts should be more aggressive than resident ghosts. I don't know TS3 or TS4 so well. But at least if the game rescues captured visitors, then I suppose you need to move them in.

I took it that it's not the idea to kill the prisoners since the super challenge states that if the captive sim dies from something other than old age, you get minus points. Hmm... If you keep other prisoners for the time based points, I suppose you could kill them one after another to earn graves, and say, move the next one in before you kill the previous one so as to maximize points for prisoner time?
Jenn wrote:Family traits: In Sims 3, if someone ages up badly, you cannot pick their traits. So, if you never have the option to pick the family trait, you will lose points for that. So, that is one example of how to lose 20 points.
Oh okay, I get it now. :) I didn't remember that about TS3. So you have to set a birthday for the trait to be assigned, but if your sim ages up badly and you get something else, then too bad for those points. Thanks for the clarification!
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

There are two different challenges.

Beware of the Family - all visitors must die.
Dark Dungeon Genetics - can only die by old age.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Jenn wrote:Sorry for the double post..

So for the Special Spouse, Sallow married Noreen a homeless sim. She came in with Slob (0), Couch Potato (+5), Handy (0), Clumsy (0), and Friendly (-5). So, she basically comes in with 0 points. Is this 25 points PER spouse for them to work with? or 25 points for all spouses combined?
You get +25 if you follow this mini-challenge to the end of your challenge, then you get to add (and subtract) the points you'd get from your spouses. So in your case, she came in with 0. If the next spouse comes in with +25 and the one after with +10, and the one after with -5... your total for spouses would be 0 (first spouse) + 25 (second spouse) + 10 (third spouse) - 5 (last spouse) + 25 (for doing the challenge).

Does that make more sense?
Jenn wrote:I have a quick question about the Black Sheep versus the baddest of the bad.

What do you do when a sim is completely neutral across the board?

Another question:
- For every spare that dies of old age (-20 points)

I just happened to see this. There is nothing in the rules that state that the spares must be killed. I hardly ever look at the points until the end of the challenge, so only having this stated there could have cost me 5 generations of points.

Neutral is entirely up to you what you want to do with. The only children shamed are the ones with nasty, "good" traits rather than the baddest bad. Neutral does not mean GOOD in this sense, just means no alignment... so play it by ear. If you wish to treat neutral kids AS blacksheep that's entirely optional... but you're absolutely not required to, as they bring NOTHING to your score in terms of traits.
There's no rule saying you NEED to kill spares, there's just a point loss if a spare dies of old age. It's not AGAINST the rules if you want a spare to die of old age, but we're trying to encourage creativity on dealing with a small household size.
katrisims wrote:Looks like fun, this is definitely going on my list of potential side challenges for my BaCC. :) Thanks for writing and sharing this!

Some questions about the rules:
  1. About platinum aspiration (for TS2), the rules section says the following:
    Each generation heir must achieve his/her LTW/Aspirations before they can pass the torch to the next generation.
    But then in the TS2 mini challenges it says:
    6. Platinum Profiteer... have every monster heir achieve platinum aspiration status during their lifetime. (+75, +10 for any spares or spouses)
    In TS2, the platinum aspiration status (or permanent platinum) is achieved by doing the sim's LTW. So this would mean doing a sim's LTW is at the same time obligatory and an extra challenge that you get bonus points for? Well technically you can get permaplat without doing the LTW, if you do enough wants otherwise so the lifetime happiness accumulates over time, but still, if you go the LTW route, you're getting bonus points for something that's actually obligatory.
  2. As for TS4, the "Best, Baddest" traits seem to include Family Oriented, which seems like an odd choice for a "bad" trait. Is this on purpose?
  3. About the family trait (for TS3/4): the rules section says
    The only exception is the family trait, of which you must pick an age that the family member will receive said trait and give it consistently at that age. For example, all sims will receive Hot-Headed on their child birthday.
    So I'd interpret this so that every member of the family will have this trait. But in the score section it says:
    By the end of challenge: family trait NOT upheld by all members (-20 points)
    So if all family members get the family trait, doesn't that mean that there's actually no situation where you'd get these minus points?
  4. The family of thieves challenge is in the universal super challenges list, but it can't be done with TS2, as there are no traits and I don't think sims can steal stuff. Should it be moved or maybe there's something to replace this in TS2?
  5. About "prisoners": the Dark Dungeon Genetics super challenge mentions keeping a captive sim in the dungeon, and in addition the points section mentions points for keeping a prisoner. First, do these points stack? I mean, if you do the super challenge, do you get points for that AND the time based points for prisoners? And second, I take it that prisoners are actually moved in with the family? I suppose you could trap a visitor sim by walling them in, but it sounds risky to do that for an extended period of time, as it's not the idea to kill them. (They might die accidentally, and I'm wondering if they might also glitch your lot/'hood somehow.)
To address your points:
I'm going to adjust that for spouses, only, and bonus for spares. Seem fair? +75 feels a WEE bit too generous for something you're already going to be doing... ;) Good catch.

TS3/TS4 family oriented traits are meant to be in neutral because this challenge is about building a family of monsters. Making that a penalty would be against the spirit of the challenge.

Yes, every family member MUST receive that trait, but you forget that in TS3 you can't always pick traits (if a child does poorly in school, for example, or doesn't learn their toddler skills). This will make it harder. Also what if one of the kids ends up dead before they acquire it? The point deduction is there for those situations where it's been forgotten or was unable to be attained.
Like what if there's a time-machine kid that comes out fully grown without the trait?

Will look into Family of Thieves, but otherwise just ignore it if it doesn't apply. We did our best to convert this to three very different games.

Yes you get points for both. No, prisoners are not always moved in with the family. DARK DUNGEONS prisoners should be (especially if they're female), there are several different ways you can go about taking a prisoner for each game. Moving them in is one, but that takes up space in the household so that's something you'd need to weigh. The point of it is to have a prisoner in your dungeon, it doesn't need to be the same one - they can absolutely die and be replaced.
Jenn wrote:In the sims 3 trait section, family oriented is neutral, so I bet they move it to there.

LOL I though the point of the dungeon was to lock people in to kill them. I did have to add the sim to the family because the game rescues them when it thinks they are "stuck". With not being able to go over 8 sims in the house, killing them off is a lot better for me.

Family traits: In Sims 3, if someone ages up badly, you cannot pick their traits. So, if you never have the option to pick the family trait, you will lose points for that. So, that is one example of how to lose 20 points.
There's also the roommate method in TS3 to prevent "rescuing." Though it's still best to aim for quicker deaths if they're not in your household.

Also with the Beware of Family - it says all visitors must die, but it doesn't say WHEN or HOW, so that's something to consider too.

Hopefully I covered everything? Time to tweak those two spots.

Family Oriented is being moved to Neutral for TS4 (was in baddest, bad when I was contemplating that this was a family challenge and I didn't want to dock points for a monster who wants to protect their family), and I'll adjust TS2 Platinum aspiration to be for spouses and bonuses for spares.
simnights
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by simnights »

Jenn wrote: Beware of the Family - all visitors must die.
See, I was trying to do this one, but I don't think playable visitors can die in sims 2. I put one in a pool for 3 days straight and he did not die. :shrug:
[align=center]My name is Lauren, I play TS2 & TS3
The Peters Legacy | Wacky Watson's Double Wide - A TPC | Greenmere Peaks BACC
ImageImage[/align]
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Ahh cool thanks for the clarification on the spouse points. Everything else, I think is good too.

@simnights - I am not able to do that one either. They keep resetting. I might have to add them to the family and do it that way.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

@Livvielove: Thanks for the clarification, I think that's everything. :) On the prisoners thing, I was apparently confusing the different kinds of prisoners so that's what caused the confusion. Edit: Also the platinum rule change for TS2 sounds good to me, makes sense that way. :)
simnights wrote:
Jenn wrote: Beware of the Family - all visitors must die.
See, I was trying to do this one, but I don't think playable visitors can die in sims 2. I put one in a pool for 3 days straight and he did not die. :shrug:
Hmm, visitors should be able to die in TS2. I haven't killed a visiting sim on purpose, but I have had a visitor get struck by a lightning by accident and die on my yard. Also I remember Peewee was able to kill a visitor by hunger in her age old Death Tutorial, and to my knowlegdge the cowplant also eats visitors. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to drown, although it's one of the slower methods, so maybe it just takes forever if his needs were in good shape when he got in? :shrug:
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

Sounds fun but oh boy if I start another I'll never get anywhere with my alphabetcy and my Baby Boom Challenge. x.X
ImageImageImage
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

WOO! I finally got a second to tweak some of the rules that needed it! Here's my latest changelog:

Challenge Updates/Changelog/Rule Tweaks - 10/21/18
  • Added TWO new SUPER CHALLENGES! Anyone who has already started prior to this point can pick up the first one even if you've already started!
    ---->Immortal Companion... create a pet with your founder (can stack with other pet related challenges) that you keep alive throughout the duration of the challenge along with your founder. Pet cannot die ever to receive points for this one (+50 points for each immortal companion).
    ---->Pet Cemetery... have collected at least 5 different pet graves for your cemetery, all pets that have stayed in your household for at least a week. Different deaths need not apply here. (+50 points, +15 extra points for each additional pet grave).
  • Tweaked the rules between the stated rules and the Supernatural Dynasty challenge to state that the extra challenge comes from both maintaining the lifestate beyond just having it and only having one lifestate per PERSON in the household count. So if your founder is a vampire and then they become a fairy, they can only count ONE of those lifestates for the Supernatural Dynasty challenge, while the rules would accept both fairy and vampire as having been completed and marked off.
  • Tweaked the FAMILY OF THIEVES challenge to specify that only every HEIR needs to steal at least 10k per generation - NOT every family member (though you could, you just might run out of stuff to steal...), also this challenge unfortunately only qualifies for TS3 and TS4. If anyone can think of a challenge to help balance the amount of challenges again for TS2 that'd be super awesome!

That's all I got folks! Keep hammering away at this with questions/comments/concerns so we can make this a fantastic challenge!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Found out there are a lot more than six colours like I thought for Sims 2, I totally forgot about death by flies, rally forth, vampire death by sunlight, and runs with scissors I think I have the mod for runs with scissors because you need a mod to make it happen. Death by flies would be easy to do with a bunch of slobs in the house. I may try that one.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Also I found a link to the site where I figured out how to make a basement in Sims 2, it seemed to fit this challenge for the dungeon if you're playing it in Sims 2 which as you know doesn't have the awesomely convenient basement tool like Sims 3 does. It's an easy to follow 9 step tutorial:

How To Build a Basement in Sims 2
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I'm excited to play this challenge!!

I just have one question: fires. -50 points per fire??? That's really intense, especially considering that fire is a reasonable means of killing someone. It also kind of makes the ghost hunter challenges pointless, since you'll lose more points in killing a single Sim than you gain from completing the challenge!
hello! :heartbeat:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Chase wrote:I'm excited to play this challenge!!

I just have one question: fires. -50 points per fire??? That's really intense, especially considering that fire is a reasonable means of killing someone. It also kind of makes the ghost hunter challenges pointless, since you'll lose more points in killing a single Sim than you gain from completing the challenge!
Sorry Chase, I meant to fix that up like 2 tweaks/update rounds ago on my notes... it's any UNINTENTIONAL fire. When I have more time tomorrow I've got a small list of updates I need to do to the main post!

Edit: there I went ahead and added that fix to the main post out of fear of forgetting again! Thanks for the reminder!
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: DyNasty of Darkness Challenge!!

Post by itsjulie »

Move to its new home amongst the other Boolprop Challenges.
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”