Moving Sims and Screenshots help

Moving Sims and Screenshots help

Postby Boaaekin » September 7th, 2018, 2:51 am

Sorry about my title, it's a bit vague, but I actually have two questions but didn't want to make two threads.

First one, is there any way to move sims between save files?
Second one, is there a way to take screenshots that hide the UI but retain thought bubbles?

Thanks!
Boaaekin
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Medals: 2
Happy Birthday (1) Scotland (1)

Re: Moving Sims and Screenshots help

Postby CHBlossomProduction » September 7th, 2018, 3:59 am

The only thing I can think about with your first question is to save your sim to the gallery (your library) then go to the other savefile, create a new household and take your sim that you saved from the library. They do keep skills and traits and such that I know! ^^ I hope it helps!

The second question is a little harder... but I did some quick google and found this thread, but from what I can gather it seems that it's not possible at the moment. We can only edit it out at the moment, or not have it at all... it's a little sad that we don't seem to be able to do it :(
So I don't think it's possible sadly. But I might have missed something, I don't know.

Hope it helped you! ^^
The Insanity arise... with a bit of the ABC's on the side and som Baby Boomers!
The Lockwood Chronicle - The Insanity arise!
The Ragsdale Alphabetcy!
The Baby Boomer Challenge + other things!
CHBlossomProduction
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 8
Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2018 (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Sweden (1)
Origin ID: Chosomoko

Re: Moving Sims and Screenshots help

Postby Trip » September 7th, 2018, 9:17 am

If you're OK with permanently hiding the plumbbob and don't mind being technical, it can be done by modifying a settings file.

EDIT: well, I misread. You could take a screenshot of the whole screen with the UI and crop I guess? Less traditionally, you can try inserting your own with a thought/speech bubble template like this one by cupidjuice. Sorry, it's not really something I think about much! :(
Pass a carafe, perhaps I’ll swill...
Will deliver content soon!
Trip

Medals: 2
Silver SimNaNoWriMo Award 2018 (1) Happy Birthday (1)
Origin ID: InfraGreen

Return to Sims 4 Help!