Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 40599

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 9666

Post by Lorinsv »

Hello, and YA-AY...
Spoiler:
Ooh, ooh! How much do you want for it?! :bounce: :P

Aww, moar cute pet pics, and breaking out the Kibble of Life, ya softie :heart: It gave me a good chuckle imagining all the caterwauling at Suzy's work headquarters during Chance Card time.

All right, Bigfoot warlocks, that's a first for me, and nice job "Linking" it with a subplot! :tongue:

The Magic Town lots as always look wonderful. Were those Maxis balloon carcasses lying around and tanking the Environment score? If so, I never knew they popped and did that! :plumbob2: The candy store is so adorable, the deco candy looks sweet as in really cute, and the candy-looking Maxis stuff you chose, especially I thought the red-and-white swirl end table, was inspired.

Great update again - fun, informative and inspiring as always! :hug:
:candyheart: :easteregg:
Image Image
ISTJ
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 9666

Post by Ani-Mei »

Been a while...
Spoiler:
Still wondering how you can have so many of those special characters in your hood and not have it blow up. I didn't even think that you could turn a Bigfoot into a wizard without some serious modding or hacking. Also, are you doing the Windows 10 thing too or is 8 working fine? I have an icon for Windows 10 on my laptop tray that WON'T GO AWAY!!! I tried, believe me I tried. I still use 7 and that's good enough for me. Anywho, I had to reread the last three updates since I actually forgot where you were. Looking forward to seeing you again Prince Nemo. :hug:
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 9845

Post by Twilightoutside »

Household G goes to school :splat: and Updates!

@lorinsv
Spoiler:
thx - the kebble of life was necesssary because I wanted to pop out some kittens before they became too old, and unfortunately, the cats relationships had tanked a bit... I hope to repair it next time and then get some moar kitten offspring as so far, the hood hasn't really developed a lineage...

As usual, I researched Big Foot and was surprised to read, that he can become a Warlock - and a zombie too! Hmmmmmmmmmmm... *Bigfeet running away in terror*

the red swirly table is actually part of the original furniture, but I kept it because of the same reason.... I also tried to install edible candy from parsimonous, but unfortunately, it doesn't show up - most of the candy is from retailsims
@Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
Yep - been a while... once I ran out of buildings made by Voleste for her Magic Hood, I had a hard time deciding what else to place without ruining the place... Also, I haven't migrated to Windows 10 yet, I want to wait a bit, until the first users had enough time to get at Microsofts throat for all the bugs it has.... :yuck: Windows 8 had flaws, but thankfully, there are easy freeware programs that can literally transform it into a Windows 7 environment.

As for corruptions... I actually lost a few Sims already to it and then had to play from an earlier backup... :timebomb: thankfully, I backup a lot.... :whistle:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 10024

Post by Lorinsv »

Shoot, was thinking yesterday and today at work I needed to re-read and comment on G, so I'm glad to have a reminder.
Spoiler:
The school district idea is great, totally makes sense to me how you're running it as a business.

How did ablaze-Vonnie manage to extinguish herself? Was she in danger of burning to death as an uncontrollable Sim? Weird seeing a fountain catch fire too - that breadfruit tree is cursed, I tell you! Do you have the mod that fixes that glitch? (Might be twojeff's? Can't remember...)

Yee-haw, burglary!

The Eiffel buildings are sooo pretty :hearts:

Ooookay, let's see what Household H is getting up to...

All right, more interesting education departments, all gorgeous to boot. Clever idea incorporating the cooking contest in the home economics department. So, you can spawn a judge with a special table available only on a community lot?

I feel as uninspired with my comments tonight as you do by a lack of creative ideas, though I can't imagine why you're having a problem when it's just Servo household after Servo household :P Try not to sweat it too much, your pictures and gameplay are more than entertaining enough for me.

Oh, did I laugh when you crossed the 10.000 mark and pointed out that you're one fiftieth of the way to you goal. We know you can speed it up anytime you choose, but in the meantime I'll sit back and really, really enjoy watching you get there :drinks:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Household I Update!

Special guest star: The ISS by Zarathustra :bounce:

@Lorinsv60:
Spoiler:
Vonnie thankfully put herself out simply by standing in the rain... my best guess, is that something close was struck by lightning, and she caught fire from it...
Last edited by Twilightoutside on July 18th, 2017, 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Yay!
Spoiler:
Yes, pupil and student are interchangeable. While we're on the subject, it should be the Crème de la Crème prize (award), not price (cost).

Anyway, congratulations for passing the 10.000 (2% :yoyo:) mark!

All your pictures look great because the lots are so.dang.pretty :hearts:

The water buckets look cool! I saw on MTS chat yesterday a link to a TS2 conversion of the ice cream stand from TS1's Hot Date here (on the right and scroll down a little) and thought it would make a perfect little business for a BaCC.

The I(C)SS is awesome, and great job on your part finding a way to actually put it into space (or close enough). Also love your idea of using the makeover chair as an eyeglass dispensary! Love the plant business too - I say it all the time, but I love Sim gardening! I can't believe you have over 120 community lots now, that is so impressive!

Fun, informative and inspiring, as always! :plumbob2: :heart:
Image Image
ISTJ
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Finally reading this fully, got through the part 1.
Spoiler:
Definitely an interesting play style, good to know how high the pay limit goes. Especially for the "Professor's" first day of life. Will be continuing to read!
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 10203

Update: Household J!

@lorinsv60:
Spoiler:
dang - forgot to correct the 'prize' in the previous presentations... :banghead:

- and placing 120 businesses isn't that difficult, as I could simply place all the businesses and the Professor could buy them... but I like to make this hard on myself... :headache:

- the water buckets... definitely a great creation, and I don't mind selling them, but also a bit strange to sell them for money... this isn't a desert after all...oh well, perhaps in another business district...
@ Bouncer:
Spoiler:
yeah - I was so anxious, that the subplots that killed my apocalypse from ever updating again could usurp this Challenge too, that I skipped to a no chracter and personality at all playstyle.... I hope though, that in time, I can actually introduce real families with real character into this... right now, this can be seen as a construction site, once the city is build, hopefully the Sims inhabiting it will follow...
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 10203

Post by Lorinsv »

Another cool update! As someone who has always enjoyed watching the process of getting from Point A to Point B, I love being able to watch Instant City growing over time :)
Spoiler:
Great new businesses, er, school departments :upsidedown: - Neberque's fitness center looks fabulous, and the food stand at your Stadium Showers is a nice little variant of a tailgate party, plus gotta love a super easy business to run. :yes:

That Josef video is a hoot - finally some relevance for the fries costume! And I'm with you, it's fun watching Sims when they get together, like at the pu... juice! *cough* kids' juice dispensary! I kept looking for clock hands on the dart boards, and does the clock on the food stand at the Stadium Showers lot turn or is it static? *for some weird reason is obsessed with telling time* :shifty:

I just thought of a name for Daughter 1 - Dee Dee (for Disc daughter, yeah I know her given name is Rose, but still, wanted to throw that out there :duck:)

Whoa, about those chance cards... *moment of silence*
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -12351!

BULK UPLOAD!
Household K
Household L
Household M
Household N
Household O
Household P
Household Q
Household R
Household S

:heavybreathing: That was really, really hard... also took over half a year, half a year to make!

Was it worth it? Eeeeh - not so much... it's one of those 'you have to do this even if nobody reads it'-things... - but since we're not even close to a 50.000 Population for a normal BaCC, this would be - minus adding CAS-Sims, which I can easily substitute with Plantsims or Servos - something every BaCC-player would have go trough... okay, perhaps not every business has to be level 10, but still...

Still, even a useless accomplishment is an accomplishment... :#1:

Happy Simming!
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

That's a heck of a lot of Servos.

(Also, holy cow you do good business lots.)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Thread Revival!

I have only read K,L, and M so far since authorSTREAM wants to lag at the moment. But I'll be back whether or not you are since it's been nearly four months.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -12489

:ghost: BOO! Yes, I'm still alive - and I bring the first chapter of the next season: Household Disc!

I haven't visited boolprop for quite some time :ouch , mainly because I'm pressing so hard on continuing this challenge, that the grinding leaves me literally too exhausted to read anymore stories, as I fear I could loose myself in the immense number of said stories.... also, real life always gets in the way, I never went on so many vacations like this year...

@ Scribal_Goddess:
Spoiler:
Yes, they are - and I planned a few more already... :mrgreen:
@ Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
:jawdrop: You actually read those???! Seriously, even I don't want to read them, it was exhausting enough writing them...but: THX :hug:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Yay, happy to see more updates! I should to be able to catch up on last season and this one once I get resettled in December *crosses fingers* :dizzy: :heavybreathing: :spin: (as well as continue on with Mesa Vista :tongue: )...

It was a big vacation year for me too, hope you enjoyed yours as much as I did! :awesome: :hearts:
Image Image
ISTJ
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Don't push so hard to complete things, just take a chill pill and check out some of the other events going on around here instead. You are allowed to do something other than this you know. :hug: Anyway, going to read the newest chapter now.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Woot - THX for the replies :hugs: - It gave me the boost to crank up another update: Household Disc/Son :alien: [FIXED]

@lorinsV
Spoiler:
Don't bother too much on catching up - all you'll see is - Community Business - 10 - next Community Business - 10 - moving out - next household - rinse & repeat...not worth it... :banghead:

Good luck with moving!
@Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
Oooh - I would, I would - but the day just doesn't have enough hours... because I like the grinding, so I play the different household for hours and hours (on Community lots of course...), and when I'm finally done, there is no time left to read anything unless I stop eating and sleeping :faint: ... and I'm convinced, reading something first would result in having no time to play and/or write afterwards... :duh: - so I'm open for any suggestion of a quick read and/or participation that won't end in 'Just one more chapter' or 'just one more round'... :geek:
Last edited by Twilightoutside on November 8th, 2016, 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Your link is busted to the latest chapter, it gave me errors so I tracked it down through the last one. Anyway, if you're looking for a short read and play Heather just completed a Boolprop Monster Mash challenge, it's one chapter and ridiculously easy to get in Sims 2. It also comes with a cool medal. Hers is called Bad Moon Rising and it's in the completed challenges section. I'm doing one too in Sims 3 which is much harder and takes longer. Since you have so many of the supernatural requirements already in Instant City this would be easy for you to get. Also new household means population jump right? So it all works in the grand scheme of things. You ask and I shall deliver. :drinks:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Love the Asian Fusion hairstyles on the grandkids! Cool idea linking private school with the L'ecole d'Eiffel district. Will we get to see the kids attend school there?
Spoiler:
It's good to see Prof Disc making amends of varying degrees with kids, and fun to see Romance Rose acting so duuduu over her siblings.
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”