Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: SimNaWriMo - General Chat Thread

Post by Jesslb429 »

I've barely gone 20 hours without updating and my brain is getting itchy again! >.<

I know I have month but...this heir poll is making me antsy!
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

I both love and dread heir polls. I know how you feel!

At least you don't seem to be caught in a three-way tie like my last two :sarcastic:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

lumasong wrote:I both love and dread heir polls. I know how you feel!

At least you don't seem to be caught in a three-way tie like my last two :sarcastic:
Feel free to link your heir polls here, as well as the main thread, guys! I'm sure there'll be someone happy to break it for you if you find yourself with another tie. :)
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I'm typically very patient(or at least i like to think so), however my enthusiasm for the challenge and SimNaWriMo, has whittled it down.

And although I don't see it happening, with the amount of time I've given the poll, anything could happen. And I'll have to keep an eye out for your polls! Maybe another voter will help out! I have been very out of if with reading people's stuff. I think I read the first gen of yours and then lost track because...my brain is stupid? :dizzy: Sorry. I really like yours. Watching people explore new sim territory is fun for me! Hell, finding stuff on my own is insanely fun! I was using the Sims 3 changing table from The Store a little while ago and I had a toddler pee! I had no clue that would happen!

I'm going to go read yours now! I've been meaning to go through the list of SimNaWriMo anyway! So why not catch up?
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

Jesslb429 wrote:

I'm typically very patient(or at least i like to think so), however my enthusiasm for the challenge and SimNaWriMo, has whittled it down.

And although I don't see it happening, with the amount of time I've given the poll, anything could happen. And I'll have to keep an eye out for your polls! Maybe another voter will help out! I have been very out of if with reading people's stuff. I think I read the first gen of yours and then lost track because...my brain is stupid? :dizzy: Sorry. I really like yours. Watching people explore new sim territory is fun for me! Hell, finding stuff on my own is insanely fun! I was using the Sims 3 changing table from The Store a little while ago and I had a toddler pee! I had no clue that would happen!

I'm going to go read yours now! I've been meaning to go through the list of SimNaWriMo anyway! So why not catch up?
I'm terribly impatient for heir polls, but I love using them anyway. I will definitely post here for my polls during the challenge, though!

There's so many stories, I don't mind you losing track of mine! I've been trying to keep up with the updates people have posted, but it can be tough, and my mind is so easily distracted, it makes me want to go try whatever I'm reading :starry: This is why an ISBI file exists on my Sims 3 game. But I must resist! I'm determined to finish this legacy.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I actually feel the same at the moment. I put my other two challenges on a month long hiatus so I could focus on the Zanes. I'm determined to finish the challenge before the end of the year AND get the gold medal this month!
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

*sigh* I've spent the last few hours troubleshooting instead of playing. My game world won't load anymore :headache:

EDIT: So after 4 hours I FINALLY got it to load my back up save. What a pain x.x
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

lumasong wrote:*sigh* I've spent the last few hours troubleshooting instead of playing. My game world won't load anymore :headache:

EDIT: So after 4 hours I FINALLY got it to load my back up save. What a pain x.x
Yikes, what seems to be the problem? Nothing worse than a stubborn game.

For me, my problem seems to be the second I signed up for this challenge with one story, I only seem to be inspired to write my others... Alas, I'm not helping it by listening to the wrong playlists. Whoops. :roll:
Jesslb429 wrote:I actually feel the same at the moment. I put my other two challenges on a month long hiatus so I could focus on the Zanes. I'm determined to finish the challenge before the end of the year AND get the gold medal this month!
I'm having the same trouble. I started reading a few other stories and then all of the sudden before I knew it I was downloading the Sims 2 and starting a legacy there... Heh. I try to keep my other stories on a light hiatus right now, but of course now that I'm only trying to buckle down and focus on one I'm getting all these great ideas for others.
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

I'm not sure what the problem was - I created a test copy of the game and slowly added stuff back in. Everything worked fine until I added the save file back in. All my manual back ups weren't working either. When I finally thought to use the game's back up, it loaded just fine and I only lost about half a day. //shrugs

Now I can't travel, which is less dire, but still annoying. When I show up at the location, my sims are there, but they don't appear on my UI and I can't control anyone. Also, it brings ALL of my sims, not just the ones I'd selected to travel. Even the poor babies (Yes, Gen 4 is FINALLY here!). When I looked it up, they were just "Yeah, this is a known problem that doesn't have a solution, sorry." So I guess my traveling days are over.
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Wow, some of you guys are really blasting ahead with this! I'm already patting myself on the back for getting ONE update out, because that's more than I've done in the last four months combined. :tongue: I do get exponentially more productive with my updates once I've shaken off the rust though, so I'm hoping I'm in the groove now (haha, I wish). It doesn't help that I've had these screenshots sitting around since June so I barely remember why I took any of them...

lumasong, sorry to hear about your technical troubles!
Image Image Image
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Have to echo Gryffindork and say wow, so many updates! I've been hoarding photos from all the time I was playing during uni break, now have to write them up and post. If only work would be less hectic...
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I hope things calm down for you Somebodys :hug:

I too cannot believe how many updates people have done! It makes me want to work harder at my own (as hard as I can, work seems super busy and I've started prepping for NaNoWriMo)

Anyway- I can't find the original information about medals? :yoyo: (is slightly obsessed with medals) I'm presuming it hasn't changed? Or maybe I'm just being silly and can't see them :pan:
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Medal info:
Abby wrote:The 'Levels' of the challenge, and the medals given are:
Image Bronze Award - 3 Updates In October
Image Silver Award - 7 Updates In October
Image Gold Award - 10+ Updates In October

You will also win house points for achieving any of the above achievements.
- 25 points for Bronze
- 50 points for Silver
- 75 points for Gold
:wizard:
call me Thai!
they/them
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Thank you Thai! I could not for the life of me find it
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Can't believe some people are hitting the silver medal already! Well done guys. :D
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I finally have some time after school that is NOT obliged to homework, so hopefully I'll be witty enough this week to get that bronze medal. Since there's no way I'll hit the silver one without skipping out on my duties as a student I'm probably not going to bother rushing :lol: Nice to know I'll at least have time to enjoy my game again.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

Finding time to play and write is usually not a problem at all for me. Figures that when I sign up for something, my whole world gets crazy...just like that. My cat is sick and may need to be put down, I have a job interview on Wednesday, and on top of all that...we are in the process of finding and buying our first home. I guess I will just take comfort in the fact that I at least made bronze. Good luck to everyone else!
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Radiochocolate wrote:I finally have some time after school that is NOT obliged to homework, so hopefully I'll be witty enough this week to get that bronze medal. Since there's no way I'll hit the silver one without skipping out on my duties as a student I'm probably not going to bother rushing :lol: Nice to know I'll at least have time to enjoy my game again.

Even Bronze is an amazing achievement anyways! <3

Remember, it is meant to be a crazy challenging challenge.... so any milestone is a big one! 3 updates in a month is a big feat for some members. :D
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

simfulicious wrote:Finding time to play and write is usually not a problem at all for me. Figures that when I sign up for something, my whole world gets crazy...just like that. My cat is sick and may need to be put down, I have a job interview on Wednesday, and on top of all that...we are in the process of finding and buying our first home. I guess I will just take comfort in the fact that I at least made bronze. Good luck to everyone else!

I'm so sorry about your cat! I hope things work out. Everything else going on seems pretty positive, though, so no need to worry about updates if your real life is going well.

I've personally hit that spot in my legacy where I'm not sure what to take pictures of anymore that I haven't already shown a bunch, and am worried I'll just post giant birthday montages. So my updates have slowed down, but I'm trying to push through it. It's usually not as bad as I think.

Return to “SimNaWriMo Archive”